New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Weapons! (of Legacy, or Weapons Properties)

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNekros View Post
    What qualifies as a regular?
    Just throw your name out and maybe some links to stuff you have done/participated in, someone might make one for you.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

2. - Top - End - #122

BardGuy

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Weapons! (of Legacy, or Weapons Properties)

Does anyone have one for me yet? Check my sig for some of my accomplishments.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    My first thought is a +1 Keen Rapier of Wit. But I already made my Diplomacy weapon.

@IZ42

Spoiler: Vestige
    Show
    Iz, the Ancient Master
    Vestige Level: 6th.
    Binding DC: 25
    Special Requirement: No
    Iz was an ancient warrior, known for his focus on self-mastery. His skill in unarmed combat was dreaded across his home world, but greater still was his skill with his great two-handed blade.
    Legend: Iz is said to have come from humble beginnings, an orphan raised by a monastic order. Night and day he trained, building his body to perfection, learning the teachings of the monastery. Iz’s monastery was destroyed however, and it is said he forged a sword from the scrap metal remaining with which he pursued a bloody vengeance upon the orcish raiders which destroyed the order. This vendetta consumed his life for many years, but eventually the orcish horde was shattered, and he looked back on his life and saw simply blood. For years thereafter, Iz devoted himself to peace, living in hermitage, trying to meditate on the true purpose of life. Then the fiends came, a great army, descending out of vile hellgates. Iz joined the heroes who faced them, helping drive them back pursuing all the way into the depths of hell itself. There upon the blasted waste where fireballs fell from the sky, he faced the commander of the infernal legion the pit fiend general Bel who would later rise to lordship of the First. The two battled for hours and days, until at last the pit fiend tore into him. Iz’s body shredded and dead, he fought on through sheer force of will striking a deep wound into the general of Baator. Enraged Bel shattered Iz’s sword and struck him down not just in body but soul, rending Iz’s spirit so it could not pass on to the hallowed slopes of Celestia.
    Manifestation: Iz manifests first by reaching out of the ground with one hand like a corpse clawing its way back to the surface. Covered in horrific scars, the corpse slowly rises out of the seal until it stands looking like a grotesque replica of its binder, its body half rotten and thoroughly torn, sex indeterminate, height and race the same as its binder, face ravaged. 42 shards of steel sit inside Iz’s flesh, stabbing and digging into its body. Iz speaks in a hoarse whisper, voice deep, even as its body radiates an infernal heat.
    Sign: A thick web of scars form across your body, crisscrossing and layering over it.
    Influence: Iz drives you to pursue battles to their end. You must see your enemy completely routed and defeated. Iz’s influence prevents you from giving up on pursuit of an enemy, except to pursue another current foe, and from accepting a surrender that does not render the enemy a complete non-threat.
    Granted Abilities: Iz gives you the ability to summon a replica of his sword, to fight on beyond when your body should be dead, stun foes with your mighty blows, leap great distances, and some of the skills and talents of a monk.
    Summoned Blade: As a swift action you can summon a magic greatsword. You are proficient in this weapon, may treat it as a monk special weapon, and may add your base (i.e. just the dice) monk unarmed damage you possess (either from monk levels or binding Ronove) to your damage with this weapon. Your greatsword’s exact bonus and abilities depend on your effective binder level, according to the following table.
    Effective Binder Level Greatsword Summoned
    10th or lower +1 greatsword
    11th-14th +1 Sacred Outsider (Evil) Bane greatsword
    15th-18th +2 Sacred Outsider (Evil) Bane greatsword
    19th+ +3 Sacred Outsider (Evil) Bane greatsword
    Stunning Blow: As a free action you can instill your next melee attack with the potential to momentarily stun a foe. You must use this ability before you make your attack roll. If you hit the target must make a Fortitude saving throw or be stunned for 1 round. Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.
    Narrow Path: The way of the monk is a narrow one, and it is easy to be led astray or to fall from it. You gain a +6 competence bonus to Balance and Sense Motive checs.
    Hard to Kill: You do not die at -10 hit points, but instead at -10 – your Constitution score (for example if you have Con 11 you do not die until -21). While at 0 or less hit points you do not fall unconscious but are instead limited to only a standard and swift action each round, and you do not fall unconscious due to nonlethal damage unless it is at least as much higher than your current hit points as your death point is below 0 (i.e. if you don’t die until -21 you are not knocked out unless you have 21 more nonlethal damage than hit points). Finally while at 0 or less hit points you gain Damage Reduction (1/2 effective binder levels)/-.
    Mighty Leaps: As a full-round action you may move up to twice your speed and make a Jump at any point during this movement. With this jump you move 5 times the normal distance of your jump check (whether long or high jump) and may move all this distance as part of this full round action regardless of whether it is longer than your speed. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds to do so again.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    My first thought is a +1 Keen Rapier of Wit. But I already made my Diplomacy weapon.

