New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Werewolf Central X: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I will take the next earliest slot (seems to be September 27).

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central X: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quick opinion needed: If I post the following, a verbatim post from myself, would anybody be able to deduce anything about anyone's role:

FYI: I have not received all my PMs. I cannot move onward without them.
    I have been accused, based on the above post, of giving information away for power roles. Thoughts?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

If you have very few power roles and there are people who can be proven to have been around and those who can be proven to not have been around, you could have given away the identity of a power role yes. And it's not super hard to prove who has/hasn't been around since you can see when someone was last online on their profile. That said, it's not a clear cut indicator as people have been known to log on and do other stuff and completely forget/not have time to send in their night actions before.

Edit: That said if you already PMed the people who hadn't sent in actions and there wasn't a response after a few days and you hadn't known they were going to be gone ahead of time, not exactly sure what else you could do if someone asked as staying silent would be taken the same way as stating what you did and lying would probably have effects of it's own and just be weird and unfair if it did become important somehow.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-07-08 at 12:40 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

It looks like you waited until night was supposed to be over, right? I feel like it is fairly common practice to make a post like that if you don't have all the night's actions by when night is supposed to end. At least, I'm pretty sure I've seen it more than once or twice before.

So I'd say what you did was fine, even if maybe people can get a guess at who the power role is. If people haven't sent in their action by the end of night they need to be prodded. Maybe the best way to do it is to send them a PM first and only post if you don't get a response that way.
    Last edited by Aventine; 2015-07-08 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

What Aventine said. They can assume it's someone who hasn't been posting regularly, but they have no real proof. Someone might have just forgotten, as I have done in the past, and needed a reminder.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    What Aventine said. They can assume it's someone who hasn't been posting regularly, but they have no real proof. Someone might have just forgotten, as I have done in the past, and needed a reminder.
    I once played a game where I forgot I was the seer for like 5 nights (to be fair, my life was taking a crap at that point - I was playing but my focus was completely gone).
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    It looks like you waited until night was supposed to be over, right? I feel like it is fairly common practice to make a post like that if you don't have all the night's actions by when night is supposed to end. At least, I'm pretty sure I've seen it more than once or twice before.
    I never see this. A deadline is a deadline; if people miss their actions, so sad.
    Amount of proof doesn't matter. It could make the difference in a tough choice. The narrator should never improperly leak any information to the players, by any means.
    If you want to remind people then send a PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Just a heads up: "Murder at the Academy" will cease recruiting on Wednesday, July 15th.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

A word of warning:

So, our internet at home inexplicably stopped working. My laptop was shorted at the library last week. (Friend is fixing it, but waiting on a replacement part to ship in) My phone isn't much count in getting into the internet - I can occasionally get on to look, but I can't always sign in (and as such, can't always post) I'm currently at the library on my mother's laptop.

So, if my posting activity seems infrequent... there you have it.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

It's only just occurred to me as a possibility, but are people allowed to PM others with a link to their QT?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    It's only just occurred to me as a possibility, but are people allowed to PM others with a link to their QT?
    When I'm Narrator I don't allow people to link any QTs that I set up, because I put their role in them so linking it is me confirming their role. But it's up to the game's Narrator to say yes or no.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

My opinion is that I'm rather liberal with what people are allowed to do (quoting role PMs and such - they can be faked (I have), so it's not entirely trustworthy information) but linking a QT might be a bit much since faking that would require a lot of work.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

13. - Top - End - #253

You can't post a QT containing the narrator if the narrator regularly logs in to quicktopic--then their name is given a star if it's real. But I wouldn't allow posting QTs in either case.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

The wolves were allowed to give out our QT link in the last Classic game I played. We ended up inviting the Devil, which was convientent although not significantly more so than just creating a new QT.

If I was running a game I would specifically disallow sending out any QT link for the above "too much work to fake" issues (although I would also probably disallow PMs).

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Maybe a rule that only the wolves can share their QT? Although there are probably rule sets such that it's advantageous for the wolves to prove that they are wolves, so maybe not.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Usually I've always had the impression that only the narrator should give out QTs in a game. QTs should only be shared if the narrator is okay with it.

