New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

The Sleepless Citadel - The Black Praetor and Mother Matron Elev Nosh.

In that black room the Black Praetor laughed hollowly, the laugh echoed in the recess of Elev Nosh mind. It wasn't cruel, although the effects on a lesser creature would have been, it was simply how a Demon laughed.

Perfection? Ah, you do not understand dreams let alone nightmares to utter the word . . . perfection.

Do you understand fear? Doubt?

I shall grant to you a nightmare, on the condition that you experience it first. And to experience it you must be capable of terror and uncertainty. . . . And you must be able to sleep
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-02-02 at 06:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Deimos, Pernieth - The World

Perhaps if Pernieth had seen the shimmering perfection of Bahamut, the Chaotic Glory of Tiamat, and their many sons and daughters, he might have claimed Deimos' statement a lie. But he had never seen a true dragon before, for none had yet come to the First Tree. "Dragon." he said, and so it was cemented in his mind that this being before him was the true dragon, and all others who claimed the title impostors.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Erebus- Kyre, Deimos, and Pernieth
    Kyre stood on the edge of Erebus watching the exchange. "Night did not do this. I did this." Kyre assumed the visage of a young woman. "I am Death child. Your egg was a gift from the dragons. I attempted to move it to my citadel, unaware it contained a living creature. My touch caused the death in you, but I shrouded you in the darkness before you died. I gave you a chance at life. You are not yet ready for death." Kyre changed forms to that of a man. "They call me Kyre young one. Seek me out in the shadows if you need my counsel. There is much you could learn from me. I regret to inform you that you are not a dragon, perhaps once but no longer. Seek out Ikinos in the land of Demiourgia upon the challenge mountains." Kyre turned and wandered further into Erebus.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Deimos, Pernieth - The World

Deimos smiled at Pernieth, seemingly having come to an understanding of sorts. "Where are we?" He asks, gesturing at the wilderness around them. He watches a wolf hunt a rabbit, pouncing on it and tearing it apart with fang and claw. He reaches down to pick up a fallen branch, giving it a few swings before judging it to be an acceptable method of protecting himself, for now.

Kyre - Erebus

Deimos turns to face Kyre, frowning. He listens intently, before opening his mouth to speak. "I am a dragon." He says firmly, even as Kyre wanders away.

Shaking his head, he turns back to Pernieth. "What is Demiourgia? What are the Challenge Mountains?" He inquires.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-02 at 07:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Erebus- Kyre, Deimos, and Pernieth

Pernieth makes a sound that, from a fleshy mouth, would have been a grunt of anger, but from him, sounded more like a branch snapping. "Dragon!" he states, and points at Deimos, as if to gainsay the Kyre's statement. He turns to the smaller dragon, and points at Kyre "Night." he says.

To the question, he shakes his head for a moment, then in his hand appears soil. next to the soil, a miniature tree. The soil shifts, forming mountains, valleys, and soon enough, a small simulacrum of the First Tree and Demiourgia is created. Pernieth points at the mountains. "Challenge." he says. As for the people living there, Pernieth could not say, but the land he knows well, for the land had already been seeded by the First Tree's children.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-02 at 07:55 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Erebus - Kyre, Deimos, Pernieth

Deimos looks closely, taking in the landscape conjured up by Pernieth. He points to the First Tree. What is that?" He inquires, noticing vague similarities between the simulacrum and the one holding it. "It looks like... Pernieth." He smiles, having taken a great liking to the Plant God.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Matron shakes her head.

"I do not know what Fear, or Doubt are. As for sleep, this activity is not unknown to me. It is a highly inefficient way to spend time, perhaps I could petition my master to come up with a different way for me to experience a nightmare? I remain mostly active and ready, but I experience your nightmare. This activity could be used to allow me to experience either dreams or nightmares of my own volition."

Nosh kneels down praying to the Visionary.

The Void, The Visionary

The Great City that is the Visionary churns into operation. Changing what reality is, and what is simply idea. The request of the Matron Mother Elev Nosh is processed and accepted. The Visionary does not simply grant this ability to his own however, but all the world. Giving each and every being the ability to actively pursue dreams or nightmares even while they wake. The Visionary gave a name to this activity with his Engines and Avatars: The Daydream.

