New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

Demiourgia

So the Boulderbuttz Rebellion was finally crushed as they broke themselves against the Genasi defenses. The Orcs knew not what surrender meant, and thus futilely they would keep throwing themselves again and again with the intent of taking as many with them as possible. Meanwhile neither the Grand Poo-Bah nor Yusri seem to be able to gain the upper hand. In the confusion of the battle, both combatants are separated, and while the Boulderbuttz are being slaughtered, Burkek is nowhere to be found.

Meanwhile, there are still skirmishes between the Dragons, as many Chromatic still refuse the Genasi's offers to heal them. But while perhaps the Metallic ones did manage to stop their evil kin, they was a feeling of deep unrest for they instinctively knew that events beyond their control were unfolding in the Void.

The Void

The battle between the two Dragons is fierce, yet the exact details of the fight varies between which type of Dragon one asks. The Metallic Dragons will claim that Bahamut did not seek to truly harm his sister, or that Tiamat must have used an underhanded method. The Chromatic Dragons on the other hand will boast that it was a test of power, in which Tiamat proved the superior.

Regardless of the details, one thing could not be denied, that Tiamat was standing over Bahamut triumphantly. Perhaps the Chromatic Dragons did lose their war, but that meant little to the Queen of Dragons as she had defeated the First Born.

"It is true Eldest Brother. Perhaps my kind did lose the battle... but in time their population will regrow but one thing will never change. I defeated you Bahamut. I won the war. And with you out of the way, then I shall guide all Dragons into a golden age were all mortals are subjugated under my iron rule. You were a worthy opponent Eldest Brother, but you were always a relic of the past that needs to be removed." gloats Tiamat as she prepares to deliver the final blow.

Bahamut looks content to have accepted his end with dignity as he shows his neck to Tiamat "Then make it quick. I will die today, but another will rise to take my place. Have no doubt about that."

"You shall die knowing that the next to fall this day after you will be your ally. Your death will end nothing. Farewell Bahamut."
    she says plainly.

It is at that moment of desperation that Bahamut uses his one card that remained, knowing well that he would have to bare the full consequences of his action in order to avoid any more bloodshed.

To Tiamat's horror, Bahamut merely mutters but a single word.

"Mother."

The Deep Void

Far within the deepest reaches of the Void, a primordial entity slumbers restlessly. Voices of children crying, the sound of children suffering and the sound of children dying were haunting her sleep. Then word. A simple word at that. Yet all it took was but a single second for that word to wash over it.

"Mother"

As that single muttered word passes by, the dreams turn into memories. Memories of ages past, of yet another who had said this word. Of the one who had been let down. All of a sudden a rare event occurs, as a new star, a red hypergiant star is born and begins moving. Yet even rarer was the fact that at the very same time, another red hypergiant star was not only born, but was also moving in alignment to the other star, until both blaze with light as the Primordial god of Creation, blind no more finally awakens after eons of sleeping to deafening roar of anger which is heard throughout creation.

The Cosmic Mother was awake.

That day, the mortals of the Playground witness a scene not seen since the earliest days of existence, as the stars themselves begin to move. Within moments the Cosmic Mother moves at unimaginable speed towards her quarreling children.

"ENOUGH YOU FOOLS!"
    Roars the Cosmic Mother at Tiamat and Bahamut. When she speaks, she speaks through stars exploding and her voice is carried out throughout creation and is heard by all. Even as she speaks, the sound of the Cosmic Mother's voice is so powerful that the shock waves caused by the three words is enough to raise a new continent from the seas. Mortals must take cover for they cannot bear to listen to the Cosmic Mother speaking, while if they look into the sky, they can see her eyes peering down at the Playground as with Oussia in the sky, it seems as if there are now three suns above the Playground filling it with blinding light.

Spoiler
    Show

AP:2=4-2: Create New Land. A continent... lets say a just a bit north of the Burning Lands. I figure the world needs to be filled a bit more. I'll name the place later.
    AP1=2-1: Pestilence: on all creation. The Cosmic Mother's voice is terrible to hear, all non-deific creatures cannot stand to listen to it as it shakes everything to the very core of their being. This will continue as long as she speaks.
    AP0= 1-1: Pestilence on all the Playground: The Cosmic Mother's Glare washes the entire Playground with intense light. This will continue until she either closes her eyes or leaves.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-03-26 at 10:10 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

2. - Top - End - #662
    Halfling in the Playground

Yggdrasil, The Void

The thundering echo of her voice was apparent to all. Being a deity she was immune to the effects, but Yggdrasil knew who it was. The mother of all had been awoken. Yggdrasil had taken great pains to not wake her upon coming into existence. But others were not so wise. And so to save her creations the goddess acted. She blessed all those that worshiped her with protection from the cosmic mother and her fury. She would not help her kin though, she knew not which had been foolish enough to anger mother. And so the life on the underground continued to flourish in these harsh times.

Spoiler
    Show

2 AP
    -1 Teach Populace: Worship of the Mundane
    -1 Nourishment: Mother's protection
    0 AP
    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show

All mundane life (including plants) now worships whoever created it. They are able to understand Deities enough to know they exist and are responsible for what happens. They do not pray but they hold devout beliefs in up to 2 deities.

All those that worship Yggdrasil are protected from the gaze and voice of the Cosmic Mother. They are aware of the speaking and harsh gaze, but they suffer no ill effects from them.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ettin in the Playground

Harcob and the Aerialist
    Before any Aram can answer if the newest friend can meet their master a meteor streaks toward the ground. It pierces the earth near the little experiment and from it emerges a colossal dragon who's skin is made of fire. With a bellowing laughter that sounded like the bonfire still burning the dragon boomed "Grenzo is trapped in the void above. He has risen beyond His previous confines of Dur'Kala to watch over us all with His loving gaze. I am Atarka, that which has earned His eternal love, and His avatar on this Playground." Before she can continue the Cosmic Mother speaks and the Aram begin to panic before the snap of a knot being hit brings them back to attention.

