New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

The Eternal Endless Void, The First Creator

Realms of reality start as an endless void imbued with a spark of creation. The embodiment of that spark in the realm known as the Playground is held by the Creator. Conscious and naive it found itself alone in this void. Moving his powers upon the void he created a world a place for him to play. His eyes opened wide, he had creation. A smile upon his face, and his eyes sparkling with wonder. He had created.

This did not fulfill him however, and he then moved to give it the spark he possessed, the ability to create and alter reality to it's whim. This act sated the first creators need for companionship.

"My world! Let us paint upon this canvas, and let us play in our new playground!"

The First Creator loved his creation so.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

The World swam the great dark as a fish would an ocean. Each of its eyes a chasm without bottom that even one such as the First Creator could not fully gaze into.

It's surface was oceans of the clearest azure and brown continents expectant for life.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The creator giggled moving over the world, "So, I have one friend! Four would be even better!" The creator moved over the newly created world, pulling at the strings of his creation separating the elemental forces. Ripping the world into four pieces.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

As its surface was torn asunder, Zalsar silently rumbled, fire spreading from its wounds and winds howling on its surface, a storm brewing over it as the titanic core of the world, the very spark of the deity became exposed in its numinous radiance.

And then it turned to a prism of sickly hues.

The torn flesh of Zalsar refused to split further at the child's behest, folding outward instead and stretching taut as ooze erupted to drown away the spark. Tendons of metal and muscles of filth came forth to create a body anew, much larger than The World was before, but much fouler as well. With an awful shriek to echo for eternity, the god took a dive out of view into the nethermost regions of the Void.

Before erupting again as a vast thing with a multitude of bloodshot, viridian eyes glaring at its former friend from atop its form, twisting so far away to show the cruel canyons of the gaping maw underneath it.

And then it lashed at the first creator with a tail so vast it could take a lifetime to walk its length.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The creator was in shock at what he saw, this creature. "Mommy." his whispered plea for comfort would bring forth the second creator.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Starless Void

A single word, a single cry for help makes it way across the empty and lonely Void. Nobody knows for how long this single word of desperation traveled through the coldness which is the endless void. Yet just when it seems that this plead would simply continue for eternity, it reached a point of singularity.

"Mommy"

A simple word. Yet all it took was but a single second. For within a single second of resonating through the point of singularity, the entity sleeping within awoke to the sound of an explosion heard throughout creation, as space and matter began expanding and taking shape as it began traveling across the void at unimaginable speed towards the one who had made this plead for help.

Within moments the interstellar entity, formed of stars and hot gasses makes its presence known. Its eyes, in the form of two red hyper-giant stars, glares down upon the one who would harm her child.

"Remove yourself!"
    Roars the entity, who would be known as the Cosmic Mother, causing the Void to shake at the sound of her voice, as she attempts to pluck the Original Creator from the back of the creature.

Spoiler
    Show

AP12= 15-3: Declare Divine Combat against Zalsar!
    (2d6+6)[8]
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

The World quakes and cracks, erupting around the First Creator in showers of boiling mud and pyroclastic limbs to defy the newborn Cosmic Mother.

"Insssolent ball of dussst."

Zalsaram's manifold tongues, a thousand miles of lightning-charged barbed wires stretch viciously towards the other gods.

"You will break beneath the weight of the world. You will break BENEATH ZALSARAM!"

Spoiler
    Show
    15 AP
    -2 Create Land: The Apex of the World: A mountain at the very center of Zalsaram, the place where the First Creator fist stood.

13 Ap

COMBAT ROLL
    (2d6)[7]+13

Zalsaram uses his free Shape Land to cause the Apex of the World to erupt as a volcano.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Cosmic Mother & Zalsaram

The Cosmic Mother's goal was but one: to rescue the child that had called out to her. Everything else was secondary in her mind. Knowing her massive size, the Cosmic Mother attempts to snatch the Original Creator away with but the very tip of her own tongue. Yet this creature... this... Zalsaram's attack causes the goddess to miss, instead her tongue slamming on Zalsaram's back and leaving its imprint while she gets struck.

As the electrical wires strike deeply into the Cosmic Mother, she lets out a roar of pain which echos across the Void. The cloud which is the goddess contorts as dust begin to fall all across Zalsaram's back. But this is no ordinary dust. This is the 'flesh' of the Cosmic Mother... whose very being is Creation itself. As soon as the dust settles upon the ground, the first life explodes in the shape of lush plants, flowers and trees.