@IZ42

Spoiler: Vestige
    Show
    Iz, the Ancient Master
    Vestige Level: 6th.
    Binding DC: 25
    Special Requirement: No
    Iz was an ancient warrior, known for his focus on self-mastery. His skill in unarmed combat was dreaded across his home world, but greater still was his skill with his great two-handed blade.
    Legend: Iz is said to have come from humble beginnings, an orphan raised by a monastic order. Night and day he trained, building his body to perfection, learning the teachings of the monastery. Iz’s monastery was destroyed however, and it is said he forged a sword from the scrap metal remaining with which he pursued a bloody vengeance upon the orcish raiders which destroyed the order. This vendetta consumed his life for many years, but eventually the orcish horde was shattered, and he looked back on his life and saw simply blood. For years thereafter, Iz devoted himself to peace, living in hermitage, trying to meditate on the true purpose of life. Then the fiends came, a great army, descending out of vile hellgates. Iz joined the heroes who faced them, helping drive them back pursuing all the way into the depths of hell itself. There upon the blasted waste where fireballs fell from the sky, he faced the commander of the infernal legion the pit fiend general Bel who would later rise to lordship of the First. The two battled for hours and days, until at last the pit fiend tore into him. Iz’s body shredded and dead, he fought on through sheer force of will striking a deep wound into the general of Baator. Enraged Bel shattered Iz’s sword and struck him down not just in body but soul, rending Iz’s spirit so it could not pass on to the hallowed slopes of Celestia.
    Manifestation: Iz manifests first by reaching out of the ground with one hand like a corpse clawing its way back to the surface. Covered in horrific scars, the corpse slowly rises out of the seal until it stands looking like a grotesque replica of its binder, its body half rotten and thoroughly torn, sex indeterminate, height and race the same as its binder, face ravaged. 42 shards of steel sit inside Iz’s flesh, stabbing and digging into its body. Iz speaks in a hoarse whisper, voice deep, even as its body radiates an infernal heat.
    Sign: A thick web of scars form across your body, crisscrossing and layering over it.
    Influence: Iz drives you to pursue battles to their end. You must see your enemy completely routed and defeated. Iz’s influence prevents you from giving up on pursuit of an enemy, except to pursue another current foe, and from accepting a surrender that does not render the enemy a complete non-threat.
    Granted Abilities: Iz gives you the ability to summon a replica of his sword, to fight on beyond when your body should be dead, stun foes with your mighty blows, leap great distances, and some of the skills and talents of a monk.
    Summoned Blade: As a swift action you can summon a magic greatsword. You are proficient in this weapon, may treat it as a monk special weapon, and may add your base (i.e. just the dice) monk unarmed damage you possess (either from monk levels or binding Ronove) to your damage with this weapon. Your greatsword’s exact bonus and abilities depend on your effective binder level, according to the following table.
    Effective Binder Level Greatsword Summoned
    10th or lower +1 greatsword
    11th-14th +1 Sacred Outsider (Evil) Bane greatsword
    15th-18th +2 Sacred Outsider (Evil) Bane greatsword
    19th+ +3 Sacred Outsider (Evil) Bane greatsword
    Stunning Blow: As a free action you can instill your next melee attack with the potential to momentarily stun a foe. You must use this ability before you make your attack roll. If you hit the target must make a Fortitude saving throw or be stunned for 1 round. Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.
    Narrow Path: The way of the monk is a narrow one, and it is easy to be led astray or to fall from it. You gain a +6 competence bonus to Balance and Sense Motive checs.
    Hard to Kill: You do not die at -10 hit points, but instead at -10 – your Constitution score (for example if you have Con 11 you do not die until -21). While at 0 or less hit points you do not fall unconscious but are instead limited to only a standard and swift action each round, and you do not fall unconscious due to nonlethal damage unless it is at least as much higher than your current hit points as your death point is below 0 (i.e. if you don’t die until -21 you are not knocked out unless you have 21 more nonlethal damage than hit points). Finally while at 0 or less hit points you gain Damage Reduction (1/2 effective binder levels)/-.
    Mighty Leaps: As a full-round action you may move up to twice your speed and make a Jump at any point during this movement. With this jump you move 5 times the normal distance of your jump check (whether long or high jump) and may move all this distance as part of this full round action regardless of whether it is longer than your speed. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds to do so again.

