New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Peebles' Perfectly Pointless Popular Prattle - Random Banter #211

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Post-cutting them into shape with a knife isn't a halfway bad idea, actually. Or wouldn't be had they long solidified by now, at least...
    Its how I make most of my weirdly shaped things. I call it the cook's tax for being creative. XD
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Its how I make most of my weirdly shaped things. I call it the cook's tax for being creative. XD
    Oh that's a good one.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Did you at least cut some trianangles out of the top and eat them yourself? Or red frosting?
    Well I was only able to make like 13 cookies with the dough anyway, so I'm not sure I'd of had enough dough to make them fancier. Sadly we also don't have any frosting to Vday them up. Ah well, it's the thought that counts! They're full of delicious love!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Re: adblock
    Personally, I just set my browser to ask before enabling Flash. It stops the more annoying ads and means that if I open a video in a new tab for later I don't have to immediately pause it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

I'm trouser-less, I've got some beer and absolutely no company in an apartment that isn't even mine. Boy, this is the most adventurous night I've had so far this year. *opens bottle*
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Re: adblock
    Personally, I just set my browser to ask before enabling Flash. It stops the more annoying ads and means that if I open a video in a new tab for later I don't have to immediately pause it.
    I do that too, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I'm trouser-less, I've got some beer and absolutely no company in an apartment that isn't even mine. Boy, this is the most adventurous night I've had so far this year. *opens bottle*
    Awe. If it makes you feel better I'm that except with no beer. Lets have an internet girl's night!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Awe. If it makes you feel better I'm that except with no beer. Lets have an internet girl's night!
    Oh gosh... I could've taken my nail polish with me! What's a girls' night without nail polish?!?!?
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

8. - Top - End - #158

Oh gosh... I could've taken my nail polish with me! What's a girls' night without nail polish?!?!?
    Oh no, no nail polish

I know my Mom has some sparkly stuff, but I'm at my Dad's right now so none for me either (I've never even DONE my nails before so this would be kind of fun )

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Presumably you do that because you want the people who run those sites to get some money from the advertising views (although don't think that's how either site actually works in terms of advertising)--so are the people creating the Youtube videos you watch not worthy of the same?
    IIRC, gitp and Schlock both asked very nicely. And at least on here, I can definitely count on the ads to be non-obtrusive, and even occasionally show products that I would actually like. But the vast majority of stuff I look at on youtube doesn't have a creator I particularly care about, nor are the ads anything but annoying.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

10. - Top - End - #160

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    But the vast majority of stuff I look at on youtube doesn't have a creator I particularly care about, nor are the ads anything but annoying.
    Well, if the creator isn't someone you care about, fair dos. I tend to watch videos on Youtube made by people I find entertaining, so I'll watch the adverts on their videos sometimes. (Or, at the very least, leave the advert playing while I busy myself with something else, then watch the video when it finishes--it's not like Google have a secret spy camera to confirm you're actually watching the advert, after all ).

11. - Top - End - #161

No, but I'm pretty sure I have to kill you.
    Ah. So more like a Pokemon creepypasta than plain Pokemon?

Well, there are a bunch of programming arena games, such as Robocode and such. Those are pure programming challenges, though. Nothing happens unless you do it yourself (well, except for you getting killed by the others )...
    Yeah, Robocode seems similar to what I was thinking of, but not quite. Robocode looks cool though. Too bad I hate .NET. Now that I think about it, the game I was thinking of might've started with MARS or something...

And RNGs can be very intelligent, but only if you weight them properly.
    I suppose so! It's just that the RNG the friend wanted to use was literally just choosing a random number between 0 and 2 and using the result to perform an action. No weighting whatsoever.

Hehehe...
    I knew that an Illuminator such as yourself would enjoy that picture.
    Last edited by Solse; 2015-02-14 at 12:11 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    IIRC, gitp and Schlock both asked very nicely. And at least on here, I can definitely count on the ads to be non-obtrusive, and even occasionally show products that I would actually like. But the vast majority of stuff I look at on youtube doesn't have a creator I particularly care about, nor are the ads anything but annoying.
    Yup, the ads on this site are actually nice and I've gotten to know some really nice comics and other websites through GitP

Oh no, no nail polish

I know my Mom has some sparkly stuff, but I'm at my Dad's right now so none for me either (I've never even DONE my nails before so this would be kind of fun )
    My girls' night came to a sudden halt as I had a non-female join my company and I had to put the beer aside...