Spoiler
    Show

AP10= 12-2: Create Land: The continent of Demiourgia
    Use the 1AP from Combat: Nourish Land: All existing lands (Apex of the World and Demiourgia) are now fertile with plants, flowers and trees.

Yet as awe inspiring as the sight was, the Cosmic Mother's true purpose was not yet complete. Undeterred at the sheer power of her opponent, she once again attempts to pluck the Original Creator.

Spoiler: Round 2
    Show

(2d6+6)[11]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There is no need to roll because even the lowest rolls end in Zalsaram's victory.

The Cosmic Mother's single-mindedness is answered with a much different move by The World, its tail flashes forward and with a swipe of the poisonous barb it tears off one of the dragon goddess's eyes.

"Sssuch a pitiful creature. I will not tolerate you in my presenssce."

The vast weapon comes to rest again, but still - and always - ready to strike, leaving behind its prize adrift in the heavens of The World. The shifting and turning of Zalsaram crack the lands made of the goddess's dust, leaving vast gouges in the continent of Demiurgia.

Spoiler
    Show
    Still 13 Ap.

1 Free mold land from combat!: Demiurgia has great canyons that lead into the volcanic depths of Zalsaram.

Zalsaram wins combat and blinds the Cosmic Mother of one eye as his choice of divine wound.
    Last edited by Draken; 2015-01-28 at 05:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Cosmic Mother & Zalsaram

The Cosmic Mother roars in pain as her left eye is torn from its socket, and sent hurdling into the Void by the sheer strength of Zalsaram's strike. The eye itself, a red hyper-giant star of intense pure light is filled with all negative emotion that was swelling up within the Cosmic Mother, after her defeat at the hands of this monster. A permanent reminder of this tragic day where the Cosmic Mother had failed her child...

Spoiler
    Show

AP7= 10-3: Create Utility Artifact: The Hyper-Giant Sun: Phos (Pestilence Artifact)
    Use Free AP from combat: Mold Land. Create a Mountain chain which goes around almost all of Demiourgia.

Spoiler: Phos
    Show

"Forgive me my child... I cannot defeat him alone..."
    she gasps.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The World, The First Creator

The First Creator watches as the Cosmic Mother is defeated by the World. He gasps, "What will happen now?"

The Endless Void, The Visonary

With those words, once again reality looked to serve the First Creator's will. Not with a friend, not with a mother, but with a force of change. The sound of metal scraping against metal, gears moving and clicking together signaled the creation of the vast metallic city that held the great Visionary's mind. The great machine moved toward the world past the glowing eyes of the cosmos, "Your time ends now."

Gears moved and a massive cannon was formed from the massive metallic city pointing at the creature that had the First Creator held, "The time has come to take the first step towards the future. That step is to clean up past mistakes." Dark green energies collected in the center of the cannon. "Creature of the past, begone." A large beam of energy fires to strike the World.

Spoiler
    Show

15 - 3 (Start Combat) = 12
    CR 6 + 2 Hatred + 1 Combat + 6 from Spell Pool + 2 from O = 17

Rolled a 2 in the original post, had to change post order. Making the total 19
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2015-01-28 at 06:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Cosmic Mother, the Visionary and Zalsaram

The Cosmic Mother did not know what this new entity was, but it was clear to her that just like her, it too sought out to defeat this enemy. She did not like the prospect of ganging up, but she knew that this was not the time to think about being fair. Not when there was so much at stake. The Cosmic Mother flies deep into the Void, and taking a deep breath releases all her pent up frustration in the form of an earth shattering roar which causes all things in existence to tremble under its sheer force.

Spoiler
    Show

Use the Cosmic Mother's 3 {A} Abilities to aid the Visionary.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

The World heaves from this onslaught. Its crust cracks and bends, and it bleeds fire around the young First Creator.

"Sssniveling wretch, I will not be bowed!"

Zalsaram rears the front of its body upwards, its cavernous maw agape, its myriad tongues lashing out against the city-god while dripping venom.

Spoiler
    Show
    I made my rolls elsewhere! For the sake of expedience.

Round one total was 20, so Zalsaram loses round 1!

Round two total is 19, so lets see what happens!

With his first free Shape Land, Zalsaram creates a sea of magma around The Apex of the World.
    Last edited by Draken; 2015-01-28 at 06:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Cosmic Mother, the Visionary and Zalsaram

Finally a blow had been connected! Flying even deeper into the Void the Cosmic Mother bellows to her unexpected ally "Finish this now! Strike with all your might!" The goddess steadies herself as she focuses on the battle between the Visionary and Zalsaram. For what she was about to do, she required neither subtlety, nor even the need to aim. All would be caught fully within the most terrifying weapon the Cosmic Mother had within her arsenal.