So that went from Good and pure to giant undead fiend hating monstrosity. I love it! Would that shattered greatsword be a reference to the weapon you made for me? If so, excellent planning. Thanks! You mentioned that in the weapon post, I didn't notice, XD.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-03-04 at 06:50 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Illyhar's ring of warping
    Show
    (Decided to make this somewhat based off your elf named Random)
    The history of Illyhar's ring is unknown. Some say that Illyhar himself crafted the ring, others argue that Illyhar robbed the creator of the ring. Regardless of the story, the ring is known as the famous possession of the adventurer Illyhar, as no other stories tell of another individual with the same ring.

Illhyar's ring of Warping is a solid gold band with few details on it, but when worn the begins to shine different colors. The color changes randomly and determines what power the ring currently possesses. The color changes once per round. As a standard action, the wearer of Illhyar's ring may activate the ring gaining the power associated with the power. Illhyars ring functions once per day, after being used the ring no longer shines and instead is a simple gold band.

Colors:
    Black - Gain the Spell warped template for 10 rounds.
    White - Gain the Saint Template for 10 rounds (if non-good, replace all the features of the Saint template with non-good equivalents, such as granting a double strength Magic circle against Chaos for a lawful character.
    Red - Gain Fast Healing 1 for 10 rounds, additionally anyone who attacks you with a melee attack takes 1 fire damage.
    Green - Increase in size (as per enlarge person) for 10 rounds
    Blue - Gain Darkvision and underwater breathing for 10 rounds.
    Celestial Blue - Gain the Outsider type as well as DR15/--, SR 25 + Character Level, and a +2 Sacred bonus to Str, Con, Wis, and Charisma for 10 rounds.
    Yellow - Cast a Blinding Light in a 100ft radius AOE centered on yourself. Anyone caught in the light must make a DC10 + Character Level + Charisma save or be Blinded for 10 rounds.
    Orange - Gain construct immunities for 10 rounds.
    Violet - Gain a +5 Sacred Bonus on diplomacy checks with nobility for 10 rounds.
    Silver - Ignore damage reduction and Spell Resistance for 10 rounds. Additionally, at the beginning of your turn, randomly teleport into a square 10ft away from you.
    Jade - Gain a +8 enhancement bonus to Dexterity and Strength as well as the ability to move over difficult terrain normally for 10 rounds.
    Gray - Instantly Die.
    Last edited by Oko and Qailee; 2015-03-04 at 10:31 PM.
    (Currently afk halfway across the country.)

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Sgt. Cookie raises his hand

I give permission.
    Spoiler: Sgt. Cookies Jar of Cookies
    Show
    Sgt. Cookies Jar of Cookies are a source of infinite cookies. Inside a Sgt. Cookies Jar of Cookies is an infinite supply of chocolate chip cookies as well as 10 white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. A Macadamia nut cookie may be consumed as a standard action, granting the consumer both a huge boost in morale due to the taste of the cookie as well as a strong desire for another cookie.

As a result of the morale boost, the consumer of the cookie behaves as if under the effects of a Heroes Feast spell.

