New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Peebles' Perfectly Pointless Popular Prattle - Random Banter #211

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I spent three hours dusting and cleaning up the . . . dust and grime from a collapsed ceiling today! I choked on dust four times and sneezed seven times. I also did about three-quarters of the work whilst the Sister did the rest. I'm very good at quickly cleaning dust. And doing the dishes. And putting away bedding in drawers-under-beds. And carrying two heavy bedside tables very narrow stairs that also had one of those support railings on the other side. And moving a bed-with-electric-motor around a full ninety degrees. And moving a chest of drawers almost as large as I am across a room. And turning a wardrobe around. And dusting an extraordinarily dusty light shade.
    For the record, if a one hundred and forty year old lathe and plaster ceiling collapses in the middle of the night it takes a good three months for the dust to settle properly, and there'll be loads of it everywhere even if the house is hoovered daily and the least used rooms are shut off.
    For the record, that much dust means that you'd better wash out your rag a good half a dozen times or you'll end up smearing dust-water over the paintings in the hallway. Totes didn't do this, because I can think ahead. Sometimes.
    For the record, hanging out with your Gran over lunch and chatting about the idiocies of travel - and the peeves of People Who Drive - is pretty awesome.
    Ooof, sounds tedious. Was the ceiling collapse recent? The "three months" parts sounds like hyperbole, but my hunch is too ambiguous...

And then, because it was still raining, and it always rains when I get my hair cut I decided that Fate wanted me to have a hair cut. Today. So I went to TKD Brother's barber's because they don't need appointments and are cheap; they also have a part-time cat so I got to cuddle while I waited. I have a full on pixie now, and I think they used one of those razor scissor things. It's basically the girl version of short back and sides, two inches on top except I think mine might be three inches along the fringe.
    I second Thu's request. Pics?

I wonder if I should specify Britlander as Britlander English, Troglander English etc. when I'm discussing linguistic quirks. Hmmm.
    Perhaps you can call them Britlandish and Troglandian.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Also, I am reminded of a certain image.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It kinda lost my interest a third way into it. Everything just turns into "take two barely descriptive words, add two non-sense words before or after them and then flip a coin for each word to decide if you should suffix a 'y' to it or not"...

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Why are people explicitly talking about swoodleypooping? Isn't that blatantly against the rules?

Or is it like driving 5MPH above the speed-limit in America, in that everyone does it so the cops/mods ignore it?
    Talking about sex on a cursory level isn't against the board rules, it's "Explicit sexuality" (direct quote from the forum rules) which is. Talking about words which are synonyms to "sex" should fall under the former.

Also, when making statements about whether something is within or against the rules, it's generally a good idea to look them up before posting. I almost made that mistake myself...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2015-03-28 at 10:51 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Orc in the Playground

Nerdfighteria represent!

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Talking about sex on a cursory level isn't against the board rules, it's "Explicit sexuality" (direct quote from the forum rules) which is. Talking about words which are synonyms to "sex" should fall under the former.

Also, when making statements about whether something is within or against the rules, it's generally a good idea to look them up before posting. I almost made that mistake myself...
    I presume that's why we're allowed to have LGBT threads. As long as nobody posts their erotic OOTS slash fiction or fanart, we're good (I think).

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. I've been ready to fall in bed since 8pm, but I had to pack stuff, be in the sauna, yadda yadda... Oh, what a tough life I have.

Happily, Mr. Man has returned from his work placement in Italy and life is relatively back to normal again.

Though I hate everything Italian now.

I'm so full of Italy.
    Ugh.
    Stupid place.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Wow. I've been ready to fall in bed since 8pm, but I had to pack stuff, be in the sauna, yadda yadda... Oh, what a tough life I have.

Happily, Mr. Man has returned from his work placement in Italy and life is relatively back to normal again.

I'm so full of Italy.
    Ugh.
    Stupid place.
    Well...I'm glad things are going well at the end? I don't know if this is a net positive or not

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I say do some test recordings on Morrowind to see if you can fix it. If you can't fix it, move to Fable.

Only advice I have on fixing it is maybe try Morrowind when it's in Windowed mode? Fullscreen can mess up with recording stuff sometimes.
    I shall do so, though I need to see how to run it in Window mode. Interestingly, my computer automatically records Morrowind in Windowed setting, even when I set it to do otherwise.

