New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In the Playground

I can't wait for Chroma.

I'm leveling a Burstron Prime right now. I'm trying to do some Spy 2.0 for the Status/Fire mod for it, but I've been drowned under recoil drops instead.

I'm thinking the following for my burstron prime:

Serration
    Heavy Cal
    Multishot
    Status/Toxin
    Status/Fire
    Electricity (So it has radiation)
    Gilded Truth (fire rate and AoE shockwave)

It will have like a 88% chance to proc every shot (with a three shot burst), with some nice radiation to mess with enemies. >:D
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-28 at 02:18 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

I can't wait for Chroma.

I'm leveling a Burstron Prime right now. I'm trying to do some Spy 2.0 for the Status/Fire mod for it, but I've been drowned under recoil drops instead.
    On low-level spy I got all the Volcanic Edges and Vicious Frosts I could ever want, averaging around one hybrid every two missions. On mid-level spy I got one Rime Rounds, and then no more hybrid mods in over a dozen more runs. At least I got some Continuities that can be useful for trading.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

They just removed doubling mission credits with Chroma. Sad day.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    On low-level spy I got all the Volcanic Edges and Vicious Frosts I could ever want, averaging around one hybrid every two missions. On mid-level spy I got one Rime Rounds, and then no more hybrid mods in over a dozen more runs. At least I got some Continuities that can be useful for trading.
    Oooh, lucky!
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #305

I can't wait for Chroma.

I'm thinking the following for my burstron prime:

Serration
    Heavy Cal
    Multishot
    Status/Toxin
    Status/Fire
    Electricity (So it has radiation)
    Gilded Truth (fire rate and AoE shockwave)

It will have like a 88% chance to proc every shot (with a three shot burst), with some nice radiation to mess with enemies. >:D
    I recommend Warframe Builder for the easy math. Saves you a lot of trouble, while it's not perfect it's pretty often correct and allows saving your builds, and makes it easy to show 'em to people.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-29 at 04:30 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Just a warning, wfbuiler doesnt account for accuracy. Which is why a fully modded brakk on there does about 4x the damage of a soma prime.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #307
    Firbolg in the Playground

Funny how things work ~ was talking to my Clan about 2 corrupted mods i'd like to get for Rifle and Pistol and we went to the Derelict for some runs and Lo! the 2 mods i was after dropped (and some crummy shotgun one)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Just a warning, wfbuiler doesnt account for accuracy. Which is why a fully modded brakk on there does about 4x the damage of a soma prime.
    I did use the builder. That's how I got 88%.

Another problem is that it's impossible to determine the Kohm's dps with it. XD

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

I did use the builder. That's how I got 88%.

Another problem is that it's impossible to determine the Kohm's dps with it. XD
    The other thing is that it does status per shot, not per bullet, IIRC. So the 88% is the chance that one of the shots in the burst would proc.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    The other thing is that it does status per shot, not per bullet, IIRC. So the 88% is the chance that one of the shots in the burst would proc.
    It depends. From what I can tell, Burstron is per bullet, hence it's reputation as a good status weapon. A burst is not a shot in the game. The multishot mod on it inflates the value, making it per shot for each part of the burst. Additionally, when a builder or the in game system does one thing per bullet, it does the rest likewise.

EDIT: This is supported by the wiki, which states that the base status chance per burst is 38.6%.

EDITEDIT: Huh, Braton P got buffed? Wow, it makes the burstron look a bit ****, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-29 at 02:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311

EDITEDIT: Huh, Braton P got buffed? Wow, it makes the burstron look a bit ****, doesn't it?
    Well, damage-wise, yes, but the more relevant comparison is the present higher power weapons, where Braton P still falls behind. It's about on par with the likes of Supra, Tiberon, Latron Prime, Flux Rifle & co. but it doesn't hold a candle to Boltor P, Soma P, Amprex, Torid, Phage, Quanta, Boar P, Dread, Paris P, Opticor, etc.