With Atarka's help the work on the Mecha is quickly brought down below, into the warrens. Here they are able to continue for the time being, Harcob's help quickly becoming apparent as a series of gears is created to help move the arm this way and that in a purely mundane manner. Atarka, though, is more interested in the newest humanoid and gazes deeper at the man. Finally with a laugh she said, her voice soothing like a well constructed bonfire smoldering it it's pit, "You... You're a deity aren't you? You must have been one of those comets that We gazed crashing into the Playground."

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Harcob and the Aerialist

"Yes, I mean probably. I think I am. I recall crashing down and getting up, but I don't recall anyone else. It was probably a traumatic experience, so I suppose one wouldn't notice others if they were there or not." Says Harcob looking at the avatar, "I have great power of creation. Even my clothes don't feel like there questions. I don't mean touch but. Do you know what that great voice was?"

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ettin in the Playground

Cosmic Force

Pernieth does not suffer at the voice. Curiosity suffuses him, but he holds back. He had thought to intervene between the dragons, to prevent Bahamut's death, but now there was no need. Still he can see his children suffering. The petty nature god on the other side of the world gave protection to her followers but left the rest to suffer.

Pernieth would do no such thing.

His solution came with the new suns. As ever, more light meant more power for the forests. And that excess power could be put to use, for now there was a surplus. With a thought, Pernieth changes the structure of the Trees and Ents and Dryads. The structure of the cells they use to store energy from light becomes fractal, allowing for an almost infinite amount of energy to be stored and retrieved with none of the negative side effects that happened during the long summer, with trees glowing from overloaded cells.

In the forests across the land where Pernieth's children held sway, where the trees would whisper and move, where dryads moved freely through untainted forests, the power lessened. It would not be enough to protect against a direct assault by a deity, of course, but against casual destruction, it would more than suffice. The primal chaos of the forest extends its protection across their lands. In the ocean, the ships of the Orphaned Kings protect their crews. Across the First Tree, the sound dims to nothing. And from this, a new group was born - The Sentinels. Those gifted with a particular adeptitude for harnessing light and storing it would use their gift to empower others.

It would be this power that would protect the forests and their allies from the Cosmic Mother's cry. And so while the denizens of the forest would be aware of the cosmic events unfolding above them, their lives continued much as normal.

Spoiler
    Show

6=8-2: Create Organization - Sentinels: Those among the dryads and Ents that most embraced Perneiths gift to store light energy. They use this to better empower their allies and protect them from outside harm. Among the denizens of the Forest, sentinels are well known and trusted. (Prestige Class: Nature Warden)
    5=6-1: Nourish - Primal Shroud: Sentinels use their newfound energy to shroud the forests of Pernieth's children and those that walk among them from harmful outside influence. This protection is powerful enough to repel nonspecific deific efforts to harm.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-03-26 at 01:06 PM.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

The Beach - Ahn, Willow

"Wow.... What in the Dung is that!?" Exclaimed Ahn as he stared up at the suddenly brightly lit sky accompanied by an all-powerful voice.

"Sounds so familiar..... Cant place it... Willow, do you know what that is?" He asked as he looked towards the ent.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

The Beach - Ahn, Willow

"My father is the life of the Forest, the Nature that gave us thoughts, gave us voices. She is the Stars and the Sun that gives us life, that nurtures us. The embodiment of that which lies beyond this world. Fear not, her voice shall not harm you so long as we are together." And indeed it was as Willow had said, for as Ahn stood in her open palm, the voice washed over him, but did no harm. The ent herself seem unconcerned about the proceedings. Then again, she had been around a very long time. While this one may have been articulately loud, deification shows of force wre nothing new to her.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    The Beach - Ahn, Willow

"My father is the life of the Forest, the Nature that gave us thoughts, gave us voices. She is the Stars and the Sun that gives us life, that nurtures us. The embodiment of that which lies beyond this world. Fear not, her voice shall not harm you so long as we are together." And indeed it was as Willow had said, for as Ahn stood in her open palm, the voice washed over him, but did no harm. The ent herself seem unconcerned about the proceedings. Then again, she had been around a very long time. While this one may have been articulately loud, deification shows of force wre nothing new to her.
    The Beach - Ahn, Willow

"Well, shucks... Guess I'll be slothing it around with you for a good bit." the godling looked back up at the sky.

"Say, you're the first person I've seen..." He glances around again in thought. "Is there nobody else around here? Seems like there's just us two, your father and the stars n' sun lady up there."

"It's just so quiet" Ahn continued while running his fingers through his beard "Seems like there should be so much more."
    Currently Playing

10. - Top - End - #670
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ignus, meanwhile, does something similar to Yggdrasil, her blessing however, covers all mortals. But barely, in the way that it becomes as tolerable when The Cosmic Mother speaks... as tolerable as a broken limb.

She sends her forces home, swiftly, to gather everyone there that is hers and to usher them through the Portal, so that their suffering might be mitigated entirely.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover: +3 AP = 4 AP -1 AP = 3 AP
    -1 AP: Nourishment: Tolerance

Ignus herself travels with her fleet, to keep them safe, and ensure they manage to escape from 'grandmother' who is apparently quite real.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-03-26 at 02:30 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ettin in the Playground

The Beach - Ahn and Willow

"There is much beyond this place. You are now on the First Tree, the seat of all Nature in the world. Beyond the oceans that surround us lie many other lands, all more savage than this one, though in their own ways just as beautiful. There are people here, though they live farther from the edge. Dryads, who are closer to the trees than any other race, and caretakers of the forests. Elves, who live in harmony with the woods, though they are of flesh and blood. The offspring of one now gone from the world."

