New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Post the worst player-characters you can come up with

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Since your Summons can themselves summon other Summons
    Actually they can't:

Quote Originally Posted by Summon (Control)
    A summoned minion... cannot have minions of its own, either from this effect or the Minions advantage.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Actually they can't:
    oh good, its actually more balanced than I thought.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

I had that idea for M&M; you start with 150 points. Take Immortality 13 (resurrect 15 minutes after dying) for 26 points. Take some massive physical penalties to regain 26 points. You now have 150 points remaining.

Spend these points as follows: Sidekick 30 x5.

This gives you 5 sidekicks, each exactly as powerful as the srarting character should be (except for the inability to gain sidekicks of their own).

Now, sit at the sidelines and watch as you Puella Magi Holy Quintet demolishes opposition. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I obviously didn't play - or even pitch - it, though :-)
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Any character made by the GM for his girlfriend/wife to get her interested in gaming.

Often has a supernatural "Tiger" as a "pet kitty"

Is the sexiest woman in the universe, because of course.

And so on and so on.
    Awaken an animal and you make them smart for the rest of their life; Teach your Awakened animal to be a druid and they will create a new race and take over the world.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

I once made a Pun-pun in Champions. Using extra-dimension movement, base rules, and followers to abuse a power boosting ability that I can't remember anymore.

There wasn't a real limit, but I stopped when the character hit a 40,000point cosmic power pool.

In Rolemaster, I made an alchemist that made a ring of +5 levels to Item enchanting spells.
    I used that ring to make a ring with +10
    And so on and so on

Then I made a ring with +20k to ALL spells, then dominated the gods.

The Rolemaster abuse was the easiest one. I don't know what the heck they were thinking.
    Awaken an animal and you make them smart for the rest of their life; Teach your Awakened animal to be a druid and they will create a new race and take over the world.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    I had that idea for M&M; you start with 150 points. Take Immortality 13 (resurrect 15 minutes after dying) for 26 points. Take some massive physical penalties to regain 26 points. You now have 150 points remaining.

Spend these points as follows: Sidekick 30 x5.

This gives you 5 sidekicks, each exactly as powerful as the srarting character should be (except for the inability to gain sidekicks of their own).

Now, sit at the sidelines and watch as you Puella Magi Holy Quintet demolishes opposition. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Only if you don't read the sidebar:
    The character is still legal, the minion isn't. I missed that rule because I don't like reading from a screen, and so only read the text actually under the powers. M&M is still a power gamers wet dream, as 32 PL10 minions who act as PCs and which you can control at the same time is only 150 points. I really prefer GURPS because in the games where the broken stuff starts being worthwhile (accelerated time rate, Warp, etc.) characters are able to take stuff like DR 20 (stops all core pistols and shotguns as well as most submachine guns), basic speed in the mid teens, and stats above 20.

For a character I've actually seen played, Wade the Malkavian. Wade was fine in the first session, but in the second it was revealed that he gave nobody in the party his phone number or address, and despite what he believed he could not sense damaged toasters. The party also did not know of any other Malkavians, and had no clue about the MMN, so whole sessions would be lost to games of 'find the Malkavian'.

Although I'm sure my Malkavian scholar who enters a fugue state during combat would be just as annoying. It's why I'm unlikely to actually play him.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2015-03-24 at 04:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
    Just any kender.
    I'll do you one better. Half-Mercury Dragon Kender. Combine kender awfulness with an innate biological imperative to find shiny things and heap them up into a mound.
    Currently DMing: Final Fantasy RPG 3e, Pokémon Tabletop United

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

I once built a TOON character for a D&D game.

Ragnar Rabbit, the Hanna-Barbarian.

His greatest ability was that if he tried to do something clearly impossible (lift up the castle, go through a mousehole, etc.), he had to roll on his Smarts. If he failed the roll, he was successful.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Half-giant Rogue:
    But no one does. no one notices the half-giant thief hiding in the very very big shadows....
    I'm thinking that, properly optimized, that would be awesome and I am stealing it for my next game.

Solar Exalted Cat:
    This Dawn Caste was turned into a cat by a spiteful god once he Exalted in defiance of him. Now he must figure out how to conquer the world, get his revenge on the god and find a way to get back to normal while only being able to communicate with other cats.
    So, "a cat" then?

Idealist Malkavian:
    As a Derangement: Delusion, that one sounds only as bad as the person playing it. I actually like the idea of a Vampire who is actually quite nice and believes that everyone else is too, despite the evidence. I'm sure it's all just a big misunderstanding.