As a result of the desire to enjoy another cookie, if the consumer would be brought into -10 or lower hitpoints within an hour of eating a macadamia nut cookie, the consumer does not die as doing so would prevent the consumer from enjoying more cookies. Instead, the cookie consumer lives until the end of their next turn, refusing to die and being able to act normally, regardless of how much damage they have taken.

Once all 10 white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are consumed the jar only contains an infinite supply of chocolate chip cookies. The white chocolate macadamia nut cookies may be replaced by placing freshly baked white chocolate macadamia nut cookies into the jar, however these cookies must be of exceptional quality, requiring a DC25 Profession (Baker) check to make.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, idk how good any of these are.

Spoiler: Deadlines Trophy Amulet
    Show
    It is said that once a millennium, Boccob gathers the greatest of all mages within the Library of Lore to see if any can show him a use of magic that he has not seen, heard of, or envisioned. Very few have succeeded. Save for one known as Deadline, who was granted Deadline's Trophy Amulet as a reward for his expertise.

Deadlines Trophy Amulet is a Solid Gold amulet. As a standard activation power may be drawn from the amulet to activate an effect based off the metal the amulet is made of. With each activation the amulet decreases in the quality of metal, going from Gold to Silver to Bronze and finally to Copper. At the end of each day the amulet returns to it's previous Gold.

Gold: +1 to Caster Level, this is a continuous effect. As a standard action you may either activate Citywalk (as per a 10th level Urban Soul) or use Dominate Dragon (as a 10th level Talon of Tiamat)
    Silver: As a standard action all attacks you make are treated as Cold Iron for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, additionally you gain DR15/Cold Iron.
    Bronze: As a standard action, you may make take a defensive stance, this stance lasts as long as you maintain a single position. By taking this stance you gain a +4 Constitution bonus and a +1 to Caster level.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Eh sure. NOt much to my name, but struggling in the IC competitions, but hey wthn. KrimsonNekros.
    Last edited by KrimsonNekros; 2015-03-04 at 11:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, idk how good any of these are.

Spoiler: Deadlines Trophy Amulet
    Show
    It is said that once a millennium, Boccob gathers the greatest of all mages within the Library of Lore to see if any can show him a use of magic that he has not seen, heard of, or envisioned. Very few have succeeded. Save for one known as Deadline, who was granted Deadline's Trophy Amulet as a reward for his expertise.

Deadlines Trophy Amulet is a Solid Gold amulet. As a standard activation power may be drawn from the amulet to activate an effect based off the metal the amulet is made of. With each activation the amulet decreases in the quality of metal, going from Gold to Silver to Bronze and finally to Copper. At the end of each day the amulet returns to it's previous Gold.

Gold: +1 to Caster Level, this is a continuous effect. As a standard action you may either activate Citywalk (as per a 10th level Urban Soul) or use Dominate Dragon (as a 10th level Talon of Tiamat)
    Silver: As a standard action all attacks you make are treated as Cold Iron for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, additionally you gain DR15/Cold Iron.
    Bronze: As a standard action, you may make take a defensive stance, this stance lasts as long as you maintain a single position. By taking this stance you gain a +4 Constitution bonus and a +1 to Caster level.
    Hah! That's fantastic. And the amulet's powers certainly seem to follow my Iron Chef path, which is mostly a downward spiral to 4th place.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Well I wanted to reference your accomplishments, and obviously the medal would normally be gold. I didn't really think of the order mirroring your placement.

Edit: I wish the OP would be better updated, I want to more easily see who wants an item besides going through the thread and checking who asked vs who hasn't been made yet...
    Last edited by Oko and Qailee; 2015-03-05 at 10:50 AM.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be working on it today. This got really popular after it slowed to a dead crawl.

The spells thread will get an update soon, too.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

12. - Top - End - #132

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Spoiler: Illyhar's ring of warping
    Show
    (Decided to make this somewhat based off your elf named Random)
    The history of Illyhar's ring is unknown. Some say that Illyhar himself crafted the ring, others argue that Illyhar robbed the creator of the ring. Regardless of the story, the ring is known as the famous possession of the adventurer Illyhar, as no other stories tell of another individual with the same ring.

