New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Emerald City Knights (IC)

Ashley's blast cuts through the air, exploding as it strikes the flying 'Supra Secretary' and knocks her back. The woman skids across the ground, armor made from metal scraps spitting off sparks as it grinds against yellow brick. She doesn't stay down for long, climbing back to her feet and wiping the blood from her cut bottom lip. Any callous amusement that had been on the blonde's face before fades and she becomes very serious, "Alright. Now, I'm mad."

She rushes towards the florist, lifting off the ground again to take flight. Supra Secretary moves her hand in a throwing-like motion and a wrecked car follows after her, hurling straight toward the southern super.

-

Lord Etheric cries out in pain as Agent Charlie Grant connects with a solid haymaker. If it weren't for his newly developed powers, the punk would be fat on his ass. Instead, he takes several steps back, clutching his face in shock as much as pain, "You... you hit me! I c-can't believe you hit me!"

The kid only gets angrier, but it steadily becomes clear that he's never been in a real fight in his life. He takes a step toward the pugilistic super spy, throwing another psychic blast to try and crush her mind, but the energy flies wild and completely misses. "I have had it with this! No one is going to push me around anymore!"

-

As the Vampire retreats, the Mongoose follows. She darts around several piles of wreckage, nimbly dodging the kinetic pulse that was fired at her. The beast woman gives Ashley a warning growl before following after her prey. Despite Mina moving to higher ground, she is unable to shake her opponent. As the Mongoose approaches the wall, she leaps into the air and lands upon the roof to continue the pursuit. Her wild eyes narrow as she slinks closer.

Despite the animalistic appearance, there still seemed to be some measure of a human intellect buried deep within. Before, the Mongoose hadn't been able to lay a finger on the dark defender of Emerald City. But as she reengaged, it appeared that she had learned. Pouncing forward, she leapt around and behind the Vampire, raking her claws across the heroine's armored back.

-

The octopus man was more than happy to flee with his hostages in tow. However, the heroes had other plans. He stopped in his tracks, screaming in pain as he felt his insides being damaged by the imperceptible rifts that opened within him. Before he could recover from that, a rain of darts stabbed into his back, blinding him with even more pain. The end result was a very dazed eight limbed slimy monster. Dropping to one knee, he managed to hang onto the innocent civilians, but it was clear his hold would not last forever.

-

Once Cel stopped in her tracks, so did the roadie. He brushed his long hair back, blinking as he took a look at the woman in the cat suit, "Woah, lookin' good! Hey... where'd you come from?"

His attention drifted quickly enough to one of his hands, streams of light shooting from the palm. The roadie stared at it in wonder, "Dude, it's like Laser Floyd! See?"

Ribbons of laser seared through the air as he pointed the beams at the speedster. Of course, even the speed of light was no match for her, and Cel deftly maneuvered around them without so much as a scratch. "Far out!"

-

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Supra Secretary Bruised (-1)
    Lord Etheric Bruised (-1)
    Mongoose Uninjured
    Octaman Injured (-2 and Dazed)
    Roadie Uninjured

Supra Secretary hits Ashley with a Move Object 10, so Ashley needs to make a DC 25 toughness check.

Lord Etheric missed on his attack against Agent X.

Mongoose hits Vampire with her Claws & Teeth, a Damage 9 power. Mina needs to make a DC 24 toughness check.

Octaman is Dazed and there's nobody nearby for him to attack, so don't worry about the roll.

Roadie missed on his attack against Cel.
    Currently Dancing To: This Awesome Wonder Woman Theme Remix!

Awesome avatars thanks to Komodo and Ceika! You're mathematical!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Cel
    Condition: Irritated, fatigued
    Hero Points: 1

Scruffy haired idiot, Cel thought to herself.

Time slowed down and the Roadie seemed paused in his actions. The laser light show that he unleashed may have been impressive to him and onlookers - but to Cel each gesture of his hand was easily side-stepped.

Looking him up and down several times, the Speedster rolled her shoulders, exhaled and turned on the spot to practice several round-house and head-height kicks, an elbow-smash or two and a few punches before turning her attention back to the Roadie and performing the real thing.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action: Taking 5 from To Hit and adding it to damage in a Power attack "rapid strikes": 1d20+9=26

Finally.

A couple of things - recall that her attacks are Subtle 2, so his active defenses are halved. Second, she's got Multiattack with this so she'll either get +2 or +5 to her damage DC, depending on whether she beats his Parry by 5 or 10 (which should be 10 + 1/2 his normal defense).

