New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

Ikino, The World

Of all the eggs created by the Cosmic Mother, and cared for by Bahamut, one stood out even in that great brood. It was larger by far than the others, and it was heavier, both weighing more and holding a greater presence than the rest. It was colored in a chromatic swirl - fiery red, shining gold, and royal purple. The divine spark was already within this egg, yearning to be set free.

This egg was laid in the open plains to accept the warmth of its mother's suns, but the violence of this new world soon buried the egg deep within The World's skin. It descended deeper and deeper, into the boiling blood of the The World, the flows of magma that circulated under the ground. In this crucible, the divine spark within the egg grew. It became stronger, pushing against the shell that imprisoned it. The spark grew and grew, until it could not remain as one. The singular essence of divinity became two, twin gods sleeping within the egg.

After a time, the currents of magma pushed this egg towards the surface. The divinities within the egg sensed their return to the surface, and struggled ever-harder to free themselves. They remain trapped within the egg though, and the egg itself trapped against a solid layer of rock. These divinities were not the type to accept such defeat though. They were the unstoppable, the unquenchable, and the unbreakable. They would not let such feeble obstacles stand between themselves and their birth.

Cracks begin to appear in the ground, a red-orange glow spilling forth. The egg pushes upwards, cracking the rocks and forcing the earth out of its way. With monumental effort by the gods within, the egg finally breaks. A gout of fire erupts from the cracked shell, forming itself into a draconic claw and tearing at the shell. A second claw emerges, and the new-born god grips the side of its former prison, pulling itself forth with a roar.

"I AM BORN!"

It steps on the solid ground, the land melting beneath it. "Brother, come forth! I am Ikino, and I call to you!"

To defend himself and his brother in this harsh world, Ikino will need a weapon. He reaches a fiery hand into the lava at its feet, and pulls forth a massive tetsubo, made of red-hot metal. It is the Tetsubo of the World's Heart, made of earth shaped by fire.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show
    15-3 = 12, Create Battle Artifact: Tetsubo of the World's Heart A massive metal tetsubo, permanently heated to just short of molten, yet hard as only a divinity could make it.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth, Matron Mother Nosh - The First Tree

"Engine." Pernieth rumbles. The word itself feels tainted, tastes of oil and metal and stone and fire and ashes. But it is not in his nature to judge in haste. "Life?" he asks, and turns his palm upward. A small vine grows upwards from his palm, twirling.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Israken & Ikino, The World

The other brother rises. Shaking egg parts of his scales, he walks on his two back claws. Where other dragons would have another pair, he had his wings. Born a dragon, but not quite a dragon, Israken roars and howls for the first seconds of his life

Soon, he finds in him the power to speak

"I AM ISRAKEN! in asnwer, he bellows for all nearby to hear. He'd not do things half-heartedly. He had been born, despite the rock and the fire that tried to stop him.

Israken sees that his brother has created a weapon to fight. But he does not believe this is the way. Rather, he chooses to issue a challenge

The wyvern takes flight, might wings beating, as it circles the place of their birth. There. he raises several mountains. 3 stand the tallest, at same heights. He takes a place in one of the highest ones, flat ground bathed by one of the suns. It seems made for him.

"I CLAIM THESE AS MY TERRITORY. THESE ARE MY CHALLENGE MOUNTAINS. HERE I MAKE MY STATEMENT! LET THIS BE MY CLAIM!. HERE, WHERE THE FIRE BURNS ROCK, I CLAIM FOR THE DRAGONS"

Israken pushes claws and teeth. He would fight for his mountains

Spoiler: AP Action
    Show
    Mold Land: The Challenge Mountains: The Challenge Mountains are a chain of mountains far from where Bahamut took the eggs, but are the first land made for dragons to live. Three mountains stand highest, made for Israken, Ikino and Bahamut themselves.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Pernieth, Matron Mother Nosh - The First Tree

Mother Nosh does not flinch at the question and takes the vine, "Thank you. The Visionary will soon create the First Engine, your name will always be associated with the protection of a great future. When all this." she gestures to the nature around here, "is improved upon, and the future has arrived. You are truly an ally of our cause."