Illhyar's ring of Warping is a solid gold band with few details on it, but when worn the begins to shine different colors. The color changes randomly and determines what power the ring currently possesses. The color changes once per round. As a standard action, the wearer of Illhyar's ring may activate the ring gaining the power associated with the power. Illhyars ring functions once per day, after being used the ring no longer shines and instead is a simple gold band.

Colors:
    Black - Gain the Spell warped template for 10 rounds.
    White - Gain the Saint Template for 10 rounds (if non-good, replace all the features of the Saint template with non-good equivalents, such as granting a double strength Magic circle against Chaos for a lawful character.
    Red - Gain Fast Healing 1 for 10 rounds, additionally anyone who attacks you with a melee attack takes 1 fire damage.
    Green - Increase in size (as per enlarge person) for 10 rounds
    Blue - Gain Darkvision and underwater breathing for 10 rounds.
    Celestial Blue - Gain the Outsider type as well as DR15/--, SR 25 + Character Level, and a +2 Sacred bonus to Str, Con, Wis, and Charisma for 10 rounds.
    Yellow - Cast a Blinding Light in a 100ft radius AOE centered on yourself. Anyone caught in the light must make a DC10 + Character Level + Charisma save or be Blinded for 10 rounds.
    Orange - Gain construct immunities for 10 rounds.
    Violet - Gain a +5 Sacred Bonus on diplomacy checks with nobility for 10 rounds.
    Silver - Ignore damage reduction and Spell Resistance for 10 rounds. Additionally, at the beginning of your turn, randomly teleport into a square 10ft away from you.
    Jade - Gain a +8 enhancement bonus to Dexterity and Strength as well as the ability to move over difficult terrain normally for 10 rounds.
    Gray - Instantly Die.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be working on it today. This got really popular after it slowed to a dead crawl.

The spells thread will get an update soon, too.
    Sorry, I just realized it was kind rude for me to call you out like that. I finally had time last night to make some of these and I promised I would. I'll make more if I can find stuff for people, some people who asked don't give as much to work with.

HAHAHAHAHA!!
    This is a good sign, I'm very happy you like it. I was afraid about how it would be received.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I get one?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

I'm not to well known, unfortunately, but if anyone wants to make one based upon myself, Laughing Dog, go ahead.
    Last edited by Laughing Dog; 2015-03-16 at 02:15 PM.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    I'm not to well known, unfortunately, but if anyone wants to make one based upon myself, Laughing Dog, go ahead.
    Laughing Dog, I don't even know you, and I haven't done a lot of homebrewing lately, but I got you, and I'll post one soon ;.

Meanwhile, could I get one?
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2015-03-17 at 10:56 PM.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

After seeing myself done as a spell, I must see what I would be as a weapon.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeons View Post
    After seeing myself done as a spell, I must see what I would be as a weapon.
    I'd build you one, but I don't have the time, and am on mobile right now.

You'd probably be a Mace of some sort that can force people to roll twice and take the lower of the two rolls X/Day. Or allow you to roll twice and take the higher of the two. Just a couple of ideas.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Colossus in the Playground

Last edited by Illven; 2015-04-15 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Colossus in the Playground

I haven't really done any homebrewing here, so I might well not qualify as a GitP regular by the standards that matter for this thread, but if anyone wants to make Kish into a weapon, go ahead.
    Last edited by Kish; 2015-04-15 at 01:23 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

The Hyena Spear

Forged of rare Abyssal stone, blood seems to drip from this longspear at all times, vanishing 1d6 rounds after leaving the spear. This +3 unholy longspear deals damage as if it were adamantine and laughs madly when it draws blood from a living creature (i.e. deals lethal damage to one) granting its wielder a +1 morale bonus to attack and damage for 1 round whenever they injure a living creature, increasing to +2 if the creature had the Baatezu subtype. In addition the wounded creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 16) or have their alignment temporarily shift to Chaotic Evil (similar to the Morality Undone spell from FCI) as the Abyssal "blood" from the spear mixes with their own vital fluids. If the Hyena Spear is used to kill a creature it lets out a powerful, booming, horrifying laugh which causes all creatures (other than the wielder) within 60-ft with HD equal to or less than the slain creature to have to make a Will save (DC 16) or be shaken for 1 minute; in addition the morale bonus to attack and damage lasts for 1 round per hit die of the slain creature instead of 1 round.

