New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    My Lato is now level 29, so I'll soon need a new secondary to level. There's a few of them that I could get for a small amount of credits, namely the Aklato, Lex and Sicarus (as well as the MK1 Furis and Kunai, but MK1 aren't all that good for what I know, so at most the Kunai would be interesting for stealth). I also have everything needed to build a Seer.
    Not sure yet what to pick. The Latron is a Carbine in contrast to the Assault Rifle type Barton I had before, so would a higher RoF be more synergistic now?
    In addition to the above possibilities, may I recommend crafting your Lato into a Bolto once it's maxed out? From there, you can eventually make an AkBolto, which is simultaneously one of the better secondaries and one of the more enjoyable ones.

Also, I will always happily recommend the Seer. Always found it to be a fun little gun, good for both close and long range. And the bullets explode on impact.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-03-01 at 07:21 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    I've pretty much decided that the only primaries worth taking with the high-power secondaries available are Dread and Paris Prime, because punch through + Thunderbolt for hitting lots of enemies.
    I actually prefer the Paris Prime. The kinds of enemies that are hard to one shot are strong against slashing and weak to puncture. As for critting, it's the Soma versus Boltor argument; I think Soma P is better because of the bonus multiple on headshot crit, but Dread's not a hitscan weapon, so benefitting from that is really hard.

Bows are damn fun, though. Alternatively, I use explosives. Opticor and the Penta, mostly. The Kohm is terribly strong and DPSes well. I've been know to use the Attica with Thunderbolt while I'm messing around.
    Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    In addition to the above possibilities, may I recommend crafting your Lato into a Bolto once it's maxed out? From there, you can eventually make an AkBolto, which is simultaneously one of the better secondaries and one of the more enjoyable ones.
    Agreed. It was the first weapon I made, and I loved it.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

What's a good frame for Tower Defence IV? Nova for slowing and damage buffs or Mag for shield restoration. I've heard Trinity's Link is good, but I've never really used it.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    What's a good frame for Tower Defence IV? Nova for slowing and damage buffs or Mag for shield restoration. I've heard Trinity's Link is good, but I've never really used it.
    Vauban: Can immobilize a large number of enemies.
    Limbo: can make the cryopod unhittable
    Frost: Can put a snowglobe over the pod.
    Mesa: shoots things.
    Mirage: Also raw damage. IMO, one of the highest damage frames in the game. Can buff Mesa with Total Eclipse, too.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Colossus in the Playground

I've pretty much decided that the only primaries worth taking with the high-power secondaries available are Dread and Paris Prime, because punch through + Thunderbolt for hitting lots of enemies.
    Only ones? Hardly; there are tons of primaries with their own uses and indeed they cover a lot of functions secondaries can't sufficiently perform (and for that matter, the only secondary that surpasses all primaries in raw DPS is Synoid Gammacor with strict range limitations). The trick is combining different weapons that fill in for each others' weaknesses. Just a quick list:

- Dread, Lanka & Paris Prime: They are all great. Dread is the best in content where you're running with 4 Corrosive Projections due to that removing Armor and Armor-type modifiers (tested here) leaving Slash-damage with the great proc and good bonuses. Paris Prime outperforms Dread vs. enemies with armor though. Both are superb for stealth missions such as Spy 2.0 or Rescue. Being Silent also goes great with stealth frames (especially Loki, but also to lesser extent unorthodox Ash-builds as well as blind-geared Mirage and Excalibur-builds) as enemies cannot pinpoint you if blinded and you use silent weapon (or Banshee's Silence). Lanka is a bit of a different beast with different firing mechanism but fills the same high damage silent sniper niche. Less crit means it benefits less of headshots though (headshot criticals deal further 2x damage compared to normal criticals and normal headshots; so you have Damage * Crit * Headshot * 2, thus making any weapon with 100%+ crit chance amazing for headshots), but it has a great moddable base element to compensate; easy to make e.g. Corrosive damage out of the whole of it giving it more damage than it would look like on the surface.