So he needs a toughness save against: DC 25 + 2/+5.

Move Action: Using move-by action to move around a few metres to and fro, but return to within arms distance of the Roadie.

Last edited by BananaPhone; 2015-03-01 at 05:42 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Vampire
    Condition: Normal
    Hero Points: 0

As the Mongoose pounced from behind to bury her claws into the Vampire's back, the Vampire whipped around while stepping away from the Mongoose, rolling with the impact of the claw strike and keeping the Mongoose from penetrating the costume's armor. "Tch..." Vampire knew she had gotten careless; she let her anger at that thug of a cephalopod get the better of her and she had gotten sloppy both in her hit-and-run, and on her guard. Vampire was determined not to repeat that mistake, if she went down that meant one less person to save those helpless civilians... speaking of which.

Once the Vampire had finished springing back from the ravenous Mongoose, she dived backwards and rolled in mid-air to set her flight path to swerve behind the clearly injured tentacled thug; beyond the monster she saw Riftwalker staring intently at the tentacled thug; excellent, just who was needed to evacuate the civilians once they were freed. "Riftwalker! Civilians!" Vampire shouted, not that she didn't think Riftwalker had her priorities mixed up, but she needed to be sure that the super was alert.

Vampire fired another barrage of Vampire Fangs, six of which found their mark, six more to make that monster regret his hostage-taking.

Her action taken, the Vampire continued her flight path into an alleyway in another attempt to lose the Mongoose and force her to waste time searching for her; hopefully it'd work out better this time since the Vampire found a sign up the side of one building which she flew up to to hide behind, using her cape and pack to hover behind it but touching one hand and one boot to the building wall to give off the appearance of casually clinging to the wall. Unfortunately this restricted her view of the main battle, though still able to see a few of participants.
    Last edited by Nintendogeek01; 2015-03-02 at 10:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Agent X
    Charlie Grant
    HP: 1
    Condition: Bruised (-1), Fatigued

Charlie barely had to move to avoid the wild blast. Someone's rattled. That was quick. Despite the danger, Agent X allowed herself a smile. She wasn't usually the chatty type in a fight, but this clown made it too easy to pass up. "Aw, baby boy's a coward! I figured as much. Suck it up, kid, life's full of surprises. Here's another!"

Charlie grabbed 'Lord Etheric' by the collar and swiftly stepped behind him, sweeping her leg into his knees in an attempt to send the little loser straight into the pavement.

Spoiler: If trip succeeds
    Show
    As Lord Etheric crashed to the ground, Charlie wound up for another heavy strike, planting a steel-toed combat boot square in the goth wannabe's ribs. "I'll stop if you give yourself up. You can go to jail, or you can go to the hospital, and then go to jail. Pick smart, kid."

Spoiler: If trip fails
    Show
    Frustrated by the teenager's surprising reflexes, Charlie lashes out, driving a knee into his guts. "Be glad I didn't aim lower, kid."

Show
    The Trip attempt result was 23 (vs Parry), The Athletics check to actually trip him was 23 too. Falls prone if he fails. Second attack was 22, so a DC 23 Toughness check for Etheric.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Ashley
    Luck: 1

Ashley is relieved that the Mongoose isn't going to retaliate against her for her potshot. She really didn't want two problems to deal with when the one was already being a handful. The one that had just swung a car at her while she was distracted. Ashley only caught part of the car out of the corner of her eye before it smacked in to her.

The strike sent her into a nearby tree trunk like a baseball. Only luck saved her, as the car managed to only hit a barrier that flared purple when she was struck, and the same flare-up happened when she hit the tree. Holy crap, I'm glad I have whatever that was just now.

She stands up after recollecting her wits, brushing herself off. "You know, this could have all been avoided if you just asked me out for some coffee before giving me the car. You gotta start relationships off right and proper."

This one might leave me open. Let's hope it's enough. She tosses another ball of energy at Supra Secretary - this one as large and disruptive to the air around is as the first one, but with an even more precise, spear-like shape. This, unfortunately, leaves her open.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

The lavender-clad heroine, still in a frenzy, continues tearing away at the cephalopodic villain as the lady in red calls out to her. The reminder serves to jerk her to her senses, readying her to act if necessary. "Right... civilians come first. I'll evacuate them the moment they're free."

As the sinister squid sinks to submission, the triumphant teleportress turns to the terrified townspeople. Dipping into the depths of her domain, she delivers a door to the desperate, opening two new rifts- one to search for a safe destination, the other to deliver them there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Continuing to Rifttear (so still DC 25), then Riftwalking close before using Extra Effort in order to shift array to Open Rift 7 (35), Riftwalk 1, Eye of the Rift 7, and check a half a mile away from the epicenter for a safe place before opening a rift portal there.
    Last edited by Syless; 2015-03-02 at 11:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Cel was a blur as she unleashed a flurry of blows upon the chemically-altered roadie. Every kick, every strike, hit home with everything she had. When the storm of fists finally ended, the roadie still stood. For a moment, it was as though the onslaught had been completely ineffective. But any fear passed when he simply fell forward, face first, to the ground with a heavy thump.

-

Octaman fell shortly thereafter. The multi-limbed monstrosity simply wasn't capable of withstanding the combined efforts of both the Vampire and Riftwarden. As he was knocked on his asphalt, his slimy tentacles weakened their grip upon the innocent individuals that he had perniciously purloined. Before the civilians could reach the ground, they were dropped into a nice public park an hour away from the Yellow Brick Row.

-

While Emerald City's nighttime defender, the Vampire, attempted to vanish from the rest of the villain's eyes, she could not escape the Mongoose's nose. The wild woman sprinted down the alley, snarling out, "Smell you." Mina was discovered promptly as the antagonistic animal leapt up at her prey, trying to claw her but just falling short. As she crouched and growled, it was clear that she didn't intend to miss again.

-

The thoroughly unimpressive Lord Etheric winces and lets out a shrill cry of pain as Charlie plants her boot in his ribs. A faint blue-ish glow surrounded him and the goth pushed himself off of the ground to float nearby, "Let's see how smart you are when I melt your brain, you @#%$&!" The teen grit his teeth, focusing his power again to try and send another psychic blast at the agent out of time. However, the etheric energy splashed harmlessly across the yellow bricks.

-

And, nearby, two of the stormers continued to clash. A kinetic blast ripped through the air to slam into the magnetic menace, but she weathered the worst of it. The golden haired gladiator grinned at kinetic companion, "What can I say? I like to make a big show of things! Now, let me slip you into something uncomfortable!" With a wave of her hand, another big, metal, object came hurtling down to slam onto Ashley. This time, it was a big, heavy, trash container.

Show
    Supra Secretary Bruised (-1)
    Lord Etheric Injured (-2)
    Mongoose Uninjured
    Octaman Incapacitated
    Roadie Incapacitated

Supra Secretary hits Ashley with a Move Object 10, so Ashley needs to make a DC 25 toughness check.

Lord Etheric missed on his attack against Agent X.

Mongoose missed on her attack against the Vampire.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Cel
    Condition: Satisfied, fatigued

It was with a degree of satisfaction that Cel watched the Roadie collapse forward onto the ground and mentally enter dream world. It had taken considerable willpower on her part to "pull her punches" so to speak, when connecting her fists with the guys head...hitting him too hard at Mach 200 could have reduced his entire body to paste.

But, that's why she was a Big Damn Hero.

In what seemed like a gust of wind, the Roadie went from K.O'ed face-down to laying on his back, his hands and feet bound together beneath him with plastic restraints.

Taking a look at the rest of the scene, Cel took a step forward and braced for further action. She saw some tentacled thing had been defeated (hopefully its opponent was not Japanese) and the other stormers seemed in various states of dishabille. The exception to this was the furry, snarling she-beast fighting a black-and-red costume. Perhaps that's where she was needed next?

Darting forward, Cel easily caught up to the pair right as Mongoose crouched for a pounce. Approaching from behind, Cel swept a leg low to take the she-beasts hindquarters clear out from under her before shooting off herself. Once again, it'd be like she wasn't even there at all.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Invisiblecastle is down atm.

Move action:

- Putting some restraints on Road. As he's K.O and unable to offer resistance, I'll assume this is a move action and does not require a standard action, given that it's just a matter of time (and Cel can do things that take hours in just a second or two).
    - Move up to Mongoose from behind. Hopefully this may mean she's unaware of Cel's attacks or something.

Trip Attack against Mongoose: (1d20+14)[34]
    If successful, Athletics: (1d20+10)[19] vs Mongoose's Acrobatics, as via Improved Trip.

Move-by Action: Cel will then sprint off somewhere out of sight.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Vampire

"Mi... Vampire, talk to me, not yourself please!" Tina's voice buzzed over the comms.

