New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars: Convergence

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    Will 3 looks wondering and slightly annoyed at Leandra: Why?​ His arms are by his side but he's tense, ready to avoid an attack.
    "BECAUSE!"

This answer is unsatisfactory and she knows it. Leandra adjusts her glasses and tries to collect herself.

"Because, while I want to respect your rights as a sentient being, I still don't like the idea of turning ourselves into a legion of bloodthirsty undead. Alright?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2015-03-04 at 09:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Reasonable concern Will 3 acknowledge. However look at it from an objective point of view. The world may END within some unknown time limit. The vampire venom amplifies the strength that your already have and diminishes your weakness and we are going to need all the strength that we have. Do you find that a need to keep your instincts in check outperforms amplified power, lack of need for sleep and eternal life. If something major happens when we sleep then what? Sure we can get up but we won't be fighting for full power. And what if a fight drags so far out that your body can't withstand the exhaustion or lack of sleep? In a previous life the vampire venom was being offered freely to anyone who would like to avoid dying and have 24 hours a day, yes that included every single human on the earth. As long as we stay away from human blood and only drink animal the risk of running wild is almost non-existant.

In the meantime Will 2 finds the hidden door to the lab. Obviously it had to be hidden. Megamind was such a dramaqueen. He starts working something simple, a mask with a filter that can sort out the human particles from the air. Things are going significantly faster with superhuman speed and precision than it did in his memories.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bishop: Just shoot him. Kill him. End him.
    Naruto: Tempted to agree with the man, more vampires can be a problem.
    Tavi: Hey it doesn't seem hostile yet.
    Korra: And you aren't one to speak Naruto you can multiply too.
    Naruto: I'm not... an undying monster.
    So we discard the office eternal youth could be interesting.
    T: Water crafting won't be as powerful but certainly has much lesser risks.
    B: Kill it!
    No. If the world is to end it won't mater if we kill it. It will die eventually till then it can be helpful.

Booker looks at Will and shakes his heat in a slow negation.

Normally I'm good at reading people. Knowing when people lie. I can't read you at all. Still let me tell you this. If the world may END within some unknown time limit what's the point of eternal life? You are also making assumptions. You are assuming that we need to sleep. You are assuming that we don't to keep our instincts in check.

Spoiler
    Show
    Naruto?
    N: Kurama might not like it but go ahead.

Have you considered that some of us have a similar temptation for power? We all have our inner demons, some metaphorical some literal, offering power in exchange of control. But you know what? I'm on control. I'm the captain of my soul.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Normally I'm good at reading people. Knowing when people lie. I can't read you at all.
    It's part of one of my souls powers, she has a shield that she eventually learned how to use against emotion reading.

Still let me tell you this. If the w1orld may END within some unknown time limit what's the point of eternal life?

Good point, still your only adressing one of the many advantages of being a vampire. Does that mean that you don't have a responds to the rest?

You are also making assumptions. You are assuming that we need to sleep. You are assuming that we don't to keep our instincts in check.

Have you considered that some of us have a similar temptation for power? We all have our inner demons, some metaphorical some literal, offering power in exchange of control. But you know what? I'm on control. I'm the captain of my soul.
    Will is a bit confused after hearing Booker's last sentences. It sounded like he wasn't completely in control of his instincts and had some literal demon inside him but still said that he was in control. Very contradictive. Sooo you have a literal demon inside you...? he says hesitantly before continueing with more certainty. I don't find the assumption that people need to sleep unreasonable. All humans from this world do.

He suddenly realises something and takes an in depth look at the other egos.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He uses an ability to see the chemical composition of things on the other egos. Do they differ from each other or are they still the same species?

At any rate if you are struggling with instincts already or are somewhat unstable you probably shouldn't go vamp, the venom will also amplify that part.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2015-03-06 at 07:13 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Leandra's still human, chemically speaking.

At any rate if you are struggling with instincts already or are somewhat unstable you probably shouldn't go vamp, the venom will also amplify that part.
    "I see. Then, we should probably make sure we're each comfortable with our current circumstances before we burden ourselves with that sort of additional difficulty, right?"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Fine whatever. I feel fairly comfortable with being as it, it was just overwhelming in the start. What about you?

