New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    5,999,999,999 to go.
    I wonder if six billion is a hard limit. Like, does her name limit her to six billion, even? Does #6,000,000,001 kill her, or does she just find a way to never kill again after six billion? Or is it just a rough figure?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

5,999,999,999 to go.
    My thoughts exactly - and those of quite a few commenting on the webcomic page as well.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    My thoughts exactly - and those of quite a few commenting on the webcomic page as well.
    It helps when the alt-text is 1/6,000,000,000

Edit - Hah, seems like MTG card designers read this comic too
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2016-06-29 at 11:17 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

It helps when the alt-text is 1/6,000,000,000

Edit - Hah, seems like MTG card designers read this comic too
    Spoiler
    Show
    They also have time-machine.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    I wonder if six billion is a hard limit. Like, does her name limit her to six billion, even? Does #6,000,000,001 kill her, or does she just find a way to never kill again after six billion? Or is it just a rough figure?
    Could also theoretically just be the number she needs to kill to ascend the throne - like, once she's killed #6,000,000,000 she'll have mastery over all of creation.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

So I feel betrayed and deceived. There was supposed to be an update today :(

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    So I feel betrayed and deceived. There was supposed to be an update today :(
    Nope. New comic. Pyre.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground

There is!
    It was at the very end of the day, though.

Sort-of prompted by the new update:
    Remember how they said the 7 conquerors (such as Mother Om) had gone insane? I think that she was offering Allison to become the queen ("Help me. Take it! Take it all! My throne, my whole blasted kingdom!", on page 5-93) was one of the few times she was lucid and thinking clearly. Honestly, I suspect the other six (or, at least, most of them) will be similar: during their brief moments of sanity, they just want to die and for it all to end and for the new King to dethrone them.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    There is!
    It was at the very end of the day, though.

Sort-of prompted by the new update:
    Remember how they said the 7 conquerors (such as Mother Om) had gone insane? I think that she was offering Allison to become the queen ("Help me. Take it! Take it all! My throne, my whole blasted kingdom!", on page 5-93) was one of the few times she was lucid and thinking clearly. Honestly, I suspect the other six (or, at least, most of them) will be similar: during their brief moments of sanity, they just want to die and for it all to end and for the new King to dethrone them.
    It was on Wednesday in the author's location. UNACCEPTABLE.

In fact, since he lives in Japan, it was halfway through the day Wednesday.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-07-13 at 04:25 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

It was on Wednesday in the author's location. UNACCEPTABLE.

In fact, since he lives in Japan, it was halfway through the day Wednesday.
    You know the saying, "Better late than never!". Plus the author (YISUN) stated he is a consummate liar.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

A race, then!

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    New comic.

A race, then!
    Looks a lot less like a 'race' and a lot more like 'crazy sword lady is about to kill them all'.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks a lot less like a 'race' and a lot more like 'crazy sword lady is about to kill them all'.
    Silly, Olinser.

The race isn't between mask goons and crazy lady. It's between Motom, crazy Knight lady and two angels. The prize is the girl. Or rather her head stone.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-07-19 at 01:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Remember, based on what the author's said in his twitter about Beggar knights (of which Maya is one):

Beggar knights fundamentally renounce violence unless it is in self defense or in service to the poor or unprotected. Their poverty is by choice, and they are encouraged to indulge in vice only as a way of broadening the spirit. Those that worship Aesma tend to worship her more in her second incarnation as the Bloody Eyed God, and admire her for her humbling of powerful figures.
    So it's possible she'll step in to defend Allison, despite being an antagonist.

That said, it's not at all clear that Maya is a typical beggar knight; and she might view Allison as being a "powerful figure" by virtue of having the key. Her questions to Allison about death, though, imply to me that she's more interested in seeing Allison humble the Seven. And the fact that Maya has at least theoretically renounced violence except in self-defense or in service to the poor or unprotected is important to understanding her character, I guess.

It also explains her actions in the earlier brawl - rather than go for the key herself, she stood in one place killing everyone who approached, defending herself and the noodle-merchant. That said, given her history and apparent outlook, it's hard to picture her as an altruistic character even before you consider that the author has called her an antagonist.

(Another possibility is that rather than simply wanting to steal the key like the other fools, Maya wants to use Allison somehow for something that Allison herself might not agree with.)
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2016-07-19 at 02:30 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Silly, Olinser.