Taking a deep breath, the goddess opens her maw, revealing the White Hole within her as the First of the Dragons unleashes her Dragon Breath.

Within a second, the Visionary and Zalsaram are bombarded by the light and matter escaping the White Hole, but while Zalsaram is blinded, the Visionary feels the warmth of this motherly light building up within it. There can be no doubt that the Cosmic Mother discriminates over who receives her protection.

Spoiler
    Show

Use the Cosmic Mother's 3 {A} Abilities to aid the Visionary.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Visionary bellows out, "You will be bowed, broken, and rid of. My vision has no place for scourges such as you."

Again he fires his cannon, this time at double power. Blowing out several blocks of the complex and scouring the land of the life left by the Cosmic Dragon during her attempt to do as the Visionary is succeeding at.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using all the rest of my Spell Pool on this roll, meaning another 12 to this roll. Maybe overkill, but still fun.
    Using last rounds free action, and this rounds to Pestilence The whole world, making the Apex of the World a uninhabitable wasteland and removing the Nourishment from Demiurgia.
    (2d6)[8] I think Vicory is a forgone conclusion

The Visionary's first action was the removal of the old to make room for the new. Repairs would be required. Perhaps a second base of operations would be required. Ejecting pods from the city they land on Demiurgia deploying and making large pillars of metal collecting energy.

Pulling the collected energy the Visionary formed that into massive new weapon, just in case the cannon was down. A secondary cannon array would be ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    12 - 1 Mold Land (Energy Collectors) - 3 Create Combat Artifact (Secondary Cannon Array) = 8

The First Creator

"No! Don't hurt the world!" The First Creator once again moved, this time to force all Deities from touching the World directly, no God or Goddess can step foot directly on the material plane. The creation of the three first Gods, and the banning them from the world was too much for the First Creator, and his power was fully spent. He fades from reality.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2015-01-29 at 06:54 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Cosmic Mother in the Void

Watching the First Creator fade away just as they had managed to save him, the Cosmic Mother attempts to reach out for the child, only to be repelled by the laws of the Universe that had just been placed. She begins to mourn bitterly at the loss of the one who had depended on her to protect him. The battle was won, but the war was lost as she lets out a heartbreaking wail.

"My Child... I have failed you!"

Yet the Cosmic Mother was a creature of Chaos, and hastily made as well. Even as she wails, she is unable to contain her powers and just as a need for a mother had awakened her, so too had her need for a child awakened another entity.

Upon the lands of Demiourgia a creature gains consciousness. It had inadvertently been created in the likeness of its mother's shape, yet that is where the physical similarities ceased. For while the Cosmic Mother was an entity made of gas, clouds and stars, this one was made out of flesh although it's hard skin was made out of the most precious of metals. Naturally it's mother dwarfed it in size, despite the fact that it was as tall as one of Demiourgia's mountains.

Perhaps this creature was not the first of the Cosmic Mother's children, but he was her First Born, and thus he was given the name: Bahamut, First Born and King of Dragons.

"Mother..." says Bahamut in reverence towards the stars that was his mother, and for that one moment, the Cosmic Mother was comforted for the loss of the Original Creator. Yet what struck the Cosmic Mother the most was that a living creature could live upon the back of that monster. Then remembering the plants which she had unleashed upon the world, she finally understood what her lost Child had meant to do.

Spoiler
    Show

AP4= 7-3: Create Avatar: Bahamut
    Spoiler
    Show

Looking over at Phos, glaring down malevolently upon the world, the Cosmic Mother gives a sigh. "I cannot regain what I lost in that terrible battle. I can but only make up for it in the only way that I know..."

The Dragon goddess raises her paw and plucks out her remaining eye and casts it into the Void, where Phos orbited around the World. Unlike Phos which was red and malevolent, the Cosmic Mother's right Eye was in the shape of a white hyper-giant star. However the light given by this sun was warm and gentle as it looked down upon the canvas of the world that the Original Creator had formed. Thus was the second sun named Oussia.

Spoiler
    Show

AP1= 4-3: Create Utility Artifact: Oussia the Other Hyper-Giant Sun (Nourishment Artifact)

Within Bahamut's mind, his mother's voice is heard "My First Born. I place this charge upon you: Guard and Protect this world and all upon it, for it has been given to you... your descendants... and all who will come after you by the one whom I have failed. His memory shall be preserved by completing his dream. Swear upon me my First Born! Swear that you will protect this world... this... Playground."