"A bit busy right now..." Vampire muttered as that confounding Mongoose found her and took a mighty leap up to her position to swipe with her claws. Vampire scaled up the wall she was hovering against, pulling just out of reach of the Mongoose's attack, before springing off and flying to the corner of the opposite building, peering around it for a quick survey of the battlefield. "Details later, fighting meta-humans now," Vampire said into the comm before priming her wrist-launcher, switching from the standard fangs to the specialized taser fangs, and taking a shot at Lord Pretentious.

The almost full-powered shot soared through the air before nailing the gloating gothic teen dead center on his neck; Vampire couldn't help but smirk as the teen shrieked in pain, while she had no way of knowing whether his powers would enable him to shrug it off or not, he was going to feel that.

"Meta-humans!? I hope you know what you're doing!" Tina's panicked voice pulled Vampire back to her default state-of-mind as she pushed off the building corner and glided out towards the street.

"Always," Vampire replied tersely. She rolled into a land right beside Riftwalker, "The magnetic one's destructive," Vampire began as she whipped around to face the Mongoose; curiously a blur had just darted away from behind the Mongoose, probably the same one who dispatched the roadie. "I've got the Mongoose," Vampire finished telling Riftwalker as she leaped backwards, carried about ten feet away with the aid of her cape and pack.

Vampire skid to a halt in a defensive stance; Mongoose had proven twice now as being able to find her, and trying to lose her in the alleyways could have the opposite effect if she kept trying. No, Vampire was on her guard and ready for whatever came at her, right here and now.
    Last edited by Nintendogeek01; 2015-03-08 at 12:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Riftwalker
    Condition: Fatigued

Riftwalker breaths deeply in exhaustion as she closes the rift. Turning and scanning the rest of the battlefield, she sees Vampire engaged with the furry and Charlie with the emo, so she turned and saw two women, with the attire of civilians, fighting. Unsure which one to stop, Vampire turned and told her which to aim for. Nodding she turns to join the flinging fight, firing a boulder from the Plane of Eternal Rockslides at the magnetokineticist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shifting array to Riftwalk 10, Riftblast 10, Whisper of the Rift 1 and firing Riftblast (Stone descriptor) at Supra Secretary.

(1d20+10)[28]

DC 25 Toughness if it hits.
    Last edited by Syless; 2015-03-07 at 10:51 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

RedSorcererGirl

Agent X
    Charlie Grant
    HP: 0

Charlie smirks as the red and black costumed woman's attack catches Etheric right in the neck. She's good. Real good. Let's finish this loser, and maybe scare him straight. Her hand dipped into her coat as she turned to face the teen, and Etheric found himself looking down the barrel of Agent Grant's best friend. "Well, you made your call, kid. This here's Black Betty. She's real persuasive, so I'm gonna let her get in the last word." Betty might be persuasive, but she wasn't loud. There was no bang from the silenced pistol, just the disquieting *Clack**Clack**Clack* of the gun's inner workings.

Show
    Charlie's pistol has optional Stun rounds, a feature that has always been there and was not just hastily added so she doesn't murder a teenager in the middle of the street.

Full +5/-5 Power Attack. Attack roll: (1d20+9)[11] DC 24 Toughness if it hits.

Edit: Attack rerolled in the dice thread. New result is 26.
    Last edited by Red_Jenny; 2015-03-08 at 12:14 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Ashley
    Condition: Bruised (-1)
    Luck: 0

The trash container hits Ashley full-on, sending her sprawling. Her barrier took the brunt of the hit that would have probably killed her not minutes before this fight started, flaring up as the loud clang of metal-on-person reverberates in the air. She keeps on her feet with a rather impressive display of acrobatic prowess that seems to be second nature.

That was not good for this disgusting migrane, she thinks through the pounding of her mind. Perhaps if she weren't so groggy, she'd have been able to dodge the broad side of a dumpster. Her jeans already had a few tears in them from wear, but now she can add another one on the thigh to the list.

She does take note of the boulder flying toward her adversary. Looks like someone's finally coming to help me. She visualizes what she can of the boulder's trajectory and prepares to throw another burst of energy at the Secretary to keep her on the ropes.

"This is a terrible first date. I don't think it's going to work out."Ashley fires off a burst of kinetic energy at Supra Secretary again, another reckless spear intended to bring the pain.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    All-out Power Attack: +0 To Hit, +2 To DC, -2 to Defenses
    Kinetic Pulse 6, DC 23 - (1d20+10)[26]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Despite already subduing two of the sinister stormers, the three still standing were proving to be quite a handful for the heroines. Octaman laid in the middle of the street and let out low, painful, groan in his sleep. The laser roadie didn't do much of anything, tied up as he was, content to remain unconscious and avoid the pain of a hundred superfast kicks to his face.