He then adds as an afterthought to the computer. How do we leave the facility? If the computer says something similar to "you can't" then he'll ask it to summon Celeste.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

The computer briefly explains the user-interface for the exit portal (which is rather similar to using the contacts on a cellphone or email, although the phone doesn't describe how to add new addresses), before once more repeating the now-familiar line about authorization. When Will requests that it summon Celeste, the computer reminds him that he's already had it send a message to the authorized individuals, and asks if he still wants to send a repeat message to Celeste.

Whether or not Will has it message Celeste again, there are no immediate results. Either no e of the authorized individuals are near their computers/communications at the moment, or The requests are diberately being ignored.
    Quote:
    One of the hardest parts of DMing is to give players a reason to railroad themselves.
    (Originally Posted by Rockphed)

Quote:
    You're making a reasonable and rational argument here, instead of pandering to the extremists on either side. Stop it. I'm pretty sure that's a banning offense on the internet.
    (Originally Posted by Swordguy)

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

"It looks like we'll just have to be patient." LB can't help but feel a little pride of victory as the kid gets the repeated Request Denied messages, and then a little guilt for having that reaction. She'll have to work on that.

"It's probably for the best, I think. I'm not sure what I'd do if I had to face Celeste right now; I'd rather have a night's rest to sort through what I'm feeling first."

"It might be good for you, too, you know. Even if you don't have to sleep, we've still been through a lot. It couldn't hurt to actually take some time and meditate on it."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Actually, I think we should hold off on any power sharing powers for now," Edie voiced once he was sure no conflict would arise, "Until we know more about what we're dealing with homogenizing ourselves is a bad idea. We don't know what will be an advantage or a disadvantage yet after all; no clue about how this distortions can affects us, our tech, or our powers. As it is there are equal chances that turning into Will's breed of vampire might doom us, form the key to our victory, or not have a significant effect on our odds,"

"Leandra's right, even if I don't agree with her tone... for the time being we're all better off adapting to our new situations, and figuring up how our...inheritances from our past lives mingle with one another. Once we've got that down pat, then we can talk about more permanent enhancements or joint projects," he explained before an idea striking to him.

"Come to think of it, some group combat drills might not be a bad idea once we've all had a chance to settle in; with the very real possibility of any and all of us having to deal with gods only know what once we reach one of these gates, it'd be a good idea to train together. If nothing else, it'll help us coordinate better later on and get the hang of our rustier skills,"

Computer, is there any sort of viable space that we can access that can be used for training and experimentation involving our Soul's capabilities; and is there any way to contact our friends and families? Given our expected prolonged stay it would be preferable to have a chance to allay fears and complications that may arrive due to our sudden absences,

Spoiler: Phsycal Analysis done by Will
    Show
    '

Edie greatly differs from others chemicly, though I believe Will might have some difficulties understanding the nature of the changes due to the limited exposure of his Soul to supernatural elements. While he was certainly humans his physiology has been greatly changed by the actualization of his soul upon his body, becoming nonhuman despite his perfectly human looking appearance.

In DnD terms Edie's race is a bit of a sliding scale. Tsuna was human, Natsu was a Dragon Touched Human with the Fire Subtype, Hao was a human you reached the Native Outsider and Spirit subtypes, while Ryuu/Fou Lou/The Yorae Dragon is effectively an Extra-planar Dragon on par with DnD's version of Bahamut when he regained his full power; though he sealed away most of that power so he could live a normal life with his loved ones and die with them.

In short Edie should likely read as a True Dragon with the Extra Planar, Fire, and Spirit Subtypes; I think he technically counts as a Divine rank 0 entity as well, akin to folks like Hercules and his ilk. Though his body is capable of changing itself from Human to Human Draconic, to Half Dragon, and finally to True Dragon via the use of his powers. Hope that helps.

What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Will doesn't send the message and is satisfied that the machine have showed him a way to get out.