Spoiler
    Show
    6 - 1 Create Concept (Daydreams, Daynightmares) = 5

Mother Nosh stands before the Black Praetor,

"It has been done, you must feel it. Now, give me the nightmare so my master may perfect it."

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

"Child" Pernieth says to the question. The simulacrum grows a single seed pod, which Pernieth picks up and offers to Deimos. He points first at his chest, then at the seed, and finally at the Tree. Pernieth cannot smile, but his voice almost glows with pride. "See?" he asks, pointing to the simulated boughs of the tree. Already the perpetual shadow of Erebus wears on him. One way or another, he cannot stay for long.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Deimos looks at the seed, then to the simulacrum, then to Pernieth. He nods, giving Pernieth a smile. "I see." He confirms. He wonders at it, all the while the perpetual shadows of Erebus flitting around him like a household pet might linger around the child of it's owner. Deimos tilts his head. "I... may I meet your child?" He asks, anticipating meeting the child of his first friend.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth nods, and motions behind him. Vines sprout from the nothingness and shadow, and form a ring. Pernieth touches the ring, and within it, a shimmering haze takes form, and on the other side, lush lands, which seem to float high above the ocean. Pernieth gestures once, and then steps through.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ignus
    The Great Descent

Slowly up from the depths in the southeastern section of the world peaks begins to rise from the water surrounding a roughly ovoid shaped continent. Mountains they are. Their peaks broken open, the water bubbles around them as the mass in their midst forms slowly on the edge of The Descent. To the north and south are open horizon, to the east and west great towering infernos that spill forth only flame, casting an orange glow across this newly formed place.

The Descent. A gaping chasm; having opened so long ago now; from which elementals of varied natures climb and crawl, and into which the seemingly endless waters flow. Is it any wonder then, that beings of fire are the most common to leave such a place?

An unusual one, it has a more defined form that that of raw fire swirling in the wind, a physicality. Her very skin glows with the furnace within. Odd characters and marks stamped in strange patterns and sequences across her skin. Her hair a mane of gently flowing fire, falling down around her shoulder in wavy locks. Her eyes bright, illuminating whatever she happens to look at.

Her mouth open, breathing deeply from the exertion of the climb, the light from within so bright that just like her touch it singes whatever it lay upon.

She moves slowly from the edge, her long hafted hammer held in one hand. Away from the water which causes her undue stress. She and the other Elementals, of whatever kind, do not yet recognize the differences between themselves. Having been together since the dawn of creation, they are family.

But what strange place is this? The heavens open above, unending waters behind.

Ignus looks upon the barren scape. And lifts her hammer, Ignus strikes the head of her hammer on the ground, forming the burning lands. A vast stretch of searing stone and desert. Flames lick upwards from between the broken stones, and begin to take form. Sand, water, earth and even air coalesce into shapes much the same as her own.

Ignus then struck the ground beneath her with the butt of her staff, and sat in a chair of flame. It's form as solid to her as the ground beneath her feet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    AP 6 (15-9)
    3 AP: Create Artifact: Ignus was born with this hammer in hand. A tool of Creation. (Utility Artifact.)
    2 AP: Create Landmass: In the southeastern section of the world up from the depths of the ocean bordering a whole into the pit of the beast.
    1 AP: Create Concept: Elemental (Racial) Hit Dice, Fire Elemental Bloodlined Sorcerers.
    1 AP: Mould Land: Ignus strikes the head of her hammer on the ground, forming the burning lands. A vast stretch of searing stone and desert.
    2AP: Create Populace: Fire Genasi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Native Outsider (Elemental [Fire]).
    Human Subtype: Fire Genasi count as human for the purpose of qualifying for feats, classes, and prestige classes.
    Fire Subtype: Fire Genasi take no damage from fire, but take half again as much damage from cold.
    Modified Casting:+1 to the save DC's against and the caster level of a Fire Genasi's spells with the [Fire] descriptor.
    Fire Aspected: A Fire Genasi that takes levels as a Cleric must choose a deity with the Fire domain as one of the Domains available, and must choose the Fire Domain as one of it's two Domains.
    Favored Class: Sorcerer.
    Produce Flame as a spell-like ability three times per day, cast at the Genasi's character level. The Genasi's caster level bonus applies.
    Flame-Born: Fire Genasi heal one hit point per round when ever exposed to a source of fire damage, for so long as the exposure remains.
    Attribute Adjustment: Fire Genasi receive the following attribute adjustments: -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma. Their nature makes them welcoming and friendly to most, as well as passionate, even in their thirst for knowledge. Their elemental nature however does not lend it's self well to physical stability, and they are more easily injured than other creations of their kind.
    Level Adjustment +2
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-03 at 05:46 AM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Pernieth, Deimos - The First Tree