- Vectis & Opticor: Long range sniper options. Unlike Dread & co. they are both hitscan or near hitscan. Both require you to mod in punchthrough but between Shred and Metal Auger (mostly for Vectis), that's quite painless on rifles. Opticor in particular is an amazing silent sniper with awesome visuals (you mod it with Shred and Vile Acceleration cutting the charge-up time to acceptable levels) and AOE on impact. A very solid weapon that can reach huge burst without crits, nice for enemies you can't headshot (some Corpus stuff, certain bosses, etc.). Vectis, if you have Primed Chamber, is of course just about the highest damage weapon in the game (without Primed Chamber it's still good, about on par with Lasting Purity Vulkar). These are just about the best at killing enemies e.g. across the chasm on the huge Ice Planet Defense/Interception map (e.g. on Cerberus - Pluto) or Void Tower Defense/Interception map. In general, they great for high burst damage for picking off high level targets if you have a crowd clear secondary. For single shot weapons, Heavy Caliber hardly reduces accuracy all that much, making it quite painless.

- Torid: Torid is by far the most useful weapon for high level Void missions and insanely good vs. Corpus. Base Toxin damage is the best in the game, easily modded into Corrosive or Viral, or you can mod it into pure Toxin vs. shield-users to ignore the shields. The clouds remain on the cloud making it easy to nail hordes of enemies and most crucially, they affect Nullifiers without having to go through their nullification fields. Toxin-specced Torid absolutely wrecks them going through the shields and dealing bonus to their miniscule Flesh; easy to kill even level 150+ Nullifiers in few seconds. It's also an amazing weapon for solar rail fights (weapons start unmodded = base damage type is huge and Toxin goes through shields) - area control is insane when defending points, be it from players or AI and it's the only weapon that really offers it. One downside is that Heavy Caliber is programmed to make the grenades fly really imprecisely but being AOE, this is merely a minor issue. It's also a superb weapon for proccing status on masses.

- Soma Prime: Accurate, fairly high crit (for crit headshot doubling), extreme DPS, huge clip, huge ammo stock, this is just overall one of the best hitscan weapons in the game and probably the best allrounder weapon. It doesn't do anything special but it kills things at all ranges extremely well. Over 21k DPS even with Shred. While the base status chance is fairly low, the shots per round compensates enough that it can be used to proc relatively consistently at least one-proc stats like Viral or Radiation.

- Boltor Prime: Kinda worse than Soma Prime, but it nails enemies in masses dealing damage to the enemies behind them making it more lethal vs. masses with Shred. Also, not being hitscan does have the advantage that if you equip punchthrough (again, Shred is a must), it supercharges Nova's Antimatter Drop incredibly easily since it goes through it dealing damage all the way. Proccing is much the same as with Soma Prime; I like to use all-Viral in high level Void, while Corrosive/Blast is nice for basic infested/void/whatever.

- Amprex: Probably the best direct fire/non-explosive anti-mass weapon. It has insane status chance meaning it's easy to radiate ("mini-Nyx") enemy masses or Viral them for half HP (nice for high opponents), Electric for CC or whatever. Base Electric is not optimal but it's good for Corrosive, and the fact that it radiates from enemies means it hits a ton of enemies and punchthrough allows it to radiate from multiple enemies (again, Shred, while optional here, is really good). It also autohits so even Heavy Caliber doesn't hurt much, and it's a crit weapon so it can also scorch peoples' heads.

- Phage: With the introduction of Primed Point Blank, this is quite competitive with almost every weapon while having the option of either firing in huge arc or doing absolutely brutal damage to single targets. Base Viral has both, nice procs and extremely potent damage bonus to flesh; 4 Corrosive Projections and this cuts through Void like butter.

- Penta: Launching is silent (explosion certainly not) so it's fine for stealth frames and having huge controllable AOE explosions has fairly obvious benefit. It takes some getting used to and one has to be careful not to blow oneself up but in return you get a great AOE weapon with decent proc chances and solid damage.

- Latron Wraith & Latron Prime: Solid rifles with good damage, rate of fire, crit and accuracy; all-around fine weapons for any good shot looking for anything reliable.