(iirc you're a demon not a devil, correct Laughing Dog?)

Windcutter Scythe

This +2 shocking scythe grants its wielder an additional +1 to hit for each grade their flight maneuverability is better than their target's (treat no fly speed as clumsy), so a wielder with perfect maneuverability would gain +1 to hit a target with good, +2 to hit one with average, +3 to hit one with poor, and +4 to hits one with clumsy or without a fly speed. In addition 3 times per day the wielder may strike at the wind itself releasing a powerful wave of tearing wind in a 50-ft cone dealing 1d6 damage per 2 points of BAB the wielder possesses to all creatures within the cone (this ignores DR) a successful Reflex save (DC 16) halves, doing so replaces one attack the wielder could make either in a full attack or as an attack action.

@dudeons: I made you a spell, I'll let it wait a bit and see if someone else wants to make you a weapon.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Last edited by Vizzerdrix; 2015-04-15 at 02:17 PM.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

42 Shards of Iz

A legendary greatsword once wielded by the War Prophet from whom it took its name, the sword Iz was broken in battle with the archfiend Bel. Shattered into 42 pieces each of these shards was implanted into a cestus. These cestuses may be worn as magical gloves (taking up the glove slot). If worn thus they grant bonuses to a creature's unarmed strikes as if those unarmed strikes were enchanted with the enhancement bonus and weapon properties associated with that cestus. As each cestus is a single glove a second one can be worn, in which case the wearer may switch which one is active each round as a move action.

The 42 cestuses and the magic weapon properties they emulate are listed below, the odd numbered cestuses being for the left hand, the even for the right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. +1 Outsider (Chaotic) Bane Banishing
    2. +2 Axiomatic
    3. +3 Defending
    4. +2 Acidic Burst
    5. +2 Flaming Burst
    6. +2 Icy Burst
    7. +2 Shocking Burst
    8. +2 Collision
    9. +2 Desiccating Burst
    10. +2 Paralytic Burst
    11. +2 Wounding
    12. +3 Warning
    13. +1 Screaming Burst Stunning
    14. +2 Psychokinetic Burst
    15. +2 Blindsight
    16. +1 Speed
    17. +1 Ethereal Reaver
    18. +2 Mindcrusher
    19. +2 Psibane
    20. +2 Transmuting
    21. +2 Sacred Burst
    22. +3 Merciful
    23. +2 Impact Maiming
    24. +1 Ghost Strike Undead Bane
    25. +2 Greater Dispelling
    26. +3 Vicious
    27. +2 Banishing
    28. +2 Consumptive
    29. +2 Vampiric
    30. +1 Necrotic Focus
    31. +1 Body Feeder
    32. +1 Curse Spewing
    33. +2 Impedance
    34. +2 Energy Aura
    35. +2 Doom Burst
    36. +1 Illusion Theft
    37. +1 Incorporeal Binding Undead Bane
    38. +3 Magebane
    39. +3 Revealing
    40. +3 Lucky
    41. +2 Dragondoom Dragonbane
    42. +4 Weapon

If all 42 cestuses were brought together their shards could be removed and reforged to recreate the Sword of Iz. This greatsword would function as a magic weapon with a total effective enhancement bonus of +10. The actual properties of the weapon would be any combination of those which the shards could grant, with anywhere from +1 to +4 enhancement bonus and +9 to +6 in weapon properties. These properties could be changed as a move action each round. Its caster level for all effects is considered to be 25, and any dispel effect functions as Greater Dispel Magic instead of as Dispel Magic. In addition in the hands of a monk the sword's true prowess would be revealed. A monk is considered proficient in the sword of Iz even if they are not normally proficient in Greatswords, may treat it as a special monk weapon, and may add their base unarmed damage as if a medium sized monk to its weapon damage.