-

While the Mongoose's attention was focused on the Vampire, she's taken surprise by a sneak attack from Cel. The trip sent her flipping into the air, but her feral instincts allow her to spin, realign herself with the ground, and land safely. Though she continued to pursue her prey, the sudden attack out of nowhere clearly bothered her, and the Mongoose's attention was split between her enemy and her mystery opponent. The beast woman swiped at Mina, but couldn't help but look back at the alley, both in confusion and anticipation of another invisible ambush.

-

Agent X's pistol barked as she fired off several rounds. However, Lord Etheric wasn't there to meet them. As the bullets whizzed by, Charlie would notice the teen writhing on the ground. A small dart stuck out of his neck, apparently sending a rather strong current of electricity through the kid's body. To his credit, the 'mighty' Lord Etheric managed to remain conscious longer than most people who were hit with the Vampire's taser darts. His eyes were wide with anger and horror at his predicament before closing as he slumped onto the pavement. Eventually the dart ran out of juice, but he still twitched and sizzled for a long while afterward.

-

Meanwhile, the Supra Secretary was still going strong. She growled and swung her hand at the kinetic pulse to deflect it away, her attention completely on her fellow stormer. As such, she was rather unprepared for the sudden boulder from out of nowhere. The woman noticed a shadow fall over her, glancing over her shoulder with slowly widening eyes before the large rock slammed into her and sent her through an appliance store with a rather loud crash.

A moment later, several washing machines were flung back out the way she came to roll harmlessly across the street. The Supra Secretary emerged soon after, looking a little worse for wear as she brushed the dust off of her molded metal armor. Shaking several stray locks of blonde hair out of her face, she looked to Riftwalker and motioned for her to come closer, "You want some too? The more the merrier!"

Show
    Roadie: Incapacitated
    Octaman: Incapacitated
    Mongoose: Uninjured
    Lord Etheric: Incapacitated
    Supra Secretary: Injured (-2)

The villains all missed on their attacks this turn.
    Last edited by Dancing Owlbear; 2015-03-15 at 01:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

Riftwalker

Rift smirks a bit as the boulder meets its mark. Watching supervillains careen through buildings was still rather satisfying, once she got used to the notion of property damage being an inevitable consequence of her work. Alice Veers will be making a large donation to the reconstruction fund when this is done with. As the woman barks out her threat, Riftwalker shakes her head. "That was just a warning rock, to get your attention. If you'll surrender now, you'll be spared any more trouble." She then turns her head over her shoulder and looks at the other two. "This goes for you as well, Lord Mascara and crazy cat lady!" Keeping a careful eye on the battlefield, the teleportress prepares to open rifts at the first sign of trouble.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shifting array to Riftguard 10, Riftwalk 10, using Riftguard to reflect any enemy attacks this round.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Vampire

"Three down, two to go," the Vampire thought as she easily side-stepped the Mongoose's furious, yet unfocused, claws; whoever the runner is, they are at least proving an able distraction for the Mongoose, that was the good news. The bad news is that whilst hit-and-runs and ambushes worked on the other meta-humans so far the Mongoose's tenacity and sensory ability could draw the Vampire into a fair fight. This circumstance was unacceptable, lives were on the line and fair battles usually meant pointless risks. Or at least that's how it would normally go, but this time Vampire is not the only one here to stop this madness; whatever the intentions of the blur and the meta-human battling Magnette over there, they were at least putting a stop to wanton destruction. Not to mention that the Agent, in spite of her circumstances, and Riftwalker were doing a good job.

Or so she thought until the boulder Riftwalker pulled out of one of her portals slammed Magnette into a building and thusly causing property damage; an act that Vampire considered facepalm-worthy if she weren't using both of her hands to fight right now.

"Things are in chaos right now Vampire," Tina chimed in over the comms, "I don't know where emergency services are right now I'll let you know when I can pick them up!"

"Relax, I'm not the only one fighting the meta-humans," Vampire replied as she stepped in past one of Mongoose's claws and threw a quick fist aimed at her chest before quickly pulling it back, hoping that the Mongoose would try to dodge in a direction that would leave her off-guard.

