New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211

Default Re: Pathfinder: Apprentices of the Craft (IC)

The fact he was the first to arrive honestly didn’t surprise Arcantos too much, and he decided the best bet would be to simply take a seat at one of the empty tables and wait for everyone else to turn up. Waiting wasn’t too bad, especially as the chances of people turning up was actually pretty high this time around. Unlike some previous experiences a few years ago... he wasn't as gullible anymore.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

"Um, okay," said Caliara. She hadn't been to many taverns before and wasn't really sure what they were like; she wasn't sure the inn she'd spent the past few years in really qualified since it had been a lot more like a house than any kind of tavern. "What's it like?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

"Almost everything. Only two of the batteries were finished, but everything else is in there." Nicole kneels down to open her pack and place the items she had stowed in there back inside the crate. She nods towards the machine. "I don't recognize anything else about that thing, but I recognize the bellows. Is it some kind of forge?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Erlerion slowly walks around the device, looking at it from multiple angles, trying to figure out what it is.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smileybastard View Post
    Fenzen

Fenzen nods and smiles. "I would be honored to help."
    Enlil nods approvingly at his apprentice's eagerness to help.

"Was there anything else you needed, Miralia? Would you like to stay for dinner? I'm sure Leana would be happy to set another place for you."

"Thank you, Enlil, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. Lothiel and I already have plans for the evening, so I can't stay long."

"I understand. It was good to see you again. You and Lothiel should join us for dinner sometime soon. It seems there is rarely time for us to talk anymore." Enlil nodded, dipping his head in a slight bow of farewell.

Miralia replied in kind with a shallow curtsy. "I shall speak with Lothiel about arranging it." She turns to Fenzen. "And it was nice to meet you, as well. I hope you learn much from my brother."

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestfury View Post
    The fact he was the first to arrive honestly didn’t surprise Arcantos too much, and he decided the best bet would be to simply take a seat at one of the empty tables and wait for everyone else to turn up. Waiting wasn’t too bad, especially as the chances of people turning up was actually pretty high this time around. Unlike some previous experiences a few years ago... he wasn't as gullible anymore.
    Once he had found a seat, a green-haired gnome girl arrived, smiling at him. "What'll ya have?"

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    "Um, okay," said Caliara. She hadn't been to many taverns before and wasn't really sure what they were like; she wasn't sure the inn she'd spent the past few years in really qualified since it had been a lot more like a house than any kind of tavern. "What's it like?"
    Eileia paused, contemplating how to answer. "Well, it's usually a pretty lively place. It's a favorite of the dwarves, though there's usually a pretty good mix. They usually have entertainers, their food's pretty good, and they've got some of the best drinks in the city."

Quote Originally Posted by Kintua View Post
    "Almost everything. Only two of the batteries were finished, but everything else is in there." Nicole kneels down to open her pack and place the items she had stowed in there back inside the crate. She nods towards the machine. "I don't recognize anything else about that thing, but I recognize the bellows. Is it some kind of forge?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Erlerion slowly walks around the device, looking at it from multiple angles, trying to figure out what it is.
    Umber adjusts her thick glasses, smiling enthusiastically. "Oh my, oh my! Very perceptive! Very perceptive! Indeed, I have been trying to devise a more efficient forge model! My hope is to automate the smelting process to increase production output. Once it is finished, this machine will be able to automatically produce bars of metal from just the raw materials. Yes indeed!"

She rummages through the box. "A shame not all the batteries are finished, but this will be a great help. A great help! I'm almost finished, you see, and I'm hoping to have it ready for the Great Fair this autumn."

She looks at the two apprentices. "Oh, but please, don't tell anyone of this. It needs to remain secret until the fair, or else someone else might try to copy the idea. It would be most disastrous. Most disastrous indeed!"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Erlerion nods, still looking all over the machine.
    This is fascinating! How long did it take you to get this far?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Caliara wasn't too sure how she felt about it being 'lively,' but she supposed her master probably knew how taverns and things worked better than she did. "It sounds...nice. Which way is it?" she asked.

8. - Top - End - #218

“I’ll just have some water for now please, I’ll make a proper order when my friends have arrived.” Arcantos informed the gnome with a small smile, hoping his lack of order wasn’t taken as an insult... especially as he had explained why he only asked for water. It felt rude to the others if he ordered without waiting on anymore... manners was very important for the bastard.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fenzen

Fenzen nods. "Nice to meet you as well."
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

"Oh, my lips are sealed. It's incredible!" Nicole starts limping around the device, trying to get a better idea of how it functions. "How much will it be able to produce compared to someone working a more standard forge?"

