New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Weapons! (of Legacy, or Weapons Properties)

I'm in. TheAltruistOrc is interested in seeing what people do with him.
    Dark Green, the color of Chaotic Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Altruistorc is leaving me deeply disturbed and intrigued at the same time...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Weapons! (of Legacy, or Weapons Properties)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Oh, sweet. My only question is why does it have only 1 hp?

Please be gentle. It's my first time.
    It has one hp because it is made of some flimsy material, not quite sure what exactly. Doesn't really matter though, legendary weapons can't be damaged except if the other person has one too.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Ok heres my attempt at Red Fel (i may return later to improve this)

Red Fury

Red Fury was wielded by the legendary bard Red Fel. It was said that Red Fel was so Evil, so Convincing, and so much Fun to be around that Orcus gave him a permanent invite to hang out in the Abyss and that Asmodeous once loaned him the Ruby Rod. Alas, all Evil things must end and Red Fel met his. No one knows how he died, but many Binders know that he is now a Vestige, but his followers are sure he could leave if he just asked the universe nicely.

Red Fury is a unique +1 Cursespewing Harmonizing Enervating Greater Dislocator Keen Rapier, that, when wielded by someone with an Evil Alignment, activates a permanent magic circle against good, centered on Red Fury. This can be suppressed as a free action (mental). If wielded by a person of Good Alignment, Red Fury automatically hits them for a critical hit the first time they roll to attack with it. It will do so again 1d4 rounds later if they continue to wield Red Fury. If a person of Neutral Alignment wields Red Fury it is just a +1 Cursespewing Harmonizing Enervating Greater Dislocator Keen Rapier.

Spoiler: The logic behind this (if you can call it that)
    Show
    I see Red Fel as an Evil Bard, who would much prefer to Diplomance you to his side instead of beat you into it. However i know he is terrifying when crossed (just look at some of his suggestions when he's in a good mood ) so a weapon based on him should be just a horrifying. Also, favoring his subtle side, this weapon works well for those who use it tactically. Smack the goody goody and poof him out of your circle, now hes stuck out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

I, Zaydos, the... I'll let others grant me what titles they will. Officially volunteer.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-02-20 at 06:41 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    FALSE! You are, in fact, the only one who has already done this Snowbluff!
    I might sig this. This is how I feel when I make a bunch of my suggestions. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Not touching this with an 11 foot pole
    11, huh? No, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by zergling.exe View Post
    It has one hp because it is made of some flimsy material, not quite sure what exactly. Doesn't really matter though, legendary weapons can't be damaged except if the other person has one too.
    Like what? Paper? Computer chips? alien tech crystals? Either way, I guess this works.
    Also ditching the WoL idea and just gonna make a Unique named Weapon for Red Fel, i just need a weapon to put it all on.......
    Keen Rapier
    Pfft hahahahahaha!
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-02-20 at 06:46 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Pfft hahahahahaha!
    We all knew it was gonna happen, i jut figured id get it out of the way.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Mind if I do my own take on Red Fel?

Spoiler: Red Fel, the Blade of Persuasion
    Show
    Red Fel, the Blade of Persuasion is an invisible +1 returning dagger. Against a creature unaware of the weapon you may make an attack with it as part of a Diplomacy check performed as a full round action or one a round if it is performed as a longer action, a DC 10 Sleight of Hand check allows you to disguise these attacks as simply exuberant gesticulation. When used as part of a Diplomacy check the Blade of Persuasion deals no damage, and cannot be felt by the target, but instead grants you a competence bonus to your Diplomacy check against any struck creature equal to 5 + 1/2 your Base Attack Bonus.

When wielding the Blade of Persuasion you gain a +5 bonus to feint checks against creatures unable to see or detect invisible creatures and objects.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post

Show
    Red Fel, the Blade of Persuasion is an invisible +1 returning dagger. Against a creature unaware of the weapon you may make an attack with it as part of a Diplomacy check performed as a full round action or one a round if it is performed as a longer action, a DC 10 Sleight of Hand check allows you to disguise these attacks as simply exuberant gesticulation. When used as part of a Diplomacy check the Blade of Persuasion deals no damage, and cannot be felt by the target, but instead grants you a competence bonus to your Diplomacy check against any struck creature equal to 5 + 1/2 your Base Attack Bonus.

When wielding the Blade of Persuasion you gain a +5 bonus to feint checks against creatures unable to see or detect invisible creatures and objects.
    Well......well, thats freaking sweet, i think we all know what he has in his "empty" off hand now.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground

Please be gentle. It's my first time.
    I went a little overboard... I hope this is gentle enough. It's in PDF form because I cannot work these forums. Paladins have Code of Conduct as our class feature. Not Proficiency: Simple Code.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Well, like all Legacy Weapons that have the penalties, they are extremely not worth it for anyone who would want it. -6 to hit and Reflex, alongside losing 12 HP? For a fancy weapon, no thanks.