"Okay good. Still, be careful," Tina warned.
    Last edited by Nintendogeek01; 2015-03-15 at 03:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

RedSorcererGirl

Agent X
    Charlie Grant

"Hmph. I wasted a perfectly good quip on you, too." The unfortunate Lord Etheric gets a parting kick from Charlie as she turns to survey the scene. Two of the villains were still on their feet and causing havoc, and one of them just got up after getting tossed through a wall, looking more angry than hurt.

Deciding to take her chances with the foe she could actually hurt, Agent X dashed toward Mongoose and the caped woman. A one-on-one fight? That wouldn't do at all.

"Hey, you! Um, cat... thing. You look like you're made of sterner stuff than that joker was, so how's about you show me what you've got?"

The spy dropped back into a fighting stance and threw a pair of quick jabs followed by a massive, telegraphed roundhouse punch. A foe as agile as this animal woman would have little trouble dodging away... which was the whole idea.

As she bobbed and weaved, Charlie tossed a wink and a grin Mina's way. The caped crimefighter would know what to do.

Show
    Feint attempt rolled in the dice thread. Result of 31, benefit passed to Vampire. Mongoose is Vulnerable to Mina's next attack if she fails the check.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Cel

When Cel returned she was wielding a broken piece of drainage pipe between her hands. Though moving too quick to be detect by any normal people, she was forced to pause when she ran right up to the feral catwoman - now surrounded by two others - and let loose with a tempest of blows.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: 1d20+14=28

Cel is using a piece of pipe, or a steel bar, or maybe even one of those orange traffic poles to beat the **** out of the mongoose. Either way it'll count as a club with +2 damage. Because of her Improvised Weapon she can use the club using her Unarmed rating of +14. Because she's using her rapid attacks she's also got her Subtle 2 and Multiattacks.

I'm not sre what Mongooses defenses are, but they're half way they should be against Cel. If she hits she gets +2 from Multiattack, if she hits by 3 degree's she gets +5 damage.

So Mongoose needs to make a toughness check against DC 24 or DC 29.

I'm not sure if the extra damage from the club means I have to take 2 from the "to hit" modifier due to PL, but if that's the case then Cel gets 26 to hit.

If Mongoose is still standing after Cel's turn, Cel will use Move-by action to run off again.

Last edited by BananaPhone; 2015-03-16 at 02:21 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Ashley

This sucks. Stupid office worker. I just want to go home and she had to deflect my mental hand blast thing. Ashley laments her life choices up to this point in time. This headache is seriously a pain, and that hit from the dumpster would definitely show in the morning when she's got a nice big bruise across her side.

"Screw surrender, she hit me with a car!" Ashley states, and takes a step toward Supra Secretary before suddenly flying forward and attempting to maneuver around the other woman. Unfortunately, despite her impressive acrobatic talent and careful application of foot-to-ground, it doesn't seem to go well. She does manage to get her shot off against Supra Secretary, though: a point blank spear of dark purple energy fires from Ashley's hand to her target.

It seems Ashley's luck is starting to run out. Or maybe getting hit by the dumpster reminded her body that she was in lots of pain. Or suddenly gaining super powers threw off her game. But at least she'll hit with this attack. Hopefully.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

The Mongoose snarled as she was attacked from all sides, some feinting to catch her off-guard and others actually moving to inflict injuries upon her. While the time-displaced Agent X's fancy footwork took the beast's focus off of the Vampire, the furious feline still managed to roll with Cel's supersonic strikes. However, as soon as the assault ended, the creature was back on the offensive. With a roar, she lunged with gleaming claws and fangs toward Charlie, intent on ripping the not-so-secret secret agent to shreds!

-

Ashley's blast hit home, slamming directly into the magnetic menace. The energy washed off of the makeshift armor she wore, and the villainess clenched her fists and grit her teeth in clear frustration. The bruises were starting to add up and the number of dance partners was steadily rising. And while she wanted nothing more than to crush every single one of them, she knew what the better part of valor was.

"It's been fun, but I think I'm gonna take off. But here's a consolation prize from DEATH MAGNETIC!" The woman threw a blast of magnetic energy toward Ashley, missing by just a few inches. Making an annoyed face, she turned and soared up into the air, hoping to flee while she still had to opportunity to do so, "You're going to regret getting in my way! I swear it!"