11. - Top - End - #221

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Erlerion nods, still looking all over the machine.
    This is fascinating! How long did it take you to get this far?
    "Oh, my lips are sealed. It's incredible!" Nicole starts limping around the device, trying to get a better idea of how it functions. "How much will it be able to produce compared to someone working a more standard forge?"
    Umber beams with pride. "Oh, I've been working on this for a long time. A long time! I began the main assembly about a year ago, but I have been developing the various components for much longer, oh yes! I am not sure about the actual output yet. Not sure at all! Once I have it fully constructed and working, I will be able to measure its speed and efficiency. Yes, yes, once it is finished, we shall see. I estimate it should be a bit slower than the average smith, and a great master like Dorin would have no trouble outpacing it, should he wish to turn his talents to the most mundane of refining jobs. However, running the machine should require almost no training, and could be done by nearly anyone, oh yes! And it would not get tired! No no! It will run all day and night without stopping, freeing the skilled laborers to tasks worthy of their abilities!"

She seems giddy with excitement. She's practically shaking, and shifting her weight from one foot to the other as though barely able to contain herself. "However, I must return to work right away! With these components, I can complete the main assemblies and get everything ready for when those batteries are finished. Yes yes!"

Caliara wasn't too sure how she felt about it being 'lively,' but she supposed her master probably knew how taverns and things worked better than she did. "It sounds...nice. Which way is it?" she asked.
    "Oh, it's not too far. Just at the edge of the Smith's Circle. I'll take you!" With that, she smiles and begins to head for the door.

“I’ll just have some water for now please, I’ll make a proper order when my friends have arrived.” Arcantos informed the gnome with a small smile, hoping his lack of order wasn’t taken as an insult... especially as he had explained why he only asked for water. It felt rude to the others if he ordered without waiting on anymore... manners was very important for the bastard.
    The gnome girl smiles and nods. "Sure thing! Just let me know when you're ready!" She moves away, her hips swaying a little. It's pretty obvious why she was chosen for the job, as a number of the patrons give her admiring looks as she passes by.

Fenzen

Fenzen nods. "Nice to meet you as well."
    Her farewells said, the noblewoman leaves. Enlil turns to his apprentice. "Well, Fenzen, you were eager to start work on a composite bow. This seems like a good chance for you to try your hand. Though ceremonial, these bows need to be fully functional and high-quality. I'll work out the details for the decorative aspects with my sister later, but if you wish to begin working, you may. You are still free to do as you choose, however, and are not obligated to begin immediately."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Erlerion, The Incendiary Artisan

Erlerion nods.
    We'll let you get back to work. It was a pleasure to meet you, ma'am.
    He turns back towards the door to leave

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

13. - Top - End - #223

Being a male, Arcantos’ eyes did drop down a bit when the gnome girl walked away, but he turned away soon enough. Shaking his head with a small grin to himself. She was a pretty girl, Arcantos would admit that... but well, she was a gnome, and a little... small for Arcantos to really be interested in. Reminded him to much of a young girl for it to not be very strange.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

"Oh, of course. We'll get out of your hair. Ready to head to the Arm and Hammer, Erlerion?" Nicole makes sure to shut the door behind her as she leaves, just the way she found it.

15. - Top - End - #225

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Erlerion, The Incendiary Artisan

Erlerion nods.
    We'll let you get back to work. It was a pleasure to meet you, ma'am.
    He turns back towards the door to leave
    "Oh, of course. We'll get out of your hair. Ready to head to the Arm and Hammer, Erlerion?" Nicole makes sure to shut the door behind her as she leaves, just the way she found it.
    As Nicole and Erlerion make their way up the stairs and back into the main shop, they can hear Dorin speaking. "This reminds me of the time I once played cards with Cayden Cailean and Nivi Rhombodazzle. I..."

"We know, you've told us that story a dozen times," Mari interrupted, rolling her eyes.

"Well, I'll tell it to ye again if ye don't go get somethin' tae eat!"

This finally seemed to motivate the halfling and, with a long sigh and another roll of her eyes, she began to pack up her tools. Looking to the two younger apprentices, Mari said, "Don't wait for me. I don't really like the Arm and Hammer. Too noisy for me. I'll find somewhere else to eat."

Dorin gave a look of defeat. "Yer a fine smith, Mari. I don't know how I failed ye so much as yer master."

Mari did smile, just a little, at what seemed to be a private joke.

Once out in the street, Nicole and Erlerion had an easy time of things, and soon found themselves approaching the Arm and Hammer. Less than a block away, however, they couldn't help but notice an odd group of people loitering along one side of the street. They were remarkable for their especially rough, simple, undyed clothing and their shaved heads. They might be beggars or monks, but they definitely seem to be gathering for some reason. Still, they didn't look terribly friendly, and turned their backs away from the two apprentices as they passed.