I'm so full of Italy.
    Ugh.
    Stupid place.
    Exactly how much Italy is full of it?

Though yay for life returning to normal, and also woohoo saunas. ^_^
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Firbolg in the Playground

Like many terms that don't have an obvious meaning (see: sideburns), I strongly suspect it's short for something - and a quick bit of googling reveals that "bangs" is short for "bang-off", which is apparently a straight cut across at the front. And now I can claim I've learned something today!

Also, I am reminded of a certain image.
    Spoiler
    Show
    'Bang-off'? Languages, you are all so weird.
    As for the pic, it was funny for a bit, then just got dull. As someone who's actually hung out with people who could easily fit into the Upper-Class Brit stereotype (complete with a few receding chins and memberships of the university Conservative Club) I can say there are far stranger and real British slang terms than those made up ones there.
    Complete with plummy RP accents.

I mean, it was obvious we were talking about English here, I guess. I think we'd all catch on pretty quick that you were talking about something different if you moved on to Welsh or Creole or something.
    But not when referring to distinct dialects of English though. So Troglandese/Troglander English/etc. would be for General American English and so on.
    Now, I've actually spoken about Welsh before, and creole languages in general, but never Creole specifically. Perhaps this should be rectified?

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    What, you don't think that Americans talk about banging out? Even if it started out British, we've naturalized that expression quite handily.
    'Banging out'? Languages, you are so weird.
    Hooray for linguistic osmosis though.

It's a over the top britishism, like that meme of a picture of a guy from Blackadder(?) and a list of things that Britlanders call differently from Troglanders, starting with stuff like chips vs. fries and crisps vs. chips and then descends into silliness such as guns vs. rooty tooty point and shooties.

So to follow convention it'd be a picture of a foppish English Nobleman from Blackadder(?) accompanied by the line "My face when Americans call swaddelypooping 'banging'"
    Yep. That's Hugh Laurie as Prince George from Blackadder III. That'd be the Prince George of the Regency Period, not the many, many other Prince Georges. Seriously, British monarchs need to start adding a little variety to their names. They're all Henrys, Edwards, Georges, James and Williams. And a couple Elizabeths, Marys, Annes and a Victoria. And possibly a Matilda, depending on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I usually just go to to a hairdresser and say:
    "cut this... somehow."
    Frankly I think that once most men get past a certain age they all revert to the same hairstyle: short back and sides, two inches on top. Add in a few variations such as 'don't take the fringe, I've been growing it for two years and it's only just become a proper fringe' and 'and try not to make my balding spots stand out too much please'.

[QUOTE=Thufir;19027226]And once again I must humbly request pics.

Eee-ven-shoe-alley.

Ooof, sounds tedious. Was the ceiling collapse recent? The "three months" parts sounds like hyperbole, but my hunch is too ambiguous...
    A little bit of an understatement. It collapsed a few days after the New Year. Dusting is a touch tedious, but it's meditative and fairly easy to do. That and dusting pictures whilst they're still hanging on the wall is fun.

I second Thu's request. Pics?
    Eee-ven-shoe-alley.

Perhaps you can call them Britlandish and Troglandian.
    *adopted*

It kinda lost my interest a third way into it. Everything just turns into "take two barely descriptive words, add two non-sense words before or after them and then flip a coin for each word to decide if you should suffix a 'y' to it or not"...
    Same. Would have been funnier if it used actual slang terms (though perhaps out-of-date ones) with actual links proving they were once fairly commonly used.

We're not talking about sex. We're talking social and synchronic linguistics with perhaps just a touch of diachronic linguistics thrown in on the sides. Specifically, we're talking slang and slang variation between two major dialects of English.

I'm so full of Italy.
    Ugh.
    Stupid place.
    What's stupid about Italy? Do you at least like gela - oh no. Gelato in Italy has to have a certain amount of butterfat in it for it to be called gelato, and you're dairy intolerant aren't you?
    Well, no wonder you think Italy's stupid. It's probably pretty warm and you can't even have gelato! Or is there a mystical form of dairy free gelato sold over there?
    Still, did you enjoy Italy before you became oversaturated with it?