Show
    Mongoose: Uninjured
    Death Magnetic: Injured (-3)

The Mongoose hits Agent X with her Claws & Teeth attack. Roll Toughness vs. DC 24.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Riftwalker

Riftwalker chuckles to herself. Why are the new ones always so megalomaniacal? She rends at the air in front of her, and a rift opens- though rather than being for her, the other end opens directly behind the magnetokinetic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shifting points into Devouring Rift 10, Riftwalk 10, and using Devouring Rift on Death Secretary, with the endpoint being directly in front of Riftwalker, so DC 20 Dodge.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Vampire

Vampire did not fail to catch the Agent's roundhouse kick, far too telegraphed to be a deliberate attack, and the wink sealed the deal; seeing that the Mongoose was in a poor position to dodge the Vampire hopped back and turned up the power on her wrist-launcher to maximum power, firing a salvo straight for the Mongoose!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Action: hop back about five feet, insignificant I know but oh well.

Standard Action: Power attacked against the Mongoose (who I think was made vulnerable to my next attack by Agent X's "set-up" right? Result was 24 in the dice thread.

Result if Successful: Mongoose must make a DC25 toughness save, DC27 if attack check succeeded by two degrees, or DC30 if the attack check succeeded by three degrees.

22. - Top - End - #52

RedSorcererGirl

Agent X
    Charlie Grant
    Condition: Staggered, Bruised x2 (-2), Fatigued

Charlie is caught watching the woman in red make her feint-assisted attack instead of keeping her own guard up, and Mongoose makes her pay, carving a brutal gnash in her ribs and staining the ground red. Charlie fires off several rounds as she stumbles back, more out of instinct than anything else. She's far more angry with herself than the half-crazed feral creature, mimicking her old drill instructor. "God damn... 'Stupid rookie made a stupid rookie mistake! That's gonna be one pretty set of scars, recruit, but scars are only as good as their story, and you're gonna have one duuumb tale to tell, Grant!'"

Show
    Charlie's toughness save was 11. Attack result was 30. DC 19 toughness save for Mongoose if it hits.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Post Re: Emerald City Knights (IC)

Ashley

Ashley regains her footing just in time to dodge a magnetic burst headed for her. She notes how similar their skillsets seem to be, and files it away in her mental filing cabinet for later perusal. Once she gets around to organizing that place. Death Magnetic is a dumb name. I hope it isn't a law to have a nickname if you have superhuman abilities. She weighs her options on what to do: on the one hand, Ashley can go home if Secretaria leaves. On the other, she hit her with a car, and that's going to smart later. Choices, choices.

"If that was your goodnight kiss after this lil' date, it's gonna need some practice." Ashley prepares her blast of kinetic force. "Allow me to show ya the proper form," she finishes, shooting a thin, accurate needle of potent dark purple energy.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Cel

Cell pursed her lips as this rat-woman-thing still refused to go down. Hit after hit, blow after blow, it was as if she was made from titanium or something.

By now, however, it was apparent to Cel that she wasn't the only one attempting to take this rat-girl-freak face-first into the dirt where she belonged.

Darting back into the action, still with her lead-pipe in hand, Cel cut loose again, trying a direct approach one last time.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Charlie and the Vampire unleash a hail of bullets and 'vampire fangs' at the beastly Mongoose. She shrieks as she is struck, knocked back several steps by the force of the impact and clearly winded. Cel zooms in to throw another flurry of nearly invisible punches, but the animalistic villainess gets a surge of adrenaline, moving with the strikes to minimize her injuries. Even a near-rabid monster knows when it is outnumbered, and the Mongoose snarls at her enemies before turning and attempting to flee, leaping over a chain link fence halfway down the alley.

-

Death Magnetic was chuckling to herself as she got further and further away from the destruction she had partially wrought on the Yellow Brick Row, spinning to avoid another lance of kinetic energy that had been thrown at her. And then a strange portal opened up behind her, trying to pull her in. Despite her abilities, the magnetic malcontent could not break free of its otherworldly grasp. Sucked into the portal, the sinister stormer found herself on her butt at the feet of the Riftwarden. The sensation, however, clearly had left her a bit disoriented as Death Magnetic spun around to unleash a magnetic blast at the teleporter... and missed at point blank range.

"J-just... back off! Leave me alone or I'll destroy you!"

Show
    Mongoose: Injured (-3, Staggered)
    Death Magnetic: Injured (-3)

Death Magnetic attacked Riftwarden and missed.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Cel stopped and stared as still that hairy ****ing **** stayed up and refused to go down. She'd tried tripping her. Nothing. She'd laid into her with the strongest hits she'd had, twice, and all she'd done was tickle her.