Deimos emerges from the portal, the true light of the sun shining through the lush foliage around him. He feels the dull warmth of Phos for the first time, enjoying the sensation. He looks around at the vast plant life, and the few birds that survived the Long Night. He raises his head, inhaling deeply, taking in the scents of nature. For the first time since his creation, he felt alive. After several moments of marvelling at the beauty of nature, he looks to Pernieth, a wide smile across his face. "Good." He gestures to all the life that surrounds them. The Demigod of Courage then pointed to Pernieth. Good." He said firmly, stating his belief plainly. "Friend?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

The fire called out to Ikino. To the south, a godly flame was lit, a new source of warmth for this cold world. Ikino becomes a streak of crimson and gold, shooting across the sky. He soon sees below him tiny sparks, made of holy fire but without the divine essence. Confused, Ikino continues onwards until he finds the one who's nature called to his. The being has the same strange form as the Shepherd, but she is draped in Ikino's flames. An unknown feeling came upon Ikino. It was like what he felt for his twin Israken, and for his Mother, but it was stronger, more forceful and wild.

In a flash of light, Ikino comes to the ground. He is made of swirling flames, but shaped somewhere between the form of the one before him and his own draconic one. His own light spreads out, yearning to connect with the illumination of this new goddess.

"From across the world, I felt your fire, and came to you. I am Ikino, and I would know your name."

Spoiler: Fire Elemental
    Show

by Wen-M
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

14. - Top - End - #104
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ignus
    The Burning Lands
    A small smirk graces her lips, her head tilts. Not unfriendly, merely curious, and perhaps a bit startled. "I am Ignus, The Eternal Flame."

She turns and touches her hammer to her head in thought, then brings it down to strike the ground.

Unusual plants begin to sprout from the rock and fire, the flames feeding them, making them strong. They rise quickly, giving witness to the spirit and wild nature of the element from which they were called. The plants glow from within, their very essence setting them alight as they draw nourishment from the fire. Though they appear... perhaps normal, they are none the less obviously not plants as the like of which might be found elsewhere already in the world.

A second strike. A city of crystal and obsidian, radiantly gleaming in the spectrum of all flames white, yellow, red, orange, gold, blue and green thrusts slowly up, the ground beneath groaning as this palatial city grows up from below. At it's center a temple, a semi-transparent statue of Ignus stands out front, hammer in hand. Her replica made in radiant colors, the statue filled with light from within. Light which reflects and refracts though the transparent buildings around it. This city shall never be dark, for so long as it stands.

With the butt of her staff she carves a rune in the air, a small flash of light and the rune disappears. The rune of comprehension, scribed with fire, to grant understanding.

"You are similar, where are your children?"

Spoiler
    Show
    3 of 6 AP remaining.
    1 AP: Mould Land: A Jungle sprouts across the burning lands, the plants taking their energy from the fires which gave them life.
    1 AP: Teach Populace: The knowledge of hunting and gathering.
    1 AP: Teach Populace: Language. Reading, Writing and Speech. The better to grow and learn. Their language: Ignan, Alphabet: Runes.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-03 at 12:42 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth nods. "Friend" he gestures to the vast expanse, empty of life beyond the few birds and the vast groves and forests and plants. "Stay?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Ikino & Ignus
    The Burning Lands

So that was what the tiny sparks were, the children of Ignus. "I have no children, Flame-Haired Queen. Perhaps. . . I should have them. I cannot be everywhere the darkness resides. There is much to be done though, and my children will have to be hearty and strong. They must be bold and industrious. Yes. . ."