Matron Mother Nosh then vanishes to return to the Visionary with her discovery.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Ikino and Israken, The Challenge Mountains

Ikino roars his approval at his brother, the mountains, and the world. He takes on a draconic form, a behemoth of fire and stoney scales. With a beat of his mighty wings, he flies to the top of one of the three dominating peaks of the mountains.

"Yes, my brother Israken, the rocks will burn! These lands will be ours, and they will be the lands of the strong!"

The magma beneath Demiourgia surges towards the Challenge Mountains. It carves the rock beneath the mountains, and forces its way to the top of a few of the peaks. A crater opens beneath Ikino's feet, lava and ash spewing forth. Off the coast, volcanic islands begin to form.

Not all is destruction though. The ash gives nourishment to land, while under the earth great deposits of minerals are formed.

Show
    12-1 = 11: Mold Land - The Challenge Mountains are now volcanically active. This, of course, has both benefits and drawbacks.

11-1 = 10: Nourishment - The Challenge Mountains (and the lowlands near them) are now extremely fertile and mineral-rich.

Discord Tag #4097

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Bahamut, Demiourgia

Throughout the years, the King of Dragons had often wondered if the colossal task given to him was too much burden to bear. Often he would hope that his mother would provide him assistance. However a rare event caught Bahamut's attention. Taking flight with several Dragon whelps, he flies towards the source of this disturbance. It is there that he sees the emergence of the one called Ikino, followed by the one called Israken.

However, not even Bahamut or any of the Dragons can truly understand the mysterious ways of the Cosmic Mother. For the egg which bore these new entities was not blessed once... nor twice... but thrice, as within the same egg came a third Dragon.

For those who do not know the way of the Dragonkin, there would be no way to instantly know that this Dragon was female. However what truly set this one apart from all the Dragons, and indeed from all of the Cosmic Mother's children, was the fact that her scales seemed multi-colored... that and her heads.

One Black
    One Red
    One Green
    One White
    One Blue

The First Daughter of the Cosmic Mother, she was the Dragon Queen. Thus did Tiamat take to the skies, not roaring like her hot-headed brothers, but instead watching with great interest.

Spoiler
    Show

AP1= 4-3: Create Avatar: Tiamat

Spoiler
    Show

"It would seem Brothers we have a guest." says Tiamat to Ikino and Israken. Bahamut eyes his sister before landing.

"I am Bahamut. First Born and King of the Dragons. And this land was created by our Mother and has already been given freely to all Dragonkin. There is no need to fight." he says to Israken the two brothers.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth, Not Mother Nosh - The First Tree
    "I am the First Tree" said the First Tree, but there was no one there to speak to.
    Spoiler: The Tree
    Show
    The First Tree can speak to those that listen, but it takes so long to form a response that it makes Pernieth's speak seem like constant babbling. By the time The First Tree responded, Mother Nosh was gone. It would take a single mortal half a lifetime to receive an answer to one question.

Pernieth - The First Tree

Improved upon? Pernieth slowly shakes his head after the strange fleshy creature departs. No improvement was needed. Pernieth was unconcerned, however. This was his domain, his world. None would be allowed to harm it.

Across the ocean, on Demiourgia, many of the seeds of the First Tree burned. But a few, resistant to heat, took root in the ash of their brothers. These trees would grow strong, with seeds that only cracked in great heat, requiring fire to spread and continue germinating.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

It could hear their calling deep within the belly of Zalsaram. It could hear the pain and anguish of suffering. It could hear their need to be released from it, thus it came forth. It spawned into the darkness, shadow taken form. It was amorphous, having no true form. It brushed against the belly of the beast, leaving a trail of decay. It traveled forth. It found a creature, suffering from hunger in the long winter. It stroked its gently, and as it did the cry for help ended. It was released from its mortal coil, and thus death was born. Kyre, death itself, walked amongst the creatures releasing them from their mortal lives. It did not take those full of life, wanting to live on. It took only those that hungered for mercy. The shadow found all even in the brightest of life, if there was need for death the shadow would come. Kyre would release the creatures from life.

Kyre watched as the beasts of this place went about their lives. It saw the spawning of dragons. It watched them, taking their form. It approached the ones called Bahamut and Tiamat. It saw the others there, beings like it yet...different.

