New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 180: Turn 360 Degrees And Moonwalk Away

[Civvy's Room: Wonderland => Pink room of Pink]

How exactly does Felicity know about Civvy? Well, she's divine. Kinda sorta. Also a sort of poorly organized encyclopaedia. It's... complicated.

((I thought they were back in the room?))

Felicity nods. She forgot she was in a different world now. Godlike beings are the same everywhere, though. "Alright alright, I'm going! Jerk." Godlike beings can also be jerks, she thinks as she flies through the door hole.

Felicity really wishes she could at least zap people with nerve stuff, or use TK, to deal with annoying people. Yeah, Felicity can be not-nice, too. Who woulda thunk? Not me! ((Characterization marches on! >_>))

[Evan's Room]

Hotaru wants to reply. She wants to tell him to pike off. She also wants to convince him that people don't need to die. But she can tell she won't be able to. Instead, she shakes her head and starts crying. Crying for this man who thinks that murder is the only option. She slowly gets up, walks to the bed and puts her head in her hands. "Did he need to die? Did you sit down and talk to him about it, at least hear his side of the story? No, you didn't, you just turned his head into a pink mist. After all, it's easier to take a life when you conveniently forget that the other person has a family he loves."

She gets up and looks at him, tears falling down her face. "Maybe... maybe I need to beat it into you. Maybe if I broke all your ribs, you'd see my point. That's the only way they ever learn. They don't learn when you kill them. They learn when you put them in the hospital for six months. Can't you see? I'm the reason why criminals are afraid to commit crimes. Can you say that about yourself? No, because you kill them before they have the chance to change. And do you know what I do to people who kill others? I... I..." Then poor Hotaru falls on her knees and starts sobbing. Sobbing because kneecapping the man in front of her, her new lover, is starting to seem like a very good idea.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Civvy's Room: Wonderland => Pink room of Pink]

How exactly does Felicity know about Civvy? Well, she's divine. Kinda sorta. Also a sort of poorly organized encyclopaedia. It's... complicated.

((I thought they were back in the room?))

Felicity nods. She forgot she was in a different world now. Godlike beings are the same everywhere, though. "Alright alright, I'm going! Jerk." Godlike beings can also be jerks, she thinks as she flies through the door hole.

Felicity really wishes she could at least zap people with nerve stuff, or use TK, to deal with annoying people. Yeah, Felicity can be not-nice, too. Who woulda thunk? Not me! ((Characterization marches on! >_>))
    But Civvy shouldn't even be on any encyclopedias yet.

(They were still in Civvy's Realm. Just that Civvy had created a door behind Felicity with which she could show herself out)

Behind Felicity, the door shuts quietly. Civvy stayed in there, so Felicity is back in Civvy's room, alone again.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Evan is utterly shocked by Hotaru at this point. Something in his mind is perilously close to snapping, he stumbles backward away from her, something strange in his eye.

No. That's not what it is!

He's hyperventilating, chest heaving and quite busy trying to keep his body from shaking.

I'm not a murderer.

I'm not a murderer...

I'm not a murderer!

It's not clear who exactly he's shouting at as at this point he isn't looking directly at Hotaru, strangely enough he is facing towards his armory before he turns around, defiance in his eye.

You know what I am? I'm the necessary evil! I hunt and exterminate the things that the rest of the world is too cowardly to stand up to! Thousands would be dead had I not done what I did!
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-03-08 at 10:47 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

[Civvy's Room]

Felicity arrives in Civvy's room and turns around, looking for Civvy. "Drat. W-was I mean?" She frowns. Maybe Civvy doesn't want anyone to know about her true nature. She decides she'd keep it to herself. "You hear that, sis? Your secret's safe with me!" She semi-yells as she flies over to the DS and starts playing with it, hoping that Civvy'll show up.

[Evan's Room]

Just her luck. The man she has decided to date believes he's killing for the greater good. Date, heh. Not for much longer if he keeps up with this.

"Haha... hahaha... heeheeheheee" Hotaru's sobs turn into a fit of laughter. Then, "SHUT THE HELL UP!" She seems close to snapping as well. "If you really believe that, then why did you stop me from killing DEAR OLD DAD? Why not just leave me to decapitate him?" She gets up and looks at him, her black sclerae tinged with red (the equivalent of red eyes from crying really hard). "You know what it sounds like? You're not willing to admit what you are." Electricity begins to arc around her. "Call it what you want, I see you for what you are." Another dry laughter. She shakes her head. "I can't believe I'm dating a killer. My little brother'd kill me if he were here."

5. - Top - End - #245

Because you aren't the same!

Evan's vision is blurred by tears as he drops his coat to the floor, the weight of the various weapons causing it to slam to the ground with a loud bang.

You changed. You can't go back. I need the proof, regardless of how impossible it seems.

