New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [RT] The Wonders of the Expanse [IC]

Ravia stares at the wall, the floor and the ceiling for some time while humming a prayer of patience and then departs mentioning needing to see a cleric about a Canid
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Alaric wandered the marketplace, stopping at each stall in turn, looking for oddities or interesting items.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Well, I will need both her travels' and that expedition's documents, that will give us a fair amount of informations to start with. Also, do you have information about parts of our network ? People we could meet, place we should visit, any matter worth reporting that happened during - and before - the lack of leadership the house had lately solved ?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I forgot to ask what is "Factor Discretus" meaning...
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

"You will get access to as much information as we have, of course," the Factor nods. "I must tell you, though, it is not as much as we could hope for. The whole operation seems to have been pretty hush-hush, and most of the house resources were used elsewhere at the time. It will provide information on the location and corroborate the story somewhat, but it is a somewhat risky affair. Depending on what you find, it can be quite profitable, and either way I expect it would support the reputation of the house - and you as its scions - significanly."

He pauses briefly before continuing, seemingly uncertain. "Our point of contact is - or perhaps was - Mr. Obediah Swain, who to the best of my knowledge was the house Factor for such affairs. We have not heard from him recently, however, and from the way things are here I have the strong suspicion things did not go well for him. I would, of course, appreciate any further information - it could help us navigate the current house politics better. We have some low-level informants in Port Wander, but for anything bigger you should look closer to home."

Alaric finds plenty of curios, but little of actual value ((OOC: Let me know if you are looking for something rare and/or valuable)). In a side end of the hall, however, he notices a largish croud and noise that is more likely than not caused by public speech or sermon of some sort.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #65

Beholder

Alaric wanders down to hear what has gathered the crowd, musing to himself that the marketplaces just weren't up to his standards.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

As Alaric approaches, he hears a loud, impassioned voice, and soon sees the source - a firebrand preacher, medium of build (though leaning to heavy) and grey of hair and goatlike beard, who stands on an improptu podium of crates as he extols the masses. "For I say to you, be ever ready! Soon there will be a chance for the children of Him on Terra to march on proudly through this dark and unmapped place, and bring it under the yoke of Holy Terra, as it was meant to be! Those with means, bring funds! Those without, bring your toil and your zeal! Did Saint Drusus not spill sweat and blood to bring countless worlds under the leadership of the Emperor? Did he not extol all who served unto him and their descendents unto the uncounted generation not to do likewise? YOU are these descendents! The bread you eat and the recaf you drink, they come from the worlds the Saint secured. The clothes that warm you and the steel that keeps you comes from wolds the Saint mastered. All that keeps you alive and well is because the Saint and those with him suffered, warred and triumphed. Will you, after all that, let the Saint's words fall on deaf ears and his mission fail, because YOU did not have the heart to carry it, while you ate the fruits of his labor like so many maggots?" On and on he continues, extolling the masses to prepare and be ready for the inevitable push to expand into the Expanse

"Master Alaric, please be cautious. Such crowds are dangerous if excited, and clerics like that one are quick to latch on anyone who seems of importance. Let us not stay long"
    Talia, the large oathsword bodyguard who has been with him for nearly two decades now, whispers over the intercom. The large feralworlder has not shown any fear, but she has a good eye for sensing a possible danger, and plenty of experience.

7. - Top - End - #67

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shaman View Post
    As Alaric approaches, he hears a loud, impassioned voice, and soon sees the source - a firebrand preacher, medium of build (though leaning to heavy) and grey of hair and goatlike beard, who stands on an improptu podium of crates as he extols the masses. "For I say to you, be ever ready! Soon there will be a chance for the children of Him on Terra to march on proudly through this dark and unmapped place, and bring it under the yoke of Holy Terra, as it was meant to be! Those with means, bring funds! Those without, bring your toil and your zeal! Did Saint Drusus not spill sweat and blood to bring countless worlds under the leadership of the Emperor? Did he not extol all who served unto him and their descendents unto the uncounted generation not to do likewise? YOU are these descendents! The bread you eat and the recaf you drink, they come from the worlds the Saint secured. The clothes that warm you and the steel that keeps you comes from wolds the Saint mastered. All that keeps you alive and well is because the Saint and those with him suffered, warred and triumphed. Will you, after all that, let the Saint's words fall on deaf ears and his mission fail, because YOU did not have the heart to carry it, while you ate the fruits of his labor like so many maggots?" On and on he continues, extolling the masses to prepare and be ready for the inevitable push to expand into the Expanse