Other useful options include Kohm, Synapse, Quanta, Boar Prime, Attica & Glaxion (Glaxion and Boar are status machines, the rest are various kinds of DPS options). Also, as Thunderbolt's damage doesn't scale, it's amusing but not all that efficient; even the Attica Thunderbolt builds only hit lower end DPS of the midrange weapons (around the levels of Grakata or Burston Prime).

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    It's more about the team composition than the individual frames. You generally want:
    - Some way to protect the pod from stragglers. Frost, Limbo, Volt are the best options, each with their strengths and weaknesses. Frost's shield can be broken but if spammed enough, it'll stay forever. Limbo and Volt offer limitless protection but Limbo doesn't protect allies unless they skip on being able to easily damage enemies with weapons (abilities still work) and Volt needs to cast an awful lot of shields to cover the whole pod especially from Bombards, etc. Zephyr's Turbulence can also work here but it's not absolute protection from hitscan weapons and missiles so it's significantly more risky and should be supplemented with other means of defense. I recall Nyx's Absorb is currently too small to properly cover the whole pod.

- Crowd control. Loki to disarm all enemies and perhaps Irradiate them is probably the best especially since he can walk around safely to cast it on spawners but it should be supplemented with something like Banshee, Nova, Vauban, Nyx, Mirage (Prism Blind has massive range) or company.

- Damage. Level 100+ enemies, even with 4 Corrosive Projections, take a bit to kill. Some of the big damage multipliers really help with keeping enemies dead (combined with status procs and such). Options include Mirage (with Total Eclipse, 568% for the whole team), Banshee (Sonar, can add weak spots for 1400% damage multiplier), Nova (Antimatter Drop does ungodly amounts and Molecular Prime doubles damage) & various more niche options (stacked Volt Shields, Rhino's mini-Roar, etc.). I personally am a huge fan of Mirage/Banshee combination for damage as they also offer amazing crowd control but there are many ways to go. Mag's Shield Polarize significantly scales with enemy levels so it's one of the damage caster options if going late, but Nullifiers make using her a bit trickier (Toxin Torid helps a lot there tho). Ash and Saryn can also muster enough damage to remain useful up to ~1 hour mark, Saryn with min duration max PS Miasma and Ash with max PS Bladestorm.

- Optionally, you can add utility frames like Trinity (to save on Team Energy Restores by spamming Energy Vampire, and to keep everyone capped out on HP with Blessing), Nekros for loot/health restores & shadow tanking, Hydroid for Tentacle Swarm farming (with Pilfering Swarm) & some localized CC and the puddle to possibly heal up with Curative Undertow, etc.

In general, pod defense, CC and damage gets the job done. Stuff like Mag shield restore or Trinity healing is ultimately quite irrelevant; you should be more or less completely protected anyways. Still, they can be brought along for other reasons anyways. It's also worth noting that at least stuff like Rhino's Roar and Nova's MPrime work with abilities too, so if your group uses Saryn/Ash/Mesa/Valkyr/Mag (or Osiris forbid, Excalibur or Ember) for damage, those are something to think about. I'm fairly certain that Eclipse doesn't, but I'm not certain on others. Something to keep in mind anyways.

As an example, a couple of friends & I ran 60 rounds of T4D the other day with Nova/Mirage/Loki/Frost. Nova with max duration and 45% bonus PS (to max the slow on MPrime), Mirage with max PS, Total Eclipse and Stretch, Frost with max PS and Duration, Loki with max range, Irradiating Disarm & some duration. Frost shields the pod adding additional shields as necessary (there's no effective cap aside from energy and with Synoid Gammacors plus Large Team Energy Restores, that's not a real factor), Nova and Loki CC all non-Nullifier protected enemies and Mirage cleans up early levels fast and provides the lategame DPS as well as extra CC in blind. Lategame Total Eclipse plus Antimatter Drop plus Molecular Prime with 4 Corrosive Projections leads to more than enough damage.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-01 at 10:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    - Penta: Launching is silent (explosion certainly not) so it's fine for stealth frames and having huge controllable AOE explosions has fairly obvious benefit. It takes some getting used to and one has to be careful not to blow oneself up but in return you get a great AOE weapon with decent proc chances and solid damage.
    Does the Ogris still have zero noise? XD