He let's out a sigh, as usually, adults didn't bother to actually listen to what he said. It may not hurt you to do nothing for the next 8 hours but it hurts others. In the time that you will spent sleeping, roughly 52.000 people will die. People that could have been saved with the vampire venom. And that's assuming that the portal remains put. And then there are a large number of people who could have been cured from various illnesses and handicaps. But I suppose that's fine as long as it isn't people you care about?

Doing some training is a good idea he agrees.

He looks at Eddie with a puzzled look. Your body looks.. interesting to say the least. Mind if I take a sample?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

"Will, you're missing the point. As it stands, I wouldn't wish the venom on anyone, dying or not, my loved ones least of all."

LB gives up and decides to just spill out all of her thoughts at this point. Most people here can probably read her mind anyway.

"The way you continue to pursue this so single-mindedly and speak of it so reverently reminds me of someone in a cult. It makes me wonder whether something is manipulating you into spreading your affliction on an unconscious level. It might not even be a supernatural spirit telling you what to do, though the thought has crossed my mind. I suspect that your altered blood is simply subjecting you to such an intense feeling of power and ecstasy that your own natural inclination to share your gifts with others has been magnified and, to an extent, corrupted by the experience. I believe that your opinion of the venom as a cure-all immortality potion is a transient and incomplete one, and I further expect that upon reflection you will reach the conclusion that the course of infecting as many people as possible is, in the end, destructive. I would much rather accept the proposed price of your inactivity over rashly transforming the entire planet Earth into a cautionary tale demonstrating that same conclusion."

She takes a deep breath, relieved.

"Ahh... ha, part of me really need that. Now, let's please talk about something else. Ed, what sort of drills did you have in mind?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Will looks wide-eyed at Leandra as he listens all the way through her disillusionel train of thought. Ehm.. so you literally incorrect in everything you just said. Alright, to avoid miscommunication:
    1. The only counter argument that you have given is that we don't know how the venom will interact with our powers. I find the consern unlikely but since I can't think of a way to prove you wrong I'm accepting it. That's why I, you know, stopped talking about it.
    2. Can we agree that death and diseases that render people vegetables are bad? Possibly the worst thing that can happen to a person? If we can then explain to me exactly what your fears are. Despite vampires being physically stronger they aren't capable of any more destruction of humans with technology already are.
    3. In one of my previous lives the offer of immortality was already in the process of being give to all humans and there were few complications.
    That said you may be right in that I'm rushing things. Turning some and studying them in a closed environment would be preferable to start. Definitely doing psychological tests on the people making applications to becoming vampires. Do you have other ideas for precautions?

Appears on the screen as Will seems to be in deep thoughts.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Booker raises his hands against his temples. One part of him, represented by a black adult, is pushing for him to just kill the vampire and be done with it. Most other parts were starting to agree with Bishop's internal voice. Booker himself, for after all he was himself, didn't know what to do. On one hand some of the blabber made sense. On the other hand it was just a bad bad thing.

"As is there is no stablished trust. You are offering something that you describe as "venom" to us. While it might in fact do what you are claiming it does, and work like you are claiming it does, you must understand that both the word "venom" and "vampire" have strong negative connotations. If you are still yourself, you should know this. If you have subsumed into one of your new awakened spirits and as such don't know this understand that this makes it even harder for us to trust you. For all intent and purposes I'm feeling the same from you that I would feel from a corpse. To me you are physically dead. I'm not claiming this as an intuition, I was connected to your body as it died. You are insisting on doing that to us. You are insisting in killing us with some venom. You are insisting in killing our loved ones too. Yet somehow you seem capable of understanding why we are opposed to that."

Unable to hold back he moves towards Will drawing his body close to the other. While Booker's aura is not aggressive he seems purposeful.

"You know what you are doing? With all your righteous talk about people dying? You are guilt tripping us. But you know what? People are going to die iregardles of me, or anyone, becoming a vampire. You want to save all of them. Well you can't. There is only one of you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Booker's body is chemically speaking human or close enough. At least right now.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Will is baffled by his ignorance and has to exercise control to not plant his palm on his face. Note to self: Figure out terms with more positive connotations that venom and vampire.

