New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What does WH40K mean to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    Seriously. Chaos wants to destroy and/or defile. There is no room for interpretation. That is their sthick. All your points are invalid.
    And you can't corrupt with love? Or corrupt love? Sorry Slaanesh, you need a me sthick.

The gods' role is to be gods of chaos, which tends to destroy an ordered society when it goes too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    You are deluded. Nurgle loves only the farmers who have the rot.
    Um...Nurgle lives you as you are, there is no need to change. You don't need to be diseased, but he wouldn't mind if you just looked after this plague for him

Villains need to be villains. Just because a villain might pet one puppy, it doesn't mean he's not a monster that should be killed with extreme prejudice.
    No, villains need to cause conflict. If you want I can give you some stories where villains aren't killed by the heroes.

They are different things and you know it. Some "Vampire the Masquarede"-vampires deserve death more than Chaos cultists. Some of those vampires might be able to live lives that aren't about sacrificing the innocent.
    And a good deal were at the 'neutral leaning evil' stage, and I've used far more of those as my villains than 'maniac overlord 2000 years old'. What was your point anyway? Because I obviously do not know it.

Mary Shelly's Frankenstein (the monster, not the professor) did not choose to be a monster, he was made as one.
    Adam Frankenstein (to give him his full name) was born as a human. He was immediately abandoned by his father, and then had to raise and educate himself. He became a man who was fairly normal, apart from his incredible physical capabilities and intellect. Maybe not a good man, but not an evil man. He goes to his father and asks for a wife. Victor builds it, but then destroys it and declares Adam to be evil. Because Adam brought himself up on the edge of society (as in he his in a farmer's shed and learnt most of his knowledge from books) he has an underdeveloped moral compass, and does exactly what Victor did to him. He kills Victor's wife (after warning Victor before the wedding is even planned) just after their wedding. After Victor runs he is pursued by Adam, and as far as I remember Adam never tells us why, we only get Victor's interpretation. Victor dies, and Adam apparently decides to commit suicide. He hurt one person in his life, and does not try to kill the expedition members after Victor dies.

Adam was an abandoned child called a monster by his father and society. Despite this his first thought is to live apart from society, and when his dreams are destroyed he responds how a human would. Adam began his story as a good guy and a hero, and ended his story as a bitter man with nothing to live for. He is no longer a pure soul, but he has a reasoning for most of what he does.

Victor is a bad guy. He brings a child into the world, and then abandons it. When that child returns and asks his father for a favour, his immediate thought is 'how do I get away' while calling it a monster. He goes back on his word, destroying what his child sees as it's only chance at a companion. He refuses to except that his actions should have consequences. When they do he claims that his only mistake was giving life to Adam, and that Adam ruined his life due to being evil. He refuses to think of Adam as anything but a monster right from the very beginning. Does any of this sound like a good guy?

TLDR: the creature 'born as a monster' has fewer awful deeds in the story than the man who opposes him.

[quote]Don't know anything about Paradise Lost.

And Chaos cultist would sacrifice their humanity and souls if they got bigger muscles out of the deal.[quote]

Cultist yes, but not all followers are cultists. What about the ruler who bargains with Tzeentch for the intellect to have a stable reign?

I actually do prefer Warhammer to 40k.

Anyway, no offense, I wouldn't want you to fight alongside me in any Warhammer game. You seem like a traitor and heretic.
    And proud of it
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    *snip*
    Cultist yes, but not all followers are cultists. What about the ruler who bargains with Tzeentch for the intellect to have a stable reign?
    I agree on most of this...

This one, though, I'm in mind of the canonical story of the leader of a rebellion who barters with a Lord of Change for the means to end a war he's losing against the imperial forces assaulting his planet. The lord of change, when negotiations are concluded, immediately hands him a device, which he activates.

Teleport beacon for Terminator Marines, right into the throne room.

Turns out, the war ended as soon as he killed, nobody else wanted to keep fighting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I agree on most of this...

This one, though, I'm in mind of the canonical story of the leader of a rebellion who barters with a Lord of Change for the means to end a war he's losing against the imperial forces assaulting his planet. The lord of change, when negotiations are concluded, immediately hands him a device, which he activates.

Teleport beacon for Terminator Marines, right into the throne room.

Turns out, the war ended as soon as he killed, nobody else wanted to keep fighting.
    Thats because Tzeentch is a jerk and that guy was a moron. You need to be absurdly specific when dealing with the Lord of Change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel