New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    I don't think we should be trusting anything Mottom says, about the corruption of fate or the fear she holds or anything. She's one of the Demiurges - she wasn't thrust into a war where she unwittingly conquered the gods, she chose to wage bloody conflict and rule one seventh of the multiverse.
    I don't know. From the way she's speaking, she does believe she was thrust into her role (she compared herself with Allision several times.)

While it could all be a lie... why would she? She hasn't made any real attempt to justify the horrible things she's done beyond saying that she's powerful and doesn't believe powerful people have to answer to anyone. Most of what she's said hasn't really made her look any better as a person, just a shade more sympathetic. And a lot of it matches up with what we've seen elsewhere.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

I don't think we should be trusting anything Mottom says, about the corruption of fate or the fear she holds or anything. She's one of the Demiurges - she wasn't thrust into a war where she unwittingly conquered the gods, she chose to wage bloody conflict and rule one seventh of the multiverse. She's resisted every attempt at rebellion or assassination presumably attempted on her so far. And she's not afraid to antagonize any other Demiurge than Jagganoth, considering she exploded Gog-Agog's face. If she was sick of eternal life and glorious rule then she would stop eating the peaches and die. She's not. She loves every moment of this. And she's the Demiurge embodying Gluttony. If this was Jadis of Sloth speaking then I might feel differently, but Gluttony doesn't tire. She's never going to be full and satisfied with what she has. She'll just keep consuming all things she can. And this is part of a plan to secure her own power, somehow or another.
    Well... actually that's debatable.

Obviously she sought power. But when the war started, you were left with the option of winning or being destroyed, ESPECIALLY once you got one of the Keys.

So it's perfectly plausible that she sought power in the beginning but when she got tired of power she was in a situation where it was either climb to the top or die. And she didn't want to die yet. So she kept fighting until only the 7 were left.

That doesn't make her sympathetic. But it's a plausible explanation for why she's one of the 7 rulers of the universe without really wanting to be one.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-04-30 at 08:42 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

I really want to see Alison go home in this state.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Well... actually that's debatable.

Obviously she sought power. But when the war started, you were left with the option of winning or being destroyed, ESPECIALLY once you got one of the Keys.

So it's perfectly plausible that she sought power in the beginning but when she got tired of power she was in a situation where it was either climb to the top or die. And she didn't want to die yet. So she kept fighting until only the 7 were left.

That doesn't make her sympathetic. But it's a plausible explanation for why she's one of the 7 rulers of the universe without really wanting to be one.
    I think that she also, like Allison, probably had more immediate goals in mind when she first got her power, and devoted them to that. It's possible that at one point she even legitimately wanted to be a good ruler (and focused on fighting ones she considered horrible.) It's just that... over time, having so much power made it easy for her to just stop caring about everyone else. So she slowly became worse and worse until she was the gluttony-consumed monster we all know and love.

I don't think her lecture to Allison about how power gets its hooks into you and changes you was some sort of ploy, though. I think it was basically her own story. I mean, if Mottom is faking things, she's doing a pretty weird job of it what with all the cackling and walking on the table.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2016-04-30 at 11:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I don't follow anything from the author outside the comic itself, has Abbadon revealed anything about Mottom's husband?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep, I was right, they didn't trade anything, they both reverted to youth. Although I have to assume that it's only going to be temporary given how Mottom looked previously.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seems like an unfortunate path to immortality - when planning to live forever, dependencies are generally things you want to avoid as they're easy to target.

My main worry with this is the extent to which it binds Allison to Mottom. Is the process something Allison will be able to replicate on her own?
    Last edited by Dromuthra; 2016-05-03 at 08:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, it's not like Allison needs it right now. I assume it will just wear off and she'll return to her usual self, since drastically changing the character design at this point seems unlikely.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's not clear that when it wears off it doesn't leave you worse off or requiring more.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dromuthra View Post
    It's not clear that when it wears off it doesn't leave you worse off or requiring more.
    That would be my guess. Allison only ate a small piece and reverted to youth. Mottom had to chow down the entire rest of the bowl and she still looks older. And given how Mottom looked previously I'm assuming that as it wears off it has serious side effects.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it's more likely that Mottom looks that way when it wears off because she is, in fact, at least three hundred years old.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Colossus in the Playground

New one jsut came up. Famous last words indeed.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    New one jsut came up. Famous last words indeed.
    Just? That's what I saw several hours earlier today.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Look's like that is white chain's empty armor?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    I don't follow.

EDIT: Nvm, you mean the Holey Female Angel, that helped Alison in the beginning.

As a side note, the thorns are metal as ****.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-05-06 at 04:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    As a side note, the thorns are metal as ****.
    Whenever 6 Juggernaut is on screen my mind automatically supplies heavy metal guitar riffs.
    Truth resists simplicity.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

It does, but whats that weird... duffel bag thing on the back of the armor?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't see Juggernaut making it to the end of the comic, and I will be quite sad when he finally departs. Despite being a monster, he has some serious style.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    I don't see Juggernaut making it to the end of the comic, and I will be quite sad when he finally departs. Despite being a monster, he has some serious style.
    I'm not sure. He may survive a while; he seems to be the main actor on behalf of the story's whole greater-scope-villain -- the Darth Vader to the Emperor, so to speak. So it's possible he won't get dealt with until near the very end.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Can Angels even properly die? Even if he's destroyed, reincarnation is in the cards. I get the feeling we'll be seeing Liminal Blossom again before this is all over.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, its not just going to be in the cards, it will straight up be a fact that will happen at some point.
    Though most likely not within the scope of the story.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Can Angels even properly die? Even if he's destroyed, reincarnation is in the cards. I get the feeling we'll be seeing Liminal Blossom again before this is all over.
    Yes but reincarnation explicitly takes a LONG time. Like hundreds to thousands of years, and there's no guarantee they even come back at all (remember Michael is the only one of the originals that actually reincarnated). If they're actually killed they're effectively out of the story barring time travel of some sort.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-05-08 at 10:41 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

Or, you know, immortality? Which Allison has for as long as she works for Mottom, and will work out for herself eventually.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

New one went up this morning. Looks like Chains, despite appearances, is still a bit of a softy.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Colossus in the Playground

And Aesma is, as always, a font of wisdom.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    New one went up this morning. Looks like Chains, despite appearances, is still a bit of a softy.
    And Six star Juggernaut is still metal. *******, but metal. Next line is "Psyche! In fact that was just cheap and mass produced knockoff!".

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    And Six star Juggernaut is still metal. *******, but metal. Next line is "Psyche! In fact that was just cheap and mass produced knockoff!".
    Juggernaut is awesome. Badly damaged and sadistic, but still awesome.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Survey: What Metal song plays through your head whenever Six Star Juggernaut makes an appearance?

. . . Mystic asks, in a non-too subtle attempt to get good metal recomendations.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2016-05-19 at 01:22 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Firbolg in the Playground

Survey: What Metal song plays through your head whenever Six Star Juggernaut makes an appearance?

. . . Mystic asks, in a non-too subtle attempt to get good metal recomendations.
    Either "The God that Failed" or "Sad but True" by Metallica.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am Murloc" (yes, too much Hearthstone)
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-05-19 at 02:08 PM.