New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default stealing from 5.0

Ok my players do not want to play 5.0 until more material is released by my warlock player has mentioned wishing some of the eldritch invocation existed in our game. Can they directly be swapped into 3.5, it seems so but maybe i am missing something.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: stealing from 5.0

This would be a very case-by-case thing. Give it a try, and reserve the right to tell him to change it if it proves game-breaking.

It should be feasible to adapt most of the Invocations to 3.5; how much work needs doing to manage it is another question.

3. - Top - End - #3

Ok i will remember that.
    second question, the pact of blade feature, would it be feasible to make it a ACF?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by j_spencer93 View Post
    Ok i will remember that.
    second question, the pact of blade feature, would it be feasible to make it a ACF?
    I believe the pact of blade feature could quite easily be duplicated with either the item familiar or ancestral relic feats (probably remove the good requirement from ancestral relic, I always found that a bit silly).
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

5. - Top - End - #5

I agree that it could be honestly. Looking the feature over i am pretty sure item familiar actually does its job so that one will be a no.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Stealing the improved spring attack/pseudopounce from makes martials infinitely better.
    Copy this to your signature if you love Jade_Tarem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A 20th-level fighter should be able to break rainbows in half with their bare hands and then dual-wield the parts of the rainbow.

Dual-wield the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.

7. - Top - End - #7

improved spring attack? psuedopounce?
    I think i missed those or something.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

In 5th edition, everyone can move and full attack in the same around. It's a decently common houserule in 3.5, as well, from what I've seen.

In any case, for Pact of the Blade, I'd change Hideous Blow to not be utterly terrible, and then combine it with Ancestral Relic. Something like this:

Pact of the Blade
    Prerequisites: Hideous Blow invocation, character level 3rd
    Benefit: You have bound a weapon to your soul (either by your own efforts or as a gift). This weapon can be "drawn" out of thin air as a swift action, or as part of the Hideous Blow invocation. This weapon is treated as an ancestral relic (see the Book of Exalted Deeds) for the purposes of enchanting it with sacrificed items. If your pact weapon leaves your hand for more than 1 minute, it dissipates back from whence it came, and must be summoned again to be used.
    In addition, when you use Hideous Blow, you are treated as if you had a Base Attack Bonus equal to your Warlock caster level, and if you so choose, can use the invocation as a full-round action to make a full attack, gaining iterative attacks based on your new BAB as normal.

So now you've got a gish-in-a-can feat, and the pact of the blade fluff to go with it.

9. - Top - End - #9

i actually like that. been finding alot of homebrew lately (mostly posted on here...wonder why?) that i like lol think this is basically exactly what he wanted anyways.
    Oh and would enabling move and full attack break the game or just not make melee look so bad?
    Last edited by j_spencer93; 2015-01-29 at 12:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

It wouldn't really break the game. Overall, most competently-built martial characters manage to get some way to move and full attack anyway, be it through swift action teleports, or travel devotion, or one of the many sources of pounce... It'd make life easier for most characters, freeing up resources to spend on more fun things.

Course, if you apply it to monsters as well, many of them get much more lethal, by sheer weight of attack numbers.

11. - Top - End - #11

ya was thinking that about monsters. some of them being able to move and full attack is really scary.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Personally, I'd give it to the players and maybe some NPCs, but only to monsters on a case-by-case/boss monster basis, or something.

13. - Top - End - #13

think i will do that and see how it works.