Burston P is mostly a status gun - in the modern world of WF, the damage just isn't there (even worse, it's a long range primary firing a lot of shells in quick succession meaning it suffers a lot from Heavy Caliber). In that capacity, it serves reasonably well. It doesn't do an awful lot of damage and certainly, Amprex, Boar P or Glaxion generally applies status more reliably to a wider array of opponents but Burston P is accurate and long range. It's not a top weapon but it has a niche and it can do its job; Braton P is much more clearly eclipsed (though certainly a fun weapon to use as well). And of course, just because there are better options doesn't make something bad for general use; high DPS weapons aren't really needed outside long endless missions (and perhaps the Raid), and Braton P is a fine, simple, reliable weapon if not among the best.

Completely unrelated: Yay! I finally had Elytron Systems and Odonata P Wings drop for me in fairly rapid succession. Once I finish that particular collection, for the first time ever I'll have all the items under the Warframe tab leveled to 30 (though of course, there's plenty of formatting left to do)!
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-30 at 08:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Well, damage-wise, yes, but the more relevant comparison is the present higher power weapons, where Braton P still falls behind. It's about on par with the likes of Supra, Tiberon, Latron Prime, Flux Rifle & co. but it doesn't hold a candle to Boltor P, Soma P, Amprex, Torid, Phage, Quanta, Boar P, etc.

Burston P is mostly a status gun - in the modern world of WF, the damage just isn't there (even worse, it's a long range primary firing a lot of shells in quick succession meaning it suffers a lot from Heavy Caliber). In that capacity, it serves reasonably well. It doesn't do an awful lot of damage and certainly, Amprex, Boar P or Glaxion generally applies status more reliably to a wider array of opponents but Burston P is accurate and long range. It's not a top weapon but it has a niche and it can do its job; Braton P is much more clearly eclipsed (though certainly a fun weapon to use as well). And of course, just because there are better options doesn't make something bad for general use; high DPS weapons aren't really needed outside long endless missions (and perhaps the Raid).
    Well, Burstron P is supposed to be more of a status gun. I think it's due for a buff with the power creep in the game right now. Unfortunately, the prevailing opinion of the weapon is that "it's fine." Fine is the worst thing a gun in that position can be, since it means the devs probably won't look at it.

Amprex eats up ammo to quickly for my taste, and Boar P is fugly. I might try Glaxion, though.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Firbolg in the Playground

What puzzles me about the pBraton is why they thought a reduction in Max ammo was a needed thing when they buffed it
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-03-31 at 01:40 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

ATTENTION TENNO: There is a potential new threat in our mission to maintain the balance. The Lotus has compiled what little information we have about this mysterious figure here: https://warframe.com/news/potential-threat

Be careful out there, Tenno...
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    ATTENTION TENNO: There is a potential new threat in our mission to maintain the balance. The Lotus has compiled what little information we have about this mysterious figure here: https://warframe.com/news/potential-threat

Be careful out there, Tenno...
    Hey, more loot is a good thing. Now if only they would keep some decent credit farm option in the game. Despite playing since before the release of Nova, I'll be damned if I can keep more than 100k on hand ever.

And I missed the glorious chroma shenanigans by putting off that quest.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