Willow lifts Ahn up higher. "There are many gods in our world. Some are good, others evil. All wield great power, however."

12. - Top - End - #672
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Kethneciel--The Judgment Seat, Oussia

The abrupt arrival of the Cosmic Mother, and the subsequent devastation of the Playground, spurred the god of Judgment into swift action--swift for Kethneciel, at least. The other gods began saving their chosen, so Kethneciel did the same, nullifying the Cosmic Mother's affect on those who had been touched by his Law.

Then, just before Oussia dipped below the playground once more, Kethneciel leaped from his Judgment Seat, soaring through the Void to where Bahamut and Tiamat held their battle.

Kethneciel, Tiamat, Bahamut, the Cosmic Mother--the Void

Out of the shadows of the Void, Kethneciel appears, a great grey-scaled half-dragon half-humanoid, half again as large as Tiamat and Bahamut. He silently observed the scene, the bloddstained Executioner's Axe in his left hand. "Cosmic Mother, once thy business is included, I would ask a boon of thee. Forgive my interruption," came the hollow voice of the Implacable Judge.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    1 AP + 5 AP (Rollover)=6 AP

-1 AP: Nourishment (Law-abiding): All Axiomatic creatures on the Playground are secure in the Law, nullifying the harmful effects of the Cosmic Mother's voice.

-1 AP: Nourishment (Shelter of Law): All Axiomatic creatures on the Playground feel the Law sheltering them, nullifying the effect of the Cosmic Mother's baleful gaze.

4 AP Remaining.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ettin in the Playground

Harcob and the Aerialist
    Atarka snarled at the mention of the voice, saying "That voice is a gift and a curse. For years the mortals enjoy bountiful weather while for years later they suffer from famines and bitter cold. But we... we do well for our own." She laughs as suddenly everything goes Periwinkle. Time slowed down outside the warren as the Aram quickly continued their task of reverse engineering the mecha until they managed to lurch it to life. Once one was done it only took a few days for the Aram to create another, then another, until they had a veritable army of mecha. On each one solid rockets were attached in a rack with a small canister of liquid oxygen to add to the explosion. On their right arm they had a nozzle attached that would spray ethanol and, with an open flame, fire upon the needy or enemy. Their left arm is largely customizable, some have giant metal crunching claws while others have a second flamethrower and yet others have a rocket attached to their fist to better punch people that are too far away.

Atarka grins down at Harcob and says "Our Lord is the Lord of Trickery, and we are about to show this world the greatest trick of all." The world shifts back to it's normal colors and it's normal time as Atarka bellows out "Aram! We will give the gifts of Grenzo to all and fight back this accursed winter!" The Aram cheer as they quickly enter the new mechs of all sizes and shapes before rolling out and spreading across the land in a wave of booze, fire, and metal. Those that can manage it load into the Lightning Lines do so, Killer Kans popping up to spray everyone and everything with life giving Ethanol to get the party started once again, while the largest of the Gargants plod across the landscape in giant sprays of ethanol.
    Spoiler: AP
    Show
    5 AP from new week!

Artifact Charge Cauldron of Endless Firewater: "Have Booze, Will Live." Those that partake in the most glorious of liquids find their body warmed, sometimes quite literally, and their bellies filled as if they had a full meal. Of course it's still alcohol and there's the very real problem of people reaching the limits of their body if they don't have a furnace inside them like the Aram or Genasi.

4=5-1 Nourishment: A series of Time Stops are chained together as the Aram inside the warrens at the Bay of Neutrality work in earnest. When the effect finally ends the Aram have created a legion of the metal men, armed with rockets and flamethrowers to help spread the Warmth of Grenzo to everyone.
    2=4-1 Create Organization: Evil Sunz. The Evil Sunz are those Aram lucky enough to pilot the mechs (from the Killer Kans to the massive Gargants). While all Aram have a love for fast times, the Evil Sunz take this to a whole new level in a constant drive to go faster than each other. The only truly unifying factor among the organization is the same ideals most Aram already share, the love for fire and booze with a decidedly large increase in love for engines.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

The Beach - Ahn, Willow

The godling stared in amazement at the seemingly endless trees before him, then he noticed that the Cosmic Mother's painful light touched beyond the borders of the woods.

"Hold on!" He said "There are other lands and other people beyond these woods, right? Why arent they being protected? Thats not fair! Not at all!"

Ahn lifted Dog-Stick into the air out if pure instinct and with a flash of light, he blanketed those who were not already protected by a deity.

With that being done, the God of Luck stared down at his hands in utter confusion...

Show

Start: 9AP
    -1 Nourishment:Lucky Shade - Ahn casts a protective shade over those unlucky enough to not be protected by a deity.
    -1 Nourishment:Whispers of Luck- Ahn sets loose pleasent whispers of fame and fortune into the ears of those unlucky enough to not have a deitiy protecting them
    +3 Rollover
    Reamaining Ap: 10
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-03-26 at 04:58 PM.
    Currently Playing

15. - Top - End - #675
    Orc in the Playground

All Undead in Existence, Save for the two new Masquerading Zombies as well as Liches - The World

Nimneka's actions upon Cho'zak suddenly spread to all undead - the very magic that held them together being altered to its core. Masquerading Zombies were created with the influence of emotion and souls, and so the sudden appearance of sorrow caused did not effect them too harshly. Liches had sealed their souls to the world, and had done so of their own ambition, and so their sorrow was effectively stalled due to their nature - though some of them may have felt remorse for the first time in ages. Regular zombies and all skeletons were not so lucky. This sudden onslaught, the sudden ability to comprehend what they did not have, caused their magically powered minds be consumed.