The 42 shards of Iz are each a piece of a major artifact, and the precise means to destroy each shard is unknown. If it is reforged the Sword of Iz can only be broken into 42 shards if sundered by a pit fiend, then these shards must be individually disposed of.
    I really like the concept behind this one. One could more tightly define the merged result, though that does take away a bit of the mystery, which is part of the point as far as I can see. The various alignment-based, Bane and Burst enhancements probably would merge/overlap, though, but even without any ones that would overlap you have at least +24 worth of enhancements to pick and choose from.

(Oh, and because I quite enjoy these things, Morph Bark hereby grants permission).
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2015-04-17 at 02:17 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I really like the concept behind this one. One could more tightly define the merged result, though that does take away a bit of the mystery, which is part of the point as far as I can see. The various alignment-based, Bane and Burst enhancements probably would merge/overlap, though, but even without any ones that would overlap you have at least +24 worth of enhancements to pick and choose from.

(Oh, and because I quite enjoy these things, Morph Bark hereby grants permission).
    I rather liked it myself, considering the wonderful person known as Zaydos made it for me. Thanks!
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

The Morphic Blade of Masterful Dabbling (Major* Artifact)

Said to be stored on the third tier bookcase in the six story Pagoda of Unequal Measures, the Morphic Blade is guarded by a devout sect of warrior monks. While the blades' powers are not great, or world shaking, as some legendary weapons, it is still a valuable tool do to its many and varied uses. The Morphic Blade has no single form instead taking many as it shifts and changes based on how it is wielded.

The Morphic Blade's abilities include:
    • 1/day its wielder may use an Eldritch Blast (as the warlock ability, CL = character level) dealing 1d6 damage per 2 character levels or adding that amount to their normal eldritch blast damage (if any). When its wielder does so the Morphic Blade becomes a +3 Defending Dagger.
    • 1/day its wielder may cast one of Alarm, Unseen Servant, Comprehend Languages, Charm Person, Persistent Blade, Disguise Self, Ray of Enfeeblement, Jump, Distracting Ray, Baleful Transposition, See Invisibility, Ray of Stupidity, Shatter, Invisibility, False Life, or Knock as if they were a Wizard 2/3rds their Character Level (they do not have to prepare it first, but must have Int 10 + Spell level). When they do so the Morphic Blade becomes a +2 Magebane/+2 Magebane Quarterstaff.
    • 1/day its wielder may cast one of Bane, Bless, Command, Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, Sanctuary, Align Weapon, Close Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Lesser Restoration, and Spiritual Weapon as a cleric 2/3rds their character level (they do not have to prepare it first, but must have Wis 10 + Spell level). When they do so the Morphic Blade becomes a +2 Holy (if wielder is good or neutral) or Unholy (if wielder is Evil) Morningstar.
    • 1/day its wielder may manifest one of Astral Traveler, Control Light, Crystal Shard, Empty Mind, Know Direction and Location, Vigor, Biofeedback, Cloud Mind, Concealing Amorpha, Energy Push, Psionic Identify, or Psionic Levitate as a Wilder of 2/3rds their character level automatically fully augmented (they do not have to expend power points, but must have Cha 10 + Power Level). When they do so the Morphic Blade becomes a +2 Psibane Longspear.
    • 1/day its wielder may initiate one of the following martial maneuvers as a swordsage of their character level: Burning Blade, Moment of Perfect Mind, Counter Charge, Wall of Blades, Cloak of Deception, Battle Leader's Charge, Revitalizing Strike, Bonecrusher, or Soaring Raptor Strike. When they do so the Morphic Blade becomes a +2 Keen Aptitude Falchion.
    • 1/day they may activate any draconic or marshal major aura as a swift action, this aura lasts for 1 round per character level they possess. When they do so the Morphic Blade becomes a +2 warning dragonbane longbow. Any 1st or 2nd level infusion as an Artificer of their character level. When they do so it becomes a +2 Metalline Warhammer. 1/day they may use any 1st or 2nd level utterance of the lexicon of the evolved mind without having to make a truename check unless speaking the target's personal truename (utterer level = character level). When they do so it becomes a +2 Heavy Mace which grants a +5 Competence bonus on all skill checks.
    • 1/day they may use one of the following mysteries as a shadowcaster of 2/3rds their level (you must meet minimum ability score requirements) Steel Shadows, Bend Perspective, Dusk and Dawn, Mesmerizing Shade, Black Fire, Congress of Shadows, or Flesh Fails. When you do so the Morphic Blade becomes a +1 Shadowstriking Longsword. 1/day you may as a swift action bind a vestige with a level up to 1/4th your character level as a binder 2/3rds your character level; this bind lasts for only 1 minute and is in addition to any normal soulbinding you may possess. When you use this ability the Morphic Blade becomes a +2 Wounding Sickle.
    • 1/day you may, as a swift action, shape an incarnate soulmeld and bind it to your crown, feet, or hands chakra if it can be bound to one of those chakras (and you do not have an item or pre-existing chakra bind to prevent this). This soulmeld remains shaped for 1 minute after which time it vanishes, and during this time it is considered to have your maximum essentia invested but you do not actually invest essentia into it (and cannot remove it). When you use this ability the Morphic Blade becomes a +1 Holy (if wielder is good), Anarchic (if wielder is chaotic), Axiomatic (if wielder is Lawful), or Unholy (if wielder is Evil) club for 1 minute.

