New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tarrasque, good foe for tier 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
    What are you talking about? The Tarrasque is not aquatic.
    Kingdoms of Kalamar, that settings Tarrasque is Aquatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

That may have been what you intended to write, but what you actually wrote was claiming that the Tarrasque was aquatic in any setting except Kingdoms of Kalamar, hence my confusion.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

So i did. Wow that was some bad comma placement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is there any reason why loading several hundred doses of Aboleth Mucus into a catapult wouldn't work?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    He that lives by the plot armour dies by the sword of dramatic necessity, and will be remembered only by the continuity wraiths that haunt the foothills of narrative under the shadow of the of the mountains of authorial intent.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The bigger the naga, though, the more chance of a reversal. Some fights, you'll Power Attack with your Naga. Some fights, the Naga will Power Attack with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Until someone strafes your castle with jars of Universal Solvent.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Why wouldn't a single dose be enough? I forgot it allows a save.
    And yes, it would work.
    Last edited by Andezzar; 2015-01-31 at 09:53 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Magical beasts eat sleep and breathe, the Tarrasque is a magical beast, ergo it breathes. The Tarrasque does not have the aquatic or amphibious subtype, so it does not breathe under water.

[rules lawyering]Now you can make that point moot as the rules do not indicate the frequency of eating sleeping or breathing for any creature. So it may take a long time until the Tarrasque needs to do any of those again[/rules lawyering]
    The question is whether it floats and thus could be killed by chucking it in a non-infinite swimming pool, and in that case lung capacity (and my ignorance of that of reptiles) matters.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    The question is whether it floats and thus could be killed by chucking it in a non-infinite swimming pool, and in that case lung capacity (and my ignorance of that of reptiles) matters.
    With that STR score the Tarrasque has no problem swimming. So given the unknown lung capacity it can either swim to any existing surface or it cannot depending on GM fiat. With the regeneration and high Fort save only very deep waters will become a problem.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

With that STR score the Tarrasque has no problem swimming. So given the unknown lung capacity it can either swim to any existing surface or it cannot depending on GM fiat. With the regeneration and high Fort save only very deep waters will become a problem.
    EXcept that after a certain number of rounds it drowns and goes unconscious. If at that point it sinks we're fine. If it doesn't, we're screwed.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

1) Time-Stop, maximized.

2) Multiple Walls of Stone, entrapping Big T with too much thickness for him to make the break DC.

3) Let him drown in solid stone.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Belial_the_Leveler View Post
    1) Time-Stop, maximized.

2) Multiple Walls of Stone, entrapping Big T with too much thickness for him to make the break DC.

3) Let him drown in solid stone.
    how would that increase the DC? wouldn't it just be the same per wall, so even if you put three on each side it still the same DC to break the walls one by one?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

1) Walls of stone merge into adjoining rock surfaces. If you got 5 of them in a row, you don't have 5 walls each 5 inches thick but a single wall 25 inches thick.

2) Walls of stone can be shaped to entrap opponents. Coat Big T with the first wall, then the first with the second, the second with the third and so on and so forth. It's a DC 70 strength check to breat out of a quintuple layer which nobody save Superman or a sufficiently buffed CoDzilla could succeed in.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

12. - Top - End - #102

oh ya, sorry you are right. lol

13. - Top - End - #103

1) Walls of stone merge into adjoining rock surfaces. If you got 5 of them in a row, you don't have 5 walls each 5 inches thick but a single wall 25 inches thick.

2) Walls of stone can be shaped to entrap opponents. Coat Big T with the first wall, then the first with the second, the second with the third and so on and so forth. It's a DC 70 strength check to breat out of a quintuple layer which nobody save Superman or a sufficiently buffed CoDzilla could succeed in.
    actually that one class in the Dragon Magazine with cronos in it could.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Colossus in the Playground

It's a DC 70 strength check to breat out of a quintuple layer which nobody save Superman or a sufficiently buffed CoDzilla could succeed in.
    Nothing is stopping Big T from simply bashing the stone until he breaks through. Stone only has hardness 8, meaning that every single one of the tarrasque's natural attacks is effective. It is impossible to miss the wall, so he can augment his attacks with Power Attack and will be out of there in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

15. - Top - End - #105

kinda what i was thinking too, it taking a full attack would pretty much remove a large chunk. legendary dreadnought was the class i was thinking of lol

16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

1) Use Trap the Soul on big T.

2) Expend the resulting soul-gem as a spellcasting component.

3) Enjoy bragging rights for permanently and irrevocably (bar time-travel) getting rid of an "unkillable" monster.
    Speaking of which, any chance of seeing those Rovagug stats you were using over in the Challenge thread? Having read into Pathfinder's take on Big T and his connections to Rovagug, I think your perspective on "unkillable" monsters is very interesting.