AND ZOOZ YOU MUST LEARN THE WAYS OF THE NAIL POLISH
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

13. - Top - End - #163

My girls' night came to a sudden halt as I had a non-female join my company and I had to put the beer aside...

AND ZOOZ YOU MUST LEARN THE WAYS OF THE NAIL POLISH
    Awe, that's nice. And yeah, I imagine you put it aside for something sweeter

Like...cream soda. Delicious. Or maybe root beer. Orange Crush? Or is that too on the nose ?

And MAYBE! WE'LL SEE!

ALSO, I picked up Majora's Mask 3D (for my birthday from Mom. It was delayed) and oh my goodness they somehow improved this game.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    Ah. So more like a Pokemon creepypasta than plain Pokemon?
    Yeah, that's more like it.

Yeah, Robocode seems similar to what I was thinking of, but not quite. Robocode looks cool though. Too bad I hate .NET. Now that I think about it, the game I was thinking of might've started with MARS or something...
    There should exist wrappers for Robocode in almost any language you might like...

I suppose so! It's just that the RNG the friend wanted to use was literally just choosing a random number between 0 and 2 and using the result to perform an action. No weighting whatsoever.
    So, basically a coin toss every time with a fair coin?

I knew that an Illuminator such as yourself would enjoy that picture.
    As did little brother, who is the one who brought Illuminati into this house. You have no idea how many illuminati jokes we do over the dinner table...

Like...cream soda. Delicious. Or maybe root beer. Orange Crush? Or is that too on the nose ?
    All these utterly foreign drinks...

Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

I don't want to be in a country that doesnt have root beer. And hot wings.
    Last edited by VincentTakeda; 2015-02-14 at 03:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

And MAYBE! WE'LL SEE!

ALSO, I picked up Majora's Mask 3D (for my birthday from Mom. It was delayed) and oh my goodness they somehow improved this game.
    Not Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Not Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate?
    Wasn't in the store, not the BIGGEST fan of Monster Hunter, and REALLY wanted Majora's Mask

Also, happy Valentine's Day thread.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, for sleep.

ION:

I. Can't. Stop. Laughing. So, basically, my Mr. Man is extremely ticklish from his soles, so I thought it would be a funny idea to sneak up on him from behind and tickle his feetsies... Two seconds later, his reflexes thought it wasn't too funny, he lifted up his feet in full speed and kicked my jaw in. I now have a swollen lower lip and a bruise that'll likely become more prominent in the next day or two. Mr. Man is absolutely devestated and even had his eyes water up a little, but ths isn't his fault at all, just an unfortunate accident that only I seem to laugh at right now. It's so absurd. Though, we did agree that I wouldn't accompany Mr. Man to the shop today as I don't want people who don't know us think badly of him.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

19. - Top - End - #169
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Wasn't in the store, not the BIGGEST fan of Monster Hunter, and REALLY wanted Majora's Mask

Also, happy Valentine's Day thread.
    It's apparently the best and most accessible Monster Hunter yet.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VincentTakeda View Post
    I don't want to be in a country that doesnt have root beer. And hot wings.
    Don't worry, the feeling is mutual. Can't go without my Trocadero. Or Julmust, but that can at least be bought at Ikea.

ION:
    I. Can't. Stop. Laughing. So, basically, my Mr. Man is extremely ticklish from his soles, so I thought it would be a funny idea to sneak up on him from behind and tickle his feetsies... Two seconds later, his reflexes thought it wasn't too funny, he lifted up his feet in full speed and kicked my jaw in. I now have a swollen lower lip and a bruise that'll likely become more prominent in the next day or two. Mr. Man is absolutely devestated and even had his eyes water up a little, but ths isn't his fault at all, just an unfortunate accident that only I seem to laugh at right now. It's so absurd. Though, we did agree that I wouldn't accompany Mr. Man to the shop today as I don't want people who don't know us think badly of him.
    Ow. I hope you're not laughing because of the pain, though. When little brother broke his little finger playing many years ago, he couldn't stop laughing between the "ow"s...

Show

21. - Top - End - #171

Yeah, that's more like it.
    Hooray for converting threats into easy-to-understand metaphors!

There should exist wrappers for Robocode in almost any language you might like...
    Good point. If I can find a Robocode-compatible .NET to Python library then Robocode would be my new favorite game. I'll start looking immediately.

So, basically a coin toss every time with a fair coin?
    More like a 3-sided-die. While typing this, I actually just realized how to actually make one: take a d6 and write over the sides that say "4", "5", and "6" with marker to make them say "1", "2", and "3".