As Ikino spoke, the volcanos in the Challenge Mountains churned. Beings in the shape of Ignus, their inspiration, pull themselves from the magma, crawling along, slowly hardening until they are able to stand. In front of Ikino and Ignus, a globule of magma, drawn from Ikino's holy mountain itself, stretches and groans. The new being picks itself up, standing before its god. As the magma cools, the being takes on color and form. Squat and solid, its crimson hair emerged first. Bright red eyes were set into blunt features. Muscles rippled beneath obsidian-black skin.

"These will be my children. I will call them. . . dwarves. Smaller than the forms of yourself and others, yet mighty nonetheless. This one shall be their prophet and king."

The naked dwarf, full of fury and savagery, looked to Ikino, a snarl forming on the little mortal's lips. A finger of divine fire lashes out, striking the dwarf on the brow. Cracks appear in the dwarfs skin, the light of the earth's fire pouring from them, before sealing themselves again in an arcane pattern. When the dwarf opened his eyes again, they were solid orbs of red-gold. He gazed upon Ikino and Ignus. "I am Surtur, and I live to serve you, my divine masters."

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show
    5-2 = 3 Create Populace - Dwarves. Will be outline further OOC.
    3-0 = 3 Mark Mortal - Surtur, First King and Prophet of the Dwarves
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2015-02-03 at 01:43 PM.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Deimos gave Pernieth a firm nod, smiling at the plant god. He looks at the wondrous beauty of the First Tree and its children. "I will stay for a while. And even when I leave, I promise to come back here." He says, the glow of the dream sun shining up through gaps in the branches. "Pernieth... what do you think about letting others see this place?" He looks to the plant god, watching for his response.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post

The Matron shakes her head.

"I do not know what Fear, or Doubt are. As for sleep, this activity is not unknown to me. It is a highly inefficient way to spend time, perhaps I could petition my master to come up with a different way for me to experience a nightmare? I remain mostly active and ready, but I experience your nightmare. This activity could be used to allow me to experience either dreams or nightmares of my own volition."

Nosh kneels down praying to the Visionary.

The Void, The Visionary

The Great City that is the Visionary churns into operation. Changing what reality is, and what is simply idea. The request of the Matron Mother Elev Nosh is processed and accepted. The Visionary does not simply grant this ability to his own however, but all the world. Giving each and every being the ability to actively pursue dreams or nightmares even while they wake. The Visionary gave a name to this activity with his Engines and Avatars: The Daydream.

Spoiler
    Show
    6 - 1 Create Concept (Daydreams, Daynightmares) = 5

Mother Nosh stands before the Black Praetor,

"It has been done, you must feel it. Now, give me the nightmare so my master may perfect it."

The Black Praetor felt the pulse of the Visionary. Dreams no longer ceased at waking - and no longer began by sleeping. Dreams - were now ephemeral and eternal. It was glorious and worrisome. On one hand, it meant that Demon-Kind would grow stronger and that the influence of the Sleepless Ocean shall only spread. On the other it implied a power beyond which he could scarcely imagine. Even the dream goddess could not change the world's rules in the manner displayed. It spoke of cold efficiency and inevitable power. On the third hand (and he had one left over) it left the Preator a great blueprint for a recurring nightmare to craft in the future. What made him shiver would reduce others to wrecks.

The voice inside Mother Matron's head pulsed - the Black Praetor's voice, as it were, dripped with respect, but with a little bit of condescension.

You sleep with eyes open now - but you do not feel. Let me help you.

The Demon retreated while Bishop Mirai, Father Mot and Inquisitor Carvatish approached from behind. Permission was not asked. It was assumed. They placed their long long hands on her, but not her, on her dreaming form, which enveloped her ever since she was given the power to dream while awake. A few snips here - a snap there - shears cutting a strand - a needle sowing something up.

And Mother Matron was a little bit more . . . Mortal.

The Black Praetor leaned in and whispered inside her head.

I shall give you a Nightmare Envoy, but understand this. Nightmares are the antithesis of your perfection - they are imperfection made manifest. They come from your imperfections and show them to you. They slice you into imperfect halves and leave it to yourself to grind away putting it all back together again.

Now then. . .

And he breathed into the air a Nightmare which was inhaled by Elev Nosh. A dream of failure. A dream of the Visionary's disapproval. A dream. . . . of being re-purposed.

