New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    New comic up.

Hmmm. This place is looking a lot less scummy and villainous than I was expecting. Actually kind of low-key.
    It would be amusing if she did, in fact, have the wrong place, and only discovers this after wrecking it and beating everyone up.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    It would be amusing if she did, in fact, have the wrong place, and only discovers this after wrecking it and beating everyone up.
    I'm expecting either that, or finding out that the guy that put her on to this is actually an underworld rival to them and was only using Allison to eliminate the competition.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

I am kinda curious about what a bar full of rough types, mostly seeming to be busy drinking and gambling, has done to deserve the beating they are about to get.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Bugbear in the Playground

My guess is that White Chain will soon beat the lesson of the value of proper and thorough investigation (and only then a subsequent appropriate action) into the thick skull of their pupil.
    You don't enter a gangster bar like that. Not in pursuit, not with a warrant. Well, unless you have checked that everyone inside is totally evil.

On the other hand, White Chain is probably not too concerned with the well-being of hive scum villains, so the inevitable lecture on restraint will be after the beating.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    My guess is that White Chain will soon beat the lesson of the value of proper and thorough investigation (and only then a subsequent appropriate action) into the thick skull of their pupil.
    You don't enter a gangster bar like that. Not in pursuit, not with a warrant. Well, unless you have checked that everyone inside is totally evil.

On the other hand, White Chain is probably not too concerned with the well-being of hive scum villains, so the inevitable lecture on restraint will be after the beating.
    It's also possible that these are the Friendly Neighborhood Gangster types, where they'll hustle some protection money from the locals and run a gambling/whoring establishment but keep the murdering psychopaths under control, and her removing them will give FAR worse criminals free reign in the area that she's going to have to clean up as well.

Which would serve the dual lesson of, 'Investigate first, punch second', and 'don't start something you aren't prepared to finish through ALL the consequences'.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2018-10-14 at 02:17 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's also possible that these are the Friendly Neighborhood Gangster types, where they'll hustle some protection money from the locals and run a gambling/whoring establishment but keep the murdering psychopaths under control, and her removing them will give FAR worse criminals free reign in the area that she's going to have to clean up as well.
    Well yeah, that's game mastering 101. Once the session's big bads are defeated, bigger and badder big bads take their place, and so on, until the players reach epic level and can take on the gods. Then they get to become gods, and the campaign is over.

Which would serve the dual lesson of, 'Investigate first, punch second', and 'don't start something you aren't prepared to finish through ALL the consequences'.
    You'll never be Royalty with that mindset. The way to be a conquering king is to be a furious idiot. Read Aesma and the Three Masters (And The Lessons She Never Learned from Them).

If Allison stopped to think about consequence, Zoss would never have chosen her as his successor. Because then she wouldn't be the type to set fire to Mottom's vampiric tree-husband.
    Last edited by Gez; 2018-10-14 at 06:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

7. - Top - End - #1417

Beholder

This is the trick. The first level is a laid back "bad guys" bar so any do-gooder will question itself. But the 2nd layer is the dispicable slave-trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

8. - Top - End - #1418

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

And then the third layer is a combination puppy orphanage and youth bagpipe lessons.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2018-10-15 at 02:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1419

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    And then the third layer is a combination puppy orphanage and youth bagpipe lessons.
    That one is for the seasoned players who expect DM trickery.
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Which is just window dressing for the 4th layer which sells the organs of both puppies and youth on the black market.

And also a Zumba studio.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

11. - Top - End - #1421

Which is just window dressing for the 4th layer which sells the organs of both puppies and youth on the black market.

And also a Zumba studio.
    Further down that line, there is a spotless bank, financing the weapon syndicates and residing in a busy street. It's surrounded by lawyers offices, insurance companies and dentists...

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

Is the girl without an arm the human cat thief from the bank heist?

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Is the girl without an arm the human cat thief from the bank heist?
    What girl without an arm? I just checked this weeks panel and definitely don't see one.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

Sitting at the table by the shrine and looking up at Alison.

Edit to add - oh, seems she does have an arm but the dark glove made it hard to see. Never mind then.

15. - Top - End - #1425

Beholder

And also a Zumba studio.
    Oh no... Not a Zumba studio!