Spoiler
    Show

15 AP
    15-1AP Create Concept: Death
    14 AP remaining
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-01-30 at 07:57 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Bahamut, Tiamat, Ikino, Israken & Kyre, the Challenge Mountains

Tiamat is the first who notices Kyre, her Black Head turns towards the god of Death while her other heads focus on her siblings. "This one smells... different. You are not one of us. A... foreigner... who are you?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Ikino, Israken, Tiamat, and Bahamut
    The Challenge Mountains

Ikino watches with wonder as his sister is born. With her five heads and cooler temperament, surely she would be a magnificent addition to their kind.

As Bahamut lands, Ikino puffs himself up, and huffs a blast of hot air and smoke. "You have heard my brother's words, First Born. These are the lands of dragons and our kin. We will not fight those with right to settle upon these peaks."

As he speaks, Ikino's scales grow stonier, and he takes on a greater solidity. He feels the ground beneath his feet in a new way, and loves it even more. The mountains themselves respond to his presence, growing steeper and more jagged.

When Kyre approaches, fire curls from the side of Ikino's mouth, and the lava he sits in roils. The skies darken as clouds of ash form over volcanos.

Show
    10-3 = 7 Gain Domain: Earth - Ikino is now master of the rocks and stone. He bleeds magma, and lives within a volcano. The fire of the earth is his to command.
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2015-01-30 at 08:37 PM.

Discord Tag #4097

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Ikino, Israken, Tiamat, Bahamut, Kyre, and Taramonde
    The Challenge Mountains

The Dragon of Fire and Earth regards the golden hind with a curious eye. It had the form of a prey animal, fit only to be dominated and eaten, but it spoke to the assemblage without fear. "I find this to be a fine offering. I am Ikino, and you may tell your master that any who follow me will endeavor to take only what they need from his creations. My siblings may have different words, but this is my oath."

Discord Tag #4097

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Mezzethera, Mare Tumultuosum

The first demon, the one with disjointed limbs and a hunched back, swam to the the portion of Mezzethera that would come to be known as Mare Tumultuosum, the sea of nightmares. The demon would come to be known as Jinagias, The Black Praetor. But not now - now he molds the mud on the ocean floor and crafts it with passing dreams.

He raises a Citadel, the Sleepless Citadel, a stout structure at the very bottom of the ocean with no statutes. This was were Mezzethera would be worshiped. Jinagias made his demons into creatures of many jointed limbs, varied in form but all the same in that they all had four arms and black masks with sightless eyes. The citadel was huge, and somehow it prevented the dream waters from seeping in. The halls were grand, but at the same time claustrophobic - as if built to remind one that the ocean could take it away at any moment whenever it so desired.

Mezzethera, Mare Extasim

The second demon, the female torso attached to a predator's mouth, swam to the the portion of Mezzethera that would come to be known as Mare Extasim, the sea of ecstasy. The demon would come to be known as Simdred, The Smiling Praetor. But not now - now she molds the mud on the ocean floor and crafts it with passing dreams.

She crafts a gigantic beast - more of a construct than a living thing. A long vast eel made of silt and fantasy. Sinuous and ugly. This would be her and her people's abode - the Halls of the Ornate Beast. Inside one would see rooms made of marble and crystal. Nobel gardens of red flowers, and silver rivers. The palaces inside were roamed by the Smiling Praetor's people, who were formed like her - humanoid female torsos on top of terrifying amalgamations of predators. Instead of faces they had black masks with sightless eyes. They were in direct contrast to the beauty around them.

Their spider legs clicked against the marble - the teeth of their lower mouth dripped acid on top of yellow flowers.

Mezzethera, Mare Prodigia

The third demon, uncrowned with a serpents tail, swam to the the portion of Mezzethera that would come to be known as Mare Prodigia, the sea of portents. The demon would come to be known as Xelnirov, The Blood Praetor . But not now - now he molds the mud on the ocean floor and crafts it with passing dreams.