In unison they all let out a vast wail, like a shrieking chorus following the mighty roar of the cosmic mother - as souls were ripped back to match the bodies they had come from, and as horrible visions of joys they could not comprehend outside of that they wanted to feel them and the realization of some that their states of decay were truly unnatural. The shriek echoed across Demiourgia, in all places where undead could - so soon after glowing skeletons had spread across the world to as many civilized locations as possible, so soon after standard skeletons had entered the forests, and so soon after zombies had arrived in the swamps.

The only silence would come from the forces of death, their jobs of hunting down the undead likely made easier by the vast wail - a signal leading them to their prey, even if the intense light shone by the cosmic mother was a discomfort for the beings of shadow.

Cho'zak & Nimneka - Deep Dark Purity

Cho'zak stared at Nimneka as the scream began to echo, letting out his own wail as his kin did, barely managing to form words "You should not! Should not! Why! Why! Why why why why!" Cho'zak let out a screech as the understanding of how unnatural his existence was began to dawn upon him. He could never go back. He did have something he could do, however. Just as this tree had caused him pain, now he would do the same unto it. Pain for pain. He prayed to his deity for revenge.

Clora - Just outside the edge of The World

The vast wail reached Clora as she looked down upon the world. Perhaps she was truly unfeeling, perhaps she was made of too many varied parts to have a soul properly attach, or perhaps by some divine providence, she did not seem as effected as her creations. She did, however, learn what had caused this change. A prayer from Cho'zak, her first Cleric. "Unliving One, the swamp, this abhorrent grove of darkness has disrupted our balance. Hurt them as they have hurt us.

Clora heard this call, and in delayed response to the great roar of the cosmic mother, and noticed her eyes shining intense light upon the world. The massive amount of life spawned an idea in Clora's mind, and she did two things in this moment. First, she cursed the nature of the odd trees, the so called weirdwoods, as well as the strange things attached to them, spriggans - from that point forth, all light would cause them pain, burning them like fire. Second, she summoned orb upon orb of intensely bright light to float and shine within the grove. The thing in the swamp gave her creations harm unlike any they had ever felt. They too, would now be harmed unlike any harm they had ever felt.

Spoiler: AP!
    Show
    Initial AP: [0]
    AP Gain:
    Rollover [+3]
    AP Expenditure:
    Pestilence (The Vast Wail) [-1] - All undead across the world, save for the Masquerading Zombies, unleash a horrid scream of sorrow and sadness. This piercing screech causes intense pain to all who hear it
    Pestilence (Curse of Searing Light) [-1] - All light now burns weirdwoods & spriggans of the dark grove as if they were on fire - light based healing now harms instead (namely the glowing skeletons and the tendrils of restorative light).
    Pestilence (Orbs of Light) [-1] - A massive number of orbs of light appear across the dark grove, and shine intensely bright light.
    Utility Artifact Usage (Tendrils of Restorative Light) [Charge expenditure] - The healing light heals all entities across the playground, except for those weirdwoods and spriggans who are now harmed by light.
    Remaining AP: [0]
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-03-26 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Bold where there should have been italics

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Cosmic Mother the Void

The Cosmic Mother looks at Bahamut and Tiamat as stars explode forming each of the words she speaks "Did I not give birth to you and gave you the charge to guard and protect this world and all upon it? Then why have I awakened to find both my beloved children leading their brothers and sisters to their destruction, and commit kinslaying? You have both failed me!"

As the goddess of Dragons continues to speak, every word is heard across clearly across creation. As a result of her words, within the skies of the Playground winged horses are seen flying. Meanwhile Bahamut is hanging his head in shame, while Tiamat tries to talk back. "But Mother, what I did, I did it for..."

"SILENCE!" roars the Cosmic Mother "I KNOW FULL WELL WHAT YOU HAVE DONE MY DAUGHTER!" Upon the various lands of the Playground, fearsome magical horses with appear from simply by the sound of her voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Out of the shadows of the Void, Kethneciel appears, a great grey-scaled half-dragon half-humanoid, half again as large as Tiamat and Bahamut. He silently observed the scene, the bloddstained Executioner's Axe in his left hand. "Cosmic Mother, once thy business is included, I would ask a boon of thee. Forgive my interruption," came the hollow voice of the Implacable Judge.
    The Dragon goddess turns her attention to the one who addressed her "Speak!" she says. As a result, within the Oceans of the Playground Horses who could swim as fast as dolphins appeared.

Spoiler
    Show

AP5=7-2: Create Race: Nightmares, Pegasi, Hippocampus.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-03-31 at 12:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Orc in the Playground

The Keymaster - Outside Purity

After a long, arduous journey through the darkest of the catacombs, the chamberlain of the madgod finds the surface at last. And what he sees is nothing but blinding light. It pierces even the ever dark shroud concealing his face, revealing a full elven visage almost entirely white eyes. He strains under the voice of the Cosmic Mother, even being avatar of a divine, for it had been too long since he had been in nothing but shadow and silence.

"No more!"
    He proclaims, raising his hand skyward towards the Moon.

The Spire of Change resonates high above in Neutral Ground, releasing an echo of the Keymaster's voice that rung through the ears of every resident of the moon and all the true followers of the three Moon Gods. Even if the light still blinded them, the Cosmic Mother's booming voice was reduced to a whisper in their ears.

He sighed in relief, and flew back up to the moon.

Meanwhile...