Anyway, I have two reactors. One of them I should probably save for Syndicates, though I need a Catalyst first. I'm building/leveling four frames: Trinity, Frost, Zephyr, Valkyr. Which one should I use Reactor on? I'm guessing Valkyr since she's basically Rhino+ from what I hear.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-03-01 at 08:27 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

7. - Top - End - #127

Does the Ogris still have zero noise? XD
    Yup. And in an amazing feat of consistency, Stug isn't, on the other hand. At least they finally made Angstrum's launching silent
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-01 at 09:37 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anyway, I have two reactors. One of them I should probably save for Syndicates, though I need a Catalyst first. I'm building/leveling four frames: Trinity, Frost, Zephyr, Valkyr. Which one should I use Reactor on? I'm guessing Valkyr since she's basically Rhino+ from what I hear.
    In order for the frames you listed: Valkyr=>Zephyr=>Trinity. Don't bother potatoing Frost - get a Frost Prime, then potato that. As for the other 3, Valkyr is probably the best choice, though I admit I'm biased toward any frame that's suited for melee combat.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

9. - Top - End - #129

In order for the frames you listed: Valkyr=>Zephyr=>Trinity. Don't bother potatoing Frost - get a Frost Prime, then potato that. As for the other 3, Valkyr is probably the best choice, though I admit I'm biased toward any frame that's suited for melee combat.
    If you like melee combat, I give a hearty endorsement for Melee Trinity. It might not look like it at first but her skillset makes her a fearsome melee frame. Energy Vampire is easy to spam in lieu of her attacks giving her effectively infinite energy. What does this do for melee? Well, you can channel every single hit! That's actually a substantial damage buff for melee weapons. Add Lifestrike, Channeling enhancements or whatever to taste. Further, Link gives her crowd control immunity as long as there are enemies in range; unlike Rhino's, this can't end at an inconvenient time. As a bonus, enemies deal themselves hefty damage so while she has no straight-up offensive powers, Link does plenty of damage (and Energy Vampire too for that matter). Finally, she of course has Blessing so if she were to ever go low she can just instantly top herself (and her team) out. Overall, near-immortality, crowd control immunity and damage multiplier (plus incidental team utility)? It's a really nice combination if you ask me.

In the bigger picture, I'd say Trinity is by far the most generally useful frame of that set. It's the only frame that restores energy efficiently in the game (Limbo does too after a fashion, but not nearly as quickly) making it desired if not necessary in almost all organized group content - a group with Trinity doesn't need to run energy restores. The fact that Trinity also gives everyone massive damage reduction, keeps everyone topped out on HP and has crowd control immunity, enemy radar & two "stun"-abilities is just icing on the cake. It's also probably the best tank frame in the game, far as absorbing damage goes. Ultimately, compared to Zephyr or Valkyr, she's much better in groups. All 3 are good solo frames and Valkyr & Trinity are two of the game's best Nightmare frames; due to energy drain possibility in Nightmare I do prefer Trinity but Valkyr is certainly more than capable as well. Zephyr a bit less so but she's still quite tanky naturally and Turbulence, her best power for utility purposes, is absolutely amazing for protecting her (and her group and pods) from shooters, and Jet Stream adds further utility to it by adding speed and projectile speed to the mix. And of course, she's incredibly mobile with Tail Wind and her passive (her passive makes her probably the best obstacle course frame in the game).