He creates a massive fortress - all black rock with no right angels. The rocks are haphazardly stacked together, creating the effect that it is really just a jumble of teeth. There is no door. The fortress is stacked high - reaching from the bottom of the sleepless ocean to almost the top. If one looked at the ocean from above, the normally uniform rainbow oil of the surface appeared to darken. The very top of the fortress was merely a couple of inches from the top, it's shadow clouding the surface but not breaking it.

This was the Omen Tower.

Inside were cavernous halls filed with his demonic clan. The tower was completely flooded - in reality it only served to separate outside from inside - a few floors - but one could swim from the top to the bottom. If one did not swim, one would drown. His demons were formed like him - humanoid torsos attached to serpents tails. Instead of faces they had black masks with sightless eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 9

Mold Land 1 - Create the abodes for my Demonic Praetors.

AP 8
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-01-31 at 11:20 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Bahamut, Tiamat, Ikino, Israken, Kyre, and Taramonde, Challenge Mountains

Quote Originally Posted by bryn0528 View Post

No mortal creature could survive such a journey, but she was obviously no such creature to stand before Bahamut, Ikino, Tiamat, Israken, and any other dragon which claimed ascent to the peak. The branches of her horns bore every manner of flower and blossom, and her breast bore a gaping wound to the pounding heart beneath. Every few moments the wound would spill more ichor, but the deer did not seem to mind. "To the lords of the skies," the hinde addressed to the dragons, with a delicate bow of her head. "I am named Taramonde and I come from my lord who created those that walk the earth. He is the Shepherd, and he invites that all dragons may freely hunt the lands where his flock do wander. The creatures of the plains and forests below your aeries are simple, wild creatures, whose flesh is fit to feed the flesh. My lord offers this gift in goodwill, to all dragons, that they only hunt without waste, and allow the animals of the world the proper leave to remake their numbers. My lord resides in the center of a lake named the Font, where you may find his castle. He warmly extends his welcome to those that wish to share words with him, should they be so inclined."
    Tiamat's red head turns towards Taramonde "You do not smell like one of us either... and yet your Master has claimed a part of Demiourgia as his own. Pray tell... was our permission requested? After all, just as my dear brothers declared, these lands belong to us."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground

The challenge mountains
    Kyre approaches Tiamat. "It is not who, but what I am that should concern you." It walks towards the beast, taking the form of a dragon made of shadow. The shadow moved closer to Tiamat and as it did so, the pain of death radiated from it. Its touch caused death when it wished. Its touch could also kill slowly, instead inflicting disease. "They call me Kyre. But I am death given form. I am the shadows." With that it returned to being a formless shadow, ever changing to reflect the beings that observed it. It felt the tremors of the earth and gave a cold smile. "I came seeking others, but it seems I've found a claimed enclave. I mean not to intrude." Kyre began to shake and shudder. The shadows began to expand, the world growing ever darker. Death seemed to surround all, yet its pestilence was benign. Instead it was just the darkness that surrounded the mountains. The darkness spread, coating the world. And such came the first night.

Spoiler
    Show

14 AP
    14-1 Pestilence: The Long Night
    13 AP remaining
    Spoiler
    Show

The Long Night
    The long night is not good nor evil. It is both a blessing and a curse, depending on who you are. The mother blinks, but when her eyes open the darkness persists. The shadow consumes the world, coating it in a last darkness. The mother continues to blink. The darkness continues to stay. Then as the mother blinks the darkness leaves. When her eyes open again, the light returns.

Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-02-01 at 01:43 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth - The First Tree

Pernieth wanders for a time along the bows of the first tree. His gait is slow, but methodical rather than plodding. As he walks, he feels the living pulse of the tree beneath him, its heart, the White Lotus. And he feels some of that power infusing his limbs. No longer does he creak and groan as he moves, but rather smoothly walks, strong vines taking the place of empty air in arms and legs, contracting and releasing in concert. Slick sap lubricates oaken joints that move silently. Pernieth can feel the void calling. He needs only but take a step, and it will pull him away. Yet he resists, for this world still calls to him as strong, and his roots here are deep.

To the East, on another island, creatures bicker and fight over the land that is theirs. The trees hear, and Pernieth perceives, though by the time he hears of it, their argument is long finished. After all, the thoughts and perceptions of trees are slow things. Pernieth shakes his head sadly at the flawed thinking of these creatures. To think they could possess the land itself.