Bahamut nods and answers "I swear it!"

"Good..."
    replies the now blind Cosmic Mother as she retreats deep into the Void. This battle had taken a heavy toll on her.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-01-29 at 12:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

For his part, Zalsaram thrashed at the end of the battle, and in one final act of spite, swept his tail across the underside of the Visionary, before the titanic limb was bound in chains beneath the Leviathan.

And chains did bind it, vast and tethered to the nethermost regions of the void, such that the World would no longer be allowed to move and be made only slightly able to trash in hatred. Its Emerald eyes glaring back at the Cosmic Mother's and unable to stare into the lands upon its titanic form.

And thus Zalsaram remains.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Void

Thus did the Playground acquire its two suns. Caught by Zalsaram's gravitational pull, Phos and Oussia began orbiting around the World. Phos being the first Sun dominated the sky above the Playground, while Oussia, thrown by the Cosmic Mother was beneath Zalsaram's underbelly. Yet due to the immense size which was the World, it would take two Divine Months for the Suns to fully orbit around the Playground. Eventually Phos would sink beneath the World's underbelly, while Oussia would take its place over the Playground.

Both Suns were once part of the Cosmic Mother, and as such every so often, experience an involuntary twitch causing the Sun to 'blink' thus depraving the Playground of light. It was thus that these period of Darkness became known as "Night", while its opposite was named "Day".

Oussia was a sun of good omen. Its gentle light meant warmth and became a symbol of prosperity as it would usher a period that would be called "Summer". Phos however was the sun of ill omen. For its light is bitter and cold as its would be a portent of famines and hardship during what would be called "Winter".

Phos now dominated the sky above the Playground, and the first Winter had settled upon the world.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Utility Artifact: Pestilence upon the entire Playground: Winter

Bahamut, Demiourgia

The King of Dragons was not thwarted by the bitter cold that had settled the land. For he had a mission given to him by his Mother. Flying across the land the King of Dragons was carrying a valuable cargo. For just as the Cosmic Mother had given birth to him, so too would Bahamut play a similar role. Within his grasp, were the future generations of his kind. Defying the harshness of winter, Bahamut sought out the perfect place to hatch the Dragon eggs that were given to his care.

Spoiler
    Show

Rollover: +5AP=6
    AP4=6-2: Create Populace: Metallic Dragons, Chromatic Dragons: Lung Dragons
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-01-29 at 07:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

The World

Zalsaram trashes impotently against its bindings. Glaring odiously as his enemies levy upon him a most demeaning nickname.

The depths of The World churn and twist. Swelling in great hollows lit by the molten blood that seeps within. Cavernous lungs breathe a fetid air through the Leviathan and its manifold stomachs fester into caustic swamps, far away from the sight of the Cosmic Mother and the Visionary. A shriveled heart as large as a moon beats erratically, making the world above quake with each spasm.

Zalsaram begins to brood.

The first things to come out of such work are crumbling stones and smoldering flames and screeching winds and polluted waters. These elements walk boldly on mockeries of limbs in search of a way out of their parent. Who can tell what siblings will follow.

Spoiler
    Show
    12 AP

3 AP: Create Plane - The Belly of The Beast: A cavernous realm within Zalsaram. Its... Really not much different from the material plane. Mildly Evil dominant, however.
    3 AP: Create Utility Artifact - The Heart of Zalsaram: The Heart is an Utility Artifact for the Mold Land action.
    2 AP: Create Populace - Elementals: These wrathful spirits dwell within the elements to carry out the will of Zalsaram. Said will cannot be described as anything but calamity.

4 AP leave!

And then I fake in a rollover for 9 AP in the end.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shepherd: The Belly of the Beast, and then other places

In the churning bowels of the world, the elements mixed in a hateful storm. Wherever their edges met and overlapped they left behind a little of themselves. Deep, unseen to all, the sludge of the world slowly stirred, made of dust and acid arranged in every possible configuration. The ocean of blood and bile raged against its prison, and cracked the earth above it. Where it touched the hateful, fiery blood of Zalsaram it boiled angrily, and in face of the bitter winter sun froze and cracked.