As a Major Artifact the Morphic Blade has its own achilles' heel by which it may be destroyed. In the case of the Morphic Blade it is extremely easy to perform, if the method is known. It must be worn out, each of the blade's activated abilities must be used by a different wielder and the blade must be wielded in combat in each of its forms for 1 minute during the space of a single sunset and sunrise (on the prime). If this is done the Morphic Blade will rust and crumble to dust.

*It is possible that the Morphic Blade is in fact a minor artifact. If so the warrior monks of the Pagoda of Unequal Measures are not telling.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #146

Kobold

So... I need a weapon for my WeaselGuy worshipping Weaselguy Warlord to wield in PsyBomb's PF PbP campaign... who wants to hook me up?

My permission, it has been given!
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-04-18 at 05:20 AM.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

*snip for brevity, because WOW*
    o_o;

That... that's quite something. Something very cool! I like the interaction between the SLAs and forms of the weapon. Probably could use a bit more splitting up, since some of the forms are shuffled in under the same listing-dot as others, but that's only formatting stuff. Awesome stuff, Zaydos. Many thanks! I think I could use it to build a neat little plot around for my newest batch of players.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Never volunteered for any of these before, but they seem fun. Permission granted, if anyone wants to weaponize me.
    Last edited by Novawurmson; 2015-04-18 at 12:56 PM.
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class is in its Tier
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

So there are some of these threads I missed this morning.

As I pray...

PERMISSION COPYPASTA WORKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Permission granted because why not. Let's see if I actually have a "character" on this forum or if I'm as much of a Boringly Normal Guy What Happens to Post a Lot as I think I am.

...Okay, I have rather gotten into the spirit of a certain thread in the Media subforum (), but let's see if someone can't put together a version disregarding that anomaly (in addition to the version taking it into account, of course, not instead of).
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-05-07 at 03:24 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

While my homebrew shows an obsession with magic items, my real obsession is single function dependency and versatility. So, Aptitude on crack.

Item enhancement: Morphic:
    All abilities specifiying a type of attack or weapon apply to a Morphic weapon, but it changes into the item appropriate for the largest number of the bonuses, but keeps all stats exept weight.(proficiency and specialization count. Also, Natual and Unarmed attack abilities count, so some Monk feats work with it)
    Special: a Morphic weapon has the highest stats of any weapon of it's size category.(Highest dice count, highest dice size, highest reach, highest crit range and, most importantly, highest weight until it changes.)
    Requirements: Alter Self or other means of changing form, item must be able to store the means of transformation, item must have Aptitude.
    Cost: as a +5 enhancement, remove Aptitude and the enhancement used to store the transformation ability.(you strip it of Spell Storing, which is a pretty big price, but you now have a weapon that is a buffed Aptitude.)