Spoiler: AP
    Show

6=9-3: Gain Domain Life (Nature)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Ikino, Israken, Tiamat, Bahamut, Kyre, and Taramonde
    The Challenge Mountains

As night quickly fell, Ikino felt himself grow restless. His fire only penetrated so far into the gloom. Though his divine eyes could see through the blackness, he felt the dark as an affront to his very nature, an attack upon his essence. "You say you do not mean to intrude, Kyre of Death and Shadows, yet I feel your touch everywhere. The creatures of the Shepherd go into my ground at your hand, and you have cast this world into darkness by shutting my mother's eye. Tell me, are the only thing to be found in your shadows lies and death?"

Discord Tag #4097

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

The World

Something tugged at the bloodstream of the World, pulling off one of its heartstrings, something tiny and lacking in worth in the eyes of the world.

Still these eyes stirred, casting their awful light into the heavens before shutting closed once more from the Cosmic Mother's own glare. And the world shifted in discomfort.

A great abyss opened at the edge of Demiourgia, where it met the sea Mezzethera, calling the chromatic water back into the depths of its parent into a great waterfall.

And from that open pore came into the surface the eldest children of Zalsaram, through not the greatest by any means. Spirits that haunted the elements came forth, clad in stone, clad in fire, clad in muck and oil, clad in stale airs and cutting winds, clad in rust and clad in brass.

Just a small quake.

Spoiler
    Show
    9 AP

1 AP: Shape Land - The Great Descent: Is an Abyss at the southernmost edge of Demiourgia, with one end of it next to the sea. It goes all the way down to The Belly of the Beast, and elementals often crawl out of it to wander the surface of the world.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bryn0528 View Post
    Taramonde, The Challenge Mountains

The creature respected the words of Ikino, wise in their own counsel. Even as her divine superior, he showed her the proper respect that the gifts of a god deserved. Tiamat, unfortunately, forgot her place as Taramonde's equal, not her better. "A word of caution," said the golden deer, as the wound on her chest split wider. "As all land belongs only to the grandfather, Zalsaram." Her skull burst from the wound, and the bleached skeleton stepped from her hide, which fell limp to the ground. "If you do not wish for the gifts of the Shepherd, then revoke them and he shall forsake this land of his dominion." The skeleton crumbled and fell on the rocky ground, and from between its ribs grew small flowers. The disembodied voice of Taramonde continued to speak, though it sounded far away. "Let it be known now, if dragons wish to feast on the earth, or the unquarry of trees, or debase themselves further with the shame of cannibalism. For he has claim over the dominion of all beasts which walk upon the land, and without him they will fade from your continent like leaves in the wind."
    Indeed Tiamat's cruel laughter laughter is clear evidence that she considers herself Taramonde's better. However before she can retort a voice is heard

"Enough Sister."
    Says Bahamut sternly as he lands next to Tiamat. "Today should be a day of rejoicing for the birth of my siblings. I shall not have this day tarnished with unnecessary bloodshed."

Both Bahamut and Tiamat lock themselves in an icy glare for several moments, before Tiamat finally backs off hissing at her brother "Fine. But when this one and its brood comes encroaching further on our lands, do not say that I did not warn you." The Dragon Queen turns her attention to Kyre.

Bahamut meanwhile turns his own attention to Taramonde "That name you speak of should not be uttered lightly, as you can see..." he says turning his attention to the Great Descent "You do not want to attract the attention of forces whose true powers you cannot understand."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth, Zalsaram - The First Tree, The World

Alarm. That was what Pernieth felt from the First Tree. Rending claws, opening up what should be sealed away. The First Tree can feel it, for her root grow deep and great into the flesh of the world. A name springs into Pernieth's mind, a curse and a necessity, a name given by the First Tree. "Zalsaram". Pernieth can feel the name. It feels familiar, and yet cold, and most of all... angry.

Pernieth wanders down the trunk of the tree, secret byways known only to those who can speak to the First. Deep in the trunk he can feel the pressure of the seas around, but their influence cannot touch here, for the bark of the First is god-touched. Down one of the massive roots, until he reaches the end, and find the flesh of the earth.