Tsundere two-headed half-dragon Joker bard:
    Its not as I like Batman or anything baka! and neither does my second head! I'm just playing the accordion while flying around in the air to activate the my robotic alligators to eat certain ropes so that they will unleash a laughing gas just so that I may steal an anchor from a museum as a part of the plot to kill him, why would I want to go out on a date with him, thats absurd.
    Not actually a million miles away from the Word Of God interpretations of some Batman writers... Y'know, apart from the two-headed-dragon thing.

Couple from me? How about a Planar Shepherd of the Material Plane, whose Planar Bubble ability thus allows him to make manifest the environmental, temporal and atmospheric conditions of the Material Plane?
    Everyone thought it was hilarious... Until that one time the Lich managed to Planar Shift the entire party to the Outer Plane of Madness (at which point, the Shepherd's player doesn't turn up to play that week)

Collossal Pseudonatural Otyugh.... Diplomancer.

Any kind of Masked Vigilante archetype in a serious-and-gritty Feng Shui game.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2015-03-24 at 09:08 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    32 PL10 minions who act as PCs and which you can control at the same time is only 150 points.
    I think you did your math wrong. A 150 point minion costs 10 ranks of Minion, which means you can only have 15 of them.

...Or you could just get Minion 150 and have a single 2250-point minion because the Minion advantage doesn't have the line that Sidelick does saying that the minion can't have more points than you.

...Speaking of which, sidekicks aren't prohibited from having minions (though minions are), which means you can do the "spend all your points on five sidekicks with your point total" thing and then spend all of each sidekick's points on a 2250-point minion for a total of five 2250-point minions.

...And on that note, neither minions nor sidekicks are prohibited from themselves having sidekicks, and at this point I realize that the Minion and Sidekick advantages are far and away the most broken things in the whole game.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I think you did your math wrong. A 150 point minion costs 10 ranks of Minion, which means you can only have 15 of them.
    32 being a power of 2, I conclude that number was obtained with several applications of the multiple minion extra on the summon effect and not the minion advantage.

...And on that note, neither minions nor sidekicks are prohibited from themselves having sidekicks, and at this point I realize that the Minion and Sidekick advantages are far and away the most broken things in the whole game.
    ...Skynet. 90 pp in distributed computing powers including immortality 20 and 60pp in two server network sidekick, each having 90 pp worth of robotic minions and 60pp in two server network sidekick, each having...
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

That was from the summon power, but 10 minions isn't so bad.

...Or you could just get Minion 150 and have a single 2250-point minion because the Minion advantage doesn't have the line that Sidelick does saying that the minion can't have more points than you.

...Speaking of which, sidekicks aren't prohibited from having minions (though minions are), which means you can do the "spend all your points on five sidekicks with your point total" thing and then spend all of each sidekick's points on a 2250-point minion for a total of five 2250-point minions.

I actually want to play this character now, it sounds like an interesting concept. Or more likely, a character with a few ranks in a ranged combat skill and some expertises, and has spent the rest of his power points on minions.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This is supposed to be aweful characters, not awesome! name the 5 sidekicks Jason, Kimberly, Billy, Trini, and Zack, and make their minions giant robot dinosaurs.
    yo

15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold Divine Minion 1/Wizard 1/Master of Many Forms 3 with Viper familiar, Endurance and Assume Supernatural Ability.

Just wander around, being a Kobold. When other players/the DM/a passing NPC Sarruhk ask if you're, you know, forgetting something, pause, consider it for a moment, and reply "nope, I'm cool, thanks."
    Spoiler: Worst PC Concept Ever
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar14 View Post
    I came up with a master ninja with a robotic arm that is simultaneously both a vampire and a werewolf. He is the first of his clan in a thousand years to master the Warp Blade technique, which allows him to bend space-time to his will. So in addition to being a cyborg werewolf vampire ninja, he's also a time traveler and functionally immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milodiah View Post
    ...kinda sounds like Samuel Haight got sent to the world of Rifts.
    And we have a new winner!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spriteless View Post
    This is supposed to be aweful characters, not awesome! name the 5 sidekicks Jason, Kimberly, Billy, Trini, and Zack, and make their minions giant robot dinosaurs.
    How to make it awful: name the five sidekicks Harry, Niall, Louis, Liam, and Zayn. Problem solved. The actual character is, of course, called Simon.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

My friend abused the crap out of Shadowrun 3e healing rules to effectively gain immortality.

The healing mechanics first took the amount of damage you had taken and translated that into a surprisingly realistic time, i.e. from the cusp of absolute death may take you 2 years to recover back to 100%.

