New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Bow Initiate entry

Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post
    A perfect case of Written vs Intended to demonstrate to my friends...
    Aw don't take it away, archery needs nice things too in 3.5

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nightraiderx View Post
    Aw don't take it away, archery needs nice things too in 3.5
    Though Power Shot as a generally available feat and nonexistence of Wind Wall would be much more preferred to a RAW abuse of Iaijutsu Focus :)
    Fantabulous Duskblade avatar by linklele, for which I am eternally grateful.
    Previous avatars composed by Nathan, Ivius and Threeshades, for what I am eternally grateful, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Cookie cutter racial cheese aside, we should probably keep an eye on the whole "Dwarf only" bit of the OP. But hey, that's just me. Everyone feel free to throw out more op tricks that are 100% topic irrelevant. :P

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Any advice for making a front line meat shield kind of archer. High AC, high hps, etc. I know it's not optimal but I'm trying to tone things down for the group I'm in which consists of an unoptimized bard, a first time monk with improved init and improved grapple, a multiclass rogue, wizard who's looking into prestige classes and the DMs Fighter/wizard who's going abjurant champion or some gishy class.

I'd really like to play a crusader bc I find them really fun but I think he'd overshadow everyone else even with average feat choices.
    "The icy cold fingers of reason have choked the life out of this thread and despite all logic it keeps squirming", nope, it's dead.

"Occasionally I'd just like someone to quote me in their signature"
    -Invader

Epic threads with awesome revelations.

Awesome Avatar by Kymme!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlith View Post
    Yes, since the skill calls out only drawing a melee weapon. If the arrow doesn't work, just carry a bunch of daggers and draw them with quickdraw before attacking. Or flip a Quickrazor. Or anything really.

Relevant bit:
    The thing is, an arrow isn't a melee weapon. It can be used as an improvised melee weapon, but it's weapon type is ammunition, so drawing an arrow does not count as drawing a melee weapon, it counts as drawing ammunition.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    Any advice for making a front line meat shield kind of archer. High AC, high hps, etc. I know it's not optimal but I'm trying to tone things down for the group I'm in which consists of an unoptimized bard, a first time monk with improved init and improved grapple, a multiclass rogue, wizard who's looking into prestige classes and the DMs Fighter/wizard who's going abjurant champion or some gishy class.

I'd really like to play a crusader bc I find them really fun but I think he'd overshadow everyone else even with average feat choices.
    I'm sure someone out there will come up with a build that can accomplish this, but I'm just gonna say that tank archer sounds a bit weird to me.

If you want to support your team on the front line and are afraid that a 2HF build would outshine them all, why not try a Sword and Board build? Maybe a Knight, which I'm having a hard time picturing as stealing all the spotlight. Yet he can do his job of getting and keeping aggro and offering flanking opportunities to his team mates.
    Fantabulous Duskblade avatar by linklele, for which I am eternally grateful.
    Previous avatars composed by Nathan, Ivius and Threeshades, for what I am eternally grateful, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Cookie cutter racial cheese aside, we should probably keep an eye on the whole "Dwarf only" bit of the OP. But hey, that's just me. Everyone feel free to throw out more op tricks that are 100% topic irrelevant. :P

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

When I think "Tank Archer" I think thrown weapons. The short range increment already forces you to get close to your enemies, so why not take it to the logical conclusion? Or even better: thrown shields. You could totally make a character based on throwing your shield.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by DEMON View Post
    I'm sure someone out there will come up with a build that can accomplish this, but I'm just gonna say that tank archer sounds a bit weird to me.

If you want to support your team on the front line and are afraid that a 2HF build would outshine them all, why not try a Sword and Board build? Maybe a Knight, which I'm having a hard time picturing as stealing all the spotlight. Yet he can do his job of getting and keeping aggro and offering flanking opportunities to his team mates.
    Mainly because I really want to play a ranged character and because it's something that's different than what you normally see. I can't bring myself to play a knight, I've always really dislike the flavor of the class.
    "The icy cold fingers of reason have choked the life out of this thread and despite all logic it keeps squirming", nope, it's dead.

"Occasionally I'd just like someone to quote me in their signature"
    -Invader

Epic threads with awesome revelations.

Awesome Avatar by Kymme!