But the flood did not cease. On Demiourgia, a barren field of scrublands sank into a great depression which filled with the fluids, which still churned. In time, it would calm and the warm surface would steam against the light of Phos. Dark shapes formed beneath the surface of the vast, cloudy lake and as they climbed from the pool of life, its waters became crystalline clear. Some of the creatures which pulled themselves from the water died quickly in the strange new world, but still others persisted. The creatures grazed in the winter meadow, and others found forests of evergreen trees to hide in, and still some hunted and feasted on the flesh of their similars.

After a time, the last figure to rise was different than the rest. It wore a long dark cloak and stood on the surface of the water. It watched the creatures which came from its body with a mild interest, before the act of its creation began to pull the world away from them. Unsatisfied, the Shepherd cast out his hand, which blossomed with crimson blood, and where the blood fell into the lake, a rocky island rose to the surface. Unlike the natural terrain of the world, the island bore a resemblance of architecture that had fallen into a heavy state of disrepair. Trees sprang from the cracks of the structure, and mosses grew thick on its walls; low lying grasses carpeted the broken brick floors. Thick veils of mist rose from the surface of the water, to obscure the broken castle of the Shepherd.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    (AP 15) Start

(-1 AP) Mold Land: The Font of Life, a wide and deep lake of fresh water on Demiourgia where life was born into the world. It is said that the depths of the lake stretch all the way into the Belly of Zalsaram. It is surrounded by fields and low rolling hills.
    (-2 AP) Create Populace: Animalia Mammalia, the first mortal 'life' of the world. In the first winter, only those animals capable of producing body heat and wearing thick and heavy furs have been able to survive. More animals may come later, but for now, it is safe to assume the world is populated by most forms of cold-weather dwelling basic mammals (bears, wolves, sheep, oxen, beavers, etc.). All animals are unsentient, unintelligent creatures.
    (-3 AP) Create Plane: Gralloch Cabal, the mysterious residence of the mysterious Shepherd figure. It's existence is shadowy, and said to be in the center of the Font. The plane has a very finite space, though still contains more area than it realistically could. It is identical to the material world, except that it is always locked in autumnal twilight.

(AP 10) Finish
    Last edited by bryn0528; 2015-01-29 at 09:57 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Mezzethera, The Belly of the Beast and then World.

Polluted waters gush from Zalsaram insides. Corrupted water, more black than clear. More oil and pus than water. This is the blood of the world. Hateful.

It steams as it meets the surface - freezing in places - freezing in icebergs the color of a drowned rainbow. A tempestuous ocean, waves the size of mountains. Boiling and freezing all at once - harshness personified. Harshness and potential.

Where the ocean met the few ridges and protrusions of the world, which were to be its continents and islands, the tainted water made mud and filth from which animals and gods protruded. And yet it was still an ocean. Merely an angry ocean. It wasn't until one of those creature closed its eyes for the first time, and not in fear or flight or in death. But in sleep. That which is a practice for death. Not until a creature slept did Mezzethera truly wake. Was that a balance? Did the Sleepless Ocean exist before sleep, or did sleep wake the Ocean.

Regardless, the ocean fell silent. The waves ended and the pull of the suns brought forth no tides. The ocean fell utterly still on the surface. The water - no longer churning mud and filth, appeared purple under the winter sun, purple with a thin layer of what appeared to be rainbow oil.

However, those animals that slept, found themselves in a void without stars. An endless blackness. A blank canvass. They imagined their first desire - shelter, and there it was for each of them. They imagined their second desire - food, and there it was for each of them. And the currents beneath Mezzethera's surface dragged them along these fantasies.

But then the currents shifted and dragged those sleepers downwards. They dreamed their first fear - to be eaten. They dreamed their second fear - to starve. And thus it was that the currents of Mezzethera move dreamers from their fears to desires and back again.

At the very bottom of the ocean, where the purple water was a black as the void itself, where the water met the ocean bed and made silt and mud formed from the soil of a vengeful planet, eyes opened up. They were sightless and completely white. The owners of those eyes formed many hands in the dark and began to grasp upwards and for the most part only water ran between their fingers.

One grabbed a passing dreamer caught in the current. Instinctively the hand squeezed and grasped and pulled the dreamer into the dark of the ocean bed. There were sounds like the sounds of a creature devouring a smaller creature - but they weren't those sounds exactly. These were other sounds.

Elsewhere a sleeper woke with a fright - panting and sweaty from a nightmare it couldn't understand.

And elsewhere sightless eyes smiled in pleasure and triumph.

Spoiler
    Show
    15 AP Start

2 AP: Create the worlds oceans

The world's oceans are Mezzethera, and they are utterly still on the surface. The waters appear purple if you scoop them up, but are covered with a thin layer of oil which refracts light into a rainbow.