And, also in keeping with Legacy Weapons, pretty solid if you drop the penalties.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I went a little overboard... I hope this is gentle enough. It's in PDF form because I cannot work these forums. Paladins have Code of Conduct as our class feature. Not Proficiency: Simple Code.
    Hehehe!
    Well, like all Legacy Weapons that have the penalties, they are extremely not worth it for anyone who would want it. -6 to hit and Reflex, alongside losing 12 HP? For a fancy weapon, no thanks.

And, also in keeping with Legacy Weapons, pretty solid if you drop the penalties.
    Aside from this complaint, it's just right.

So apparently I was a bad ass knight before I went on a quest for the art of the sword, then learned casting and sought knowledge. I met my end the same way I became truly alive. Alone.

What kind of crazy canon will you guys end up with?
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

12. - Top - End - #42

Hehehe!

Aside from this complaint, it's just right.

So apparently I was a bad ass knight before I went on a quest for the art of the sword, then learned casting and sought knowledge. I met my end the same way I became truly alive. Alone.

It took forever. But I feel I've done my duties to this thread. Brave Snowbluff, may you forever live on in your blade.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

The kind that may match your strange, strange mind. Though i doubt we could go that far
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

It took forever. But I feel I've done my duties to this thread. Brave Snowbluff, may you forever live on in your blade.
    But we all know that didn't happen. Snowbluff entered the nothingness when his spirit went unavenged, and he became a vestige.

The kind that may match your strange, strange mind. Though i doubt we could go that far
    You mean awesome!

It get weirder when you look into the weapon description's version of my death. It may have been a political assassination. What really happened that day?!

Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-02-20 at 08:47 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

You're having a good time, aren't you?
    Oh, you can tell?! I gotta draw this.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

I give my permission. Maybe some sort of sarcasm weapon property...?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

I, PsyBomb, hearby give my permission.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-02-20 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

The Bow of Unbreaking Loyalty

This +2 holy composite longbow seems to be made from strangely flexible adamantine, although testing would reveal that its hardness is more than on par with the material it seems to be (hardness 40, hp 150). In addition to its magically reinforced hardness this bow always functions as a mighty composite bow at the wielder's Strength bonus. Finally if the wielder has the ability to Smite Evil they may use it with a ranged attack through the bow and any Evil aligned creature struck must make a Fortitude save (DC 17) or die, this is a death effect unless used against Undead and functions normally against undead.

Oh yes, do I have to say who this is, or is it obvious enough?

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Not one, but two? Crikey O'Reilly!

Red Fury is a unique +1 Cursespewing Harmonizing Enervating Greater Dislocator Keen Rapier, that, when wielded by someone with an Evil Alignment, activates a permanent magic circle against good, centered on Red Fury. This can be suppressed as a free action (mental). If wielded by a person of Good Alignment, Red Fury automatically hits them for a critical hit the first time they roll to attack with it. It will do so again 1d4 rounds later if they continue to wield Red Fury. If a person of Neutral Alignment wields Red Fury it is just a +1 Cursespewing Harmonizing Enervating Greater Dislocator Keen Rapier.
    Of course, I would get the first +1 Keen Rapier of the thread. That's fair, I suppose I deserved that.

So let's see what this bad boy can do. +1 Rapier, not bad. Cursespewing (+1), so it causes a debuff when it hits, nice. Harmonizing (+1), so it gives a bonus on Perform (singing) checks and extends Bardic Music. Enervating (+3), so on a crit it also deals negative levels. Nice. Great Dislocator (+4), because violently planeshifting someone is fun for the whole family. And Keen (+1), because double crit range. So, that's a total of +11 in bonuses... Did you give me an epic weapon by mistake? Because that would be awesome.

And the neato bonus for Evil users is just the icing on the naughty cake. Much thanks.

Show

This, this here? That's so me. Subtle, cruel, tricky, and frighteningly persuasive. Do love it.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

21. - Top - End - #51

The Bow of Unbreaking Loyalty

This +2 holy composite longbow seems to be made from strangely flexible adamantine, although testing would reveal that its hardness is more than on par with the material it seems to be (hardness 40, hp 150). In addition to its magically reinforced hardness this bow always functions as a mighty composite bow at the wielder's Strength bonus. Finally if the wielder has the ability to Smite Evil they may use it with a ranged attack through the bow and any Evil aligned creature struck must make a Fortitude save (DC 17) or die, this is a death effect unless used against Undead and functions normally against undead.

