New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 180: Turn 360 Degrees And Moonwalk Away

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Civvy's Room]

Stunning it is! Civvy has the best things, thinks Felicity as she swan dives into the water. Being invulnerable and attuned to water, she doesn't have to worry about her wings getting wet. She dives up and down, in and out of the water like a dolphin. The way she goes, she winds up somewhere near the town village place.
    Well, truly, the water isn't all that deep. Probably deep enough for her to dive, but not much more. As she gets closer to the town village place, it looks much like this (pardon the watermark) from a distance, except with the creek gurgling happily through the middle of it. Across through to the other side has a very, very large flower garden full of pinks and purples and whites.

The houses are about as spread-out and tightly packed as in the previous picture, though are built much more like these ones. Complete with all the roads and walkways being cobblestone!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

[Civvy's Room: Wonderland]

Felicity flies out of the creek, fluttering her wings and splashing water everywhere. She sighs happily, then flies towards the town village, admiring all the houses and buildings. She'll wave to a few occupants (assuming there are occupants, and they can see her), looking around and around, till she spots the large flower garden. Another swan-dive, and she soon is flying among the flowers, enjoying the sounds, smells and sights. She especially chooses a purple flower to rest on. All this time, she's squealing happily. By now, all her anger has evaporated away.

Felicity looks around to examine the places around her.

3. - Top - End - #213

Felicity flies out of the creek, fluttering her wings and splashing water everywhere. She sighs happily, then flies towards the town village, admiring all the houses and buildings. She'll wave to a few occupants (assuming there are occupants, and they can see her), looking around and around, till she spots the large flower garden. Another swan-dive, and she soon is flying among the flowers, enjoying the sounds, smells and sights. She especially chooses a purple flower to rest on. All this time, she's squealing happily. By now, all her anger has evaporated away.

Felicity looks around to examine the places around her.
    From the flower, really there isn't too much there. Just more flowers. Here and there some cherry trees. There are also paths leading through the huge flower garden. The stream that came through the town comes through the garden as well, and splits off, leading to multiple different gurgling streams. Some barely a few inches wide, others having a small skipping-stone bridge across. It's also incredibly peaceful and quiet, aside from the cheerful chirping of some birds. There's also evidence of small creatures living in the garden, like rabbits, but they're avoiding Felicity because they don't know her and she's making weird noises.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Civvy's Room]

Stunning it is! Civvy has the best things, thinks Felicity as she swan dives into the water. Being invulnerable and attuned to water, she doesn't have to worry about her wings getting wet. She dives up and down, in and out of the water like a dolphin. The way she goes, she winds up somewhere near the town village place.

Training Room

Hotaru is very obviously flustered by Grant's statement, especially because it's true. "W-well, yeah, I will..." She's really blushing now. "I could get a room for myself, just in case, though, but..." She looks at Evan. "Yeah."
    Grant looks quite amused by Hotaru's flustering.

Welcome to HALO, Hotaru. Glad to have you around.

He starts to walk away but pauses just at the doorway, looking over his shoulder.

I'd guide you further but I figure you won't want my help finding Evan's quarters. Just remember, sound proofing is your friend and if you take something from the fridge, get something to replace it later.

With that Grant smirks and walks out the door towards the pods.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    [Library]

"Hmmm. In book or manga or anime style?" Civvy asks, smiling at him. She was glad she got to pet him. He was really fuzzy.
    Library

Spade pauses to consider this for a moment, and then shrugs.
    "Uh, style doesn't matter too much, I guess. Format really doesn't matter if the story is good." he says.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Felicity relaxes, enjoying herself, when she notices a rabbit on the ground. She flies towards it slowly, wanting to show it that she's friendly. "Hello, cute little one! I'm a friend! It's okay!" If it doesn't understand, she'll repeat the statement in 'rabbit'. She's aiming to pat it's head and stroke its fur.

[Training Room]

"Thank you!" Hotaru says, a bit too suddenly. "I'll... be sure to remember that!" She yells a bit too loudly as Grant leaves. She realizes she couldn't wait to be alone with Evan.

Hotaru turns to Evan, studying the look on his face. "Ready to show me your room, dearie?" She puts her hand in his.

7. - Top - End - #217

Training Room

Evan shakes head and chuckles darkly.

Alrighty, prepare to be thoroughly underwhelmed.

He moves to take Hotaru's hand in his and starts to walk towards his quarters.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

[Training Room]

Hotaru grins. "I'll be the judge of that, my beloved." She follows Evan to his room, hand in hand.