ION:
    AAAAAAArgh.
    I should have had a shower yesterday or at least washed my hair before I went to bed last night! I've been so itchy all day! And no, I don't shower in the mornings, it's weird. And I've rubbed one ear red raw and scratched up the back of my neck. Stupid tiny, teeny, wee hair fragments from the hair cut yesterday.
    But hey, no tangles any more. My hair's so short and fuss-free that I don't think I'll need to brush it or do anything to it aside from wash it for ages. Damn, this is awesome.

Oh yeah. Yesterday at the barber's the hairdresser commented on the fact that my hair had purple in it. "Yeah, I had it dyed in September with one of those six to eight week duration dyes, but my hair seems to hold dye insanely well as it's been over six months." Good to see it wasn't just biased eyes seeing the purple.
    And again, for a minute or two the first thoughts were 'That's a little shorter than I expected' before swiftly changing to 'hey this is pretty awesome'. TL;DR, if you find yourself smiling uncontrollably after a fairly major hair change/appearance change of any sort then it's a good one no matter what anyone else thinks. Or how you look. It's how you feel that's awesome.
    Even if it's then disconcerting to have your mother comment on how she used to have more or less than same hair cut in the early eighties. When she would have been in her early twenties.
    As I am now.
    And I didn't know this.
    Halp, my mother's influence is so strong I'm even following in her fashion footsteps without realising it!
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2015-03-28 at 06:56 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    (lots of stuff)
    I still get angry when I see you. I know I shouldn't...
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-03-28 at 07:22 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

I still get angry when I see you. I know I shouldn't...
    You should really find some help against that. That kind of anger is only debilitating and destructive.

Show

10. - Top - End - #1090

You should really find some help against that. That kind of anger is only debilitating and destructive.
    As the old adage goes, "holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die". How did you become angry at Thufir in the first place?

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    As the old adage goes, "holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die".
    Telling me to calm down doesn't make it any easier to do so, especially when I'm already trying...
    How did you become angry at Thufir in the first place?
    He posted almost a dozen (IIRC) posts including blanket statements about a group of people that I happened to be part of. The first just said we "can't spell," which is almost true, but later ones started getting worse, to the point of including terms like "idiots" and "worthless." Every time I've confronted him on it, he claimed it was all an "off-hand joke," and then I received a major infraction.

I really shouldn't be angry, since it was about two years ago, but I just can't help it. It's starting to get milder, and it doesn't always happen anymore... mostly it only happened this time because he spoke out against jokes that are made against an entire culture's expense, and that struck me as incredibly hypocritical.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

A little bit of an understatement. It collapsed a few days after the New Year. Dusting is a touch tedious, but it's meditative and fairly easy to do. That and dusting pictures whilst they're still hanging on the wall is fun.
    Ahhh, I see...

Eee-ven-shoe-alley.

*adopted*

Same. Would have been funnier if it used actual slang terms (though perhaps out-of-date ones) with actual links proving they were once fairly commonly used.
    Yeah, I think so too. Although for all your talk about these slang terms, I'm starting to lack an example...

We're not talking about sex. We're talking social and synchronic linguistics with perhaps just a touch of diachronic linguistics thrown in on the sides. Specifically, we're talking slang and slang variation between two major dialects of English.
    True. I just followed the track it was presented on to make a point, and didn't want to get too wordy.

What's stupid about Italy? Do you at least like gela - oh no. Gelato in Italy has to have a certain amount of butterfat in it for it to be called gelato, and you're dairy intolerant aren't you?
    Well, no wonder you think Italy's stupid. It's probably pretty warm and you can't even have gelato! Or is there a mystical form of dairy free gelato sold over there?
    Psst, Finn never was to Italy herself. I think she's just tired of hearing about it.

ION:
    AAAAAAArgh.
    I should have had a shower yesterday or at least washed my hair before I went to bed last night! I've been so itchy all day! And no, I don't shower in the mornings, it's weird. And I've rubbed one ear red raw and scratched up the back of my neck. Stupid tiny, teeny, wee hair fragments from the hair cut yesterday.
    But hey, no tangles any more. My hair's so short and fuss-free that I don't think I'll need to brush it or do anything to it aside from wash it for ages. Damn, this is awesome.

Oh yeah. Yesterday at the barber's the hairdresser commented on the fact that my hair had purple in it. "Yeah, I had it dyed in September with one of those six to eight week duration dyes, but my hair seems to hold dye insanely well as it's been over six months." Good to see it wasn't just biased eyes seeing the purple.
    And again, for a minute or two the first thoughts were 'That's a little shorter than I expected' before swiftly changing to 'hey this is pretty awesome'. TL;DR, if you find yourself smiling uncontrollably after a fairly major hair change/appearance change of any sort then it's a good one no matter what anyone else thinks. Or how you look. It's how you feel that's awesome.
    Even if it's then disconcerting to have your mother comment on how she used to have more or less than same hair cut in the early eighties. When she would have been in her early twenties.
    As I am now.
    And I didn't know this.
    Halp, my mother's influence is so strong I'm even following in her fashion footsteps without realising it!
    Ouch! Sounds like the hair cut still was worth the temporary inconvenience, though.

I'm not entirely sure what's so weird about showering in the morning, though...

Telling me to calm down doesn't make it any easier to do so, especially when I'm already trying...
    We're not telling you to calm down, we're telling you to seek (professional) help. There's a huge difference between the two of those, and the difference is quite akin to what it would be if you swapped the former for 'telling someone suffering from a depression to "cheer up"'.

Show

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

Well...I'm glad things are going well at the end? I don't know if this is a net positive or not
    Everything is fine. Move along citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Exactly how much Italy is full of it?

Though yay for life returning to normal, and also woohoo saunas. ^_^
    ALL OF ITALY. NIERRRH.

Sauna is best. Sauna is love. Sauna is life.

Curly, I love your dialogue-y text.
    I think I just got sick of always having to deal with the erratic nature of Mr. Man's flatmates who wouldn't stop talking, got sick of always having to hear about Italian food, the mountains, the food, the mountains, OH THE LOVELY WEATHER T-SHIRT TIME ASFJAJKEHF, did I mention food, and stupid workers at Mr. Man's job and sfhjahfehjwf. Tough, for the most part, I just got sick of not getting to hang out with Mr. Man in a normal manner.
    ... And we probably won't get to do that until after Easter, because through some awful thinking from my part, we're going to spend Easter at his family's house, far in the country side, in the middle of nowhere.

Jolly.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

AAAAAAArgh.

As I am now.
    And I didn't know this.
    Little hairs from haircuts are very itchy...

I've had only one haircut like that and it's a style I have had for a while and will likely have for a while. ^^
    You could claim (to yourself) it a coincidence if it's too worrisome.

Some people like to wash away the day's sweat and grime and use them to relax before bed. It doesn't necessarily make showering in the morning weird, just different to those who like to shower at the end of the day instead.
    A lot of people also shower in the morning to help wake them up and freshen themselves for the day.

I shower... whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I usually just go to to a hairdresser and say:
    "cut this... somehow."
    The last few times I went to a local hairdresser I said, 'Cut this to this style.' /hands hairdresser a picture of me with cut. 'Clipper here and here. Cut here, like this.'
    They all made slightly annoying mistakes and charged me (in my experience) too much.

I cut my own hair now...
    (Sometimes a friend trims a cm off the bottom)
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Banned

Hooray, my new computer is all set up and working! It's very nice. Way more powerful than my old laptop, which was showing a lot of signs of age (had it for around 4+ years, so I guess it's to be expected). :3

On the downside, I cut my thumb at my grandpa's place. The kitchen sink tap was drizzling, so i turned the knob to shut it off and the knob broke in my hand! Which gave my thumb a nasty cut. Luckily, we managed to glue the knob back together and bind it with electrical tape, so it at least works again until he can get new taps.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ettin in the Playground

We're not telling you to calm down, we're telling you to seek (professional) help. There's a huge difference between the two of those, and the difference is quite akin to what it would be if you swapped the former for 'telling someone suffering from a depression to "cheer up"'.
    ...I'm not that angry.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-03-29 at 11:55 AM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

...I'm not that angry.
    Then you can stop bringing it, and every other perceived past slight, up at every opportunity?

Please report posts you feel are inappropriate and refrain from dragging external baggage into future and unrelated conversations/threads.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Then you can stop bringing it, and every other perceived past slight, up at every opportunity?
    ...That's probably a good idea. Sorry.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Ahhh, I see...
    Gran was very annoyed. It was her bedroom. Complete luck that she wasn't in it at the time.

