New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default Amazing monsters a wizard can create?

Looking for amazing creatures the wizard can create. Not summon, not enslave, create, like effigies, golems, etc. Size is also a factor since my DM is nit picky about huge creatures fitting inside caves. I'm interested in the strongest creature for the CL, and the strongest medium creature, and the strongest large creature for the CL. I already had a thread on different ways to get soldiers (animal training), but right now I'm only interested in created servants.

Also, getting the highest CL possible at a super low level is a different topic, which is why my lists are organized in caster level rather than character level.

CL5-CL12: 5-12 headed Hydra Effigy. Can't beat their move-and-attack-x-times.

CL7:
    Red Dragon Effigy. Medium effigy with 5 attacks per round.

CL8:
    Gold Dragon Effigy. Medium effigy with 5 attacks per round.

CL10:
    Young Adult Gold Dragon skeleton. Strongest dragon you can animate without Draconomicon.

CL14:
    Greater Stone Golem.

CL16:
    Max HD Iron Golem.
    Runic Guardian for a free 7th level or lower spell. Simulacrum and permanency are amazing candidates.

CL17:
    Max HD Shadesteel Golem. Cast a shadow evocation continual flame on it for a permanent hasted golem with regeneration equal to the shadow evocation, so with heighten spell, 9hp/sec.

CL21:
    Great Wyrm Gold Dragon Skeleton/Zombie. Strongest dragon you can animate with Draconomicon. Zombie if you want flight and breath weapon.

CL35:
    Max HD Iron Colossus. The strongest construct in the game I think. Can stand its own against most of the epic level monsters, like abominations and dragons.

Other:

• Spellstitched Undead. Spells up to 6th level or lower for free. Problem is creature needs high WIS, meaning they're intelligent, sentient, and aren't under your control without diplomacy-related stuff. Or mind control.
    • Ice Assassin. Nuff said.
    Last edited by RoboEmperor; 2015-01-31 at 03:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Amazing monsters a wizard can create?

With Seed: Life you can create anything and everything.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Aegis View Post
    With Seed: Life you can create anything and everything.
    Mind you: It doesn't have to actually ever be created, because with Seed: Transform, you can turn anything into anything, permanently, for a much more reasonable DC.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Pathfinder has the Pathfinder's Greatcoat wondrous item. It's a variant Robe of Many Pockets, but one of the pockets is a horse. Not replicating the effects of Mount, an actual living horse.

You can craft it as soon as you can cast Fabricate (level 9 for a wizard) which is the quickest and easiest way in 3.PF to create a living intelligent creature.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

ice assassin of [Insert Name]
    get a fingernail of it from Spell Component Pouch

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

You could create a fully functional "100% real" monster using the Shadow epic seed from LEoF.

Albeit, the spell would have a duration (normally 1 hour) and is not instantaneous.

"...and at all times it remains under your absolute command."
    Last edited by Andion Isurand; 2015-01-31 at 01:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

mechonomicon // necromantic oddities

Constructwise I'm greatly partial to sardorian golems (preferably made into Knowledge sacred guardians) and scouring stanchions. Undeadwise I'm partial to dread warriors.
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-01-31 at 04:07 AM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)