New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1157
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central X: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

A B Normal Werewolf Game or Meta WW II

2. - Top - End - #992
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Werewolf Central X: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

With my hosting slot drawing closer, it's time to present my game concept.

Format: 17 players, cardflip

The Arsonists

They don't know each other, but they still win together if at least one of them makes it until the end.

All Arsonists can either douse a player with gasoline at night, or ignite all doused players, including those ignited by other arsonists (which can end up with an arsonist burning himself!). An arsonist can also target himself at night to clean themselves from gasoline if they have some. Cleaning goes into immediate effect, i.e. if you clean yourself the same night when someone ignites, you still survive. Dousing does not go into immediate effect, i.e. if someone is doused, they can only be ignited on subsequent nights.

Nobody will know about getting doused, upon a few exceptions (firefighter, pyro expert, sensitive arsonist).

Smart Arsonist: can additionally learn if the person they doused is an arsonist or not.
    Sly Arsonist: anyone they're dousing will cardflip orange upon the sheriff's inspection.
    Sensitive Arsonist: will know about getting doused by another arsonist.

The Townsfolk

Firefighter: will know about getting doused, can protect someone else from ignition, as well as protecting everyone who visits the protected. Alternatively, once in the game, he can try to protect self and nominate a volunteer firefighter (VF) simultaneously. If he finds a vanilla townie, he'll make them a VF and the VF becomes the new firefighter if the firefighter dies.
    Sheriff: inspects a player at night. The first townsperson investigated by them will become a deputy (cardflipping blue and becoming the sheriff once the sheriff dies).
    Lookout: watches someone at night to see who visits them. ("player A was visited by B, C ...")
    Pyrotechnics Expert: can visit someone every night to clean them. Will be notified about getting doused himself, and can clean self once in the game. His knowledge makes him appear suspicious though.
    Townsperson
    Townsperson
    Townsperson
    Townsperson
    Townsperson
    Townsperson
    Townsperson
    Townsperson
    Townsperson
    Townsperson

As recommended in the OP, I'm looking for a co-narrator, in fact, someone doing the narration alone, since I really fail at doing some myself, but I don't want it to be missed out knowing that it's highly regarded here.
    Last edited by Fuchur; 2017-08-30 at 07:20 AM.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

I take it that roles aren't revealed on death, just role color by the way the Sly Arsonist works? If so that's pretty interesting.

4. - Top - End - #994
    TheDarkFoo
    Guest in the Playground

I wouldn't mind co-modding, depending on the time needed.

If you don't mind somebody who's new to this forum as a co-mod, anyway(this is my second post here). That isn't to say I lack the needed skills, I've run two games of my own before on another forum, it's just the fact that I'm not used to this forum, which might prove inhibitive to my abilities.

You say you're looking for someone to just handle the narration, or as I know it, the flavor? Sure. Have a sample, if it helps.

Spoiler: Flavor Sample
    Show

Traitors in our midst, TheDarkFoo and Fuchur proclaimed! Arsonists! "We're all going to be burned alive!" They had proclaimed this many times before. They were mocked, derided, ridiculed. The night came.

In the morning, both their houses were found burned down. This time, unlike the many last times, they were actually right.

That was the beginning of the town's strife, but certainly not the end of it. The happy, trusting atmosphere of the town was incinerated. Arsonists hid within the ordinary people's midst. The townspeople had two advantages, thankfully. Evidence that TheDarkFoo had gathered proved there were only three arsonists, and there were a total of 17 people in the town. The town had numbers, and could lynch the dreaded arsonists... if they could find them, anyway. Fuchur had arranged for several members of the town to receive specialized training to help fight the arsonists in secret... the Firefighter, Sheriff, Lookout, and Pyrotechnics Expert had abilities that would let them contribute far more than the average townspeople, who could only vote.

In the morning, the town gathered together. They had much to discuss, and three arsonists to lynch.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkFoo View Post
    I wouldn't mind co-modding, depending on the time needed.

If you don't mind somebody who's new to this forum as a co-mod, anyway(this is my second post here). That isn't to say I lack the needed skills, I've run two games of my own before on another forum, it's just the fact that I'm not used to this forum, which might prove inhibitive to my abilities.

You say you're looking for someone to just handle the narration, or as I know it, the flavor? Sure. Have a sample, if it helps.

Spoiler: Flavor Sample
    Show

Traitors in our midst, TheDarkFoo and Fuchur proclaimed! Arsonists! "We're all going to be burned alive!" They had proclaimed this many times before. They were mocked, derided, ridiculed. The night came.

In the morning, both their houses were found burned down. This time, unlike the many last times, they were actually right.

That was the beginning of the town's strife, but certainly not the end of it. The happy, trusting atmosphere of the town was incinerated. Arsonists hid within the ordinary people's midst. The townspeople had two advantages, thankfully. Evidence that TheDarkFoo had gathered proved there were only three arsonists, and there were a total of 17 people in the town. The town had numbers, and could lynch the dreaded arsonists... if they could find them, anyway. Fuchur had arranged for several members of the town to receive specialized training to help fight the arsonists in secret... the Firefighter, Sheriff, Lookout, and Pyrotechnics Expert had abilities that would let them contribute far more than the average townspeople, who could only vote.

In the morning, the town gathered together. They had much to discuss, and three arsonists to lynch.
    I'm more of a mechanics guy, so if you have a game in mind with flavor, I'd be willing to be your second.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

6. - Top - End - #996
    TheDarkFoo
    Guest in the Playground

Funny thing is, in that post, I was actually offering to be Fuchur's co-narrator for his proposed Arsonists game.