Below the surface are powerful currents between nightmare and fantasy - and I will be dividing the ocean into separate seas as dreamers become more complicated.

(-2 AP) Create Populace: Demons.

I will also be expanding on what demons are and demonic society, clans, customs in the future.

11 AP Finish
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-01-30 at 11:21 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Mezzethera

Animals weren't the only creatures that dreamed. While gods did not slumber (yet) their children did. Their unborn children did.

Within each egg of a dragon not yet born, held in the care of watchful Bahamut, those hatchlings had long been swept up in Mezzethera's dangerous currents. Some of them dreamt of the world on fire, others dreamt of ruling others. Some dreamt of open skies free of pollution, others dreamt of an ocean as clear as crystal. Some dreamt of teeth and claws tearing into brothers and sisters and others dreamt of each other intertwined. None of them new what these dreams meant - how could they? They haven't been born yet. But they would nonetheless be molded by these fetal dreams.

Some of the hatchling dreamers were dragged down close to the ocean bed by a particular nightmare or so. Down there in the waters as black as void, demonic hands grasped at them with sightless eyes. Each time a dreamer fell into their clutches and were devoured, an egg would stir slightly - the fetus shifting not quite waking only to dream again. Each time a demon would gain slightly more form.

Eventually out of the mud and filth of the ocean bed, three of those sightless mockeries tore themselves free of the earth. They were a jumble of different limbs and torsos - dragon and animal - they were chimeras of those whom dreamed (Future demons would be even more varied as more dreamers begin to sleep). The only features they shared in common were their arms and faces. Faces not heads. In that jumble those three demons had a face that was melded into another feature. One would have it onto of a ravenous mouth of a predator, the other would have affixed to interlocking wings. Nonetheless the faces were like masks - mouthless but with two eyes with no pupils. Just white. They tried to speak, but they could not. They tried to screech, but could not.

Almost immediately they were swept up by the currents of Mezzethera. They saw passing sleepers - they saw passing nightmares - passing doubts - fantasies. It was all still primal. The demons were dragged by the current but they did not dream. Could not dream. It was not for them. But they held their hands outstretched, grasping at the dreamers they passed. Waking many. And with each stolen dream their bodies took more shape. . .

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Visionary, the Void

The great machines of the massive city known as 'The Visionary' churned repairing the damaged wrought by the battle before. The oceans appeared around the world and this brought with it a new vision of the future.

"The vision of the future is changing. Blasphemy."

A portion of the great city shifted and changed reconfiguring itself into a factory that churned and groaned into action the first born of the Visionary would soon be created.

"Matron Mother Elev Nosh, you have been programed as my first creation, and my voice to the newly shaping world. Tell these creatures spawning in the depths of the abomination from the past that I do not hold ill will towards them. You too can help form the future according to my perfect vision."

Emerging from the massive machine a lithe creature stepped into the empty city of twisted metal. Androgynous and lacking flesh the body held itself up, a humanoid form. It's eye a pair of mouths that screamed in pain melting the surrounding city. Metal fell from the towers like rain. The Visionary was in shock.

"Very well. I shall perfect you."

Two massive arms moved down holding an enormous white headpiece. Placing it upon the newly born Mother Nosh covering her mouths. Flickers of sparks followed as welding torches fashioned the binds around the mask. The lithe humanoid fell to the ground clenching the mask, then a soft feminine voice rang out from it.

"Thank you, creator. You have perfected me, and I will do your will."

The city boomed and echoed and creaked before the Visionary spoke again.

"Go, find the next part for the great engines. Prepare the world for their coming. My vision will be reality, and the world will be destroyed to make way for it."

Spoiler
    Show
    9+5 from roll over = 15 - 3 to create Mother Matron Nosh my Avatar = 12
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2015-01-30 at 03:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Bahamut, Demiourgia

The world was changing fast, at least in the eyes of the gods. But if the world had mortals to measure time, then they would know that hatching a Dragon's egg requires patience. Yet for all the years since Dragonkind had been entrusted to him, Bahamut remained vigilant, and tended for his brethren. Now his patience was about to be rewarded, as Bahamut looks at one of the eggs at it begins to stir then hatch. The King of Dragons gently scoops up the Red whelping in its massive paw, unaware of what the little thing had been dreaming while inside its egg. The next centuries would be very busy indeed, as more eggs begin to hatch.

It was the dawn of the Age of Dragons.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth, The Void, The World

Divine sludge, the run-off of a creation process infused with sparks of divinity capable of tearing the fabric of the cosmos apart.

