New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Survey: What Metal song plays through your head whenever Six Star Juggernaut makes an appearance?
    Judas Priest's Painkiller.
    Last edited by Leewei; 2016-05-19 at 09:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Survey: What Metal song plays through your head whenever Six Star Juggernaut makes an appearance?

. . . Mystic asks, in a non-too subtle attempt to get good metal recomendations.
    Judas Priest - All Guns Blazing

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

It's a race then!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

Despite all her rage, Om is just a God in a cage.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, yes, the good old self-justification for tyrants. She was once a victim, so "of course" her only recourse now that she has absurd amounts of power and influence is to victimize countless others. So heavy the head that carries the crown, legions of worlds must support the weight.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danelsan View Post
    Ah, yes, the good old self-justification for tyrants. She was once a victim, so "of course" her only recourse now that she has absurd amounts of power and influence is to victimize countless others. So heavy the head that carries the crown, legions of worlds must support the weight.
    It makes sense actually. If she shows weakness towards her subjects, other demiurges gang up on her. Even if she wants peace, she is in no position to achieve it.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm still skeptical about how truthful she's being in expressing her fear and/or vulnerability (and it's a lot easier to swallow it out of this face rather than the haggard old woman) but goodness if Mottom isn't adorable and tragic and starting to win me over.

So how does Game of Thrones have six seasons, and this is just a webcomic chatted about on a couple of forums? There should be a KSBD series. A movie wouldn't be enough for it.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

Someone got called out on their bull****. Also there's an angel on the list.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I though Mottom would be an absolute obstacle for Jugstar's intentions of dismemberment if she wanted, but apparently the angel is more dangerous than her. At one point, someone interviewed Abbadon and the revealed information included that Jaganoth is comparable to Goku or Superman.

It is also known that all the other 6 Demiurges are needed to equal him.

But, I just found out about this statement (Aquillion posted it on the Onyx Path's Exalted forum), using the same amusing unit of measurement: "I’d put juggernaut at about ¾ of a Goku and Zoss somewhere from 5-7 Gokus. Allison is probably at 0.005 of a Goku, for reference"

Of course this is just a rough comparison, but that puts Juggernaut Star a good bit above Mottom. I guess this makes sense, as he was at the head of the party hunting Zoss so he should be horrendously powerful, but somehow I was not expecting him to be that much so.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

So demiurge abused a little girl who became a demiurge - and then that girl became part of the 7 rulers of infinity. Now that demiurge must continually plunder worlds to maintain the illusion of control and greed less five of the remaining 6 demiurges no longer respect her power, thus breaking up the truce needed to stop the red god from destroying everything. Cool - sounds like a lose lose.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I though Mottom would be an absolute obstacle for Jugstar's intentions of dismemberment if she wanted, but apparently the angel is more dangerous than her. At one point, someone interviewed Abbadon and the revealed information included that Jaganoth is comparable to Goku or Superman.

It is also known that all the other 6 Demiurges are needed to equal him.

But, I just found out about this statement (Aquillion posted it on the Onyx Path's Exalted forum), using the same amusing unit of measurement: "I’d put juggernaut at about ¾ of a Goku and Zoss somewhere from 5-7 Gokus. Allison is probably at 0.005 of a Goku, for reference"

Of course this is just a rough comparison, but that puts Juggernaut Star a good bit above Mottom. I guess this makes sense, as he was at the head of the party hunting Zoss so he should be horrendously powerful, but somehow I was not expecting him to be that much so.
    Mottom has already said in-story that it takes all 6 of the Demiurges to match him. So I'm not really sure why you're that surprised.

I'm more surprised that Allison is actually THAT powerful already.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, that was my observation, too. It means that Mottom is "only" about 32 times as powerful as Allison.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Mottom has already said in-story that it takes all 6 of the Demiurges to match him. So I'm not really sure why you're that surprised.

