New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

And now, the hoard is trying to kill them - right after Cio upbraids Alison and tells her not to worry.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Who here hasn't had a DM that made a room full of mimics
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2017-07-10 at 09:41 AM.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Barbarian in the Playground

Charon says "By all accounts, we've already cleared this room out. And I don't remember so much clutter."

They just got in, so he's got to refer to a previous break-in... presumably using the exact same tunnel they used this time.
    Infinite volume or not, of course the old entrance has been turned into a deathtrap.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Who here hasn't had a DM that made a room full of mimics
    I'm half-expecting this entire section of the vault to be a mimic.
    Truth resists simplicity.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

A room with a mimic pod.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

As a quick aside, National Public Radio just published a list of favorite graphics novels for summer 2017. Both KSBD and Gunnerkrigg made the list.

Edit: Link to the article: http://www.npr.org/2017/07/12/533862...graphic-novels
    Last edited by Leewei; 2017-07-13 at 09:46 AM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

Oscar is like: NOPE, NOPE, NOPE.

Meanwhile, Incubus is like:
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-07-15 at 08:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ettin in the Playground

Can I just say that I like Incubus' interactions with Allison a lot more than I thought I would? He's obviously a terrible person and a terrible influence on her and his bargain with her is going to go horribly for everyone involved, but it's still cool.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Well whatever said, he is a good mentor figure, teaching Allison a lot of useful skills.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

Two down, 5,999,999,998 to go!

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    Bitch had it coming. /Incubus

12. - Top - End - #792
    Bugbear in the Playground

She must work on her efficiency otherwise this is gonna be a comic of decidedly above average length.
    Last edited by Ibrinar; 2017-08-15 at 08:09 AM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    She must work on her efficiency otherwise this is gonna be a comic of decidedly above average length.
    The Rising King is about quality rather than quantity.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

The Rising King is about quality rather than quantity.
    What we want isn't quality or quantity, but quantity of quality

I expect there to be a scene where Alise obliterates 5,999,998 demons. In a single hit.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

I expect there to be a scene where Alise obliterates 5,999,998 demons. In a single hit.
    And then she would be done with 0.1 % of her task

Do we know how many demons there are left though? perhaps this is a cosmic prank? Maybe there are only 5,999,999,996 demons left?

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Do devils even count as demons?

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    And then she would be done with 0.1 % of her task

Do we know how many demons there are left though? perhaps this is a cosmic prank? Maybe there are only 5,999,999,996 demons left?
    Well, six billion is a high number. Five million is like a good start.
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-08-16 at 11:28 AM.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

Well whatever said, he is a good mentor figure, teaching Allison a lot of useful skills.
    Its pretty debatable whether he's teaching her anything at all, or is just performing the skills himself through her.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Charon is concerned, it was awfully early to be losing folks who could still be useful. At least it will no longer be an issue of having 10 equal shares in the 11 man crew. I love this comic so much.
    Last edited by Tom Tearcamel; 2017-08-16 at 05:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Its pretty debatable whether he's teaching her anything at all, or is just performing the skills himself through her.
    Even if thats the case then it is likely to teach her something. Like having a grandmaster guide your hands though a martial art sequence.

What i myself think this comic nailed is how badly Allison screwed up with Cio. She did save Allisons live several times. And she could have been a friend. Instead of what she is now. Just a Devil Burglar.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

To me, it seems that Incubus literally just lets you skip your own training montage - so it's not that he teaches you anything, but he allows you to do stuff you would have learned on your own eventually as though you had already learned it.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Bugbear in the Playground

Even if thats the case then it is likely to teach her something. Like having a grandmaster guide your hands though a martial art sequence.

What i myself think this comic nailed is how badly Allison screwed up with Cio. She did save Allisons live several times. And she could have been a friend. Instead of what she is now. Just a Devil Burglar.
    The nice things about stories is that I can be almost sure they will make up well unless Cio gets killed then Allison could regret not making up so that works too.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

I want to say T H E D O O R, but site seems down. Anyway they managed to get to the D O O R. And it's G L O R I O U S.
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-08-24 at 08:25 AM.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Forbidden for me, that's a down, right?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    It is. Maybe not to Felicia, though!

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Yes, site appears to be down, its happened once or twice before.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground

The webcomic's site is down while migrating to a new server, but here is the latest page, posted to the author's Tumblr.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

Good to hear it's just a server migration! Thanks for the links too.

And yikes, that door. Guess it's time for Felicia to do what she was brought in for.
    Truth resists simplicity.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

And I was already going "Waaaahhh, ist down, ist DOWN!!! The Devils made him do that!! " ^^
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

30. - Top - End - #810
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Saw THE DOOR solution coming from a mile away. A very similar thing happened in a popular fantasy series I follow. (I won't name it because SPOILERS!!! ). But I really hope Alison can step in and do something about it. I'd like her to blow a hole through the wall or something, screw that DOOR.