And if she screamed, or cried out, or did nothing - it did not matter the four demons stood around her silent, and watching with sightless eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 4
    AP use 1 Nourishment(?): Mother Matron now has a complete set of standard emotions. Fear - Doubt - Awe - Joy - Wonder - Lust - Love - ETC
    AP 3
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-02-03 at 02:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth founders. The question is a monumentous one, and his voice could speak but one word, laden with meaning, and there was not one word to speak for this. He needed more. He needed a voice that could speak for him when he could not, say the things that he could not.

From the whorls and vines in his leg, a face appears, and quickly enough, a body pulls itself from Pernieth. It is decidedly female, a physical manifestation of the First Tree and Pernieth in one. She smiles at Deimos, for she comes full formed with the memories and thoughts of her creator. "I am Cassandra. I am the Speaker. Pernieth wishes to tell you that others would be welcome, but that they must honor and obey the laws of this place, the laws of nature. To take only what was needed, to never destroy without cause, and to never seek to supplant Nature's dominance over these lands."
    Spoiler: Cassandra
    Show
    For all that she spoke with clarity of purpose and precision of speech, mischief danced in Cassandra's eyes. She was a wild spirit, Nature's chaos made manifest, bound to a singular purpose but without direction outside.

Spoiler: AP
    Show

6-3: Create Avatar: Cassandra, The Speaker - Pernieth's voice in the world when he cannot speak, Cassandra could be best described as a dryad, though no such species exists and so she is the first of her kind. A chaotic spirit, she, like her creator, has a deep and abiding love for Nature and the growing things of the world. Yet for all that she speaks with Pernieth's voice, she has little of his patience.
    3AP Remaining
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-03 at 04:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Pernieth, Deimos, Cassandra - The First Tree

Deimos nodded to Cassandra. He looked her up and down. "Very well. I give you my word, than any I bring here will follow those laws. If any of them should break those laws, I bring them to justice and repair the damage they wrought." He looks to Pernieth. "I will leave for the Challenge mountains, to learn about this wonderful world. Fret not, for I shall return to this place, and I will bring with me gifts." He bowed to Pernieth, then nodded to Cassandra again before he turned and began to walk away, along the branches of the First Tree.

Minutes passed, and then hours. Hours turned to days, and days turned to a week. Finally, he reached the edge of the First Tree. He gazed out at the vast expanse of oily waters below, lit up only by the glow of the Dream Sun. Stretching his limbs, he leaped from the branches, diving towards the sea. The height was great, and it took him many moments to finally splash down into the waters of Mezzethera. The momentum carried him down into the depths, helped by the aerodynamic shape he had made with his limbs. He saw brief flashes of dream flit by, and was confused. He slowed his descent, steadying himself under the water. Deimos looked in every direction, finding nothing but inky blackness. He frowned, but finally began to swim back to the surface.

I will have to explore these waters later. He thought to himself as he broke the surface. Looking out at the horizon, he thought back to the map Pernieth had conjured from dirt. A few moments of contemplation, and he oriented himself to face the direction of Demiourgia. Shifting in the water, he began to swim with a front stroke, never stopping to breath. For many days he swam, tirelessly bringing himself closer to the coast, closer to the answers he sought.

Deimos - Demiourgia

Deimos looked into the fire dancing along the makeshift pit. A simple circle of stones, filled with bits of wood and fallen branches. Primitive it was, but effective in drying his withered frame. It seemed everywhere he went he found new beauty, from the serene scents and sights of the First Tree, to the mysterious darkness of the Ocean, to this entrancing flame. Raising his head, the Demigod of Courage looked to the night sky, watching the twinkling stars that made up the Cosmic Mother. A faint smile crept across his lips, he found comfort in those stars, even if they seemed so far away.

Deimos stood, stretching his faded limbs and stomping out the fire. He had rested enough. With one last look to the stars, Deimos turned and began the long trek to the Challenge Mountains. It would take weeks, for when one does not realize that they are a god, they aren't able to utilize the full extent of their powers. Without wings, the journey was slow, for every cliff was an obstacle and every river a blockade. Even slow progress is progress, and in time, Deimos made his way to the Challenge Mountains. No longer was he a naked humanoid of withered proportions. He now wore clothing made from hide and woven cotton, and wielded a shield made from solid oak. On his hip was a crude belt, and on the belt was a sheathed axe.