Hagatha, Raven Mother - Ruins of Purity

Even bloodied but unbowed, the Raven Mother smiles at the presence of Hagatha once she approaches the Lady of Suffering. "I know, milady. And perhaps this day Orcs will start having nightmares of our kind. No matter what, it was a victory for us." Seeing some Lycanthropes still alive, she bows to her. "I thank you for your mercy. Me and my kin may linger on with a scarred memory of this battle and teach countless generations after us to fight to the end, endure the pain down to the last and inflict just as much suffering on their foes. We are stronger for the suffering we've faced."

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show

Rollover +5 AP

5 AP = 5 - 0 (Use Artifact Charge) Spire of Change(Nourishment): Followers of the Madgod, Wealth God and Air God no longer suffer from the Cosmic Mother's booming voice, which to them is now a whisper. All within the Moon are also safe from its effects.
    Last edited by MetaKnightFan; 2015-03-26 at 04:33 PM.
    Keymaster avatar, self made :)

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    The Dragon goddess turns her attention to the one who addressed her "Speak!" she says. As a result, within the Oceans of the Playground Horses who could swim as fast as dolphins appeared.
    Kethneciel bows to the Cosmic Mother in response to her speech. "I am a child of the Visionary, and Law is my purview. In order to view the Playground better and administer Judgment upon it, I placed my Judgment Seat within thy summer eye, Oussia. The boon I ask is this; that thou would forgive my presumption in assuming thy slumber eternal, and permit me to continue to reside in thy cast-off eye." The Implacable Judge sounded almost humble as he spoke to the Second-born of the gods.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Harcob and the Aerialist

Harcob remains with Atarka as he watches what is going on, and he wishes he could help these such generous decent folks, but he drew a blank on how actually he could do so. Eventually he simply asks, "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Show

6 AP = 3 AP + 3AP (Rollover)

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Kethneciel bows to the Cosmic Mother in response to her speech. "I am a child of the Visionary, and Law is my purview. In order to view the Playground better and administer Judgment upon it, I placed my Judgment Seat within thy summer eye, Oussia. The boon I ask is this; that thou would forgive my presumption in assuming thy slumber eternal, and permit me to continue to reside in thy cast-off eye." The Implacable Judge sounded almost humble as he spoke to the Second-born of the gods.
    "Judgement?" says the Cosmic Mother. Within the skies of the Playground, the question asked causes new creatures to be formed. Looking almost too big to be real, these huge birds of prey are known to carry off large animals such as cattle, horses and even elephants for food.

"You shall receive my boon Product of the Visionary."
    If there was one god who did not fear uttering the name of one of the Elder gods, it was the Cosmic Mother "But in return, you shall render judgment between my quarrelsome Son and Daughter, as well as my children who follow them. I shall forgive them, for fools as they may be, they are still my children. However you shall see to it that justice is meted out swiftly so that I should never see such an atrocity again! Yet should you be judged to have failed or be slacking in this duty that I am bestowing upon you, then you shall find yourself rejected by that which was once my eye!"

Beneath the waves, yet another creature is formed. Considered by sailors to be one of the most beautiful, awesome and feared creatures of the water. With their deadly jaws and their breath weapon, as well as their habit of capsizing ships, these huge beasts are dreaded by mariners, as although these creatures prefer to eat fish, they are not beyond eating an unfortunate sailor who has fallen into the sea.

Spoiler
    Show

AP3: Create pretty huge creatures: Roc and Dragon Turtles. I shall keep the 3rd creature for the next time the Cosmic Mother speaks.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-03-26 at 07:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nimneka the Demon Tree, Cho'zak - Deep Dark Purity

"Now I have taught you to scream you arrogant little creature. You come here to my domain and ask and demand without the courtesy of begging for your life or begging in terror? It was worth the wait. You have such a delicious scream!" Nimneka gloated with his horrible tree mouth as he soaked in the undead cleric's scream. "I have brought you pain- the kind you can't suffer quietly! Gehehehe!"

"Yes beg you worm! Sweet nectar!" He continued to rant. The Vast Wail and the voice of the Cosmic Mother together was harsh for the touched of Hagatha and he swung his roots wildly. But it was the next part that gave him pause. Luckily for him, Hagatha's canopy protected him and the other trees from the sun up above and the Cosmic Mother's gaze or he might have been finished. Then the worst happened and the sun came after him and all the rest lighting up this once deep dark bog.

"Argghhhh!" Nimneka screamed in pain as his every synapse was lit on fire. It was exquisite pain unlike any he'd ever experienced. "Ahhhhahahaha!" He laughed madly as the pain became almost too much for him to bare. His Spriggins hide in the trees and were able to avoid these lights but if one caught a Spriggin they were finished. But the Weirdwoods were unable to move, it was their curse since they were planted, it was why they were mad. The demon tree slammed a vine against the ball of light and screamed in agony as the ball remained but his vine burned.

"Geeeeeeesssshhh!" The tree gnashed it's horrible tree mouth and made a guttural noise of suffering. "Pain.. For pain.." He muttered, impressed, but now also barely able to make words. "You have learned my lesson well.. Gehehe.. Learn to channel your new suffering into pain for others as I have! You have no idea the pleasures of the dark side!" He laughed madly once more and winced in agony. "You have given me exquisite pain- a great gift- pain to others changes you, makes you like it.. The sheer esctasy of pain is nothing compared to you inflicting it!"

Gurgle-Gurgle, Murkfin Tribe - The Dark Grove

"Calm! Calm!" Gurgle-Gurgle croaked out to those of his tribe. The other more vicious tribes were out there in pain as well. He could hear it. Even the animals felt the horror of the Cosmic Mother's voice followed by the intense pain of the wail. The Bogwart just thanked the gods that Hagatha's canopy protected them from the Mother's terrible gaze.