Breathing in deep, haggered, hot breathes, her nostrils flaring each time as she stared death-daggers at that ugly cat-thing with all manner of violent fantasies filling her quickly enraging head. Cel's blood ran hot as a deep-seated, angry fury stoked within her chest at how she threw everything she had at this wretched creature when she might as well have just been feather-dusting her, for all the good it did.

Cels hands clenched into tight fists and a heat-wave rose from her collarbone. Her shoulders and traps tightening, the speedster rocketed forward. Eschewing all grace and finesse, Cel was little more than a blur as she collided full-on with Mongoose, shoulder straight into the chest at 64,000 mph as everything in a several-meter radius was flung into the air in a calamitous sonic-boom!

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Slam attack.

To Hit: 1d20+5=17

DC 31 if she hits.

I originally rolled 1d20+14=22 till I realised that that would get capped because of PL, so the above is my attack roll.

Cel takes half damage: 1d20+5=8

No way is she getting knocked out by her own attack while the Mongoose rolls another crit and walks away, so I'm spending my only hero point to do that again.

Extra Effort Retry: 1d20+5=14

So that gets +10 added to it, for a total of 24. She takes nothing.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2015-06-21 at 05:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Riftwalker

Riftwalker shakes her head. "I'll give you one more chance. If you stand down now, it'll probably be a lot less uncomfortable." For dramatic effect, a rift opens beneath the teleporter and deposits her behind the would-be villainess. "Oh, and please don't try that blast again. It'll end rather poorly for you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Shifting points into Riftwalk 10, Riftguard 10, using Riftguard to redirect Death Magnetic's blast back at her if she uses it.

Deflect- (1d20+10)[24]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Vampire

The Vampire ducked as the Mongoose leaped over to try and get away, try being the key word, as there was no way she was about to let some blood-thirsty superhuman escape into the streets. The Vampire activated her flight suit and took to the air, lifting off and getting an aerial perspective, then taking aim with her wrist-launcher before firing a volley of bolts at maximum power, most of which seemed to be on target.

"Go take a nap," The Vampire growled as she swooped in closer to her target.

Show
    Move Action: Fly after the Mongoose

Standard Action: Used a 5 for 5 power attack with the vampire fangs for a result of 26 over in the dice thread.

Result if Successful: Mongoose must make a DC25 toughness save, DC27 if attack check succeeded by two degrees, DC30 if attack check succeeded by three degrees.

Move-by Action: Get into melee range with Mongoose if possible, or as close to it as possible.

29. - Top - End - #59

RedSorcererGirl

Agent X
    Charlie Grant
    Condition: Staggered, Bruised x2 (-2), Fatigued

Charlie dropped to one knee and took careful aim as Mongoose dashed away. She had no intention of letting this creature get out into the city to raise more hell. She squeezed off three shots, careful not to put a bullet in the back of one of the superheroes. That would be hard to explain away.

Show
    Power (+3/-3) Attack vs Mongoose. DC 22 toughness if it hits. (1d20+11)[31]

Edit: Welp. Make that DC 27 toughness.
    Last edited by Red_Jenny; 2015-06-23 at 09:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Ashley

Ashley decides to leave the clean-up of Suprsec to the strange rift woman. After all, she has rifts. All Ashley has is the ability to miss with energy spears and ineffectually swat people with trees. I'll go check on that jogger I took the tree off of, then. She winks at the secretary and leaves those two alone to meet up with the jogger. She probably hasn't gone far with that injury and the dog on top of her.

It's a quick fly from where she was to get back to the jogger (the fact that she flew is something she's not going to think about right now). Her head's still pounding, but she's had enough hangovers to at the least be able to apply what knowledge of first aid she has managed to scrape together from all her adventures in the countryside. All those broken bones finally paying off! Maybe she'll be a doctor after all. The way things today have gone, she might get a doctorate in never leaving the apartment again.

Ashley pauses for just a moment to make sure the dog won't attack her or anything silly, and crouches down by the woman's leg. "I'll move you somewhere safe. Let me check the damage." She checks the break to see if it's actually broken or sprained - trees are pretty big, so it's probably the former, but it never hurts to be sure! There's blood and scrapes and it all looks rather painful, but the woman's lucky that this is all she got.

It should heal all ri- she begins to think, just to be interrupted by a hot flash of pain in her head. Her eyes flutter and stars dance in her vision, but the sensation passes almost as quickly as it had appeared. It seems she has just encountered her ability to heal for the first time!