Deimos - The Challenge Mountains; Three Dragon Throne

Deimos gazed upon the three massive mountains that had served as the thrones of his eldest brothers, and inhaled deeply. "Hail, Dragon-Lords!" He shouted. "I am Deimos, and though I may not look it, I am your brother." He watched the dragons flit about on their business, and hoped one of them had heard him and bothered to pay any attention.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post

Deimos - The Challenge Mountains; Three Dragon Throne

Deimos gazed upon the three massive mountains that had served as the thrones of his eldest brothers, and inhaled deeply. "Hail, Dragon-Lords!" He shouted. "I am Deimos, and though I may not look it, I am your brother." He watched the dragons flit about on their business, and hoped one of them had heard him and bothered to pay any attention.
    "Is that so?" Indeed Deimos' call had caught the attention of one of the greater dragons, as he is confronted by one with five heads "If that were true, then you would know that you are addressing the Queen of the Dragons. State your business, for we have had too many trespassers in our lands as of late." Naturally Tiamat had not given her name yet.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-02-03 at 05:41 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Tiamat, Deimos - Challenge Mountains

Deimos bowed his head to the five-headed dragon that had answered his call. "I ask your forgiveness, Queen of Dragons, for I was born far from here. I come to learn about my brethren, and to find those who would explore this great and beautiful world with me." He looked up to Tiamat, his head held high as if he were every bit as noble as she. "I have given you my name, and I ask you of yours."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Tiamat,Deimos - Challenge Mountains

Tiamat's blue head approaches Deimos to sniff him. She does not acknowledge Deimos' claim of kinship... nor does she rebuke it either. After a long pause she says "I am Tiamat, the First Daughter. So, you wish to know about Dragons. I could show you, of course... but we have had too many enemies encroaching our lands. They are jealous of our superiority and so wish to whittle Dragonkind down. Why... the first Long Night was nothing but an attempt to kill off our kind. They have all failed of course. But we must remain ever vigilant for potential enemies."

Now it was her red head speaking "A tribute!" she says in a matter of fact tone "Yes... a fitting tribute to your elder sister! That would demonstrate without a doubt your intentions and clear any lingering suspicions!"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Tiamat, Deimos - Challenge Mountains

Deimos watched Tiamat's blue head carefully as it sniffed him, and then looked to the red head. "Unless the clothes on my back, or my weapons are a fitting tribute, then I'm afraid I have nothing to give." He said cautiously. The God of Courage had an uneasy feeling about Tiamat. His eyes darted to her other heads, sizing them up. "I have heard it differently." He says. "According to death, the one called Kyre; the Long Night was a gift, one that the world was not ready for."

He then looked back to the red head of Tiamat. "According to him, I was the offering that ended the long night." He says as a matter of fact. "He claimed that I was an egg, given to him by one called Ikino. He claimed that he nearly killed me, but cast me out of his realm to spare my life." Deimos crosses his arms, staring Tiamat in the eye. "I would not blame you for doubting me, but that is all I know. I have come here to learn more."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Tiamat & Deimos, Challenge Mountains

"You doubt my word? You'd believe the word of the one who tried to kill all life to just to prove a point over that of your sister? Use your head!"
    Tiamat''s black head snaps at Deimos "While the lesser creatures suffered and perished thanks to his... 'gift' , Dragonkind survived. And if Ikino gave you as an egg, then that was ill done, for I could not imagine my eldest brother agreeing to such a degrading appeasement. I have no doubt in my mind that he would be most interested to find out that one of our kind was offered as a sacrifice to appease the god of death, for he was tasked to guard over all the eggs. Including yours."