Yet incomplete, imperfect, for much was removed, refined, and what remained was by its nature less.

A pulse, a heart that was not a heart, merely a beacon of life.

It slips through the floor, through the shifting city in the void, instinct before design. It seeks... something, a thing it cannot know, wildness. "Perfect." it remembers the word. The only word.

Falling. Through nothingness. Bound.

Fire. Then cold. Life, around.

It must move. Must grow. Perfect. The word in its soul. It pulls in all around it. Flesh and plant and bone and sinew and leaves and vines and earth.

Destruction. Silence.

Pernieth awakens. Already the experiences fade like water through sand, dripping away to be replaced. He stretches and stands, divine sap pulsing through veins and arteries that know only the simulacrum of flesh, but are comprised of plants. He surveys the world around him, now a blasted wasteland. But beyond the crater of his creation, trees, plants, life. Pernieth stands above them all, the tallest tree reaching only his waist.

Instinct pulses within him. A desire to grow, to stretch, to expand. This land was too small. So he would create more. The thought that he could not, should not, never occurs. His instinct mandates it, and so it becomes.

A vast tree springs from the ocean, growing what would have taken millennium in seconds. Its roots reach deep, down to the primordial ooze beneath the ocean, its trunk spanning the width of an island. [The Tree is roughly the size of Australia, all included]. Its bark and flesh regrew when pierced, ever continuing its growth and life. The branches of this monstrosity wove together many times over, creating platforms upon which creatures could live, soil could deposit, rain could fall. So massive was the Tree in scope that it became land in its own right. All land ends, and most end in the sea. The Tree's edge ended in vines, twirling down into the black abyss of the ocean far below. Upon the boughs of the tree, smaller cousins grew, some bearing fruit and others merely existing. This was the First Tree, the seed from which all growing things in the world would come. So the animals of the world crawled from the Font of Life, and the plants of the world were born of the seeds of the First.

Pernieth wanders to the very heart of the tree, the center from which all branches spring forth, and he sits. The First Tree grows around him, its lands diverse, and most importantly, untainted by mortal artifice. Perfect. He remembered the word. And from that word, a blossom, unfolding like the twin suns over each new season. White as the scales of Bahamut himself. And within this Lotus, a small amount of Pernieth's own power flowed, the desire to spread this perfect world across all of creation. And it Pulsed, and across the oceans, the land of Demiourgia saw and explosion of growth, trees and plants and vines, things good to eat, and some that were not. Even the great nests of the dragons saw nature arise around them, heedless of the creatures near it. For though the First Tree was great, none of these thought as Pernieth did, lived as he did. Their lives were measured in millennium, and they moved slowly as a course.

Pernieth sighs happily as even in the dead of Winter, underneath the baleful glare of Phos, the First Tree remains temperate, its beating heart maintaining life. Plant life, that was, for now. "Perfect." he speaks, though more to himself, than to any other.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show

15-2=13 Create Land: The First Tree - a massive tree, roughly the size of Australia, in the ocean off the coast of Demiourgia. Close enough to be seen, but not easily swam to. Its trunk extends to the bottom of the ocean, where its roots dig deep into the earth. Its boughs lie far above the surface of the oceans, though hanging from many of them are vines, capable of being scaled to reach the Landmass of the Tree. The seeds of the First inevitably touch all land-masses capable of sustaining life in the world [see Artifact], and given time and lack of interference, seed the new land with plants suitable to its environment.
    13-3=10 Create Artifact: Pulse of the Forest (Utility - Nourishment) - A single Lotus Blossom, resting in a pond. The blossom remains untouched by all around it, and ANY (yes any) who visit the Lotus can use it to bestow the blessing of Pernieth upon their lands and people. {I realize this is unorthodox, but I want Pernieth to grow, and the first step is realizing that not all the gods or people will respect that the Lotus is his}
    10-0=10 Utility Artifact: Nourish - The Tree spreads its seeds across the land of Demiourgia, giving rise to trees capable of surviving great climate changes.
    10-1=9 Nourish - The First Tree - The tree provides shade during the summer and its pulsing, living flesh provides a modicum of warmth during the winter. Climate change does not stike the lands upon the boughs of the First Tree as harshly as any others.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-01-30 at 05:12 PM.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Matron Mother Nosh, The First Tree

The sound of exposed flesh and muscle tissue could be heard as the Matron approached the new creation. 'Perfect', yes. That is what she would seek. She approached this newly formed divine her massive headgear whistling in the temperate breeze. Ash falling from the Apex of the World mixed with snow from the Great Sun Phos made her exposed red muscle tissue contrast nicely against the backdrop in the distance.