A tendril, into the soil/flesh, a message that Zalsaram cannot ignore. An intrusion, but not an attack.

"Speak." Pernieth says to the vast world.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-01-31 at 04:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

A gnat prods its host seeking its blood and hoping to go unnoticed, so to should be with plants and worlds.

But clearly, that is a guideline and not a rule.

A call is sent and echoes through the caverns, and the eyes of The World flash open suddenly, irradiating a green luminescence into the sky so as to veil the aggravation of the suns.

It is a spectacle almost as grandiose as its dreadful for what it announces.

The World Awakes. Its voice echoes from a great distance, unthinkably loud and audible to all upon it.

"Hrrrmmm..."

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP - Mold Land: Zalsaram's Aurora.
    These auroras only appear when the eyes of the world are open, eclipsing the suns. When they do happen, they are ubiquitous.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth, Zalsaram - The Roots of the First Tree

If Pernieth is intimidated by the rumble, he does not show it. He merely waits. He has questions, questions that need answers, and with the patience of an oak tree sprouting from an acorn, he can wait.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

Goblin

Neiag, The Challenge Mountains

"Pardon my intrusion in this fascinating conversation." A calm, almost detached voice spoke to the gods. Upon turning their heads in it's direction they could see a mysterious being walking from the place where Ikino, Israken and Tiamat were born. In laer times he would be deciphed as humanoid in dark armor, carrying many scrolls on his belt, with a staff and an orb in his hands and an ornament looking like spider's legs tangled in web on his back. But of course then he looked much different, for no one had yet invented scrolls, neither did they invented armor. And the symbol of spider legs was no symbol at all - they were actively moving, althrough slower with every passing moment. He had a staff and an orb, but not in forms they were to be described in the future. He was like a rough, first draft of being he was destined to become. However, he already spoke to gods without fear. Your debates are undeniably passionate and highly educational. However, if you would be so kind and answer this, purerly accademical question, that is haunting me and satisfy my burning curiosity, it would be a great act of kidness. He spoke, then paused a bit, as if awaitingsilence to welcome his futher words, and then continued, first turning to Taramonde. "If we would assume a creature of those that your master claims dominion over, lets say something small and insignificant, like, lets say, a spider, would withness birth of the gods, specifinly the two majestic brothers and their beautiful, but no less majestic sister, and imbudied with part of thier released essence, in and became something else... what would be that creature? Would the family of the Bahamut accept it as one of theirs? Or would it be child of the Shepherd? Or maybe, could be both?" Being asks, his eyes turning as he speaks to gods whose names he mentions and in the end his sight lies on Kyre, whom he studies for a moment with growing curiosity.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2015-01-31 at 05:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth, Zalsaram - The Roots of the First Tree

"Life" Pernieth says. It is a question, though if there was another creature observing the exchange they would swear it was a statement. A single tendril grows from Penieth's palm, and he set it in the earth in front of him. As with all plants, it sets roots, seeking nutrients.

The question is obvious. Will this world support life, or fight against it?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Israken, Ikino, Tiamat, Bahamut, Kyre, Neiag and Taramonde
    The Challenge Mountains

Another being appearead...

"Ah. Another. Tell me this. If you come from our essence, than surely, you carry in you an unquenchable thirst, a need to seek something. For as long as you have that thirst, I will call you brother. If yet you feel out of place, I will extend our family myself!"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

The Blood Praetor, The Omen Tower

Dreams of birds floated through the tower - the currents bearing their flights of fancy (literally) into the cavernous vertical rooms of the fortress. The Demons within - humanoid torsos with serpent tails grew wings as a result - for demons are, in the end, just mud and dream stuff. They flew-swam up and down the tower - gathering dreams that fit the needs of the Blood Praetor, although Xelnirov, was not known as such quite yet. The entire tower worked as sort of a filtering station, dreamers entered and only some dreamers left. The Demons within were like cultivators - harvesting dreams like a gardener chooses which grains of wheat to reap and which to grow.