The race isn't between mask goons and crazy lady. It's between Motom, crazy Knight lady and two angels. The prize is the girl. Or rather her head stone.
    Yeah but crazy lady is the only one currently in the room with her.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah but crazy lady is the only one currently in the room with her.
    That's only because you don't see the Angel crashing down in his motorcylce. Yet.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

That's only because you don't see the Angel crashing down in his motorcylce. Yet.
    How can it look like it's there then?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    How can it look like it's there then?
    Timevision!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

It seems Angels went for a tea. But they left a cookie cutter.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeahhh, I'm guessing these poor saps with the guns are just here to demonstrate how deadly Auntie Maya is.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Mhm.. i think that theory is very likely. I do think her title is very telling, and she might turn out to be an enemy long term.
    But those poor saps are certainly not going to be allowed to get in the way.

Not that i dont suspect they will get a warning, they just fear Mottom more.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Mhm.. i think that theory is very likely. I do think her title is very telling, and she might turn out to be an enemy long term.
    But those poor saps are certainly not going to be allowed to get in the way.

Not that i dont suspect they will get a warning, they just fear Mottom more.
    Yeah. These goons aren't backing down and spending the rest of their lives as trees.

Drunk Knight here actually has been expounded upon in the off-comic backstory. She is apparently the only apprentice of Meti (author of Meti's Sword Manual), and at one point was a general that conquered 20,000 worlds. I really don't see somebody with that kind of backstory helping Allison out of the goodness of her heart. She's definitely an antagonist.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-07-20 at 11:35 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. you dont often see people with that background begging noodles off the street either..

But your most likely right, mainly because the story needs antagonists of a lower scale than demi-urge, that could still if nececary go hand to hand with Allisons Allies.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Drunk Knight here actually has been expounded upon in the off-comic backstory. She is apparently the only apprentice of Meti (author of Meti's Sword Manual), and at one point was a general that conquered 20,000 worlds. I really don't see somebody with that kind of backstory helping Allison out of the goodness of her heart. She's definitely an antagonist.
    Why do you think she's an antagonist? Nothing else you said would suggest that.

(Well, yes, she'll continue to be a threat to Allison's mental stability, but I'm sure that's not what you meant.)
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-07-21 at 11:29 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Colossus in the Playground

Her name being "Murder the Gods and topple their thrones"? Allison is well on her way to becoming the closest thing to a god around.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

26. - Top - End - #296
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Her name being "Murder the Gods and topple their thrones"? Allison is well on her way to becoming the closest thing to a god around.
    That depends entirely upon how one would define 'god'. I mean, we've seen a lot of EXTREMELY powerful beings, both in the comic itself and in the history of the world it happens in. But the line between 'powerful being' and 'deity' is blurry. The only real immortals in the world seem to be the angels and the darkness that is masked to form demons. YISUN died, as did YIS, UN, their 777,777,777 children...
    It could be the name is less a literal declaration of intent and more of a mission statement, a general guiding principle to oppose the exceptionally powerful and break down the false order they impose.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Why do you think she's an antagonist? Nothing else you said would suggest that.

(Well, yes, she'll continue to be a threat to Allison's mental stability, but I'm sure that's not what you meant.)
    Here, from the author's tumblr. Of course, that might be out of date, and "antagonist" in K6BD doesn't necessarily mean they're trying to kill you (the Seven are also clearly antagonists, and so far one of them has invited Allison to a party and treated her like a guest.)

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    Here, from the author's tumblr. Of course, that might be out of date, and "antagonist" in K6BD doesn't necessarily mean they're trying to kill you (the Seven are also clearly antagonists, and so far one of them has invited Allison to a party and treated her like a guest.)
    Yes, she has been explicitly labeled an antagonist several times by the author.

What exactly her goals are is currently unclear, and being labeled an antagonist doesn't necessarily mean she won't help Allison THIS time, but she most definitely has her own agenda that will be incompatible with Allison's at some point.

Also, was there any word about the red crystal that she seems to have in her forehead? It's definitely not a Key, and I've asked before but don't recall the author sharing any information about it.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Also, was there any word about the red crystal that she seems to have in her forehead? It's definitely not a Key, and I've asked before but don't recall the author sharing any information about it.
    The magisters in WoN 1-16 note that Allison's "forehead thing" is remarkably bright for a ley-stone. (they each have one like Auntie Maya's)

The Associated Text with that page gives the definition:
    "The ley-stone is a pale replica of a true key. Like the key itself it serves as a tuning fork to merge the wielder's will with that of God, but on a far weaker level."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tearcamel View Post
    The magisters in WoN 1-16 note that Allison's "forehead thing" is remarkably bright for a ley-stone. (they each have one like Auntie Maya's)

The Associated Text with that page gives the definition:
    "The ley-stone is a pale replica of a true key. Like the key itself it serves as a tuning fork to merge the wielder's will with that of God, but on a far weaker level."
    Ah yes, I had forgotten about them. Righto, that explains that.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!