New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [min/max]Banshee Build - Fear escalation

Hey there min/max fellows,

I started playing DD 3.5 again and wanted to work on my rusty optimization skills. I took my old Ghost Siren build and wanted to know if it's possible to further enhance it without drastically changing its theme. The build uses the Savage Progressions ghost template.

Star Elf with Unseelie Fey template (Dragon Magazine # 304)

Hexblade 1 Daunting Presence, Darkstalker
    Ghost 1-3
    Hexblade 2
    Bard 1 Ghostly Grasp
    Paladin of Tyranny Ability Focus (Frightful Moan)
    Marshal 1
    Siren 1-10 Reverberation, Baleful Moan, Doomspeak, Quicken Manifestation

CHA : 18 (initial) + 2 (star elf) + 2 (unseelie fey) + 2 (ghost) + 5 (siren- inherent) + 4 (levels ? I think ghost levels don't add HD) + 6 (item - enchancement) + 4 (Devil's Ego - profane) +3 (age) = 46(+18) Don't know if it's a problem that my type changes to outsider because of Devil's Ego.

VIGOR : / (undead)
    REFLEXES : 6 (Ref save) + 18 (Divine Grace) = +24(+42 vs spells because of Arcane Resistance from Hexblade) + ability modifier
    WILL : 15 (Will save) + 18 (Divine Grace) = +33(+51 vs spells because of Arcane Resistance from Hexblade) + ability modifier

So I quickly manifest, use Doomspeak (-10 to all saves), use my belt of battle and the use a save-or-die shout. I can also intimidate people beforehand (move action with a fearsome armour + skill trick) and the proceed to destroy them. Hexblade is here for Arcane Resistance, Paladin for Divine Grace/Aura of Despair and Marshal for Motivate Charisma.

Intimidate (with skill trick) : 23 (ranks) + 18 (abilty modifier) + 2 (bluff synergy) + 4 (unseelie fey) + 4 (command) + 18 (motivate charisma) = +69
    DC vs Frightful Moan: 10 + 8 (1/2 ghost HD) + 18 (ability modifier) + 2 (ability focus) + 2 (reverberation) + 2 (baleful moan) + 2 (veil of allure) = +44
    +44 is high, but they have -10 (doomspeak) -2 (shaken) - 2 (aura of despair) - 18 (winter chill) = -32 in addition

I would like to add flyby attack and improved turn resistance and find a good feat for my second flaw. Did I make any mistake ?

Also, how would you FIGHT against this build with a balanced lvl 20 party (Fighter / Wizard / Cleric / Rogue) ? I mean, how can you deal with the quick manifestation into a save-or-die (don't forget that I have Song of Stone if they are immune to Song of Death) without preparing any actions ?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I made stupid mistakes, it's been a while !
    Last edited by Rosarius; 2015-02-21 at 07:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [min/max]Banshee Build - Fear escalation

Nobody has any idea ?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Ready action (Turn/Rebuke Undead) can ruin your day
    Mind Blank stops this build (un)dead

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

can you dispel or somehow get around a silence? otherwise pretty big numbers and nice flavor to build an encounter around..is it supposed to be a played character or a npc?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah, readied actions and contingent spells are annoying. Bard 1 gives me access to Joyful Noise to get around silences, eventhough it's not that great.

I'll probably use this build for an NPC, eventhough it originally was a theoretical build made for the sake of optimizing the Siren PrC.
    Last edited by Rosarius; 2015-02-24 at 08:08 PM.