The Blood Praetor did not grow wings, and instead swam with his beastly tail and the use of his six enormous arms. His stroke created a current by itself, pulling in lesser demons and dreamers like a gale pulls on motes of dust. He swam all the way to the top of the tower, until he was alone with five other demons. These were the most formed of the ones in the tower apart from himself. They each had their distinguishing marks, but for the most part they had draconic torsos, scaled and strong, attached to what appeared to be serpent tails made from the tails of various mammalia that lived under the winter sun. They each had wings of black feathers - useless feathers floating aimlessly in the water - more of a hindrance in the ocean than helpful and too sodden for flight. They each had black masks with sightless eyes.

The Praetor spoke to them with his psionic voice - a harsh grating whisper that would have driven any other species insane just from hearing in talk.

Peers. The Initiates have begun the harvest. Soon we shall sup on dreams of Blood! Soon . . . I shall expect each of you to emerge from our Mother Ocean to the world beyond. You shall make sure that our omens come to pass. That blood will flow and brother will turn on brother.

The Peers, the high cast of the Portent Demons, bow low - an awkward movement

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 9

Pestilence AP: Every species will dream of war and brother attacking brother. Birds will dream of ripping apart other birds, dragons eating other dragons. Of course these are just dreams. Any person and population can just ignore them and think of them as nightmares. I actually doubt this will inspire anyone to actual war.

AP 8

The Black Praetor, The Sleepless Citadel

Elsewhere the Jinagias, the Black Praetor, although he was not know as such yet, walked with his hunched back - his insides pulsing with no discernible rhythm or purpose. He had no heart after all. Behind him four Cardinals, the high cast of the Nightmare Demons, followed. Unlike their brothers the Portent Demons, the Nightmare Demons had legs and no wings. They were all hunched, with double jointed arms that if not bent would have reached all the way to the floor and maybe even trail after the body. The Sleepless Citadel was not flooded like the Omen Tower and each foot step sent echoes through the halls. Jinagias and his Cardinals, in fact all the Bishops and Priests, wore black robes that covered their entire body, along with hoods that only showed their black masks and sightless eyes.

They walked to the center of the Citadel, a room with an enormous clear dome that showed the glory of the sleepless ocean. Off course, this deep in the ocean all it showed was water as dark as void. The Praetor and his Cardinals walked into the center of the room - where an altar should have been and made a circle. The Praetor then led the Cardinals in prayer - in the language of demons, a grinding whisper made with their minds, a sound that would have made other animals tear their own eyes out.

Mother, if you were to give, a measure, a fruit
    of your gifts and destructions, into my hand,
    I would shatter and overthrow everything,
    breaking them down into your proper purity.

These vessels tremble at your salt and power,
    and nothing is lost from you, as it is,
    those empty heights, signs, scars,
    guarding the wounded air.

Your tendrils throbbing against the World,
    your menace thickening the smooth swell,
    with pulsations and swarming of dreams,
    in the space of your dark completeness.

Please Mother,
    Speak with us.

And with that the dome above cracks - allowing a single thread of water to pour down into the center of the circle. But instead of flooding the hall it collects and spools onto itself - until it formed a column of water meters high. Then the crack above seems to heel itself. The column of water thickens, and shrinks until it merely an concentrated ball of water as dark as the midnight depths of the ocean. A face forms. No not a face - a mask with sightless eyes. The water begins to un-spool so it resembles a mass of tendrils attached to the face mask. The tendrils reach out and grasp the Praetor and the Cardinals. The thing speaks in a voice that sounds like crushing depths and deep slumber.

Children.

Those assembled bow.

You wish for my power. For the power to dissolve the world above into dreams? Very well I shall grant it to you.

With that from her mouth emerges an orb which drops unceremoniously on the floor with a large clang. The orb looks like clouded amethyst.

With this you may command my waters higher - to spread and subsume. You may drown and wash away. You could force sleep and dreams upon the lands above. With this gift I shall leave you. I expect much in the coming days my Children.

And with that the creature lost form and splashed on the floor. The Cardinals stayed silent while the Praetor walked forward slowly and grabbed the Orb which would come to be known as The Jewel of Shores. His four hands clutched the jewel and then dragged it into his robes.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 8

Create Artifact 3 - The Jewel of Shores (mold land action). Creates tsunamis and other events to drag land beneath the waves.