Erlerion noticed a glint of steel, hidden amongst the clothing of the bystanders. It seems these people are armed, but don't want others to know, as they are trying to conceal their weapons.

At almost the same time, Caliara and Eilea approached the tavern from a cross street. Recognizing the new apprentices from earlier in the day, Eilea gives them a friendly wave and a smile.

Being a male, Arcantos’ eyes did drop down a bit when the gnome girl walked away, but he turned away soon enough. Shaking his head with a small grin to himself. She was a pretty girl, Arcantos would admit that... but well, she was a gnome, and a little... small for Arcantos to really be interested in. Reminded him to much of a young girl for it to not be very strange.
    Through the main front windows, Arcantos can see the blonde Half-Elf and her Undine apprentice. The half-elf waves, and then Caliara and Erlerion also become visible on the other side of the windows.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Erlerion, the Incendiary Artisan

Seeing the men with their weapons, Erlerion picks up his pace a little bit, aiming to angle Nicole between himself and the group. He may be in the guild now, but who knows if that would stop the men who were after him? They might be worried he'd talk, and want to finish him off all the faster now.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Andrian View Post
    Her farewells said, the noblewoman leaves. Enlil turns to his apprentice. "Well, Fenzen, you were eager to start work on a composite bow. This seems like a good chance for you to try your hand. Though ceremonial, these bows need to be fully functional and high-quality. I'll work out the details for the decorative aspects with my sister later, but if you wish to begin working, you may. You are still free to do as you choose, however, and are not obligated to begin immediately."
    Fenzen

Fenzen nods. "I am ready to start anytime you wish."
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

18. - Top - End - #228

Through the main front windows, Arcantos can see the blonde Half-Elf and her Undine apprentice. The half-elf waves, and then Caliara and Erlerion also become visible on the other side of the windows.
    “Ah good, I’m not going to be waiting long.” Arcantos thinks to himself with a smile, sitting back and keeping an eye on everyone though the windows, waiting for them to come through the door. No point in having them wait around trying to look for him when he could just wave them over after all. Arcantos not knowing of the crowd outside.... and his musket was in his room.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

Nicole doesn't notice that the group of people are armed, but she does notice Erlerion's sudden nervousness. She does her best to stand up straight while still keeping pace with him to better hide him from whatever it is that's startled him.

She waves back at Eilea when she sees her, returning the friendly smile before pulling open the tavern door.

20. - Top - End - #230

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Erlerion, the Incendiary Artisan

Seeing the men with their weapons, Erlerion picks up his pace a little bit, aiming to angle Nicole between himself and the group. He may be in the guild now, but who knows if that would stop the men who were after him? They might be worried he'd talk, and want to finish him off all the faster now.
    “Ah good, I’m not going to be waiting long.” Arcantos thinks to himself with a smile, sitting back and keeping an eye on everyone though the windows, waiting for them to come through the door. No point in having them wait around trying to look for him when he could just wave them over after all. Arcantos not knowing of the crowd outside.... and his musket was in his room.
    Nicole doesn't notice that the group of people are armed, but she does notice Erlerion's sudden nervousness. She does her best to stand up straight while still keeping pace with him to better hide him from whatever it is that's startled him.

She waves back at Eilea when she sees her, returning the friendly smile before pulling open the tavern door.
    The group of unusual people seems to ignore the passers-by. Eilea gives them a suspicious look, but doesn't mention them. She follows Nicole and Erlerion into the tavern, thanking Nicole for opening the door and almost dragging Caliara behind her.

Seeing Arcantos sitting at an empty table, she comments, "Seems this place is a popular place for new apprentices." Then her gaze falls on a woman sitting at the bar, and her eyes light up. "You know what, I'll catch up with you all later. I need to go talk to someone." With that, the blue-robed half-elf makes her way across the taproom and sits down beside the other woman, striking up a lively conversation.

Fenzen

Fenzen nods. "I am ready to start anytime you wish."
    Enlil nods back. "As I said, it's up to you." With that, the Paladin returns to his workshop to resume his work.

As soon as Fenzen moves, he steps on something. (DC 15 Reflex Save)
    Spoiler: Success
    Show
    Fenzen feels the object beneath his foot and is able to react in time. He finds an earring made of an elaborate pattern of golden wires. It's safe to guess the lady dropped it while she was here.