Now, Trinity v.s. Rhino v.s. Valkyr for tanking, these are the 3 "traditional" tank options (there's also stuff like Limbo, Nekros, Ash & co. but they work a bit differently).
    • Valkyr is by far the tankiest without powers, at her 600 armor. For this reason, she's amazingly well-suited for bruising in Nullifier fields but that's really the only case where that's a factor. Valkyr's greatest weakness is lacking crowd control immunity even in Hysteria and of course lacking ranged options aside from Ripline. She can also be energy drained and while she can run Rage to regenerate the energy, it's still possible to run her out; and without Warcry/Hysteria, she's already far less of an imposing frontline. For melee groups, Warcry is of course a great team buff, but only Valkyr, Rhino, Frost, Oberon and Saryn get any reasonable defensive value out of it (and even of that group, only Valkyr truly makes good use of it; but she can go immortal anyways).
    • Rhino basically just has Iron Skin for tanking. His base stats are great too but since his best defense is Shields and Iron Skin, his reasonable Armor-value goes almost entirely wasted. Iron Skin has crowd control immunity and it blocks most procs and annoying things of that nature and unlike Trinity's Link, it works even when there are no enemies nearby: relevant for e.g. Grineer/Corpus Magnetic/Laser Doors. The biggest downside is that he's by far the most mortal of these 3 lacking defensive steroids that would make him more or less impossible to kill. He has the best Crowd Control in Rhino Stomp and he's got decent utility with Roar though so he has that going on for him.
    • Trinity tanks with Blessing and Link. Blessing can give her a massive damage reduction and Link gives her great damage reduction and crowd control immunity. Her distinctive factor, as touched upon before, is Energy Vampire which gives the whole group essentially infinite energy, herself included. In Infested missions with lots of energy draining in particular this is a real blessing. Also, her effective HP can reach millions which means she can be more than sufficiently tanky to tank even level 1000+ enemies if need be. Infinite Energy of course has tons of benefits, not least of which is also further survivability for Quick Thinking/Primed Flow-using frames (a setup that works great on Trinity herself).

Ultimately, my advice would be to focus on whichever you enjoy playing the most but if you want to know which of those frames has the most uses, I'd go with Trinity in a heartbeat. It's probably the most commonly requested frame for various things in Recruitment, it's a great solo frame, it's a great melee frame, it's a great utility frame and it's a great tank. Valkyr is good at one thing, Zephyr has some uses but Trinity is good at a ton of things (and Frost is basically good at Defense/Mobile Defense/Excavation and certain Survival camp strategies, but I echo the Frost Prime recommendation).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-02 at 12:57 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Zephyr is also surprisingly tanky, so long as the damage is coming from a ranged source, and said ranged tanking is also shared with anything/one you stand next to. Turbulence is wonderful like that. And as a bonus, with the Jet Stream augment, it doubles as a speed boost.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

That sounds like a good idea. I'll be doing that.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    That sounds like a good idea. I'll be doing that.
    Oh, and you can then turn it into the Akjagara, which is a status machine because of Multishot.
    Inherent 100% multishot +120% from a Maxed Barrel Diffusion, +60% from a maxed Lethal Torrent = 280% multishot, or 3.8 bullets per shot. Combo with Seeker (punch through) and any event mods you can manage to track down (the +element/+status mods) and you are churning out a ton of procs every shot (and a lot of shots)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Can I just say that you've convinced me to make a Hysteria Valkyr?

14. - Top - End - #134

Can I just say that you've convinced me to make a Hysteria Valkyr?
    Good choice While I strongly recommend everyone to give Trinity a try too (seriously, melee Trinity is fun and she's real useful to have), Valkyr is a hilarious frame, a great Spiderwoman (Ripline is cool and gives her a ranged attack in Hysteria too) and absolutely immortal. Also the tankiest frame in the game with no powers in effect; 600 Armor with Vitality and Steel Fiber does that for ya. Add to that an armor buff that comes tacked onto a melee boost and you're good to go; immortality rounds it all out nicely (if you can't kill something, just jump away before Hysteria ends and you won't take damage; it's impossible to die with Valkyr if you're careful and don't get energy drained). The only downside is Paralysis being disappointing as she has no base shields (and thus Shield boosting mods do little on her) but even it has its uses.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Valkyr was my main for a long time. Personally can't wait for Valkyr Prime.

Stopped using her as much when I decided to branch out into trickier frames. Mirage was my next main, and Limbo is quickly accelerating into my top frame list There's just something satisfying about Limbo with the Jat-Kittag.

Oh, and the datamining has determined that Volt Prime is coming in with the Kogake Prime. Personally, I'm still hoping the other prime weapon is the Vectis. I want a primed sniper.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Yay, Catalyst blueprint alert! Now I just gotta wait for it to build so I can rank up Steel Meridian... I'll just use the Cephalon Suda sigil in the meantime.