A smile creeps up across all five of Tiamat's head "If you have no items to offer as tribute, then simply promise me that when the time comes, you shall owe me a favor. In return I shall personally introduce you to the First of Dragons."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Tiamat, Deimos - The Challenge Mountains

Deimos eyed Tiamat's black head warily, his hand reflexively going to his hip to grab his axe. He stopped himself before he touched the weapon, of course, but the reflex was there. He mulled the offer over, a favour to Tiamat seemed harmless enough. After all, she was his sister. If you can't trust family, who can you trust? Deimos looked to her white head, then her green. He nodded. "I only know what I've been told, not if it's true." He moved his hand away from his axe, looking Tiamat in the eye. "Nevertheless, I accept your offer. I swear on my honour, I owe you a favour of your choosing."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-03 at 07:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Tiamat, Deimos Demiourgia

"The contract is sealed. Now then... allow me to demonstrate what it means to be a true dragon!"
    Declares Tiamat as she takes to the sky, grabbing Deimos in her paw. Where Deimos had to struggle to get through the mountains of Demiourgia, Tiamat had cleared them within moments leaving the Challenge Mountains behind and flying across the land at dazzling speed. Beneath him, Deimos can see the beautiful landscape, and the mundane animals seem tiny.

It doesn't take long for Tiamat to reach another mountainous region of Demiourgia. Perhaps the demon lords required their luxurious palaces, but the First of Dragons required but a cave, large enough to fit him. And it was in just such a cave that he slept.

Landing outside the cave, and placing Deimos down, Tiamat tells him "Allow me." before she begins calling into the cave "Eldest Brother!" As there is no response Tiamat calls again "Eldest Brother!" the second time something seems to be stirring within "Eldest Brother!" She calls a third time.

"What are you here for Tiamat?"
    growls a voice within the cave.

"It has been a while Eldest Brother."
    answers Tiamat without missing a beat.

"You are forbidden to even come here Tiamat... you should leave now!"
    A pair of golden eyes, radiating power shine within the darkness of the cave.

"I am hurt Eldest Brother. For I come bearing news which I feel would be of great interest to you."
    The creature within the cave does not answer, and thus the five headed dragon continues "For you see, I come with proof that your unwillingness to appeal to our mother during the Longest Night has cost our kind a greater deal than you had anticipated..."

"Leave!"
    commands the roar from the cave causing it to tremble.

Smiling Tiamat continues "I feel that all this could have been avoided. Or perhaps do you intend to allow anyone to trample over our kind when..."

"Leave! And do not interfere again with matters that do not concern you!"
    The cave erupts as the creature within, a dragon far larger than Tiamat emerges to confront her "Or is it truly your aim to make Bahamut angry?" roars the King of the Dragons enraged, the very earth shaking as he speaks. Little could Deimos know of the tensions between Tiamat and Bahamut that had resulted from the First Long Night. For none could anger Bahamut as the way Tiamat could, who took a sadistic pleasure in doing so.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-02-03 at 07:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Tiamat, Bahamut, Deimos - Demiourgia

Deimos marvelled at the sights that rushed along below him as Tiamat flew swiftly over the mountains. Truly, everywhere in this world was magnificent. All too quickly, he was set down on a cold stone ridge, the exhilaration fading quickly as Bahamut roared in anger. Were all of his siblings so extreme? Tiamat had an uneasy aura about her, the way she carried herself belied a scheming personality, but Bahamut was something completely different. Where the Queen of Dragons was sly, Bahamut seemed full of pride and wrath. Again, Deimos's hand drew near to his axe, and again he stopped himself from drawing a weapon on his distant kin. "Forgive me, Eldest Brother, but I do not believe it was her intention to anger you." He spoke up, waving to catch the Platinum Dragon's attention. "It was I who asked to see you. She was just kind enough to show me here."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-02-03 at 07:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Bahamut, Tiamat & Deimos, Demiourgia

Bahamut hears Deimos words, and lowers his head towards him "Eldest Brother?" he asks. The King of Dragons is still very agitated, as he demands "And who are you to make a claim of kinship?" Deimos will notice that Tiamat has taken a few steps back. Perhaps she was showing respect to the First Born of the Dragons... or perhaps she wanted to make sure that she wouldn't be close to Bahamut if something goes wrong. Who knows?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Bahamut, Tiamat, and Deimos - Demiourgia

Deimos locked gazes with Bahamut, bowing his head out of respect. "I am Deimos, Dragon of the Long Night. I hatched in a dark place, far from here. All I know is that a being calling itself Kyre claims to have received my egg as an offering from a being it called 'Ikino'. My birth was hard, and I realize that I look nothing like you or the rest of our kin, but I am a Dragon." He speaks firmly, not backing down. His left hand is on his hip, near his axe. Should anything go wrong, he would fight as best he could.