6. - Top - End - #246

[Civvy's Room]

Felicity arrives in Civvy's room and turns around, looking for Civvy. "Drat. W-was I mean?" She frowns. Maybe Civvy doesn't want anyone to know about her true nature. She decides she'd keep it to herself. "You hear that, sis? Your secret's safe with me!" She semi-yells as she flies over to the DS and starts playing with it, hoping that Civvy'll show up.
    Civvy does not, in fact, show back up.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Library

"Of course! So long as you bring them back at some point. Knowledge shouldn't be limited only to a select few. Help yourself."
    Spade nods, and waddles over to Civvy with his little stack in his paws.
    "Okay. But I didn't bring a bag. Is there somewhere I could keep these for a while? I can't just carry them for the rest of the day." he says to the lady far, far above him.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

[Evan's Room]

Hotaru looks up at him. At the tears in his eyes.

He's right, she changed. And even with his conviction to kill, he likes her so much he doesn't want her to go back. And he needs proof?

"What proof? That it's possible to live without taking a life?" She smiles with her lips, not her eyes. "Well let me tell you, it is. It's just really hard, but it can be done." The electricity arcing stops. "Everywhere I look, I see all the ways I could end people. It'd be easy to just kill them, heck, it'd be satisfying. But I don't want to go back, so I find another way. Maybe sparing their lives is a high price to pay, but it's better than the alternative." She walks to him and touches his cheek. "Please, let me show you that it's possible. I'm giving you a chance at this relationship, my love. Give me a chance to show you, as well." She looks into his eyes.

((Coat drop. Ooo, symbolic. ))

[Civvy's Room]

Civvy still hasn't come back. Felicity's starting to feel pretty rotten. She flies to blue!Kirby and starts talking to it again. "I think I made my friend mad. I..." Her eyes moisten. "I'm not crying! I just have some dust in my eye... -sniff- Civvy..."

9. - Top - End - #249

(To be fair, Evan also figured that if Hotaru intended to rearrange his ribs, he'd need to be able to move fast. )

Evan has difficulty looking her directly in the eye, red and watery as they are but he manages it.

A-alright. If you think it can really be done.

He tries to say something else but instead settles on attempting to pull Hotaru in for a kiss.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

[Evan's Room]

"It can be done, Evan. You just have to try. I believe in you."

She lets him kiss her, and she holds him tight, not wanting to let go.

[Civvy's Room]

What's Felicity doing now? Let's see...

Felicity is trying to cheer herself up by using the Kirby plushie as a sort of trampoline. It's fun, she just doesn't have to think of Civvy. That is waaaaay easier said than done.

11. - Top - End - #251

Evan's Room

Evan isn't quite intent on letting go either.

I know people. I might be able to make a good bit of this disappear. Not really likely though.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Evan's Room

"My dear." She caresses his face. "You won't know until you try." She rests her head on his shoulder, as her eyes fall on the desk. She looks at it for a good bit, wondering what he uses it for.

13. - Top - End - #253

Evan's Room

Evan's desk has a tub full of weapons cleaning supplies on one corner and a pair of letters opening lying out next to a reading lap where a few books are stacked.

If Hotaru's eyes are sharp she'll see that one of them has an open letter with writing that suggest's it was written by a child. It has drawings of three people and then under it, it reads, "Thanks for guarding my mommy."

Evan is just slightly a softie for kids.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

Evan's Room

"Evan Armire: a man who reads and is popular with the kids."

Hotaru pulls away from Evan and walks towards the desk, her eyes on the letter with a childlike handwriting. "What's the story behind this letter, love?" She picks up the letter, waving it around.

Civvy's Room

Felicity is back to playing with the DS. She momentarily wonders what other secrets this room holds. Should she find them? Maybe she'll flip a coin.

15. - Top - End - #255

Evan's room

Evan laughs slightly.

After my assassin's guild dissolved I was on the streets looking for work. The kid's mother recognized me somehow and ran up to me begging for protection from someone. It turned out to be one of the old guild members who escaped and had taken up a contract on her. She survived and I got her out of his reach. After a few months I got that letter from the kid.

He pauses a moment.

You know, I never DID get paid for that job...
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-03-09 at 01:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

[Evan's Room]

Hotaru smiles at that. He got her out of his reach without killing him. "No bloodshed, too. Tis a start!"

She shakes her head when he mentions payment. "You got paid, alright." She waves the letter around, before setting it back down. "You got paid well. Now, this second one..."

17. - Top - End - #257

Evan's Room

The other letter, Evan hadn't opened yet. Unmarked by the look of it.

Actually, I have no idea on that one... Lemme see.

Evan takes the letter and opens it up. He rolls his eyes.

Ugh... Dad, I swear, you just don't know when to quit.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-03-09 at 09:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Evan's Room

Hotaru peers at the letter from beside him. "What? What does it say?" If she had to guess, she'd say more taunting.

19. - Top - End - #259

Evan's Room

Blah, blah, blah, should have killed me when I have the chance. Make sure the you and the ninja woman doesn't leave your little hideout alone. If I can't make you into the perfect killer, I'll end you myself for failing. You know, father son kinda stuff.

Evan crumples up the letter and for a brief moment he has a gleam in his eye, the sniper's eyes appear for just a brief moment before he shakes his head and looks back at her with a sad smile.

Nothing to do about it, I suppose.