"Master Alaric, please be cautious. Such crowds are dangerous if excited, and clerics like that one are quick to latch on anyone who seems of importance. Let us not stay long"
    Talia, the large oathsword bodyguard who has been with him for nearly two decades now, whispers over the intercom. The large feralworlder has not shown any fear, but she has a good eye for sensing a possible danger, and plenty of experience.
    Alaric maintained his distance and eases away from the street preacher. "One wonders, if he is so ablaze with desire to expand into the Expanse, why does he stay here exhorting other to go?"

With that thought, he motioned Talia that it was time to make their way back to the ship.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

"So I tell you," the preacher continues. "Be not content to sit here and waste your days. Every day, new ships travel towards the stars to aid the Emperor's vision. Those of you with skills, take up with them - seek them out. Those of you without, master crafts and arms, so that you too can follow. In time, each of you will have the chance - do not waste it!"

Spoiler: NPC Time
    Show
    (1d100)[33]

The missionary, as he scans the small crowd, notices the ornate dresses of Alaric and his minders, and steps down from the small podium and walks in their direction. “You there, sir,” he approaches, and the eyes of about a hundred people turn towards you. “You have the look of a travelled man. Perhaps one who travels yet?”

Alaric all but senses the bodyguards draw breath.”Don’t turn, sir. We try to get him off without this escalating, will be easier if he doesn’t recognize you” Bayan, the other oathsword, whispers in quick code over the intercom.

(As for the other part of the shore leave party - do you want to ask the guild factor something more or handle the rest ooc and check what else you can do here?)
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2015-04-26 at 04:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Now out of the House, Aesteban took direction of the market - not the kind of market where everyday luxuries are exposed, the kind of place where you can at the same time buy 10 tonnes of weapons and 300 of food - and answered his comlink.

"Flamers? That should be doable. And weapon mods? Depending on what you want, I can try to furbish a small cargo room with spares, that should allow us to apply mods when needed... if you know how to build those that is. If I don't know what you need I can't help you on that. Anything else that should have been added to my notes far before we reach the station?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I know you talked about it after reaching the place. But Aesteban assumes it's definitely the kind of thing you should have thought before reaching the place, and he wants to keep everything organized and in check...
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

10. - Top - End - #70

Beholder

"So I tell you," the preacher continues. "Be not content to sit here and waste your days. Every day, new ships travel towards the stars to aid the Emperor's vision. Those of you with skills, take up with them - seek them out. Those of you without, master crafts and arms, so that you too can follow. In time, each of you will have the chance - do not waste it!"

Spoiler: NPC Time
    Show
    [roll0]

The missionary, as he scans the small crowd, notices the ornate dresses of Alaric and his minders, and steps down from the small podium and walks in their direction. “You there, sir,” he approaches, and the eyes of about a hundred people turn towards you. “You have the look of a travelled man. Perhaps one who travels yet?”

Alaric all but senses the bodyguards draw breath.”Don’t turn, sir. We try to get him off without this escalating, will be easier if he doesn’t recognize you” Bayan, the other oathsword, whispers in quick code over the intercom.

(As for the other part of the shore leave party - do you want to ask the guild factor something more or handle the rest ooc and check what else you can do here?)
    Alaric proceeds away as if the question had never been asked.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

The Factor of the Guild attentively listens to Esteban's instructions. "We try to avoid overtly interfering in the weapons market. It draws a lot of attention," he says, not all that apologetically. "However, we do our best to know a lot of people and have some favors owed. If you would come, Sir Aestheban,"

[The guild's aid will give you a +30 on the commerce test to "improve" your PF for this deal. On issues related to exploration or supply, they can act as a junior partner and pseudo-add +10 on the PF roll)

Elsewhere, Bayan makes a hidden gesture to Alaric and Talia to move along, as he approaches the priest with surprising suaveness "My deepest regards, exalted one. Sadly, my master is being summoned by the representatives of the Imperium and must appear there with all due haste - anything less would be a grave disrespect. He deeply regrets having to leave so quickly, but I will do my best to ensure your plea reaches him with all necessary detail. How may Master Alaric aid you in your rightful efforts?"