Then every success on a Heal check would cut the time required in half.

All he did was take a troll, put EVERYTHING into the Body attribute, take as much healing stuff as he could, and then roll to heal. You shoot him in the eye with a Desert Eagle. He doesn't die. 20 seconds later, the wound is gone. 3 minutes later he has his sight back.

He's been hit by a tactical missile in the chest, and healed back in a couple of minutes. He's jumped from the roof of an 80 story building, splattered himself on the concrete and then had gotten back up to escape by the time the guys who cornered him made it back down to the ground floor.
    Last edited by Milodiah; 2015-03-26 at 06:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Do not try a linear campaign, without some discussion with them. Players very often look at your hooks and then try to accomplish it in a different way, not touch it, try to do the complete opposite, or somehow set it on fire.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milodiah View Post
    My friend abused the crap out of Shadowrun 3e healing rules to effectively gain immortality.

The healing mechanics first took the amount of damage you had taken and translated that into a surprisingly realistic time, i.e. from the cusp of absolute death may take you 2 years to recover back to 100%.

Then every success on a Heal check would cut the time required in half.

All he did was take a troll, put EVERYTHING into the Body attribute, take as much healing stuff as he could, and then roll to heal. You shoot him in the eye with a Desert Eagle. He doesn't die. 20 seconds later, the wound is gone. 3 minutes later he has his sight back.

He's been hit by a tactical missile in the chest, and healed back in a couple of minutes. He's jumped from the roof of an 80 story building, splattered himself on the concrete and then had gotten back up to escape by the time the guys who cornered him made it back down to the ground floor.
    ._.

That is all I have to say.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

To help put it on this thread, he had put everything into that.

He had literally no other skills or abilities whatsoever. Didn't even own a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Do not try a linear campaign, without some discussion with them. Players very often look at your hooks and then try to accomplish it in a different way, not touch it, try to do the complete opposite, or somehow set it on fire.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

This was actually presented to me as a draft for character for Shadowrun 4e. After I got Street Magic, which included some info on how to make a tradition, one of my players approached me with...

Kamasutra Shaman.

He took following geas: ritual (guess what kind of ritual it was); condition (an attractive female must be present) and time (less than 24 hours since his last...ritual).
    Favourite spell: Orgasm
    He took "double jointed" as advantage.

My actual reaction...?
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    This was actually presented to me as a draft for character for Shadowrun 4e. After I got Street Magic, which included some info on how to make a tradition, one of my players approached me with...

Kamasutra Shaman.

He took following geas: ritual (guess what kind of ritual it was); condition (an attractive female must be present) and time (less than 24 hours since his last...ritual).
    Favourite spell: Orgasm
    He took "double jointed" as advantage.

My actual reaction...?
    Just be happy that Shadowrun does not have an Erotic Arts skill, or else he'd probably have been useless at magic in favour of maxing that out. Although skill in GURPS was the basis of the funniest gaming story I've ever heard (but that was a case of a character putting about 4 points into it out of 100-200, so it wasn't as bad as the shaman). Of course, the GM's immediate reaction to a player bringing out a 'Kamasutra Shaman' should be to first check if it's actually based on the Kamasutra, or simply an excuse to play a character who performs 'rituals'. If it's the latter, then first have a good discussion about how you'd really prefer it if they played a different character, and then if they insist, wait until there's a minor crime they've committed, put them in prison for 23 hours, and then give them an hour to complete their geasa. Harsh, but I'm sure the concept made several players uncomfortable. But it sounds like you were fast, and blocked the character.

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Just be happy that Shadowrun does not have an Erotic Arts skill, or else he'd probably have been useless at magic in favour of maxing that out. Although skill in GURPS was the basis of the funniest gaming story I've ever heard (but that was a case of a character putting about 4 points into it out of 100-200, so it wasn't as bad as the shaman). Of course, the GM's immediate reaction to a player bringing out a 'Kamasutra Shaman' should be to first check if it's actually based on the Kamasutra, or simply an excuse to play a character who performs 'rituals'. If it's the latter, then first have a good discussion about how you'd really prefer it if they played a different character, and then if they insist, wait until there's a minor crime they've committed, put them in prison for 23 hours, and then give them an hour to complete their geasa. Harsh, but I'm sure the concept made several players uncomfortable. But it sounds like you were fast, and blocked the character.
    ...there really was "Erotic Arts" skill...?