To repeat myself then I did admit that subjecting you to the venom shouldn't happen. So you are opposed to the whole vampire business because of negative connotations and the lack of emotions that you feel from me? He says and searches his memories before continuing, I can work with that. If I get some time to practice I should be able to take the shields around my head down so you can see that there's still emotions here. The shield is something specific to the vampire which memories I inherited and wouldn't be present in basicly anyone else.

I think that you completely miss the point. The point is that I CAN help all humans by distributing venom and that it will negate death from almost all accidents not involving fire and negate death from ANY natural cause. If I had had this power when my grandfather died he would still be alive.

That said your argument regarding possible soul overtaking is legit. I'll let this debate rest until we have gotten to trust each other more. He look a bit sad as he adds but you should know that every day that you wait with starting the prodecure you are personally responsible for over 150.000 people's death. It's not a righteous talk, it's a fact and it's delusional of you to think otherwise.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Shizune is loving every second of this. I suppose that in that universe, Will's one soul must have somehow convinced all of humanity to accept their leadership in return for immortality. How did he say it before? She achieved, 'dominion over her kind?' No doubt, her experience was that everyone therefore lived happily ever after in an eternal vampire aristocracy.

"Heh, no doubt. Which naturally raises the question: what's she doing here? How did this shiny, happy utopia turn on its benevolent founder? Now, there's the story I wanna hear."

Leandra suddenly laughs!

"Ha! Okay, I know what's happening here; we each say we want to stop this conversation, but then we just provoke each other by slipping in something passive-aggressive at the end. Enough, already! I know I'm not changing your mind, and it doesn't even matter right now anyway. If you'd like, you can write up a more detailed account of how your plan worked the first time, and we can return to it when the time is right."
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2015-03-15 at 12:11 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Booker's mind
    Show

Bishop: Can we just reduce the leech to cinders?
    Naruto: While he doesn't seem to have ill intentions he is being stupid about it. Fire won't help that.
    Tavi: He is obnoxious to say the least.
    Korra: Guys, if we burn him we are going to give him the higher moral ground.
    B: He will be dead, who cares?
    Okay, guys, enough. Look. He is a brat. Okay, we get it. He seems to consider death something morally wrong instead of a physiological limit on our bodies. If it were my kid I would smack him. But that won't work. He has thought patterns that we cannot alter. He is thinking, wrong, but thinking. Any action we take will reinforce that.
    K: Sometimes you are surprisingly insightful.
    N: So what you are saying is that whatever we do or say he will use it to reinforce his point?
    T: He is focused on that. And as Leandra pointed out he is successful in goading us.
    This is what we are going to do. Bishop you are going to play the only sane man.
    B: I am the only sane man.
    Good, now you are going to defend with all your might that vampirification is the way to go.
    B: No way in hell.
    Look we are all saying the same thing, we are reinforcing our own opinions by doing so. We need another point of view.
    B: But why me?, I'm clearly against the leech.
    T: Probably because you are, you need to try to convince the rest of us. Rather hard.
    There is also the fact that you as a mutant are different from average humans and might be able to relate.
    B: I am not a mutant supremacist!

Booker seems lost in mind for a moment. His hands have gone towards Will as if they are going to take him and raise him up. Or perhaps just slap him. Or who knows, check his shirt or something. Whatever the man was going to do to the vampire Leandra's laughter was rather good at stopping him. He stands there, blinking twice, and then steps back. Looking at Leandra and nodding.

You are right. He is good at goading me like a bull.

He steps further back and looks towards Will.