Spoiler: Failure
    Show
    Fenzen steps down and feels something deform under his foot as he puts his weight down. Beneath it, he finds the crumpled remains of an golden earring made of interwoven golden wires. Though now warped and bent, the quality of the craftsmanship is still obvious. It's safe to assume the lady must have dropped it.

21. - Top - End - #231

An astute observation that got a nod and a smile from Arcantos, though he was a little surprised when Eilea decided to go and strike up conversation with someone else... though he just shrugged mentally and waved the over apprentices over, saying. “Come on, don’t be shy take a seat. Plenty of room for all of us here.” Sides, he was a little hungry...

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Erlerion Filantian, the Incendiary Artisan

Erlerion slides into a chair, taking a few deep breathes to calm himself. He shoots a glances at the door before returning his attention to Arcantos.
    So, did we miss anything interesting?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

23. - Top - End - #233

Fenzen

Fenzen immediately tries t shift his weight off whatever he stepped on.
    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

Reflex roll (1d20+4)[20]

24. - Top - End - #234

Fenzen

Carefull Fenzen picks up the earring and checks it then takes it to Enlil. He shows him the earring. "I think your sister dropped this."

25. - Top - End - #235

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Fenzen

Carefull Fenzen picks up the earring and checks it then takes it to Enlil. He shows him the earring. "I think your sister dropped this."
    Enlil nods, pleased at Fenzen's honesty in bringing this to his attention. "Yes, that looks like hers. Perhaps if you hurry you'll be able to return it to her."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Still waiting on the others at the tavern, so I'll respond to Erlerion and Arcantos once I get replies from the others.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Caliara sat down rather awkwardly in the chair at first, not particularly relaxing, but answered Erlerion. "Well, there seems to be a wedding happening in a month of so," she said, before looking a little startled. "Oh...I hope I wasn't meant to keep that secret."
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2015-05-30 at 03:25 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237

Fenzen

Enlil nods, pleased at Fenzen's honesty in bringing this to his attention. "Yes, that looks like hers. Perhaps if you hurry you'll be able to return it to her."
    Fenzen nods and heads out the door at a trot after Miralia, earring in hand.
    Last edited by Smileybastard; 2015-05-30 at 07:23 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238

“A wedding? Neat.” Arcantos said smiling enthusiastically. Marriages were always fun times, not only was it a celebration, but it was a unison of two people and the romantic inside of Arcantos always wished the two the best of luck with their new life and new relationship. Still, that was in a month or so, and Arcantos decided to say. “A little happened something myself, but I think I’ll wait for Nicole to arrive, she knows the whole story anyway.”

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

Nicole thumps down in a chair across the table right on cue. "You mean the little half-elf who managed to pick your pocket? That certainly was a little something." She takes her coat off and slings it over the back of her chair as she settles into her spot.

30. - Top - End - #240

DwarfBarbarianGuy

An astute observation that got a nod and a smile from Arcantos, though he was a little surprised when Eilea decided to go and strike up conversation with someone else... though he just shrugged mentally and waved the over apprentices over, saying. “Come on, don’t be shy take a seat. Plenty of room for all of us here.” Sides, he was a little hungry...
    Erlerion Filantian, the Incendiary Artisan

Erlerion slides into a chair, taking a few deep breathes to calm himself. He shoots a glances at the door before returning his attention to Arcantos.
    So, did we miss anything interesting?
    Caliara sat down rather awkwardly in the chair at first, not particularly relaxing, but answered Erlerion. "Well, there seems to be a wedding happening in a month of so," she said, before looking a little startled. "Oh...I hope I wasn't meant to keep that secret."
    “A wedding? Neat.” Arcantos said smiling enthusiastically. Marriages were always fun times, not only was it a celebration, but it was a unison of two people and the romantic inside of Arcantos always wished the two the best of luck with their new life and new relationship. Still, that was in a month or so, and Arcantos decided to say. “A little happened something myself, but I think I’ll wait for Nicole to arrive, she knows the whole story anyway.”
    Nicole thumps down in a chair across the table right on cue. "You mean the little half-elf who managed to pick your pocket? That certainly was a little something." She takes her coat off and slings it over the back of her chair as she settles into her spot.
    As if on cue, Roux appears, emerging from the crowd with a big smile. "Hey, I'm not that little!"

Over at the bar, Eilea has a glass in her hand and seems to already be well-lubricated socially.

Fenzen

Fenzen nods and heads out the door at a trot after Miralia, earring in hand.
    Fenzen can see the tall elf just rounding a corner a couple of blocks away. Chasing after her, he's finally able to catch up with her just outside a lively tavern with a signboard depicting an arm holding a hammer hanging over the entrance. A group of suspicious-looking people are standing to one side of the street.