Oh yes, do I have to say who this is, or is it obvious enough?
    Woohoo! Adamantine bow? That's so great. Gonna ask my DM about adding this baby in.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

Could I request a weapon named after me? I'm thinking a masterswordisque longsword! I Reprimand give my premission.
    Last edited by Reprimand; 2015-02-21 at 03:09 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

Didn't notice this one right away. Either way, I, eggynack, give permission as is typical.
    Last edited by eggynack; 2015-02-21 at 03:16 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I volunteer as Tribute!
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Clanhold Warden - Dwarf Racial Archetype for Dreamscarred Press' Warder
    Glorious Thunder - The God's own wrath as a Paladin's ranged option.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    I, PsyBomb, hearby give my permission.
    Psybomb's Corrective Aid

The great sage Psybomb used this heavy ash staff to correct the errors of his pupils in memorable fashion. A gently tap was sufficient to make them pause and reflect on their errors and mistake. This +1 merciful quarterstaff increases the DC of the user's stunning fist ability by 2. If the wielder has the gently touch ability, he may treat the essence capacity of that ability as 1 higher.

Spoiler: reasoning
    Show
    Psybomb has been a huge part of the akashic mysteries playtests. I think everyone involved has had to stare blankly at a wall of damage sims a few times, so nonlethal stunning worked out.

Actually, I want this to be a real weapon in the product release!

If someone posts the full WoL table format, I might go crazy and expand it to that.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-02-21 at 09:44 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Suggestion for Snowbluff: Whenever you make a new one of these, post a link in the previous one. I almost missed this, and I almost missed the spells one.

Also, Permission for Keledrath
    Energy Fist of Kelderath

This unique warforged component was prized by its creator not just for its power, but for its versatility. This +5 battlefist can be morphed as a free action to any other melee weapon and maintain that form indefinitely. Additionally, the magic properties can be altered with a 1-hour ritual, exchanging up to +4 worth of enhancements for enchantments of equivalent value. Properties that do not apply to the weapons current form lay dormant until a valid form is assumed.

Spoiler: reasoning
    Show
    I know you like your warforged and have that homebrew class you've been wanting to try out, figured I'd mash them together.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-02-21 at 09:44 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'll go ahead and grant permission as well. Elricaltovilla

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Yay! I'm being noticed for the things I enjoy doing!

Actually...I might see if one of my GMs is interested in having that equipped to a villain...
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

29. - Top - End - #59
    Banned

For Blackhawk:

Mr Aochev
    "Mr Aochev, tear down this wall!"
    Mr Aochev is a +5 adamantine pickaxe. It ignores the hardness, magical defenses and damage reduction of any walls, and deals five times the normal damage to them. If wielded by a bard, it deals ten times the normal damage instead.

For Sayt:

Sayt's Terraformer
    "You fight a war to change the world, and it changes into a world with no place in it for you, the fighter. Those who fight for the bright future are not always, by nature, well fitted to live in it."
    Sayt's Terraformer is a +5 Flaming burst heavy crossbow. Whenever you hit with Sayt's Terraformer, if you hit someone standing on a natural surface, you turn the area you just hit, and that within 1d6*5 feet of it, into some inhospitable area. Roll 1d20:

1-10 No effect
    11 Area is frozen over with ice.
    12 Area is subject to strong winds (if it wasn't under a greater wind effect already)
    13 Area is set ablaze even if it's not flammable.
    14 Area is covered in Webs (CL 20)
    15 Area is covered in thorny bushes.
    16 Area turns to mud as transmute rock to mud even if it's not made of mud.
    17 Area turns to water that goes down 30 feet.
    18 Area is subject to Reverse Gravity (CL 20)
    19 Area is beset by an Earthquake (CL 20)
    20 Area turns to lava.

The spells last as long as the description. Ice and lava alike will melt given time, the fire will burn one round if there is nothing to burn, or as long as a mundane fire might burn (minimum one round) if there is. The thorny bushes will quickly wither and die if the area cannot sustain them, and can be hacked apart or burned easily enough. Water is simply water.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2015-02-21 at 10:21 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Stacked Deck

This +1 keen falchion bears a playing card motif, with its cross guard displaying the four suites commonly found on card decks and its pommel carved in the shape of a six sided die. For some reason, an etching of a small bear is found near the base of the blade. Unlike normal keen weapons, the expanded threat range of this weapon stacks with the improved critical feat. Whenever the wielder scores a critical hit with The Stacked Deck, its enhancement bonus becomes +5 for that attack and they may apply the effects of one critical feat of their choice to the target, even if the wielder does not have the critical feat in question.

Spoiler: Explanation
    Show

Well, I mostly took it as an opportunity to use your name in a pun, but I think this is a suitably broken and awesome weapon, I hope you like it.