17. - Top - End - #257

Hey all. Werewolf Classic XIX has now concluded with a WEREWOLF win. Thank you all, again, for the honor and privilege of Narrating a game. As I said in my last post, I apologize for any errors or shortcomings on my part. I think I'm going to take a nice long break from the Werewolf games for a bit, though, to examine both my Narrating style as well as looking at how this last game went, but don't mistake this for leaving, as I will lurk on the occasional game, and I will always be available by PM. Also, feel free to check out my PbP game that I run if you get the urge. In any case, thank you all again.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Logic, since it doesn't look like Banjo will be returning any time soon, would you like to start recruiting for your game?
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-07-29 at 10:02 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Nevermind. Apparently Cuthalion has returned and begun recruiting for....So if you'd like to join there is the link.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Halfling in the Playground

I forgot to mention-my posting from now until next Wednesday-ish is gonna be very limited. I'm road tripping to a con.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mutineer's Werewolf has ended in a victory for the Town and Captain Fawkes.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ghost in the Playground

Chimera

The 2015 Mafia Championship Finale Game Has Officially Begun: http://www.mafiauniverse.net/threads...ionship-Finale

The series started in 2013. Now here we are, 2 years later, season 2 finale, the conclusion to a season that featured 70 representatives from 70 different communities. The best of the best have faced off against each other, and only 13 could advance to the finale. It's now finally time for the ultimate showdown to determine who is the best forum mafia player on the internet.

I hope you'll be watching and cheering on Zack and Askthepizzaguy :)

I also really hope that some of you will want to join our Skype spectator chat (add me: thingyman). It has 100+ people from a bunch of different communities, and it's a ton of fun. Don't miss out!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, there's only like 5 pages up too. Pizza's in fine form.

Hmm, is there a highlights reel for the previous games?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

According to Pizza's Bio, it's all his fault we are (or were) losing players at alarming rates.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

25. - Top - End - #265

Attention to all: I had a previous typo in the final list: HELGRAF, NOT B-MAN, was the *BANER*. Their names were side-by-side in my list and their roles were mistakenly swapped.

That is all.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2015-08-05 at 07:54 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

May I request a temporary narrator to send in a few day and night messages during my absence between the 9th and the 17th?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    May I request a temporary narrator to send in a few day and night messages during my absence between the 9th and the 17th?
    I may be able to help you out. PM me for your requirements.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    According to Pizza's Bio, it's all his fault we are (or were) losing players at alarming rates.
    Really? Where's that? And... I don't believe that to be true. I'd love to hear an explanation.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Really? Where's that? And... I don't believe that to be true. I'd love to hear an explanation.
    Username for this game: Askthepizzaguy

Representing: The Org

Started playing in: 2008

Bio:
    Askthepizzaguy is the only player in history convinced that if he stares at a screen long enough, and types enough words, he can force people to confess their roles in the guessing game known as mafia. He's also convinced that he's good at it, despite mountains of evidence otherwise. Selected for the previous season of mafia championships for absolutely no reason that we can see, he joined the website 2+2 and was thoroughly satisfied with himself for voting nothing but scumbags in one game, surviving to the final lynch, and being lynched instead of convincing anyone at all to lynch even a single wolf, because he's under the impression that is a notable accomplishment. Having driven away all the players from TWC, he achieved a similar goal at his native website known as the Org, and once hosted a mafia game so terrible that mafia is no longer even played on the Straight Dope, and every other website he's been to is losing players at an alarming rate. His most recent accomplishments feature a string of unfinished overhyped and overdesigned games, and seems to understand the word "retirement" much like a professional wrestler does, and continually announces his retirement forever from mafia games on multiple sites, only to still hang around as if anyone cares, and voluntarily join more games no one asked him to join. Basically, he's a clingy, self-absorbed, delusional, overly talkative, emo bitch, so he'll fit right in at 2+2.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

What Cuthalion wrote is Pizza's bio in the mafia championship.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.