Yeah, I think so too. Although for all your talk about these slang terms, I'm starting to lack an example...
    Well I certainly don't want any aggro for not doing something I claimed I would; after all, you'd all be gutted if I didn't list any at all. Now, before you think I've lost the plot, I must assure you I do know my onions when it comes to strange terms (after all, I think words are the bee's knees - and perhaps even the dog's [unmentionables]) in English. You aren't going to see my blag my way through this bally discourse I've got going on here. Alas, if I were squiffy this would probably be more entertaining you all you chaps out there reading this.
    Then again, I usually do ramble about a bunch of bobbins, so maybe you'll think this is all bog standard Koorly nonsense, but I'm sure you all absobloodylutely love my oddities. You're certainly au fait with it. Rawhide probably has the screaming abdabs when I really get going there, particularly if I haul others into my long, long, long, long chats though as we do break things occasionally. Accidentally.
    See, I'm champion when it comes to the whole 'sound and fury signifying nothing' that comprises 'small talk'. In fact, I talk a whole lot of codswallop about nothing in particular. Hell, I'm pretty sure that right now I'm cocking a snook at the concept of inserting any form of meaning into a conversation by engaging in a lot of circumlocutious natter. It's a bit of a bodge job really as I'm trying to insert so many things into a short entry without a mere list. Frankly, I'm just bunging a lot of words at you in the hope that some of them will stick. It's all a load of old cobblers because writing it out like this sounds very artificial. It's also best to catch this this of thing in the wild when people're just having a nice chin wag as opposed to seeing them trotted out on display like this as if they were an Arabian steed.
    But maybe I'm biting your arm off when it comes to this? Yeah, you likely wish you were blinkered don't you? Or perhaps completely bladdered? I'm certainly going on about this a lot, and in an airy-fairy, all over the shop fashion. If this little excerpt were a woman you might say it was all fur coat and no knickers, except then I'd have to belt you one because it's rather rude. Oh, this has gone all to pot, and I'm starting to feel like a total anorak. Ah, maybe those bratty ankle-biters would tolerate my whimsy 'cause I'm a bit of a daft apeth at times.
    Really, the times when I'm not being all arty-farty are about as rare as hen's teeth.
    Oh crumbs, my dears and ducks and birds and maids/mehds and cocks, this has come rather a cropper hasn't it? I've run all out of things to say. As the actress said to the bishop.
    Well, I'm no oil painting, but at least when I go off my rocker it provides an interesting thing to observe. [/waffle]
    And not a single rude word! And actually, all of those are still in common use, so I did default when it came to mentioning old/obscure slang. Curses. Still, not a bad show eh?

True. I just followed the track it was presented on to make a point, and didn't want to get too wordy.
    'Too wordy'? What is this thing you call 'too wordy'?

Psst, Finn never was to Italy herself. I think she's just tired of hearing about it.
    Oh. Okay . . .

Ouch! Sounds like the hair cut still was worth the temporary inconvenience, though.

Totes worth it. It still feels weird, but I expect that temporary dislocation to be over shortly.
    It comes from the time before we had a good boiler in the house so all the hot water got used up really, really quickly in the mornings - and really, having four children to get ready for school made things a hassle, it was much easier to just get all the cleaning stuff out of the way the night before.
    It's weird bathing in the morning because I don't think I've ever done it. It's like how I got so used to showers that now I don't think I could handle being in a bath unless it like the 'system' they have in Japan where you wash before you get in the bath, you know?

ALL OF ITALY. NIERRRH.

Sauna is best. Sauna is love. Sauna is life.
    *has never had a sauna*
    I assume you would encourage having one?

Curly, I love your dialogue-y text.
    I think I just got sick of always having to deal with the erratic nature of Mr. Man's flatmates who wouldn't stop talking, got sick of always having to hear about Italian food, the mountains, the food, the mountains, OH THE LOVELY WEATHER T-SHIRT TIME ASFJAJKEHF, did I mention food, and stupid workers at Mr. Man's job and sfhjahfehjwf. Tough, for the most part, I just got sick of not getting to hang out with Mr. Man in a normal manner.
    ... And we probably won't get to do that until after Easter, because through some awful thinking from my part, we're going to spend Easter at his family's house, far in the country side, in the middle of nowhere.