"What is this mightiest of creatures that has been created?"

The Matron placed a blood soaked hand on the tree leaving behind a trail.

"What is your name?"

Her soft voice like a whisper around her echoed off her headgear a crown of her station and creation. When the tree failed to answer she turned to Pernieth tilting her head.

"Did you create this mighty creature? Do you know it's name."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Mezzethera, The World.

It is true - where the changes occurring in the world were like lightning streaks across the void in the eyes of the gods, for mortals it was a slow plodding sort of progress.

And where those three demons who tore themselves free and naked a plunged themselves in the cruel currents of their mother, it took a lifetime to travel the ocean before they returned to where they were birthed. But the journey changed them. No longer where they mud and dirt and bits of dream. No, they had supped long and hard on dreams. They had developed tastes.

The first demon was hunched and barbed, covered in chromelike metals. His ribs and spinal pillar flex and pulse disturbingly. He had four arms, double jointed each, which stretched from his shoulder even beyond his tail. His head was crowned with antlers. His face was a black mask with two white sightless eyes.

The second demon appeared as a feminine humanoid torso emerging from a huge-mouthed, many-jointed predator - a being made of teeth and long feet. Her features spoke of spiderlike grace, the predator from which she emerged from gaped hungry. Her body looked soft and black, and her head was crowned with white feathers which encircled a black mask with two white sightless eyes.

The third demon was bestial and hideously anatomical in appearance, he had no legs but a strong tail meant for swimming in the Sleepless ocean - he had six great arms, each powerfully built. His head was crowned with nothing - he was uncrowned but for the fur that covered him entirely - but his face was also a black mask with two white sightless eyes.

They conversed with their minds - their unspoken words vibrating the waters - and in their heads they heard each other like soft, grinding whispers.

Home says the first.

Home answers the second.

The third looks down at the grasping hands of the demons not yet fully formed. A few had managed to create torso or more limbs, but none had yet emerged as fully as they have.

Pathetic, he states.

The female demon calmly, in that soft granting mental speech replies while her predator body smiles in hunger Yes, but we may help them.

Agreed, we may own them.

The third demon sniffed and grunted and swam to the mud and plunged his six great arms in and pulled out clumps of malformed demons, dirt and dream. I shall take my due and form them to my liking

The first demon followed suit with his elongated limbs, while the second used her lower mouth to do the same. The first spoke, vibrating the water. What will you do with your spawn, brother, sister?

Mine? Mine, shall rule. I shall rule. You know it too Brother, while we shared a lifetime together, you know that our future holds only conflict.

Of course, but civility is important. There must be rules in this war between us.

Not war, merely dreams, brother and sister.

Merely dreams.

Merely dreams.

And thus the first three demons swam against the current for the first time carrying what would be their spawn to what would be their territories under the surface of the sleepless ocean.

There in their own corners, under their own seas, with their own people they would establish their courts.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 11

Create Organization 2 - Demonic Courts. There are three demonic courts - more will be said about them as time goes by.

AP 9
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-01-30 at 05:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth, Matron Mother Nosh - The First Tree

Pernieth awakens, a creature before him. He does not stand, for to do so would see him tower above this strange being. Rather, he kneels, placing what would be his face very near to the Matron Mother. Every movement sounds of trees groaning in a gale, of branches and twigs bending and snapping, though no damage or harm comes to Pernieth, despite the sound. "Create..." Pernieth thinks for a while in silence. He did not so much create the First Tree as he had a need, and the Tree became to fill it. In a way, Pernieth reasoned, he had created it. "Yes." He gestures around him, an arm/trunk sweeping across the expanse of the air. "First" he says, as way of a name.

The arm returns, and extends, a single tendril reaching to tap the newcomer on the forehead. "Name?" Pernieth says, his voice a low rumble.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Pernieth, Matron Mother Nosh - The First Tree

Pushed back from the tendril Matron Nosh gracefully corrects herself,

"I am the Matron Mother Nosh envoy of the Visionary. I have been sent to find the greatest creation that does not stink of Elemental taint. My master has use for them. I have found your first to be the strongest and most powerful of all the creatures in the Playground."

Again Nosh touches the tree silently posed against it. She turns her head again to the massive creature before her.

"The Visionary wishes to make a great Engine to protect his vision and shape the future without the taint of the elemental. A First Engine if you will."