Spoiler: Rollin' for the NPCs
    Show
    Charm Roll (1d100)[90] vs 35
    Scrutiny Roll [roll]1d100[/roll] vs 40

The missionary quickly looks over the bodyguard and energetically shakes his head, the gleam in his eyes becoming only brighter as he turns his long, wrinked face towards Alaric. "Do not seek turn me away, young one. Have you no sense for the glory the Emperor offers us all? Is a minute of delay more important than the chance for a new colony, a new world brought to the expanse? All these people are ready and eager to serve the greater cause, and any representatives your master would visit with so little pomp can appreciate the importance of spiritual guidance and the wisdom of the Holy Synods."

With that, he motions to continue towards the navigator, and the myriad of people following him makes stopping him by force a risky proposition. As he spoke, Bayan had used the chance to briefly look over his clothes for possible hidden weapons, and confirmed in brief code that he is clear apart from the not entirely ceremonial hammer. "Do I force him back or allow him without weapon", he quickly whispers in the com link.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2015-05-08 at 02:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Re-rollin', because I apparently can't notice a formatting error:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[26] vs 40

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Jace, upon hearing Aesteban's comm-link responded with "That sounds about right, though I do not know how to apply such things. The many priests should though, I was thinking some scopes, red dot sights and other such weapon mods should suffice."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

It seemed a little too good to be true. It was a golden opportunity. Finding some ancient mystery planet, claiming vast treasures, cementing his position within the Dynasty and marking the Salix Warrant as a mover and power to be reckoned with in the Koronus Expanse. It irked him, it forced his hand here in Port Wander, he had to accept the mission to cement his building reputation and to solidify his contacts. It was also likely a wild goose chase with no chance of success, he'd have to have someone more knowledgeable than him to look over the records to really determine that. If he copped out, it showed weakness. If he failed, it showed weakness. At some level he had to take this, and make SOMETHING out of it. Worst case scenario if the entire thing was bust it could perhaps be used set up a rival Captain and make some minor profit, but that was clearly showing his own inability to handle this affair.

Politics... it was so much easier back in the military. Clear objectives and obvious performance marks, with clear enemies. As he left the house he couldn't help but feel that the men he just left were not truly on his side, at least not yet. Their position was too cushy, they had everything to gain from his success to be sure, in both material wealth that he might gain, but also in reputation and influence with the fortunes of the Dynasty behind them. They also had nothing to lose with his failure however. Any records they handed to him, they could likely sell to another would be fortune seeker in the expanse. Their success wasn't dependent on his.

He made a note that he needed to assign some leverage to this place at his earliest convenience. Find someone far more loyal to himself, reward him for his loyalty with a command rank in this place. The established men of the house would likely balk at it, but it would help remind them just where their loyalties should lie.

With his guards in tow, he made his way, not to the armory markets, but to the scavenger bazaars of Footfall. Where those who salvaged the wrecks of Traders who were incapable of shooting the maw made their living. Rough place, but he was used to it. Even without his guards he would have felt comfortable here. There's just that way you walk, confident, and most importantly, dangerous. You keep your eyes open and your ears pricked up for signs, it was always clear if something was going down if you payed attention. Children used as messengers running about, people staring, conversations falling silent, people getting a bit twitchy and unwilling to meet your eye.

Aesteban and the others may not have liked him rolling around such places, preferred if he stayed in his Tower of Luxury and the like... but rank did have its privileges.

Making his way down to an old contact of his, a scavenger clan family that went by the name of Warrick, he exchanged a few smiles, a few waves, and beamed brightly as he settled down to deal with the patriarch of the Warrick Clan. It was his type of business meeting, formalities, but ones he was more comfortable with. Cracking open a homebrewed bottle of Rotgut, lounging around and swapping stories about some of the strange things they had seen in their travels, asking about each other's family. There was definitely a happy atmosphere to the whole thing before the real business got started, old friends who had met each other many, many times over the decades of Arin's operations even before inheriting the Warrant of Trade.