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Oh no... Not a Zumba studio!
    The Zumba studio being a front for the hidden monastery of the Sideways Frenetic Monks, secret practitioners of the forbidden martial art of Inverse Capoiera.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Considering how DBZ-esque this is, of rushing up and doing the push-push-blast thing, and how much the mechanics of Abaddon's custom PbtA RPG Broken Worlds reflect players doing shenanigans like that I guess this is the vibe that Abaddon wanted in the comic from the get-go. I don't dislike it but it sure took a while getting there, and it feels like there was a pretty jarring narrative disconnect between Allison as a wide-eyed alien and Allison as a savvy Saiyan martial artist that's handwaved with just "a year passes while she trains."

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    Considering how DBZ-esque this is, of rushing up and doing the push-push-blast thing, and how much the mechanics of Abaddon's custom PbtA RPG Broken Worlds reflect players doing shenanigans like that I guess this is the vibe that Abaddon wanted in the comic from the get-go. I don't dislike it but it sure took a while getting there, and it feels like there was a pretty jarring narrative disconnect between Allison as a wide-eyed alien and Allison as a savvy Saiyan martial artist that's handwaved with just "a year passes while she trains."
    Just because she can punch and nostril-grab bottom scum doesn't mean she's worldly. She's passable in angel martial arts but can she haggle for spleens and eyeballs with the savvy fruit seller down the street?

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

I must say I'm seriously disappointed here.

Dude has FOUR arms and he pulls out one single tiny bitch of a switchblade.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

Im also disapointed.
    Angel superpowers are kinda wasted on punching random thug bartenders though the room.
    Strangely enough this makes Allison seem less sympatetic, not more.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah. This is a pretty uninteresting sequence, so far. And it makes Alison less interesting.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

I like it so far. I suspect Alison will be in for more twist, turns, and rude awakenings soon enough - but at least she'll be able to kick some ass along the way.

24. - Top - End - #1434

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    I like it so far. I suspect Alison will be in for more twist, turns, and rude awakenings soon enough - but at least she'll be able to kick some ass along the way.
    I am also 100% down for this, on the condition that we get a flashback training montage later. Or at least *something* telling us what’s been happening for the last year.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Im also disapointed.
    Angel superpowers are kinda wasted on punching random thug bartenders though the room.
    Strangely enough this makes Allison seem less sympatetic, not more.
    Nah it's just demonstrating how far Allison has come in the year. I'm not disappointed in the sequence its pretty expected so far.

I'm just disappointed at 4-arms total lack of common sense in confronting somebody that just busted open your door.

Despite the jokes, assuming that this isn't some secret sect of nuns taking care of crippled orphans, I assume the next couple updates are going to be her bodying the assorted thugs in the room, the boss of the place coming out, and getting his ass kicked after a short fight. It serves the purpose of demonstrating she's actually a fairly powerful fighter now. And then probably going back to White Chain, having a sparring match and getting her ass kicked in turn to demonstrate that she till has a long way to go.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2018-10-17 at 03:55 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

I just think some of us expected a bit more than that. After everything that had taken place so far.

Also suspect it does not help, than we have not seen anything explaining why these guys, minding their own buisness in their own bar, deserves to be murderet.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2018-10-17 at 04:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I just think some of us expected a bit more than that. After everything that had taken place so far.

Also suspect it does not help, than we have not seen anything explaining why these guys, minding their own buisness in their own bar, deserves to be murderet.
    The Gilded Cage is the outfit that Alison was originally "sold" to by White Chain. Their demons have been pursuing her since then, nearly catching her at the drinking game with Vladok. They have apparently been shaking down the priest that Alison spoke to by the head.

Also, note that humans are the only true mortals.

28. - Top - End - #1438

The Gilded Cage is the outfit that Alison was originally "sold" to by White Chain. Their demons have been pursuing her since then, nearly catching her at the drinking game with Vladok. They have apparently been shaking down the priest that Alison spoke to by the head.

Servants can still be killed. They just don't die of old age.

These guys probably deserve it, though.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

29. - Top - End - #1439

Beholder

A quick refresher flashback would have been useful though.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

A quick refresher flashback would have been useful though.
    Especially since these looks like extremely small fish.