As did little brother, who is the one who brought Illuminati into this house. You have no idea how many illuminati jokes we do over the dinner table...
    Sadly enough, there're no Illuminati jokes in my family -- nobody understands them. Luckily, I have lots of friends who love Illuminati jokes, so at least I have them to sate my appetite for Illuminati jokes.

ION: Happy Valentine's Day! A day to celebrate having the idea that if you're not in love, you're worthless, and that Zales is the greatest company in the world. Seriously, though, hope you all have a nice Valentine's Day.
    Last edited by Solse; 2015-02-14 at 08:20 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Yeah, for sleep.

ION:

Yeah, I'm just jokin' around. Sorry

Oh dear, I'm glad you've survived at least! Also I predict at least three people will see those and reference 50 Shades of Grey and thus make you the most angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I'll probably pick it up at some point! Just not right now. Because again it wasn't in stock.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Hooray for converting threats into easy-to-understand metaphors!

Good point. If I can find a Robocode-compatible .NET to Python library then Robocode would be my new favorite game. I'll start looking immediately.
    Hmm, looking it up, I'm surprised there isn't more compability to it. I know Ants (the last competition in AIChallenge) had as many APIs as you thought there were programming languages, so I guess I kinda assumed it would be the same for something far more established...

More like a 3-sided-die. While typing this, I actually just realized how to actually make one: take a d6 and write over the sides that say "4", "5", and "6" with marker to make them say "1", "2", and "3".
    Right. I'm thinking way too programmatically with ranges such as 0-2. For me, that's 0 inclusive, 2 exclusive.

And you could use a d12 too...

Sadly enough, there're no Illuminati jokes in my family -- nobody understands them. Luckily, I have lots of friends who love Illuminati jokes, so at least I have them to sate my appetite for Illuminati jokes.
    Hehehe...

Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Bleh. Too many new games, not enough monies. Already getting the new Kirby game in a week, and now it turns out Mask was improved somehow, and by the time I can get Mask I bet it'll be not long to Zelda U or Xenoblade or Splatoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Feel that money problem in regards to buying vidjya games. But also college leaves very little free time, and I like to spend most of it socializing, so not enough time for games anyway. I am teaching a class on competitive Pokemon, though, and that's fun.

AdBlock is hard on Youtube, because IIRC, there's no specific way to turn it off on channels you don't like through limiting the web address or what have you. I do need to do a better job of being more selective with AdBlock, Ikblazers, an awesome site for web comics and OEL manga shut down a few weeks back because they weren't making money, and I think a lack of ad revenue may have contributed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Bleh. Too many new games, not enough monies. Already getting the new Kirby game in a week, and now it turns out Mask was improved somehow, and by the time I can get Mask I bet it'll be not long to Zelda U or Xenoblade or Splatoon.
    Absolute chaos~

Don't worry, at the very least Splatoon will be short! Majora's Mask is also a game you can just pick up and play for a bit, and Zelda U is apparently going to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Feel that money problem in regards to buying vidjya games. But also college leaves very little free time, and I like to spend most of it socializing, so not enough time for games anyway. I am teaching a class on competitive Pokemon, though, and that's fun.
    Heh, that sounds interesting. Give us a sample!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Not sure what a sample would mean here. I've only taught one class, and that was the basic of the basics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Not sure what a sample would mean here. I've only taught one class, and that was the basic of the basics.
    Aah, okay.

Also hey Rayman might be in Smash 4. Video link.

29. - Top - End - #179

Hmm, looking it up, I'm surprised there isn't more compability to it. I know Ants (the last competition in AIChallenge) had as many APIs as you thought there were programming languages, so I guess I kinda assumed it would be the same for something far more established...
    It's a conspiracy backed by Microsoft! Once they get everybody playing Robocode in .NET, that's when they'll strike!

Right. I'm thinking way too programmatically with ranges such as 0-2. For me, that's 0 inclusive, 2 exclusive.

And you could use a d12 too...
    And a d9, if there was such a thing ... basically any d3x where x is an integer of 3 would suffice.

Also, about Rayman, I heard about that. I've never played a Rayman game, so I'm not particularly excited, but a lot of others are, so that's cool.

30. - Top - End - #180

BlackDragon

And a d9, if there was such a thing ...
    I don't think it would even be possible to produce such a thing, because (AFAIK) there isn't any solid figure with 9 faces where all the faces are the same size and shape (which is obviously quite important, because otherwise your dice will have a bias). Could just use a d10 and reroll if 10 comes up, of course...