No, the concept didn't make any of my players uncomfortable. I was told later, that it was a prank played on me. I was late on my way to a session and my players were getting creative. And they invented this concept. And during the half hour wrote down the complete concept for character on paper. It was rather exhaustively detailed.

And so, when I showed up, the player, whose character was rather tightly woven into the campaign stated that he wants to retire his mage due to finding a new character concept...

They had their fun...
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, in GURPS. It's one of my first picks when making a sci-fi diplomat, after diplomacy, fast talk, acting, body language, and reading. But in GURPS it only costs a point or two out of a hundred or so, and that makes it an okay expenditure. For actual in game use, I've only seen it glossed over or used by the GM's wife. Even then it was literally roles between her and a fellow player.

No, the concept didn't make any of my players uncomfortable. I was told later, that it was a prank played on me. I was late on my way to a session and my players were getting creative. And they invented this concept. And during the half hour wrote down the complete concept for character on paper. It was rather exhaustively detailed.

And so, when I showed up, the player, whose character was rather tightly woven into the campaign stated that he wants to retire his mage due to finding a new character concept...

They had their fun...
    Oh sush, I may be playing in Shadowrun 4e and will be pulling out an instadodge adept as a fake character if it works when ported back to 4e. But this sounds like a great prank.

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

I played a Half-Gold Dragon Hamster Totemist. He utilized a tattoo of constant shrink (Psionics shrink person but without it being humanoid) to reduce the characters size by two, the GM had rules for smaller then fine size. I crawled into peoples heads and started eating their brains, teleporting away and some other insane things. Fun character terribly broken with a 80 something AC at 7th level.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    I played a Half-Gold Dragon Hamster Totemist. He utilized a tattoo of constant shrink (Psionics shrink person but without it being humanoid) to reduce the characters size by two, the GM had rules for smaller then fine size. I crawled into peoples heads and started eating their brains, teleporting away and some other insane things. Fun character terribly broken with a 80 something AC at 7th level.
    Wait, you entered into their brains?

Why does this instantly remind me of the movie Innerspace?

But wait, what was stopping you from being crushed or whatever at that size?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

In Flashing Blades, one of the Secrets (Limitations) was Don Juan. I had to explain many times that Don Juan did not give you any skills; it gave you the obsession with, and inability to resist,any potential love interest you saw. But it did not give you any ability to succeed. Those came with the skill Seduction.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Altrunchen View Post
    Post descriptions of what you feel would be the absolute most annoying, most lore-breaking, most mary-sueish,or most inconvienient to build and/or to maintain characters here. We can make a forum game out of it. Like, you post what character the player presents you with and then some over-the-top reaction you'd love to do but probably wouldn't in real life.

EDIT: In other words, make up deliberately terrible characters so we can all have a good laugh.

I'll go first:

Player Brings:
    A multi-class level 1 Psion (I already hate this character), level 1 fighter, level 1 bard, level 1 rogue, level 1 ranger, and level 1 tantrist, with plans to go into a prestige class from an obscure supplement later on. This character is a homebrew race between half-dragon (black) and tiefling. It has put almost every rank into diplomacy so that it can manipulate others. And it has a tragic-backstory of being rejected for being different and being kind to innocents but having an uncontrollable rage when betrayed that destroys everything around it. It gave up on love and happiness a long time ago because its significant other dumped it after tearing its heart out, eating it, sacrificing the character's fiends and family, corrupting their homeroom teacher, and making their pet hamster die. The character's only character fault is its own power, they also have long black hair that is constantly flowing. For their weapons they took the ambidexterity and monkey grip feats and dual-wield scythes made out of their own hatred and pain.[/SPOILER]
    That back story's pretty rad though.

My first character was a bard with 6 con and 11 charisma, and multi classed into Sorcerer and Fighter.
    Wonderful avatar made by Dragonus45

Nexus Characters: Krik | Muirlinn | Sgian

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Altrunchen View Post
    Wait, you entered into their brains?

Why does this instantly remind me of the movie Innerspace?

But wait, what was stopping you from being crushed or whatever at that size?
    D&D logic that was the only armor I needed. The nice DR I had from somewhere toke most Damage away and then as I said its D&D where a Fly can't be hit by non players and a cat can kill a commoner. It does not have real world physics and even when someone argues it all it takes is a RAW interpretation.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    In Flashing Blades, one of the Secrets (Limitations) was Don Juan. I had to explain many times that Don Juan did not give you any skills; it gave you the obsession with, and inability to resist,any potential love interest you saw. But it did not give you any ability to succeed. Those came with the skill Seduction.
    So it makes you Brock.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

A flumph. Just a flumph.