You sound like you are good with numbers and morals. I don't want to argue further, and I think Leandra's idea of working on your plan privately is a good thing. Few things to consider whenever you brew your plan. First implement it before sharing it and I'll do all in my hand to burn you to ashes. I hope that doesn't sound passive. Second consider vampire reproduction, as far as I'm aware you cannot reproduce and only expand your numbers by infecting humans. If you infect all the humans there won't be more humans to infect. How many humans, per day, won't be naturally born because of your actions? I don't know the numbers but isn't Earth population growing? What you propose is a stagnant system that cannot increase it's population. A system that can only reduce it's population. Third what about people with moral oposition to becoming a vampire? I don't really understand vegan or vegetarian way of thinking but you will have to deal with them. I'm sure there are ways to do it inside your head. I'm sure most of your kin wherever your memories come from didn't only drink animal blood and it took them some convincing. For the matter what about those new turned urbanite vampires who thirst for blood and don't have animals close by or are simply not going to look for cow blood? Fourth and last point. How fast are you when it comes to converting people? Can you convert all human population on Earth on one seating without having them relocate to your position?

If Will responds Booker will shrug and raise a hand saying.

You don't need to answer now. Just think about it. You are clearly good when it comes to thinking.

Then he will turn to Ed and Leandra.

I'm also interested in that training. If you want hand to hand training I can help you with that. Alternatively my power sets make me more suited for suport and battlefield control. You already saw me doing some healing.
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-03-15 at 04:28 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Will refrains from pointing out that he just now said that that he would step down and that his words weren't ment to provoking as much as they were facts. He knows that the latter will be taken as yet another provokation.

Instead a big smile appears on his face, happy that he at least have made a little progress. I can work with that.

When Bookers steps forward Will bends slightly forward and prepares to block an attack. He relaxes slightly as Booker's expression turns less aggresive but remain on his guards. I'll take your words into consideration he responds neutrally, not sure which responds would trigger an actual attack. Sensing that his the atmosphere is too tense and that none of the other Ego's are going to leave and do something stubid he heads towards his room. I'll be in my room, you said you wanted to sleep so knock when you are ready.

He has barely left the room before Will 1 enters through the door in the opposite end of the room, heading in the same direction as Will 2. If anyone looks at him strangely he'll respond with a frown and a "what?"

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Edie grits his teeth as the argument only heats up further despite the fact it had been ebbing just then; the conversation swiftly going down paths he found distasteful, and having way too many buttons he never even knew he had until a while ago being pushed with complete abandon. The young man couldn't get a word in edgewise as the two older Soul's ganged up on Will, and he was easily a few moments away from snapping at them before as he saw. Seeing in their hearts a darkness all too similar to what led to those he thought as allies betraying him so long ago.

When all is said and done Edie shares with Will a sympathetic glance, "I'll pass by your room later, and we can talk out what it is you're interested in okay?" he offered to Will good naturedly as he left, shaking his head slightly at the display of power before turning to his companions. He'd have to figure out how the young man was collocating like that when next they spoke.

"The training should serve three goals. First and foremost, to accustom our bodies to the influx of new abilities and combat styles. I don't know about either of you; but in several lives I was either taught a formal style, or ended up creating one designed to get the most out of my body and my abilities at the time. Now however, I have those skills; but I lack the muscle memory and my capabilities are leagues and bounds from what they where in some of my lives. Ofcourse this isn't even counting differences in body type and size either. Moreover, I doubt this problem just applies to physical skills but our abilities as well. We need to test those limits, and help one another correct any aberrations to help adapt as best we can to our situations; otherwise we're bound to make some sort of mistep or strain ourselves at the wrong time. This also includes learning how the different skills and powers each of our pastselves gained can complement

The second goal is to see how our arts, and powers interact with one another; so we know which interactions to avoid, and what combinations will yield the best results.. In my case in particular, my powers are strongly driven by synergy and Harmony and can induce it in others; so I should be capable of allowing cooperative maneuvers between several of us to happen far more easily, even if it might not normally be possible for the abilities to do so. With the final goal being the development of ways to best cover our weaknesses; between the many disciplines we all bring to the table we should be able to equip ourselves properly. After all in the end, we have no idea what we're facing so every advantage we can find,
    " he explain dutifully, pausing for a moment to let his words be taken in before continuing.