AP 5
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-01-31 at 08:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

Goblin

Israken, Ikino, Tiamat, Bahamut, Kyre, Neiag
    The Challenge Mountains

"Thirst?" The person asks. "Maybe not literally thirst, but a desire... or an obsession. Yes, such feeling resides within me."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Taramonde, The First Tree - The Pulse of the Forest

Taramonde would have little trouble finding the Lotus. The First Tree was massive in size, but it had little reason to prevent this new creature from finding the Pulse. The First Tree did find it amusing that the hart thought it needed to speak to the Lotus, as if it could not perceive everything that happened on its body. Still, it supposed that some creatures needed a face, as it were, to speak to.

It would take time for Taramonde to receive a response, for the thoughts and words of the tree were still very slow in coming. Still, after a time of waiting, Taramonde would hear a voice, made from the rustling of leaves all around, the creaking of wood. "Your gift is appreciated. Your creatures may find homes within my children and upon my body, rest from their journey, and safety for their young." It was the greatest gift the First Tree could give.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Ikino, Israken, Tiamat, Bahamut, Kyre, and Neiag
    The Challenge Mountains

The Volcanic Lord regards the curious little creature. It had the same essence as Ikino and the others, but it had such a strange, small shape. Still, it was undoubtedly a divinity. "Hrrrm, family. . . yes, I like the sound of that. United, we are stronger. I have not seen what stirs in the darkness yet, but I have no doubt it is coming. We should stand against it."

A spire of obsidian juts from a cooling island in the volcano's crater. "This shall serve as a manifestation of our pledge. Will you join me?"

Show
    7-2 = 5 Create Pantheon - Unnamed, as of yet. IC, it needs no name for now as it is the only pantheon. OOC, I jsut couldn't think of a good name.

First Rule: A member of the pantheon must abide by the letter of its oaths.

This pantheon will only be created if two more gods join.

Discord Tag #4097

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Zalsaram

Pernieth's voice was a distant whisper and needed time to echo towards Zalsaram's ears.

The answer was very unlike that, however, and the voice of The World was a grave whisper for all on Its surface to hear.

"Life. Little maggot of My enemy. You asssk if I will support it?"

Zalsaram struggles against its bindings, the whole world trembles, but that is all.

"It ssseemsss I have little choice on the matter. Ssso yesss... I sssuppose I ssshall. Harboring creaturesss is one of My purposesss after all. I am The World."

There is the slightest sense of smug condescension in the last line, but not aimed at Pernieth, no. Zalsaram's eyes are focused elsewhere.

"But do not expect peace nor prosssperity nor any form of sssafety upon My ssshores and My hillsss. Asss long asss these chainsss confine Me."

Zalsaram trashes a bit more violently against his bindings. Enough that the tremors are widespread, enough that fear grips the beasts of the world.

"My torment will be ssshared with all upon Me."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth, Zalsaram - The Roots of the Tree

"Acceptable." Pernieth says, and turns away. The roots close behind him, and he makes his way back to the surface of the tree, answer gained. Life is meaningless without the difficulties. If all the seeds sprouted, soon the trees and plants become weak, and all die. Pernieth knows this. Each seed must fight for survival against others, against the world, to claim its rightful place. There would be no alliance here, could be none. But there was an understanding of sorts. An understanding that Pernieth could countenance. It was enough, for now. The god of all things green and growing returns to his home.

Pernieth, Taramonde - The Pulse of the Forest

As Pernieth emerges from the tree, he looks upon Taramonde, the hart. His face knots in agitation, any expression difficult to understand on a face made entirely of bark and vines, but if any word were to describe the expression, consternation would be accurate. "Flesh." he says as greeting to the hart. Buried in the word are many layers. A statement of being, but also condemnation, for Pernieth had not given this fleshling permission to walk upon this sacred place, and even now it shed blood upon the ground here. The other had done the same, but not so close to the Pulse. He watches the birds fly among the bows of the tree, landing upon the hart from time to time, some even touching on him before flying away. They were small, and creatures of nature. Excusable. This one was more. "Explain." he says. It is an order.