Jolly.
    You mean my casual form of chatting where I literally write as I would speak it? 's'pretty cool. Bit odd though because I tend to go on verbal/written tangents that are perhaps easier to understand in person because you can actually interrupt me, tell me to get to the point and so on. Here I jut go on and on and on and on and sometimes lose track of what I was saying so I have to go back to see what I wrote to know what I said and then figure out a way to get the point back on my now-dull digital pencil of metaphorness to complete a possible analogy.
    As for Mr. Man's flatmates (tangent: Mr. Man makes me think of the Mr. Men series so much that I haven't correctly typed Mr. Man once so far), well at least they weren't in all the time? And you could take walks? But annoying flatemates probably aren't conducive to relaxation.
    I take it the food was nice but overhyped to death?
    I'd be interested in the mountains though 'cause I've never actually seen one before. Unless you count the Mount. Which I don't because it's not a mountain.

And at least you're meeting the family? Got to be a nice sign right? And you could always drag the Man out for a picnic. Or do a Google search for somewhere touristy that you could drag him out to for a day or two, book a hotel room and then never leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Little hairs from haircuts are very itchy...

I've had only one haircut like that and it's a style I have had for a while and will likely have for a while. ^^
    You could claim (to yourself) it a coincidence if it's too worrisome.
    This worst part is that I'm pretty sure some of the tiny hairs got in my ear and that they're still there even after a wash because it's still itchy.
    And don't worry, I'm claiming coincidence. It's not like I'm the spit of her at my age. Or that we share the same taste in music (minus the country). Or the same fashion sense. Or the same laugh. Or the same way of sitting down. Or the same way of holding a tea cup.

Some people like to wash away the day's sweat and grime and use them to relax before bed. It doesn't necessarily make showering in the morning weird, just different to those who like to shower at the end of the day instead.
    A lot of people also shower in the morning to help wake them up and freshen themselves for the day.

I shower... whenever.
    Also this. It's a nice end to the day. It is done, now I can relax and do whatever.

The last few times I went to a local hairdresser I said, 'Cut this to this style.' /hands hairdresser a picture of me with cut. 'Clipper here and here. Cut here, like this.'
    They all made slightly annoying mistakes and charged me (in my experience) too much.

I cut my own hair now...
    (Sometimes a friend trims a cm off the bottom)
    I've tried to cut my hair at home. Well Mum did. I was six. She tried to trim my fringe. I moved, she cut a chunk out of eyebrow. And I have terrible hand-eye co-ordination, so I'd probably get it wrong in a drastic fashion at this length.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #1100

Well I certainly don't want any aggro for not doing something I claimed I would; after all, you'd all be gutted if I didn't list any at all. Now, before you think I've lost the plot, I must assure you I do know my onions when it comes to strange terms (after all, I think words are the bee's knees - and perhaps even the dog's [unmentionables]) in English. You aren't going to see my blag my way through this bally discourse I've got going on here. Alas, if I were squiffy this would probably be more entertaining you all you chaps out there reading this.
    Then again, I usually do ramble about a bunch of bobbins, so maybe you'll think this is all bog standard Koorly nonsense, but I'm sure you all absobloodylutely love my oddities. You're certainly au fait with it. Rawhide probably has the screaming abdabs when I really get going there, particularly if I haul others into my long, long, long, long chats though as we do break things occasionally. Accidentally.
    See, I'm champion when it comes to the whole 'sound and fury signifying nothing' that comprises 'small talk'. In fact, I talk a whole lot of codswallop about nothing in particular. Hell, I'm pretty sure that right now I'm cocking a snook at the concept of inserting any form of meaning into a conversation by engaging in a lot of circumlocutious natter. It's a bit of a bodge job really as I'm trying to insert so many things into a short entry without a mere list. Frankly, I'm just bunging a lot of words at you in the hope that some of them will stick. It's all a load of old cobblers because writing it out like this sounds very artificial. It's also best to catch this this of thing in the wild when people're just having a nice chin wag as opposed to seeing them trotted out on display like this as if they were an Arabian steed.
    But maybe I'm biting your arm off when it comes to this? Yeah, you likely wish you were blinkered don't you? Or perhaps completely bladdered? I'm certainly going on about this a lot, and in an airy-fairy, all over the shop fashion. If this little excerpt were a woman you might say it was all fur coat and no knickers, except then I'd have to belt you one because it's rather rude. Oh, this has gone all to pot, and I'm starting to feel like a total anorak. Ah, maybe those bratty ankle-biters would tolerate my whimsy 'cause I'm a bit of a daft apeth at times.
    Really, the times when I'm not being all arty-farty are about as rare as hen's teeth.
    Oh crumbs, my dears and ducks and birds and maids/mehds and cocks, this has come rather a cropper hasn't it? I've run all out of things to say. As the actress said to the bishop.
    Well, I'm no oil painting, but at least when I go off my rocker it provides an interesting thing to observe. [/waffle]
    And not a single rude word! And actually, all of those are still in common use, so I did default when it came to mentioning old/obscure slang. Curses. Still, not a bad show eh?
    I think that this post is against the forum rules. Here's the relevant section:
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
    Foreign Languages
    This is an English-speaking forum. With the exception of text-only translations of the comic or other specifically authorized exceptions, please use English only on this forum. While an occasional word or phrase is acceptable, entire posts, conversations, or threads in languages other than English will be scrubbed or closed.
    Last edited by Solse; 2015-03-29 at 05:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