The second funny thing is that I'm actually more of a mechanics guy myself, though my mechanics trend towards "Reasonable Chaos" and "Hidden Secrets" as opposed to "Full Order" and "Full Knowledge".

7. - Top - End - #997
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Reverse WW: the Reawakening

Has been submitted for Mod approval I hope to have as many people join as possible look forward to running!

-edit-
    Hope no one minds I submitted it tonight as I will be busy tomorrow
    Last edited by Wizibirb; 2017-09-10 at 12:51 AM.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

8. - Top - End - #998

NecromancerGirl

Please join

It is my first narration since I have returned and I really want to do my best I hope everyone takes part and enjoys the game.
    I am alive!

9. - Top - End - #999
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, sorry for not getting back to this quickly. Don't worry, I haven't forgot.

TheDarkFoo, pls let me know if you're still interested with co-modding. You can also check out Indarra's recent "The Baal Epic" game as an example of good narration style etc.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just letting everyone know, I probably won't be able to play any WW games for a while.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    TheDarkFoo
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchur View Post
    Well, sorry for not getting back to this quickly. Don't worry, I haven't forgot.

TheDarkFoo, pls let me know if you're still interested with co-modding. You can also check out Indarra's recent "The Baal Epic" game as an example of good narration style etc.
    Still here. Still willing.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cool! I'll set the thread up sometime tomorrow and I'm happy to see your writing during the recruitment.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to state for the record that Hillbilly mafia is not ready to run at this time. If anyone would like to try and claim my current spot, I welcome it.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

mine can't happen as well. Where are all the people gone?

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

Into Hershey's Cookies & Cream?

16. - Top - End - #1006
    TheDarkFoo
    Guest in the Playground

I'm considering running a smaller(9 players) game.

On a definitely related note: which sounds better, Masks and Magic, or Magic and Masks?

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Halfling in the Playground

Masks and Magic.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

Masques of Magic!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1009
    TheDarkFoo
    Guest in the Playground

If I do run the game, here would be the basic idea:
    The players are mages of various skill levels, residing in a magic castle. But lo, a dreaded Sorcerer, or perhaps two, has infiltrated the castle and seeks to end the lives of the Fellowship of Magic!

What types of magic exist would be public for the most part, but exactly what could be done with each type of magic would be known only by the person who has it.

For example, some types of magic that I'm contemplating including are Elementalism, Mind Magic, Runes, and Scrying, but only broad strokes of what can be done with them will be public, and some secret magic types will be kept hidden.

The game's second main mechanic is the masks(borrowed from two games on another forum, I wish it was original). Each player has a mask. Night actions can mostly only be targeted to a mask, not the player wearing it. This creates a need to figure out who is wearing what mask via detective work.

I'm still considering whether or not a player should know what mask they're wearing.

Considering the lack of players here, the first game would be nine players.

20. - Top - End - #1010

I think you shouldn’t know your mask.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

With such a small number of players and thus shorter game, I think players should know their own masks. Otherwise too much of the game will be spent trying to figure out their own mask and not enough focused on all the other things they could be doing.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    TheDarkFoo
    Guest in the Playground

If players know their own masks, there's the danger of a mask massclaim as soon as the game begins, though, which breaks most of the fun with the masks mechanic.

Do you have any ideas as to how to counter that?

23. - Top - End - #1013

Tell everyone two masks at the beginning. One is theirs, the other is randomly assigned?

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Tell everyone two masks at the beginning. One is theirs, the other is randomly assigned?
    This is a good compromise. The benefit is the Narrator can choose to make it clear if the mask names given are all real masks or not. Note that giving fake mask as possible masks makes it possible for players to claim masks that they know nobody has.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    TheDarkFoo
    Guest in the Playground

I like that idea.

The idea of giving players masks that don't exist is interesting, but it breaks because players have to know what masks are available to target.

That could be solved, however, by creating "false masks" that belong to inactive NPCs.

Edit:
    I've realized that the whole magic schools complicates this quite a bit. If I adjust it a bit to Masks and Minds... replace magic with psychic powers... everything gets a lot simpler.
    Last edited by TheDarkFoo; 2017-10-21 at 07:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

After the last two running games being finished, there will be an indefinite hiatus ...

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

Hiatus of what?

28. - Top - End - #1018

NecromancerGirl

can I sign up for a spot? no official name yet or rules
    I am alive!

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ghost in the Playground

Chimera

Quick Mafia Championship Update

For those who didn't follow the Mafia Championship to the end, Dels from GameFAQs ended up winning the fourth season. He will be receiving a winner's certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of Mafia.

Hydra Event 2017 - Interested?

As some of you may recall, last year 220 players from dozens of different communities participated in the first ever cross-community Hydra Event. It was a big success and people have been wanting another one, so... It's finally here! :)

If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the concept is that each participating community can send multiple hydras if they want, each consisting of two players, which tends to make the game more fun in addition to making it easier to be active since two players are playing on the same account.

Sign-ups will be open for next couple of weeks.

If you'd like to play, just find a partner and lemme know either here or in the thread below.

More info here: www .mafiauniverse . com/forums/threads/12461-Hydra-Event-2017

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Hiatus of what?
    hiatus of further games (maybe) ...

more than half of the playerbase suddenly left right when I started my game and no other scheduled game was started as well. Hopefully they're coming back, now that I received two further sign-ups, and hopefully more games will happen.