I'm more surprised that Allison is actually THAT powerful already.
    No, it was already known that it takes the six of them to match Jaganoth. My surprise is that 6 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe is considerably more powerful than Mottom, because the angel is 3/4 of a Jaganoth and Mottom is about 1/6 of a Jaganoth.

EDIT: By the way, I wonder how high is the Goku value of 2 Michael and Metatron 1. Also, considering the vast differences in power for Goku at different points of the series (or the different versions of Superman), that must be the vaguest unit of measure ever XD
    Last edited by danelsan; 2016-06-01 at 08:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Colossus in the Playground

I don't really like that the story has two characters being called essentially different spellings of Juggernaut/Jagganatha.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I don't really like that the story has two characters being called essentially different spellings of Juggernaut/Jagganatha.
    I also found this a bit awkward, but it adds verisimilitude. Consider how many Johns you know IRL.
    Last edited by Leewei; 2016-06-02 at 02:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Called it. The youth effect is already wearing off.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Well thats hardly the big prediction.. on the line of "Allison does not get dismembered by Juggernaut

The revelations about the diffent power levels though, is another matter. I had really not expected Juggernaut to be so absurdly powerful, most likely being on the level of the demi-urges..
    (just because it takes 6 of them to oppose Jaggernoth does not mean they only have 1/6 of his strenght).

And as for Allison, then i kinda suspect that Abbadon either made a decimal error when mentioning Allisons power level, or else he is not familiar with Goku's current power level.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

It doesn't look like the fruit wore off naturally - but the question about death prematurely ended its effects. Maybe forcing Mother Om to think about death, would actually kill her?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

It doesn't look like the fruit wore off naturally - but the question about death prematurely ended its effects. Maybe forcing Mother Om to think about death, would actually kill her?
    I don't think it works like that. Otherwise, Motom would lose her fruits power quickly. I kinda believe she lives in fear of other Demiurges.

----------------------------------------------
    Anyway, new comic!

Alison, might have came out and said "You're evil, aren't you?". And the answer is YES, so very much YES.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, husband is totally being kept alive in some variety of constant torture.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

I seriously doubt it, they both aged up at the same time. More likely it's just a timed effect.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Yeah, husband is totally being kept alive in some variety of constant torture.
    Or he has been resurected in a form of undeath and serving as the proverbial tree of eternal life.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

In three days, even death may die.

24. - Top - End - #204

MindFlayer

At this point I wonder who the unreliable narrator is: Mottom or White Chain? In White Chain's description of the rise of the Demiurges, young Mottom is one who holds the key of kings. Unless we're meant to believe that she rose to great glory after killing her husband, who was not of the level of the Seven, then I still don't believe this story happened the way Mottom tells it.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    At this point I wonder who the unreliable narrator is: Mottom or White Chain? In White Chain's description of the rise of the Demiurges, young Mottom is one who holds the key of kings. Unless we're meant to believe that she rose to great glory after killing her husband, who was not of the level of the Seven, then I still don't believe this story happened the way Mottom tells it.
    There's a lot of possible explanations for that. The most likely is that back when the Concordence of the Demiurges still ruled, Mottom didn't allow herself to become old in polite company. Now that everything has fallen apart, she doesn't really care.

26. - Top - End - #206

'Pleading' sounds like a misplaced word here...
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

How do you people like Aesma stories?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

I love the Aesma stories. The current one is a hoot!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    How do you people like Aesma stories?
    I particularly love, being a big Exalted fan, that the kind of "enlightenment" that allows such superpowers as Division, observing the shape of existence, splitting atoms with your hand and so on, doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with wisdom, introspection, self-awareness and other such qualities.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

I particularly love, being a big Exalted fan, that the kind of "enlightenment" that allows such superpowers as Division, observing the shape of existence, splitting atoms with your hand and so on, doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with wisdom, introspection, self-awareness and other such qualities.
    Which is why half the characters act like teenagers who don't know what to do with their emotions.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)