Gurgle-Gurgle grabbed his head and collapsed to his knees in absolute agony as he witnessed the rest of his tribe do the same. Even the children cried out; what god could have done this? Was it a god of pure evil? If only they knew it was the very gods dedicated to protecting mortals that had caused this pain.

Gurgle-Gurgle's heart broke as he saw a baby Bogwart scream it's last as it's ears popped and bled blood. But it was comforted by thinking that maybe this pain would mean something. Pain let you grow as a person, didn't it? That was what Witch Doctor's learned from Hagatha's example. He knew she wouldn't rise to protect them as other deities might do for their flock. But as the horrible intense pain floored him he couldn't imagine what that might be.

"Please stop!" He shouted to the sky, but it was little more than a begging whimper. The strong chieftain bent his head low and cried.

The Smiling Praetor - The Halls of the Ornate Beast

The monstrous construct that was her palace dove deep beneath the dream waters of the eternally sleeping goddess as soon as the Mother turned her gaze upon the Playground. It was still the hottest it had ever been and Simdread's lower mouth clicked in displeasure. She closed her eyes turning to focus on the pleasure in the pain of the horrible voice.

Then, suddenly, all was quiet. It was quite good fortune that the demons worshipped no god save for their dead one. Someone out there had protected them. It was now time to act while this chaos was still ongoing. With a harsh word she ordered out a Peer and made her move.

The Peer, One of the Orphan Kings Ships - The Open Sea

Without the hindrance of the voice The Peer was able to easily slip onto one of the mighty Pirate King's ships. The heat was intense up on the surface but he had been ordered to do this and so he would.

The demon pulled himself onto the deck of the ship, as ordered. He was a powerful and seductive looking male torso with horns whose upper body came out of the mouth of a great octopus, but honestly, the Orphan Kings had probably seen worse.

"I'm looking for the Captain of this vessel. It would be my pleasure to meet him. I have a little proposition for him."

Weirdwood Sapling - The Moon

Ol had likely, despite Dr. Squick-Squick's recommendation, went on to have a Weirdwood planted. In light of the recent changes to the odd trees it screamed and thrashed in the light of the sun without explanation to the denizens of Neutral Ground. Would they save it?

Hagatha, The Raven Mother - Purity

"Perhaps much stronger." Hagatha said both to the Raven Mother and herself. "Can you fly?" She asked while looking up towards the stylish new holes in their ground ceiling. But even though the mighty voice didn't hurt her ears, and the harsh light didn't reach her and her companions under here she could tell something was wrong.

"But perhaps not yet." She chuckled and took a look around this place again, the mighty war now cooled. "The beauty of sin here in this dark place under the earth. Look at this wraith, driven by pride and a lust for power and glory. Greed for more than their lot and gluttony once they get a taste. Now look at what their envy has gotten them, their stolen power.. Nothing left but ruin and sloth." Hagatha laughed and shook her head. Those words had been a divine call. It was time for the witch to take a more active role in shaping events, and for that she'd need support.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 2
    Rollover: 3
    AP: 5

Create Pantheon (The Masters of Sin) [2]: A pantheon of dark and neutral gods driven by desire to spread their influence and united in their power and goals. Whatever sin it may be they all wished to spread their sins upon the playground.
    First Creedo: Pantheon AP can only be spent on actions you can relate back to your sin domain.

AP: 3
    Last edited by Phobia; 2015-03-26 at 08:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    "Judgement?" says the Cosmic Mother. Within the skies of the Playground, the question asked causes new creatures to be formed. Looking almost too big to be real, these huge birds of prey are known to carry off large animals such as cattle, horses and even elephants for food.

"You shall receive my boon Product of the Visionary."
    If there was one god who did not fear uttering the name of one of the Elder gods, it was the Cosmic Mother "But in return, you shall render judgment between my quarrelsome Son and Daughter, as well as my children who follow them. I shall forgive them, for fools as they may be, they are still my children. However you shall see to it that justice is meted out swiftly so that I should never see such an atrocity again! Yet should you be judged to have failed or be slacking in this duty that I am bestowing upon you, then you shall find yourself rejected by that which was once my eye!"
    Kethneciel bows his head to the Cosmic Mother again. "I understand. Thy judgment is sound."

The Implacable Judge turns to the two dragons, looming over them in terrible silence. For a long moment, the silence stretches, growing deeper and deeper. Finally, Kethneciel speaks once more. "Both of thee have forgotten thy charge set by thy great Mother, allowing partisan Emotion to color thy thoughts and actions. Both of thee have killed and conspired to kill, each foolishly believing that thou knew better than thy creator. The proper punishment for this... is death." Kethneciel allowed the words to hang in the Void for another moment.

"However. The deaths of thee would work against thy Mother's will. Therefore, thou shalt not face death this day." Kethneciel waved his hand, and far below on the Playground, the Challenge Mountains rumbled. Of the three tallest peaks in the range, the mountain on the far left and the one on the far right shuddered and shifted, the trees and shrubs growing on them flowing unharmed down into the valleys around them until they became steep, sheer spires of barren rock. Within these spires, Kethneciel formed two labyrinths, utterly complex, with a sealed off chamber in the center of each spire.

"The mountains that were once thy roosts are now thy cages, and they shall remains so until thy Mother's will is once again understood by thee both," Kethneciel intones. "Thou hast been ashamed in front of thy Mother; thou shalt not see nor feel her gaze again until thou art freed. Thou shalt have no freedom, no entertainment, no company... save that of one another, seen and heard at all times until thy dual imprisonment comes to its end." Kethneciel brings his Axe down like a gavel, the two elder dragons vanishing as it falls.