I think the alert's got half an hour left. Dunno.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Advice: If you want good gear, go for Suda first. Synoid Gammacor is the strongest weapon in the game currently. Highest DPS, fantastic ammo efficiency, and an insanely good proc.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #138
    Firbolg in the Playground

ooh pKogake, ive just started using the regular one and really like it. Brutal Tide Stance and things go flying with the slide attack
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Good choice While I strongly recommend everyone to give Trinity a try too (seriously, melee Trinity is fun and she's real useful to have), Valkyr is a hilarious frame, a great Spiderwoman (Ripline is cool and gives her a ranged attack in Hysteria too) and absolutely immortal. Also the tankiest frame in the game with no powers in effect; 600 Armor with Vitality and Steel Fiber does that for ya. Add to that an armor buff that comes tacked onto a melee boost and you're good to go; immortality rounds it all out nicely (if you can't kill something, just jump away before Hysteria ends and you won't take damage; it's impossible to die with Valkyr if you're careful and don't get energy drained). The only downside is Paralysis being disappointing as she has no base shields (and thus Shield boosting mods do little on her) but even it has its uses.
    I have a friend who uses it. It's awesome.

I'll pick up a trinity, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Yeah, Valkyr was my main for a long time. Personally can't wait for Valkyr Prime.

Stopped using her as much when I decided to branch out into trickier frames. Mirage was my next main, and Limbo is quickly accelerating into my top frame list There's just something satisfying about Limbo with the Jat-Kittag.
    I really want a limbo, but I have to do a damn Archwing mission. It sucks how hard it is to get good mods on that thing.

I think my biggest problem is that my weapon lineup is full of weapons bad for Hysteria. I have Orthos P, D Nikana, Tipedo, Dakra. All fast weapons. :P
    Oh, and the datamining has determined that Volt Prime is coming in with the Kogake Prime. Personally, I'm still hoping the other prime weapon is the Vectis. I want a primed sniper.
    Eh... I'm not sure. I haven't used a sniper, but it sounds like an OK idea. I think I'll play with a sniper next.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-03 at 06:13 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Snowbluff, the tipedo is one of the best hysteria weapons. Hysteria inherits the attack speed of the weapon you're using as well as it's base damages. Further, the tipedo's high crit rate lets you build up berzerker stacks, which, because they are built on your frame, will translate to an attack speed increase at the beginning of your hysteria

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Snowbluff, the tipedo is one of the best hysteria weapons. Hysteria inherits the attack speed of the weapon you're using as well as it's base damages. Further, the tipedo's high crit rate lets you build up berzerker stacks, which, because they are built on your frame, will translate to an attack speed increase at the beginning of your hysteria
    Crap, really. Well, I know I'll be leveling that one up.

Too bad it's suck an ugly weapon. Weird stuff like the Orthos P I can put up with, but giving us that kind of blade on a stick instead of a cool one like a halberd or bec de corbin (where are the puncturing melee weapons?) just because it's more Asian really makes the aesthetic feel forced.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, the monk's spade is a solid looking weapon. And the Orthos is actually one of my favorites aesthetically.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, the monk's spade is a solid looking weapon. And the Orthos is actually one of my favorites aesthetically.
    Nikanas (100% because it goes on my waist so it doesn't clip. I wish my Dakra would do that) Regular Orthos > Orthos P (less symmetrical) => A bunch of other stuff >>>>>>>>>>> monk weapons. What next, will we get 1d6 for our unarmed strike?

EDIT: Actually, if they are giving us shovels as weapons, can we get dual army excavation tools (little blade shovel) and a power drill secondary? That way we can equip the Miter/Pantera for maxiumu handiness.

Wait, some of the secondaries already look like drills, right?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-03 at 06:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nikanas (100% because it goes on my waist so it doesn't clip. I wish my Dakra would do that) Regular Orthos > Orthos P (less symmetrical) => A bunch of other stuff >>>>>>>>>>> monk weapons. What next, will we get 1d6 for our unarmed strike?

EDIT: Actually, if they are giving us shovels as weapons, can we get dual army excavation tools (little blade shovel) and a power drill secondary? That way we can equip the Miter/Pantera for maxiumu handiness.