9. - Top - End - #219

Evan's Room

Evan punches in several key codes, and then issues the voice command deactivating the 30mm sentry gun aimed at his door before finally opening his door.

The room is rather spartan in decoration, a desk, a couple chairs, his bed and a freakishly large gun safe that presumably has the parts of Evan's arsenal that he doesn't feel like carrying that day.

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Library

Spade pauses to consider this for a moment, and then shrugs.
    "Uh, style doesn't matter too much, I guess. Format really doesn't matter if the story is good." he says.
    Library

"Thisaway then!" Civvy says, once more leading the way forwards! This time, she brings them to the comic book/manga section of the library. "There's lots here. Take a look! See what you might like!"

Felicity relaxes, enjoying herself, when she notices a rabbit on the ground. She flies towards it slowly, wanting to show it that she's friendly. "Hello, cute little one! I'm a friend! It's okay!" If it doesn't understand, she'll repeat the statement in 'rabbit'. She's aiming to pat it's head and stroke its fur.
    Except she doesn't. Because the rabbits, as was previously said, are all hiding from her because she's new and different and the rabbits are skittish.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

Evan's Room

Hotaru looks around the bare room. "It's much... cleaner than I expected." Beat. "But then what did I expect? You're obviously disciplined." Hotaru's disciplined too, but her room isn't this neat. "And well protected. I feel a lot safer already." She flashes a lethal grin at Evan as she cartwheels to the safe.

"Woah. You weren't kidding when you said you're a walking armory. Just what is inside this thing?"

So, apparently her efforts are in vain, since the animals run away from her before she can say a word. Not knowing how else to attract animals, she begins to sing and dance. Even though the animals can't understand her words, well, MUSIC!
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-03-07 at 11:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222

So, apparently her efforts are in vain, since the animals run away from her before she can say a word. Not knowing how else to attract animals, she begins to sing and dance. Even though the animals can't understand her words, well, MUSIC!
    This definitely doesn't work. The animals are already weirded out by this newcomer and the noises she's making. More noises are definitely not going to improve the situation.
    After about 30 seconds, though!

"Hey there." Comes a familiar voice from behind Felicity.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223

Evan's Room

Evan opens up the small armory and there is every type of firearm one could possibly imagine. There is even a pair of anti tank rifles and a rocket launcher towards the back corner.

I've pulled a lot of contracts and most of these are just weapons that I picked up along the way as I needed them.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-03-08 at 12:06 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Library

"Thisaway then!" Civvy says, once more leading the way forwards! This time, she brings them to the comic book/manga section of the library. "There's lots here. Take a look! See what you might like!"
    Library

Spade looks around and takes a few comics off the shelf, all of which miniaturize at his touch so he can properly read them. He'll accumulate a small pile as he goes down the shelf, picking up tales that are properly heroic.
    "Is it okay if I take things out before I'm an official member?" he asks.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

Felicity doesn't notice, obviously lost in her dancing and singing. She however, does notice the voice behind her.

Felicity turns around. "Civvy?"

[Evan's Room]

What the he-double hockeystick-! This guy is loaded, literally. Evan might catch her wide-eyed look. "Have you ever thought about opening a gun shop, Evan? You'd be popular in moments!" Also a way to occupy himself and earn money without having to deadify people.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-03-08 at 11:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226

Evan's Room

The problem with Evan is that he really, really, really likes what he does and for the life of him can't understand Hotaru's non killing vow. He's kind of the Saitou to her Kenshin if they were at all attracted to each other.

Maybe, but I don't know if selling those would be wise as they can most likely be traced back to me and... Numerous targets.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Evan's Room

"That's what the black market's for, silly! I can also help erase any electronic traces for you, though I must tell you I'm not comfortable holding a gun." Hotaru can understand what he's saying, but it also seems as if he doesn't want to let go of the weapons.

18. - Top - End - #228

Evan's Room

Well to be fair for quite some time they've been closer friends to him than any person has been. Evan runs his hand down the stocks of one of the rifles.

Suppose I don't need all of them...
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-03-08 at 02:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Library

Spade looks around and takes a few comics off the shelf, all of which miniaturize at his touch so he can properly read them. He'll accumulate a small pile as he goes down the shelf, picking up tales that are properly heroic.
    "Is it okay if I take things out before I'm an official member?" he asks.
    Library

"Of course! So long as you bring them back at some point. Knowledge shouldn't be limited only to a select few. Help yourself."

Felicity doesn't notice, obviously lost in her dancing and singing. She however, does notice the voice behind her.