Bahamut and Tiamat find themselves in identical chambers, flat grey cubes of rock glowing with a dull, colorless radiance. Wherever they look, they see the other's face; no matter how they plug their ears, they hear the others breath and words. Grey chains extend from the floor, wrapping the hind legs of both dragons and preventing them from flying to the ceiling of the room.

Kethneciel looks down at his workmanship, and then lifts one hand. Out of the walls of the prisons come great humanoid shapes, beings made of steel, of stone and of clay. These beings move and act, but lack the spark of life that would denote a true being with a soul. With a flick of his wrist, The Implacable Judge sets these golems in motion, roaming the warrens of the labyrinth in set patterns. They need no light to see by, no food, water or rest; and they will kill any who enter into the labyrinth, seeking to free the elder dragons before there imprisonment is finished.

Kethneciel nods to himself and begins to turn away from the Playground and back towards the Cosmic Mother, when a plaintive cry gives him pause. Down on the Playground, a nest of wyrmling Red Dragons were starving, waiting for a mother who would never return from Purity and wailing in terror at the voice from the sky. As Kethneciel noticed this, more cries came to him. Fear from a Juvenile Silver Dragon, lost far from home. Grief and rage from an Old Green, as he stood over his fallen mate. Despair, hunger, terror, sadness...the sounds of dragons bereft of guidance swept over the Implacable Judge in a wave, and for the first time he found himself not unmoved.

"It... it is not... Lawful... that they be left to perish," Kethneciel murmurs to himself, reaching out a hand once more. All over the Playground, dragons found their lives a little easier, their troubles a little more light, as the God of Judgment judged them fit to be spared.

Kethneciel turned to face the Cosmic Mother once more, and though he had no expression to read, he had a troubled air.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    4 AP

-1 AP: Mold Land (the Challenge Mountains): Kethneciel molds two of the tallest spires in the Challenge mountains, turning their outside into sheer cliffs with only a small cave opening near the top (and not harming a single plant in doing so). The insides are turned into massive labyrinths, filled with dead ends and traps. Tiamat is placed into the sealed central chamber of the leftmost mountain, and Bahamut into the rightmost. At all times, the two can see and speak to one another; they cannot see or hear any of the goings-on outside the world.

-2 AP: Create Race (Iron, Stone, and Clay Golems): These are silent, deathless sentinels of the dragons' prison, placed there more to guard from anyone coming in than from the dragons getting out.

-1 AP: Nourishment (Stay of Execution): in an almost unheard-of act of mercy by the god of Judgment, he extends his protection over the dragons of the Playground, making their lives easier to survive.

0 AP Remaining.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2015-03-26 at 09:58 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ettin in the Playground

Puck was not surprised to hear the Peer's voice. From the moment the creature set foot upon the ship Puck had been told. Kirel, his wife-ship, had warned him. Though she was worried for his safety, she had some experience with demons before, and determined it safe enough to allow him to meet the Peer.

Puck walks from below-decks, and addresses the demon. "You'd be looking for me." Puck stands fearlesslym though the crew give the demon a wide berth. Puck strokes a short beard with one hand, while the other rests at his waist near his sword. He wears leather breeches and no shirt, his skin tanned by the sun and sea and muscled by the hard labor of the ship.

Ahn, Willow - The First Tree

"You have deceived me." Willow says, a frown on her face.

24. - Top - End - #684

Random Oceanic Location:
    Ignus, The Burning Legion, Yusri, Immolatus, The Orphaned Kings

Spotting ships on the water below them apparently sailing towards their own destination the bright flying construct carrying Ignus and her two charges lowers and splashes down into the water alongside. "Hello over there!" She waves to them as she yells her greeting. Most of the Genasi, those not currently running the ships lie about on the decks of their various vessels, enjoying the heat beating down on them.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-03-27 at 12:03 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

Ahn looked up from his hands, a looked of confused amazement still upon his face. "I did what? What was that?"

the godling began to shake in nervous confusion, fidgeting and confused "What was that? What did I do? That doesnt make sense at all.... Willow, what is happening to me!?"
    Currently Playing

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

Random Oceanic Location:
    Ignus, The Burning Legion, Yusri, Immolatus, Yanri, the Pirate Queen

If anything the Captain of the Pirate Vessel, a woman named Yanri, was hesitant. Whatever ships these beings sailed on, they moved through the air. But more worrisome was the fact that the ships did not speak, did not live. "You have an interesting craft." she says diplomatically. Her two other ships maneuver themselves around the newly grounded airship. Their captains watch Yanri for any signal that treachery is afoot, though they are not overly aggressive, merely cautious.

"You have claimed ignorance. Yet you have far greater power than you have claimed. Such actions are not the actions of one of mere flesh."

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

"W-what are you talking about?" Ahn said as he looked at willow, the little godling shaking ever so violently with confusion it would almost be funny...no, it IS funny to look at... very funny indeed.

"I-i saw all those p-people suffering.... I-it wasn't right... Made me angry and I f-felt that I had to do something... W-what did I do? Please, Willow.... Y-you seem to u-unders-stand... What is h-happening?" Ahn was so upset he couldn't stop stuttering or shaking..... the poor bastard.
    Currently Playing

28. - Top - End - #688

Random Oceanic Location:
    Ignus, Yusri, Immolatus, Yanri, the Pirate Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    If anything the Captain of the Pirate Vessel, a woman named Yanri, was hesitant. Whatever ships these beings sailed on, they moved through the air. But more worrisome was the fact that the ships did not speak, did not live. "You have an interesting craft." she says diplomatically. Her two other ships maneuver themselves around the newly grounded airship. Their captains watch Yanri for any signal that treachery is afoot, though they are not overly aggressive, merely cautious.
    "So is yours. I created the plants from which these were made myself. Have you need of anything since I reduced your discomfort from the terrible heat beating down on your mortal forms?" She pauses a moment in thought, "By which I mean, are you in need of anything at the moment?"