"Well my friend..." Arin broke the conversation, "There is one thing you can do for me. Little venture I got going... and I'll need myself a nice stable little place to set up shop while working. Sort of place that I can set up where I need, and isn't going to get overrun by a Grox someone kicked in the balls," he let out an easy grin and a short laugh as he settled back in the chair, "You got the best stuff in the Port, sure you managed to scrounge up some ship with the right stuff? And you know I'm always good for makin' it worth your while..."

Spoiler: Mechanics!
    Show
    And Arin is looking ahead towards if they actually DO find the planet, and probably have to operate in territory that may be hostile in one form or another.

Thus for his one Acquisition he's going for: Good Craftsmanship Jovian-Pattern Modular Hab Base, as can be found in Into the Storm.

Short list: It's a base that can be landing crafted down/orbitally dropped down. Enclose and can last in Toxic/Inhospitable places. Includes a Barracks for up to 40 people, Commissary, Medicae Facility, command and communications hub with Vox and Augur Arrays, two storage sheds, a small genatorium, and a prefab landing pad. Good Craftsmanship also gives a Prefab'd bulwark that surrounds the base, with two Saber Defense Platforms with twin linked heavy stubbers.

Acquisition Test: (1d100)[87] vs baseline PF of 48. -30 for Extremely Rare Item, -10 for Good Craftsmanship, +30 for Single Item, No applicable Peers or the like, Final Mark of 38 + Commerce Modifiers.

And yes, Commerce, I 'played the game' with the Merchant, smooth talked him, etc, to try to get a good deal out of the guy. Well, hopefully. We'll see how well I did/badly he falls for it. <.<

Commerce Test: (1d100)[89] vs 32 Fellowship, +0 Training in Commerce, +10 (possibly) for Renown Warrant, -5 for "Constant Combat Training" Homeworld Trait on Interaction Tests not having to do with Combat/Military matters, at DM's Discretion. Baseline Mark of 37.
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

((ArcturusV, can you please try an rogue traders lore test at +30 regarding the name Obediah Swain)

The factor adds "One other thing, milord - I will continue looking for a possible trace where my predecessor has disappeared to, but if you could also find something - or better yet, manage to locate her - that would be even better. Personally, I believe she has always been loyal to the family, and the manner of her disappearance would suggest she might have known and wanted to avoid the investigation, and the documents that are missing are definitely ones that better not fall to any other hands. Both the documents in her possession and her personal knowledge and contacts make her a very valuable asset in the Expanse, if she can be recovered. The same, well... make her very dangerous if she is being controlled by a hostile party."

At the scavenger bazaar, Arin found the "turf" of his associates fairly easily. Things looked like they had improved a fair bit since the last time... which, granted, was not that recently. After the initial confusion born from the somewhat different uniform Arin was wearing this time - and the fact that the last time was not all that recent - an uneven chorus of welcomes and generally good wishes met the captain as he advanced in their warren.

Joram Warrick, a tall, lean weasel of a man and one of the three leaders of the clan - and the one Arin had done the most business with - rose to meet him. "Arin," he wheezed "Throne and stars, good to see you are still around. Heard some stories you did some pretty crazy thing last time you were around. Glad to see it's worked out for you." The hand that clapped Arin's from inside the bodyglove was comparatively thin and almost frail, but firm. The older man's green eye (the organic one) - twinkled as he took in the insignia and marks of office Arin wore. "Should I add titles now?"

He considered the rogue trader's request for a few seconds, then nodded at one of his clansmen. "Nikor, get in touch with Grys, check how her op is going. Have her come personally if she's not in the belts."

When he turned to Arin, Joram's face was ever so slightly downcast. "We don't have one at present, Arin. Business has been fairly brisk recently, but around a month ago one of the local consortia - Kislevski Stars - really stepped it up. Scooped a lot of things related to exploration in somewhat of a hurry, and at pretty good prices. Word is - though it could be just a rumor - they are working for a client planning something in the Foundling worlds."