Felicity turns around. "Civvy?"
    It is indeed Civvy!
    "Youuuu should not be here. If you'd be willing to leave? There's a door right over there." Sure enough, at some point, a door appeared in the middle of the air behind Felicity. Civvy doesn't say any of her message rudely at all. She's not trying to chase off Felicity, she's just stating fact.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

"Bu- but why not?" Felicity asks with an eyebrow raised. "This place is awesome! Though I wonder why this place is in your room..." Felicity wonders. "Is this your home?" Felicity looks confused as she flies up so she can look in Civvy's pink eyes.

Evan's Room

Hotaru flashes a lethal smile. "I knew it. You don't want to part with them." She walks towards him slowly, biting her bottom lip. "But could you be persuaded to at least sell some? Think of the profit you'd make."

21. - Top - End - #231

"Bu- but why not?" Felicity asks with an eyebrow raised. "This place is awesome! Though I wonder why this place is in your room..." Felicity wonders. "Is this your home?" Felicity looks confused as she flies up so she can look in Civvy's pink eyes.
    "More or less, yes. This is my room. We can talk again outside." Civvy seems somewhat insistent, though in a gentle sort of way.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

"More or less, yes. This is my room. We can talk again outside." Civvy seems somewhat insistent, though in a gentle sort of way.

Felicity can sense the insistence, but is understandably very reluctant to leave this paradise. "Okay..." She says, sadly. "I'll leave... on one condition." She suddenly looks serious. "I get to come back."

Before Civvy can reply, Felicity adds: "I want to come back! It must be so nice to have somewhere idyllic like this that you can rest anytime you want! I get to come back. Promise me that and I'll leave." Oh no, Felicity doesn't want to leave. "Better yet, create a place like this for me. You can do that, can't you?"

23. - Top - End - #233

Felicity can sense the insistence, but is understandably very reluctant to leave this paradise. "Okay..." She says, sadly. "I'll leave... on one condition." She suddenly looks serious. "I get to come back."

Before Civvy can reply, Felicity adds: "I want to come back! It must be so nice to have somewhere idyllic like this that you can rest anytime you want! I get to come back. Promise me that and I'll leave." Oh no, Felicity doesn't want to leave. "Better yet, create a place like this for me. You can do that, can't you?"
    "I cannot promise that." Civvy says, fairly slowly. "Nor can I make you one of these. This one is special, and I cannot duplicate it, even in a smaller version. I could see about getting a room turned into a sort of meadow to your specifications, but that is the extent of what I could."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234

Evan's Room

Hotaru flashes a lethal smile. "I knew it. You don't want to part with them." She walks towards him slowly, biting her bottom lip. "But could you be persuaded to at least sell some? Think of the profit you'd make."
    It wasn't about profit...

Evan seems to be somewhere else entirely, running his index finger across something on the rifle. If Hotaru looks closer she'll see that they are tally marks. Lots of them. In fact, if she looks around she'll notice that all of the weapons have similar marks in large numbers.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Evan's Room

Hotaru does look closer and spots the tally marks. And they're on all the weapons. Then it hits her. "Sentimental value. The guns have sentimental value." She looks at Evan straight in the eye. "Either that, or you like killing. Truth be told, I'll prefer the former. Tell me it's just the former." She grabs his arm tightly as she studies his face, waiting for his answer.

"I cannot promise that." Civvy says, fairly slowly. "Nor can I make you one of these. This one is special, and I cannot duplicate it, even in a smaller version. I could see about getting a room turned into a sort of meadow to your specifications, but that is the extent of what I could."
    Felicity looks angry once more, though she can understand what Civvy's trying to say. She wants to speak, but holds her tongue, choosing to take a few deep breaths instead. She looks back up at Civvy, blue fire in her tiny blue eyes. "Oh, goddess! I'm not sure what I expected. You divine types can be so..." She shakes her head in exasperation, before flying towards the door, stopping only when she realizes that she heard 'a room turned into a sort of meadow for your specifications'.

She turns around, eyes wide. "What did you just say, Civvy?" She realizes her mouth is hanging open, and closes it. "You'd really do that for me? I stand corrected, then!" The smile's back on her face. "Maybe you can tell me about who you really are, then." Felicity frowns, but just a little bit. She wasn't supposed to let slip that she sensed Civiron's divinity. But then, she wasn't entirely sure. It's been centuries since she last met a divine being. She's not sure how many centuries, but time has a way of slipping by when you've lived for millennia. At least, she thinks it's millennia.