16. - Top - End - #316

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    Hey, more loot is a good thing. Now if only they would keep some decent credit farm option in the game. Despite playing since before the release of Nova, I'll be damned if I can keep more than 100k on hand ever.
    Buy a booster for a double credit weekend and run either Dark Sectors or any T3-4 missions (I'm partial to T4S since I have a ton of keys and you have 5 mins to find every single cash container making for about 150k per run); I went from 0 to 12 million on the first one and thanks to Chroma, from 3 to 30 million on the second one. Admittedly that requires having a day off on such a weekend. In both cases I had half a Sunday free so I was able to rack up maybe 8 hours of farm time.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-04-01 at 07:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Buy a booster for a double credit weekend and run either Dark Sectors or any T3-4 missions (I'm partial to T4S since I have a ton of keys and you have 5 mins to find every single cash container making for about 150k per run); I went from 0 to 12 million on the first one and thanks to Chroma, from 3 to 30 million on the second one. Admittedly that requires having a day off on such a weekend. In both cases I had half a Sunday free so I was able to rack up maybe 8 hours of farm time.
    I'm familiar with running the Ceres dark sectors for quick bursts and the credit boosters or T4Sab keys when I have them. I just like to hoard my plat like a madman. Working weekends doesn't help, either, when the double credit weekends roll around. I just really wish there was any easier way and just kind of miss the bygone era when credits didn't mean squat diddly due to the lack of really anything expensive and how much better the void drop amounts were. Oh well.

At least Chroma is finishing up now and I am about to finally max out Suda after going on a practical hiatus for about a month, so I at least have that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

18. - Top - End - #318

Any other Quanta-fans around? I just finished the 7th forma and man, why didn't I build this sooner? It gets Amprexish DPS with a huge range and has those explosive cubes to clear out masses and deal ridiculous DPS and has superb ammo economy, and most importantly, it looks awesome (I can get behind shooting floating, explosive energy cubes)! I think I just found my new favorite Primary.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

No. It's ugly. It looks wrong in the hands of a space ninja. Play a space engineer if you want a Quanta.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-02 at 08:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320

No. It's ugly. It looks wrong in the hands of a space ninja. Play a space engineer if you want a Quanta.
    Psh. That's just putting the space into "space ninja".

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I have one of the quanta-family weapons, but I don't think it's the non-infested quanta. I've mostly stopped using my primary due to my love of the vaykor marelok. I have a Hek with the delicious multi-shot JUSTICE that still needs its first forma. I also need to get around to leveling up my prime point blank mod to at least rank 9.

So, if anyone in the near future wants to grind some void runs on PC, I'll likely be looking for company. :(

Edit: So, I didn't see a list of playgrounders on the opening post of people who play and which system that play on. We should do that.
    Last edited by Thrice Dead Cat; 2015-04-02 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Lists of stuff

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Liset Captain's log, stardate 2015.4.2

Run eleven of this "Mutato Salad" guy. Still no chassis in sight.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Void trader is up on Saturn relay, two repeats (Prisma Gorgon and Primed Heated Charge) and a new cosmetic, Baro-Ki Teer noggle.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Having missed out on the primed heated charge and prisma gorgon, I'm pretty happy with this set from ole Baro. That being said, the character is a giant egotistical mofo. The noggle just makes it worse.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    Having missed out on the primed heated charge and prisma gorgon, I'm pretty happy with this set from ole Baro. That being said, the character is a giant egotistical mofo. The noggle just makes it worse.
    If you have a Prime frame/weapon equipped when you visit him, he's less aggressively snobby.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Also, it's kind of the point of the character.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    If you have a Prime frame/weapon equipped when you visit him, he's less aggressively snobby.
    So he's DE, then?

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    I usually show up in my Loki Prime, but he is still pretty snobby even then. He's an annoying character, but they're at least consistent with all of his lines.

Then we have Cephalon Simmaris, who comes across as a more aggressive and more annoying "male" Suda. I love the knowledge seeking AI, but I'll be damned if his whole "Stop shooting the target!" when it's my syndicates going ham bothers me to no end.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

If you're Loki has an ugly paint job, I bet he doesn't like you.

Simmaris's Helios mod looks interesting.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

If you're Loki has an ugly paint job, I bet he doesn't like you.

Simmaris's Helios mod looks interesting.
    Loki has my usually white-blue-red-gold color schemes with all those primed attachments I bought from Baro.

But that Helios mod, that ish means I need to actually forma my Helios, since it'll likely be a long, long time until it gets either primed/vandal'd/whatever. It's not going to be as good as resonance, but I'm curious if it stacks with banshee's nonsense.
    Spoiler
    Show