"Ideally we'll use a prepared training area for this, and should we lack one hear I may be able to provide a suitable locale; though best to leave that as a final choice. Initially we should test ourselves against shikigami's and perhaps some of Akira's conjurations if he has some which are not unique beings. Once everyone has a firm grasp on their abilities it should be safe to actively train against one another, and group training can being in earnest to consolidate our teamwork. At least, that's what I've come up with so far,"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler: Jason's Room
    Show
    Following the revelation that Mayurra's familiar had also been Awakened, and that his one Awakened Soul was, as far as they knew, an ordinary dog, Jason resumed poking around his quarters. Of the two remaining rooms, one was a decent-sized bathroom, and the other... was more an armory than the super-sized closet he'd envisioned. There were guns of various sorts from multiple different universes, as well as a variety of melee weapons and a bow that made May squeal with recognition and delight, along with a stockpile of ammunition for all applicable. The armory also contained a variety of armor and gadgets.

The attention of Jason's Souls was jerked in about a dozen directions at once, mostly from May (whose enthusiasm for gear was now readily apparent). Unable to filter out the relevant input from the noise, Jason found himself standing stunned for several seconds in the doorway, until Tethrysn headbutted him in the back of the knees, causing him to stumble the rest of the way into the room. Apparently sensing how overwhelmed he was, the cat bounded over to the armor section of the armory and snatched a silvery garment that was folded on a table. May, check it out, they even got your super-expensive silkweave armor!

This caused May's focus to finally settle on one item, to Jason's intense relief. It also dampened her glee somewhat. But how am I supposed to wear it? Jason's much taller than I was, and male besides.

Taking the garment from the feline, Jason let gravity unfold it as he held it up. "... I think Celeste anticipated that problem," he observed. May once more squealed with delight.

That's getting irritating, Kaidan complained. Thereafter, Mayurra did her best to mute her excitement, though some of it still leaked through. With that distraction in check, Jason's Souls guided him around the room to locate various pieces of equipment that they deemed to be of particular importance, such as Kaidan's omnitool and Obi-Wan's lightsaber.

Jason exited his quarters just as two copies of Will were headed down the hall on opposite directions. Having missed both Will and Booker demonstrating the ability to duplicate themselves, he very definitely did give the Wills strange looks. "Okaay... What did I miss?" he asked, re-entering the lounge just behind Will 1.
    Quote:
    One of the hardest parts of DMing is to give players a reason to railroad themselves.

Quote:
    You're making a reasonable and rational argument here, instead of pandering to the extremists on either side. Stop it. I'm pretty sure that's a banning offense on the internet.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    WE ALL HATE EACH OTHER NOW, AND THIS TIMELINE IS DOOMED AS A RESULT. THAT'S WHAT YOU MISSED.

I'm sure it will be fine. What's a little debate among friends? We were just off of our game this time.

"It wasn't little! We were literally deciding the fate of humankind!"

So?

"We actually had a rather heated argument about something, and I kind of feel like I lost," Leandra jokes. "I may just be getting tired; it's getting pretty late in my time zone."

"Questions: what is a, 'shikigami,' and why is Will in two places at once?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2015-03-15 at 04:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Time travel Lea Will 1 says with a wink, as if he is completely unaffected by the heated debate just seconds ago.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

OoC: I think Bookerclones haven't appeared out of his room yet.

When Will moves Booker lets him go and smiles, or at least tries, smiles don't come easily to his lips. He listens to Ed speaking and nods lost in his own thoughts. What the other is saying rings true. He has already started his own training, at this moment three of his four souls were practicing inside his private room with copies of his own body. He didn't feel any strain or exhaustion in them doing so, but as far as Naruto assured him once he dismissed the clones his body would know and remember.

When Ed is finished and Leandra ask her questions Booker intervenes.

"I can reinforce any room we practice in to make sure it whitstands what we throw at it. A shikigami is a small spirit, a summon I gather."

He looks at Jason.

"Not much, I almost lost my temper and did something drastic. Sorry for that Will."

As he says the last sentence he stares at the "new" Will and ponders his answer about time travel.