26. - Top - End - #236

[Civvy's Room: Wonderland][/B]

Felicity looks angry once more, though she can understand what Civvy's trying to say. She wants to speak, but holds her tongue, choosing to take a few deep breaths instead. She looks back up at Civvy, blue fire in her tiny blue eyes. "Oh, goddess! I'm not sure what I expected. You divine types can be so..." She shakes her head in exasperation, before flying towards the door, stopping only when she realizes that she heard 'a room turned into a sort of meadow for your specifications'.

She turns around, eyes wide. "What did you just say, Civvy?" She realizes her mouth is hanging open, and closes it. "You'd really do that for me? I stand corrected, then!" The smile's back on her face. "Maybe you can tell me about who you really are, then." Felicity frowns, but just a little bit. She wasn't supposed to let slip that she sensed Civiron's divinity. But then, she wasn't entirely sure. It's been centuries since she last met a divine being. She's not sure how many centuries, but time has a way of slipping by when you've lived for millennia. At least, she thinks it's millennia.
    Civvy blinks a few times. She had difficulties following the fairy's logic. There were plenty of people who had an area like this in their rooms. And very few of them were gods.
    "What? I said I could see about someone setting up a meadow of some sort in a room for you." As in, someone else. That definitely didn't have anything to do with Civvy. "I just live here when I can. I tend the gardens, clean up the place."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237

Evan's eyes flicker with something almost unreadable. Even he isn't sure sometimes. He is praying that she didn't realize what crossed his mind for the slightest moment.

Sentimental value. They're all I had for the longest time.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

Evan's Room

Almost unreadable. Almost.

Unfortunately for poor Evan, Hotaru recognized that look. Of course she'd recognize it, she'd seen it plenty of times. She slowly lets go of Evan's hands. "There's something else, isn't there? You like what you do." There's a horrified look on her face as she backs away, tripping and landing on her butt in the process. "You're one of those people. A contract killer at heart."

Should Evan move towards her, she'll back away even further, with a look on her face. A look he may not want to see. A look that says 'keep away'.

Felicity doesn't seem fazed. "Uh uh, yeah right. People just have meadows in their rooms that they're overprotective of." She notices the look on Civvy's face. "Oh, please. I knew you had a divine nature the minute I came into contact with you. I might be a water undine faery, but I have spent enough centuries with gods that it kind of rubbed off on me, I suppose." She doesn't know what kind, though, but she won't say that. Probably the goddess of pink. Felicity chuckles at that thought.

If Civvy were to examine Felicity, she'd see a water faery that doesn't have any other abilities aside from her link to Fixer, the ability to detect the nature of everything, the ability to phase through matter and nigh-invulnerablilty. Her limited abilities help Fixer in recon missions, since they can see through each other's eyes.

((Editing done!))
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-03-08 at 09:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

Felicity doesn't seem fazed. "Uh uh, yeah right. People just have meadows in their rooms that they're overprotective of." She notices the look on Civvy's face. "Oh, please. I knew you had a divine nature the minute I came into contact with you. I might be a water undine faery, but I have spent enough centuries with gods that it kind of rubbed off on me, I suppose." She doesn't know what kind, though, but she won't say that. Probably the goddess of pink. Felicity chuckles at that thought.

If Civvy were to examine Felicity, she'd see a water faery that doesn't have any other abilities aside from her link to Fixer, the ability to detect the nature of everything, the ability to phase through matter and nigh-invulnerablilty. Her limited abilities help Fixer in recon missions, since they can see through each other's eyes.

((Editing done!))
    "Uh huh." Civvy deals with scans all the time. In fact, it was stated before that unless the scan is being done by someone also of godly levels of power, Civvy appears as a mostly to entirely powerless human girl. So exactly how Felicity knew that from the moment they met is, to say the least, confusing and somewhat alarming. "You haven't met Tobias yet then. He turned his room into a glade, and only lets certain people in. I know you met Catherine. She turned her room into the frozen version of it.

Well then! If you know so much,"
    this is one of the few times Civvy's honestly sounded irritated and minorly annoyed, "then you understand why you need to shoo. Buh-bye." Then with a bit of a wave goodbye, the open door falls over, aiming to force Felicity through it.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240

A look of horror comes over Evan's face.

No no no. You don't understand. I don't enjoy it!

He struggles to figure out a way to explain himself as panic carries over into his words.

That's not what it is... It's not me doing the killing that's important. It's that someone is doing it. Someone is ending evil people.

Evan points at the tally mark on a particularly worn sniper rifle, hand shaking.

If I didn't put him down, who would have done it?