"I don't have anything of the sort you want right now, and I can't think of any of my usual partners who might. One of our salvage ops could be repurposed to this end, but it won't be finished soon, and we don't have the spares to bring it up to a good standard for all possible situations. I should have the full current info shortly, for now - anything in particular you want to stress?
    "

Around thirty minutes later, a Grys Warrick, a young-ish woman with modified work suit, showing the signs of the clan, walks in to the respectful acknowledgement of the locals. She is introduced to Arin and briefed on the situation (she recognizes the name and greets him politely with the tone and wording befitting a friend of the clan, not just a trading partner), and after a second of thought shakes her head. "We can hurry the work if we get a lot of additional manpower and work with some outsiders, but the current salvage itself only goes so far. In the near term, we can cobble something together, but there will be compromises with the request."

((Essentially, this can get you a poor quality base if you are willing to wait a few weeks. This is counting the bonus from the Guild ))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2015-06-06 at 04:27 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

"It really is a hell of a thing," Arin chatted with Joram. "One moment you're chasin' some renegade with a mark on his head, the next?" he just shook his head and held his arms wide as if to symbolize all of the rushed insanity possible in the galaxy, "I got MEN for crying out loud. Can you imagine that? Old rough neck like me out on the fringe suddenly has people? Got myself a fancy new place and these people lookin' at me like I'm the refined scion of Sector Lord Hax?" he barked out a short laugh, and shook his head at the sheer insanity of it, but it was all in good fun.

"Never knew how you dealt with it you know," he shook his head looking over the salvage clan fondly. As the young lass came up, he nodded, "Get me a Data-slate, I'll connect you with some vox spirit tunings to get in touch with your opposite among my number. I'm sure he can hammer out the details better," Arin offered, and if a Data-slate was provided gave some Vox Codes that should get the Warricks in contact with his Seneschal and chief business tycoon.

"He's a bit nambly to me. Real high born type you know, but good head on his shoulders. So don't be takin' too much offense if he fusses a bit, you know the type right?" Arin smiled at Joram. He was about as far from that type as possible.

"Did I tell ya that I got married?" he added, apparently considering the business details "on the way to be hammered out" and just socializing with an old friend. "Yeah, real firecracker of a woman too, surprised the hell out of me. Like a freakin' warpstorm out of nowhere, all you can do is just pray to the God-Emperor and hope you ride through mostly intact." He let out a deep, rich laugh, "Maybe you get the family together, we do a nice dinner and some drinks before I leave. I'm sure she'd like it."

He settled back in his chair, to finish his drink, and his pleasant visit before more pressing business found him having to leave. There just never was enough time to catch up with his old friends anymore. Someone always needed him for something.
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

17. - Top - End - #77

Beholder

The Factor of the Guild attentively listens to Esteban's instructions. "We try to avoid overtly interfering in the weapons market. It draws a lot of attention," he says, not all that apologetically. "However, we do our best to know a lot of people and have some favors owed. If you would come, Sir Aestheban,"

[The guild's aid will give you a +30 on the commerce test to "improve" your PF for this deal. On issues related to exploration or supply, they can act as a junior partner and pseudo-add +10 on the PF roll)

Elsewhere, Bayan makes a hidden gesture to Alaric and Talia to move along, as he approaches the priest with surprising suaveness "My deepest regards, exalted one. Sadly, my master is being summoned by the representatives of the Imperium and must appear there with all due haste - anything less would be a grave disrespect. He deeply regrets having to leave so quickly, but I will do my best to ensure your plea reaches him with all necessary detail. How may Master Alaric aid you in your rightful efforts?"

Spoiler: Rollin' for the NPCs
    Show
    Charm Roll [roll0] vs 35
    Scrutiny Roll [roll0] vs 40

The missionary quickly looks over the bodyguard and energetically shakes his head, the gleam in his eyes becoming only brighter as he turns his long, wrinked face towards Alaric. "Do not seek turn me away, young one. Have you no sense for the glory the Emperor offers us all? Is a minute of delay more important than the chance for a new colony, a new world brought to the expanse? All these people are ready and eager to serve the greater cause, and any representatives your master would visit with so little pomp can appreciate the importance of spiritual guidance and the wisdom of the Holy Synods."