20. - Top - End - #260

Civvy's Room

Felicity is back to playing with the DS. She momentarily wonders what other secrets this room holds. Should she find them? Maybe she'll flip a coin.
    Well. There certainly isn't anything stopping her from looking around.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Spade nods, and waddles over to Civvy with his little stack in his paws.
    "Okay. But I didn't bring a bag. Is there somewhere I could keep these for a while? I can't just carry them for the rest of the day." he says to the lady far, far above him.
    "I could either get you a library bag of holding, or if you want to put a note by them, we could leave them on the table and they should be left alone?"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

Entrance -> Catherine's Room

As soon as Aiden and Catherine get back from her studies, he heads off to her room. He's got a deal to capitalize on, after all.

"C'mon, Cath, race you to the icebox!"

22. - Top - End - #262

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post

As soon as Aiden and Catherine get back from her studies, he heads off to her room. He's got a deal to capitalize on, after all.

"C'mon, Cath, race you to the icebox!"

"You mean my room or the kitchen to get stuff?" Catherine asks, laughing and taking off after him. Turns out, if Aiden decides to bolt it, she's surprisingly fast and able to keep up, at least for short distances.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263

Catherine's Room

"Whichever's got the game vault!" Aiden says as he runs towards Catherine's room. He's got the silliest grin on his face as he keeps pace with Catherine.

24. - Top - End - #264

Catherine's Room

"Whichever's got the game vault!" Aiden says as he runs towards Catherine's room. He's got the silliest grin on his face as he keeps pace with Catherine.
    Catherine's Room

After the duo arrives, Catherine shuts her door, and makes sure to lock it again. "Go ahead, everything's right over there. Help yourself!" With that, she plops her laptop bag onto her desk, and pulls stuff out to get ready to go back to studying. "Just keep it lowish, please."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Evan's Room

Blah, blah, blah, should have killed me when I have the chance. Make sure the you and the ninja woman doesn't leave your little hideout alone. If I can't make you into the perfect killer, I'll end you myself for failing. You know, father son kinda stuff.

Evan crumples up the letter and for a brief moment he has a gleam in his eye, the sniper's eyes appear for just a brief moment before he shakes his head and looks back at her with a sad smile.

Nothing to do about it, I suppose.
    Hotaru throws herself on Evan. "Like I said, tis a start." She's referring to the sniper's eyes that he just succeeded in shaking off.

"Y'kno, maybe I should get my own room too, so that you can see the contents and ask me questions too." She grins a silly grin as she boops Evan's nose. "Say, do you have anything to drink? You've probably figured it out by now, but I live on alcohol."

[Civvy's Room]

Felicity is wondering when she'll see Civvy again. She's tasked herself with finding anything that isn't pink in that room. It'll probably be nigh-impossible, but she has all the time in the world.

26. - Top - End - #266

Catherine's Room

Aiden sets up a game, making sure to keep the volume low. "Feel free to join in whenever you're done with studying," he says.

27. - Top - End - #267

[Training Area] -> [Kitchen]

Tovpir, the giant stone scorpion wakes up. As allways he has taken a nap in the stony training areay, since this is the most simular place to his home. The fact that he is surrounded by water allways case a shiver, but he slowly get's used to it. His stormactch growl. "Time to eat something." he says and heads straith for the kitchen.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #268

Y'kno, maybe I should get my own room too, so that you can see the contents and ask me questions too.
    Well whenever we get your stuff in here, I can ask either way.

]Say, do you have anything to drink? You've probably figured it out by now, but I live on alcohol.
    Evan thinks a second .

Yeah, I've got something or other around here.

Evan ducks under his desk where there is a small fridge inside and offers to let Hotaru, there's quite a selection. Evan himself doesn't reach for anything for the moment.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-03-10 at 07:42 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269

[Civvy's Room]

Felicity is wondering when she'll see Civvy again. She's tasked herself with finding anything that isn't pink in that room. It'll probably be nigh-impossible, but she has all the time in the world.
    The only things that aren't pink in the room are things like her desk, which is made from mahogany, or her bed frame. So in that sense there are definitely some non-pink things in her room. But even so, still not many.

Catherine's Room

Aiden sets up a game, making sure to keep the volume low. "Feel free to join in whenever you're done with studying," he says.
    Catherine's Room

"Oh yes. That's the plan. Enjoy." With that, Catherine sets herself to studying for her test that's creeping up shockingly quickly!
    This continues for a few more hours, unless Aiden decides to interrupt for some reason?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Evan's Room

"Really? I love you so much!" Hotaru jumps up happily. "So how're we going to do this... I'll need a night to unpack..." Hotaru skips over to the fridge and scans, settling on some tequila. "Thanks, babe." She opens the bottle and takes a swig. "That right there, that's the stuff!"

"So, just how do I get my stuff in here? I'll need to shop as well..."

Civvy's Room

"If I painted these things pink, would Civvy love it? Will she forgive me? ...is there even pink paint here?" Felicity wonders. She flies back down and puts her head in her hands for a bit. Then, she decides to go see what the fuss is about manga.

Felicity is looking at the different titles there are. She attempts to pull out a random one.