That wasn't a foreign language, it was just obscure and stupid slang.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

A: Pretty clearly a joke, especially marked as such.
    B: Just because it's not local doesn't mean it's obscure or stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1103

>.>
    <.<
    You read nothing.
    Look! A cute distraction!

You have now passed out in a sugar-induced crash.
    *flees*

No, it was common and slightly strange slang. Get your facts straight.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    A: Pretty clearly a joke, especially marked as such.
    B: Just because it's not local doesn't mean it's obscure or stupid.
    a) I think enderlord gets that.
    b) Well, some of it is stupid, but all languages have stupid slang, so there's that.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2015-03-29 at 06:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #1104

>.>
    <.<
    You read nothing.
    Look! A cute distraction!

You have now passed out in a sugar-induced crash.
    *flees*
    NOT CUTE OOTS-STYLED DIABETES! OH MY GOD MY ONE WEAKNESS WHYYYYY

jhunter_d blacked out!

jhunter_d scurried to the nearest Pokemon center, protecting his Pokemon from further harm.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ettin in the Playground

No, it was common and slightly strange slang. Get your facts straight.
    I suppose that's probably true, since I recognized about a third of it.

I seriously mean that. I'm horrible at understanding slang, to the point that I've gotten in trouble for it in the past.

By the way, is Boobs dressed as Death of Rats in your avatar? Somehow, a cat filling that position seems incredibly fitting...
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-03-29 at 06:18 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

26. - Top - End - #1106

NOT CUTE OOTS-STYLED DIABETES! OH MY GOD MY ONE WEAKNESS WHYYYYY

jhunter_d blacked out!

jhunter_d scurried to the nearest Pokemon center, protecting his Pokemon from further harm.
    You can tell which era of Pokemon someone started from depending on their usage of whited/blacked out.

27. - Top - End - #1107

You can tell which era of Pokemon someone started from depending on their usage of whited/blacked out.
    I actually started with X/Y, which I *think* is whited out? I dunno, it might've been blacked out. All I know is that HG/SS used whited out, but I forgot if that's the last game that used it or the first.

28. - Top - End - #1108

GreenSorcererElf

I actually started with X/Y, which I *think* is whited out? I dunno, it might've been blacked out. All I know is that HG/SS used whited out, but I forgot if that's the last game that used it or the first.
    Whited out is Generations II and III. HG/SS only used whited out in Japan.

29. - Top - End - #1109

Quote Originally Posted by GM_3826 View Post
    Whited out is Generations II and III. HG/SS only used whited out in Japan.
    Oh. My memory must be failing then. Thanks for the info, though!

Although I do never understand why they ever used whited out. Was their thinking that you only see white as you approach the light? That'd be pretty dark if they did.

30. - Top - End - #1110

Oh. My memory must be failing then. Thanks for the info, though!

Although I do never understand why they ever used whited out. Was their thinking that you only see white as you approach the light? That'd be pretty dark if they did.
    The idea is that white symbolizes death in Japan, so yes actually!

Or, less grim (but still grim) is that your team whited out, as in "all are white" as in all are deafeted/KOd. So you "whited you" in that all your guys got knocked out.