New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Turns out, she is quite lucky.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Wait, who is that? I feel like I should know this character, but I can't think of anyone with black hair, an eye patch and keys around their neck.
    Cant say if your being sarcastic or not, but its the unlucky fool they sacrificed to get past the screaming door.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh. No, not being sarcastic. I genuinely could not recall her.

Maybe I should put this comic on my "read entire chapters every few months" list, instead of the "check often" list.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Lucky Felicia
    Show
    ... was entirely a joke - literally a throwaway character - until just now. Now, she has ascended to badass, and it is glorious.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

This whole situation feels unlikely.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    This whole situation feels unlikely.
    You should sell a t-shirt with that on it. I'd buy one.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Cant say if your being sarcastic or not, but its the unlucky fool they sacrificed to get past the screaming door.
    That's her? Well, her story should be interesting. Also, she must be ... like, kinda upset about the whole door thing =D

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmmmm.

This feels to me like it could be the arrival of Jagganoth.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    A total surprise. It's obviously a secretly feature of the "door of betrayal". The betrayed person is transported directly to the time and place where the betrayer is when he attempts to leave Mammon's premises, or when there is more betrayal.
    I assumed she was just skilled an opened the door.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm surprised nobody has posted about the most recent strip. Mottom probably should've let sleeping dragons lay unprovoked.

11. - Top - End - #1151

Yes. See, that's (hopefully) what I was waiting for. The dragon angry enough to wake up.

12. - Top - End - #1152

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has posted about the most recent strip. Mottom probably should've let sleeping dragons lay unprovoked.
    With all the entities involved in this conflict, anything could happen next, so I'm more holding my breath. Awesome action scene, but what's coming next?

So far, I can't make much of what has really happened there. Is this Mammon's victorious roar? Is this Mammon's last stand, and Mottom will emerge next strip to engage him again? (And would she engage him in conversation or battle; and would he be willing to talk anymore?) Or, inversely, is this Mammon's last breath, and next strip he will collapse and burn out?

Spoiler: I was more wondering...
    Show
    ...if the update schedule has now moved from twice-weekly to once-weekly. The last two weeks there was no Tuesday update; but with regards to the glorious artwork I'm not in a position to complain. I didn't notice any announcement, which is unlike the Abbadon I observed so far.

13. - Top - End - #1153

Looking at the last three comics, it seems to be the building collapsing from all the holes punched into it, and then a dust cloud billowing out.

14. - Top - End - #1154

Beholder

Mammon looks not amused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

15. - Top - End - #1155

Good. Now we're about 50% of where I wanted this to go.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

Update!

This promises to be equal parts awesome and hilarious!

17. - Top - End - #1157

Training is okay. Ah - but will they finally start to communicate with each other?

They blame Allison when they have not tought her what she needed to know, so she dealt with Incubus instead.
    While Allison has been reclusive and aloof, letting them think she knew what she didn't. Also, Allison should confess, so that Cio understands her.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    Training is okay. Ah - but will they finally start to communicate with each other?

They blame Allison when they have not tought her what she needed to know, so she dealt with Incubus instead.
    While Allison has been reclusive and aloof, letting them think she knew what she didn't. Also, Allison should confess, so that Cio understands her.
    Yes and no. Maybe they're at fault for not offering it, but Allison hasn't ASKED for any training. Rather than learn anything about the Key she's trying to give it to Zaid, rather than actually negotiate with Cio she announces to a bar of demons an open deal because she thinks its faster, going to Mammon's in the first place, and finally by just accepting a VERY obviously bad offer from Incubus.

Allison doesn't seem to want to actually work at anything, she's been flailing around trying to take the easiest path out.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

19. - Top - End - #1159

Yeah, honestly Allison kinda sucks even with allowances made for being put in an extreme situation. (Not that I dislike her as character to read about, just as a person. And she isn't super bad but she really has much room to grow.)

20. - Top - End - #1160

Beholder

Training arc time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

21. - Top - End - #1161

You know, I really liked all those things explicitly left unsaid in the current strip.

We don't know whether Allison worries about her and Zaid's parents, or just realized that everyone in the room has had loved ones and how much she screwed them over when she started her fantasy adventure.

And then her Halo. It has been white and also cyan blue before, but when Incubus tainted her it was rose.

I wonder if the others notice the changes in her colors.

22. - Top - End - #1162

I think it's also the first time it's a full circle, instead of some broken pieces.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Training arc time!
    Spoiler: Gonna need a MONTAGE
    Show

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

24. - Top - End - #1164

Just comparing the covers is showing the huge development in Allison. Just compare the clothing and other attributes in the covers:

Unarmed, fake blonde hair, with a what-the-hell look.

Armed, still fake blonde hair, frightened but determined.

Armed, natural brown hair, casually determined.

Unarmed, natural white hair, scars, smugly determined.

With the long flowing white hair, she looks a bit too close to GoT Daenerys, imho.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, book Danny always has short hair post book 1 because it keeps burning off. But yeah, it looks great.

I’m so curious about finding out the deal with these two demiurges.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Allison also looks a lot like Incubus' true form in Lethyx. And this book is called the "King of Swords" and Incubus is "Sword King of the Middle Army." Methinks that despite Solomon David and Gog-Agog on the cover, Incubus and Meti are going to feature prominently in the next arc

27. - Top - End - #1167

She's also rocking the Jedi-robe look.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I love all the new character designs, but I am going to miss Ally’s Zweihänder.
    Last edited by Tom Tearcamel; 2018-08-17 at 06:25 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsandlich View Post
    Allison also looks a lot like Incubus' true form in Lethyx. And this book is called the "King of Swords" and Incubus is "Sword King of the Middle Army." Methinks that despite Solomon David and Gog-Agog on the cover, Incubus and Meti are going to feature prominently in the next arc
    At the very least, it would be strange for Incubus, Auntie Maya, Mottom, Jagganoth and Juggernaut Star to leave Allison alone just because she went and bothered someone else.

Hard to say about Mammon though, I don't think he really worked out what was going on.

30. - Top - End - #1170

A superpowered, immortal chairman presiding over a Senate of nervous, powerless old men, who he probably appointed himself… Ruling in justice.

Yeah, there is nothing wrong or injust in that scene.
    Except for a can of worms that even Gog-Agog would envy him for.

But I think I can understand how it came to that, with only his best intentions.
    Solomon David is the only person holding his Domain together, he can't be replaced or voted out of office. He comes from a time when there was no bottom-up approach, so he manages everything top down, with a heavy hand. He probably sees himself as the most perfect of all those "good tyrants" (like Solon or Sulla etc.)

He might once have seen himself as an equal to his councilors, and he might still think they are critical minds who would speak out if he ruled wrong. But here he is mistaken. Every of his emissaries and councilors fears him and will anticipate his bidding, then act or council accordingly, creating a positive feedback loop that leads to a stale, conservative and sycophantic government.
    Like an all-male all-gerontocratic council that cannot come to a consensus during a crisis because they don't know how Solomon David wants them to decide for him.