"Wait, you can timetravel? That's awesome. But wouldn't that sort of cause paradoxes if you meet with yourself?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah it's cool right. By the way you looked so ugly as a baby, did you ever see the photoes? Ggood thing you got rid of that nasty bum. he replies before pausing for a brief second and yeah it probably would, that's why I came in as I was walking out, right Will? the last part is said in a considerable higher volume. The Will in the door looks over his shoulder with what looks like an annoyed look before continueing walking. Ah well, paradox incomming the newly arrived Will says with a shrug.

Spoiler: Reminder
    Show
    If you can't remember then two wills walked out after Will visited his room. One went with the vampire that Akira summoned and the other stayed to argue and talk about world vampirification.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2015-03-17 at 02:33 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OH, GOOD, HE'S JUST CASUALLY TRAVELLING THROUGH TIME, NO BIG DEAL. REMIND ME AGAIN HOW WE JUST LOST AN ARGUMENT TO THIS KID?

"We did not, 'lose.' We merely suspended the argument in an effort to get the thread back on track before our mutual stubbornness became our undoing. Now please do not do anything to upset this balance before our party's rapport is more thoroughly established."

"But... this is dangerous, isn't it? What if he does cause a destructive paradox? Or worse, what if it gives him ideas for his other plan!?"

"Heh, you worry too much! Let the baby have his bottle."

"But-"

Think of it this way: if he was going to go back in time and destroy the universe, then the universe would be destroyed already.

"But-!"

...and if he was going going to go back in time and turn everyone into monsters, then everyone would be a monster already and we'd never have known the difference! Right?

"I guess... but, a lot of universes are filled with monsters. You... you don't think..."

"Elena, even if it later becomes apparent that we are in fact in league with the origin of all vampires, an idea which is already preposterous, I believe you will still agree that their existence is an inevitability from which we cannot escape at this point."

"..."

Leandra nods and continues to listen to everyone else.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2015-03-17 at 01:38 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Edie sighss at Will's jab, before pushing forward; hoping to keep things on track and avoid another argument so soon, the young man opts to address their newest arrival."Just discussing a few ideas for a group training session. Given what happened to the last group; figuring out how our new power combinations work, as well developing some teamwork and coordination will do us a lot of good in the long run. Currently waiting to see if the PC mentions any training space setup for us; otherwise I figure we're going to have to scrounge up our own while we wait for our hosts. But all that can wait until everyone's settled in and rested," he explained helpfully before turning his attention back to the full group.

"More or less, a shikigami is an invoked nature spirit; their corporeal manifestation is largely just a medium for them, so they can be pretty useful. Especially since they can be a pretty diverse bunch, so they're perfect aids and practice partners while we work out our kinks,"
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-03-17 at 04:54 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176

WhiteWizardGirl

Jason laughs, not necessarily out of amusement. "That's probably a good idea. Teamwork and coordination are something my Souls and I really need to work on, nevermind working with an actual team."

After a lengthy delay, the computer admits that the facility does not contain any dedicated training rooms, but supplies a short list of spaces that might be suitable for light training (though it again requests, "Please refrain from damaging the facility."). Included on the list are the lounge (if furniture is moved out of the way), the main room of Jason's quarters, and any similar spaces in anyone else's rooms.
    Quote:

Quote:

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

The newly arrived Will exits the room and enter his own room to find the others wills ready. Shortly after Will re-enters the room where the other ego's are ready for merging, equiping the new.
    Spoiler: For anyone with especially keen sight
    Show
    Will now has something similar to plastic on the holes of his nose, which for those with very keen view has small holes in it the plastic, possibly even the mechanical device that works as filter.

Sorry for that time travelling thing He starts, in case you don't remember that was the clone that went wtih Kalista earlier. I can't actually time travel. One of my soul has some ways to duplicate myself but each method has it's own advantages and disadvantages. The one I used had the advantage of having a limited telepathic communication but each duplicate has a different personality. Do we start the practice now?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Suddenly the ship started to blare with an alarm. Celeste was nowhere to be found. . . The mere fact that the inhabitants could hear the alarms inside their room was enough reason to know that something serious was going on. In some areas of the ship, heavy breathing could be heard, but not by any of our protagonists, at least not yet.