With that, he motions to continue towards the navigator, and the myriad of people following him makes stopping him by force a risky proposition. As he spoke, Bayan had used the chance to briefly look over his clothes for possible hidden weapons, and confirmed in brief code that he is clear apart from the not entirely ceremonial hammer. "Do I force him back or allow him without weapon", he quickly whispers in the com link.
    "Allow him to approach, but be prepared to deal with this rabble, should it come to it."

Alaric throws back his hood, showing his third eye. "You were going to ask me about traveling the Expanse?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

A Calixian adpet? With medical and xenological knowledge? That is one much needed addition to our crew.

Readying a message for this adept, Aesteban heads toward the ship.

Spoiler
    Show
    The message will only talk about a possible position, nothing about his particular skills nor mine. I will take some time to inquiry about his possible ties (or inimities) with the Inquisition, and I won't give him any information about me anyway. Any sensible information I mean.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Joram nods, giving Arin a sour smile. "Yeah, I had pegged you to run a gang of mercs, perhaps, but hardly more. As it is, I left you to Him on Terra to guess what you'll end up like. And hey, don't sweat the missus. Happens to the best of us, it does. She with you or did you leave her somewhere safe and far away?"

Elsewhere...

It is a testament to the cleric's wits (if not his overall good sense) that he reacts with nothing more drastic than a quick gasp and a whispered prayer. A second later he gathers himself and nods. "It seems the Emperor has indeed guided your footsteps to us, er, esteemed Navigator. Me and my brethren seek to continue the call sent forth by the most holy Saint Drusus and see all the worlds in the expanse brought into the fold of the Emperor. For that, of course, men and women of faith must hold strongholds of the Imperium on these worlds and the between them. Alas, many of the potentates of the Imperium do not see this as a priority, which is why we must urge action. Is your captain - and you, of course - planning to ply the further stars?"

Elsewhere yet...

Aesteban will get a mostly positive, but non-commital answer that indicates interest and further inquiry who is behind the offer (unless he gave any particular information on the name and dynasty, which I presume he did not). Whoever the message is for is apparently not keen on burning any bridges, but seems to not rush in, either.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2015-06-21 at 07:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

Beholder

Elsewhere...

It is a testament to the cleric's wits (if not his overall good sense) that he reacts with nothing more drastic than a quick gasp and a whispered prayer. A second later he gathers himself and nods. "It seems the Emperor has indeed guided your footsteps to us, er, esteemed Navigator. Me and my brethren seek to continue the call sent forth by the most holy Saint Drusus and see all the worlds in the expanse brought into the fold of the Emperor. For that, of course, men and women of faith must hold strongholds of the Imperium on these worlds and the between them. Alas, many of the potentates of the Imperium do not see this as a priority, which is why we must urge action. Is your captain - and you, of course - planning to ply the further stars?"
    It is my understanding that we will be entering the Koronus Expanse, yes. If you would like, I can carry your petition to him for you, if you wish to seek to colonize one of the planets therein.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

The preacher's eyes glimmer. "There are few among us to safely establish a colony, but should your captain be on such an endeavour, many here will gladly join such an outpost. Of course, if he plans to long travel in the Expanse, his fleet himself would constitute a worthy bastion of the Emperor. Many here will gladly join, should he wish it - myself included."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

After this globally disappointing answer, Aesteban sent another message, using a symbol of a secondary member of the affiliated guild.

"Adept,

I have taken personnal interest in your peculiar skills, and I am ready to help you hide from other interested parties, by allowing you to take a seat on board of a ship that will leave within the week. I won't be able to offer you any protection after that moment, but I am fairly sure our arrangment will please you anyway.

Be ready to embark at dock I-02."

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, that note it worded as a personnal note, indicating basically that I will be merciless if he refuses to join, possibly by giving informations about his location to the inquisition, but that any association will be incredibly rewarding.

23. - Top - End - #83

Beholder

The preacher's eyes glimmer. "There are few among us to safely establish a colony, but should your captain be on such an endeavour, many here will gladly join such an outpost. Of course, if he plans to long travel in the Expanse, his fleet himself would constitute a worthy bastion of the Emperor. Many here will gladly join, should he wish it - myself included."
    "Then I shall bring your petition to the Captain"