The Majority of the fleet, in the meantime, continues onwards towards its destination, carrying the Merciful Military with it, along with what prisoners they have aboard.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-03-27 at 01:57 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

29. - Top - End - #689
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Greetings to you, mortal man. This one is one of many of those that dwell below the sea." The Ecstasy Peer said while eyeing Puck with interest and admiring his shirtless form. "The children of Mezzethera, now sleeping, and servant to the Smiling Praetor." He continued his introductions with an over-exaggerated bow, his upper body bending low as the octopus kneeled.

"This one's mistress sends me offer you, one of the great orphan kings, an epic quest- the tale will be adventurous and the rewards will be.." The demon gave a toothy smile. "..numerous."

"Deep beneath the ocean lies the Sleepless Citadel where the Black Praetor rests. You must set a course for that place through these troubled times and take a certain orb. This one is quite certain you may have heard sea tales of this mystical object. The Jewel of Shores." He hissed, his voice low and serious. "This one's mistress wishes to, ah, remain anonymous in this encounter. But imagine having that sort of power in your hands. You could be king of the Orphan Kings! Is that something you would.. Desire?"

Finwë - Neutral Ground Moon Base

In Neutral Ground, you could buy just about anything. This was where you'd buy poison to get rid of some annoying pest, or maybe some hallugenics. A man like Finwë, ruthless and business minded, could be almost a king or god here. If you just found and exploited the right angle.

"Come on baby, don't you hold out on Mr. Finwë, now, ya hear? You might get that pretty face messed up." The elven dressed in fine multi-colored clothes said before grabbing the face of one of his elven girls and looking stern. "Now you gonna march your pretty little behind in there and give that dwarf what he paid for, aren't ya?" He said to her as he nodded along with himself before sending the girl back inside. The man kicked a drugged out Kobold on his way by and ordered his bouncer to throw the guy out. The elf wasn't the type to see if they were okay, if they weren't buying drugs or a special companion then they were useless to him. Even if it was his drugs that had them zoned out.

"Hey, you," He snapped, "Throw these two deadbeats out on their ***. Oh hello sir, are you interested in a special companion today?" Finwë said sweetly as a new customer came in, changing his tone completely back to the eager salesman. "Yes sir we do have Bogwart girls, right this way..."

In Neutral Ground, you could buy anything.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 3

Create Concept (Prostitution) [1]: Yes you can buy anything in Neutral Ground including a nice guy or gal to keep you company at night. The elf, Finwë, is making a big business out of this new concept of buying and selling.

Mark the Chosen (Finwë) [0]: Basically he's a ruthless fantasy sleezeball pimp. The worlds first pimp, in fact. The elf runs his own big booming Brothel in the hub of Neutral Ground. He pays bouncers to keep an eye on things and has strippers in the front area for a little sample along with plenty of mushroom potions and spirits.

Nourishment (Beauty in Deepest Red) [1]: These flowers first bloomed inside the Halls of the Ornate Beast but now, thanks to Hagatha's boon, now grow fully all over Neutral Ground. Thanks to the nice weather and love literally being in the air thanks to these flowers, a lot of mating is going on up at the moon now. Couples and loved ones, of course, but this also results in big business for Finwë. Mechanically, I'm increasing the populations of the races at Neutral Ground. Enjoy your citizens now being more focused on the flesh instead of the dream for a while. The Beauty in Deepest Red also makes a great alchemy ingredient!

Pestilence (Herpes) [Wickedwood]: But like every rose has it's thorns, so too does every boon of Hagatha. The people can't help but mate and spread accidentally a new disease that causes blisters around the genitalia and lips that itches horribly and looks terrible. It's a scab likely to tear and chap terribly. Highly embarrassing and pretty painful. Sometimes it fades for a week or so but these people are still infected and just don't look like they are, someone like Finwë will often have clean and infected choices but an unscrupulous business man will often pass off ones that aren't showing as clean. Transmitted through cuts, bodily fluid, and I'm sure you can imagine.

AP: 1

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

Harcob, Atarka, and the Evil Sunz out and about
    Atarka shrugged at the offer of aid and said "Given time the Aram will create mundane replicas of everything. You can aid them if you wish, or travel with them and help spread aid to this land. Life must live so that it may continue to consume and party, after all!" With that she launched into the air, the Aram gladly giving their newest friend one of the better looking Mega Dreads to pilot around and dispense booze and fire.

Atarka, Hagatha, Raven Mother - Purity
    Atarka came plummeting down as murmurs of a pantheon dedicated to the baser emotions spread amongst the Aram. As a deity dedicated to gluttony she knew that He would be interested in expanding upon His followers. So she emerged from the smoking crater and grinned down at the humanoids. With a booming voice she said "There has been talk of sin uniting! Grenzo wished to formally extend his acceptance into this organization as a God of Gluttony. Through Him we have enjoyed boons of mundanity and he will insure that all sinful behavior is taken to 11!"
    Show
    1 AP = 2 AP - 1 AP: Join Masters of Sin with Gluttony domain.

The Masters must do everything to excess. It isn't good enough that they hunger, they gorge themselves until they're fit to burst. It isn't good enough that they want sex, they screw anything that looks screwable. It isn't good enough that they're lazy, their bodies dip past this life because their hearts just couldn't be bothered.