Wait, some of the secondaries already look like drills, right?
    "Doesn't clip" my ass, it clips into the hip of every Warframe I've used it on. Hydroid and Rhino are particularly bad offenders, with Loki coming in at a close second. I still love it, especially with the new Gemini sheath, but you'd think they could adjust the placement on the frames with bulkier waist areas.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

with my other weapons, syndana, and nova reactors on my back*

I do think they should adjust it for the bulkier frames. I mean, the hardpoints should be coded correctly, right?

I also think you should get the option to move weapons to different hardpoints. I'd use my Dakra more if I could wear it on my waist, since I like the look better and it's easier to match colors with my prime frames.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-03 at 06:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

with my other weapons, syndana, and nova reactors on my back*

I do think they should adjust it for the bulkier frames. I mean, the hardpoints should be coded correctly, right?

I also think you should get the option to move weapons to different hardpoints. I'd use my Dakra more if I could wear it on my waist, since I like the look better and it's easier to match colors with my prime frames.
    I really like the idea of being able to choose our own placement, though I can see why it's not an option now - the draw animations are probably made with their current placements in mind, so that's not likely to change anytime soon :(

I did find at least one frame that can use it without issue, though - doesn't clip on my Ash. So that's something. It'll probably look fine on my Excal Prime too.

Come to think of it, why HAVEN'T I tried it on the frame themed around swordplay?

EDIT: It clips through his #%@$ing ARM.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-03-03 at 07:34 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

I could almost swear attack speed is not inherited and hasn't been for almost half a year (and indeed, Wiki makes no mention of it being inherited anymore); last I checked only melee damage and crit chance and crit multiplier from the weapon, along with any Berserker-procs you might've had previously, affected your Hysteria stats (and thus the only relevant mods are Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, True Steel, Organ Shatter and any remaining Berserker-procs from pre-Hysteria). Scindo Prime was heads and shoulders above most of the competition number-wise (with Jat Kittag, Fragor and Dual Cleavers coming somewhat close) especially with Power Strength on Valkyr, particularly with the Manticore Skin having essentially no drawbacks in Hysteria.

I really want a limbo, but I have to do a damn Archwing mission. It sucks how hard it is to get good mods on that thing.
    It shouldn't be hard to find someone to help you or even get you some of the mods. I had a clanmate trade me most of the good weapon ones. Then I just potatoed my Imperator and leveled it and all was well in the world. Just sitting with energy restores and spamming missiles is also a way to clear that mission now that it's fixed. Back in the day it was actually almost impossible if you had any lag since there were invisible enemies capping points and preventing you from countercapping but that's since been fixed (it was still doable with ridiculous missile spam, just stupidly expensive and I forgot to pick up enough of those Fragments so I had to do it thrice).

Limbo is worth it though. My Top 5 favorite frames are probably Mirage, Limbo, Loki, Volt, Banshee (with Nova, Nekros, Zephyr, Ash & Nyx trailing ever-so-slightly behind) in approximately that order and Limbo just has so many uses that it's easy to slam him anywhere and profit. He's also the uncrowned Solar Rail Conflict God though of course, those have asinine amounts of issues so that's not saying that much.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-03 at 08:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Can you trade the Limbo things (I forget what they're called) that you get from the Archwing mission?

If you can, I'll gladly donate to anyone's cause. I think I got something like 30 more than I needed the ONE time I did that mission. I was so happy that I'd never have to do it again.

Edit: Just checked, I have 17 of them, and you need a minimum of 9 to get all the Limbo parts, more if you fail the excavations (protip: don't do that). So if you can trade them, they are free for the taking.
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-03-03 at 11:47 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Sadly, no, you can't. But if anyone needs help, I know Fenrys enjoys Archwing, and I'm willing to spend revives on my Excal to help people run them.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

30. - Top - End - #150

Sadly, no, you can't. But if anyone needs help, I know Fenrys enjoys Archwing, and I'm willing to spend revives on my Excal to help people run them.
    Likewise, I'll help if asked. I should also be able to trade most of the basic Archwing weapon mods to anyone in the need relatively cheap.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-04 at 06:49 AM.