New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Which is why half the characters act like teenagers who don't know what to do with their emotions.
    Only problem is, even creator behaves childish.

I too love Aesma stories. Current one is wild. Aesma in love? Love makes Aesma tame?
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-06-14 at 03:51 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Such is the awesome power of the black flame.

Thus spake Aesma to Un: "But moooooooom!"
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Today's update
    reminds us that while Mother Om may have reasons to do what she does, we'd like to remind you she's still a terrible person.

Also, ug, its utterly terrifying how routine this mass sacrificing appears.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Or he has been resurected in a form of undeath and serving as the proverbial tree of eternal life.
    Sir, what are today's lottery numbers?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    Today's update
    reminds us that while Mother Om may have reasons to do what she does, we'd like to remind you she's still a terrible person.

Also, ug, its utterly terrifying how routine this mass sacrificing appears.
    I mean I'm not really shocked, it was pretty well foreshadowed. It was pretty obvious taking 100 people from every world she visits every time she visits wasn't for a benign purpose, they were clearly some kind of sacrifice or being sold as slaves.

Quite honestly, on a scale of 1-10 on what could possibly be happening to them this rates about a 3.

So 100 maidens from each world she visits, figure she probably does one every 3-4 days, so probably about 10,000 a year. That's really not that many, honestly.

I would also like to point out that this tree APPEARS to be growing the youth fruit they ate earlier. I imagine this isn't going to sit well with Allison when she notices. And was obviously part of Mottom's plan from the start.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-06-16 at 12:10 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dromuthra View Post
    Sir, what are today's lottery numbers?
    2, 454, PI, Graham, Infinity minus e, Salmon.

Heh, this is second time I predicted a comic twist by accident.

I wonder what Mottom is afraid of? Losing immortality or her undead husband?
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-06-15 at 06:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

I wonder what Mottom is afraid of? Losing immortality or her undead husband?
    seeing as she killed him, not the latter i presume.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    seeing as she killed him, not the latter i presume.
    I tried to avoid ambiguity. I meant - is she afraid of her husband or losing her fruit?

Is she asking Alisson to defend her husband or does she want Alisson to kill him?
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-06-16 at 12:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Is she asking Alisson to defend her husband or is she want Alisson to kill him?
    Alison reminds her a lot of her younger self. I think she either wants Alison to take her place, or to be her confederate for the rest of eternity. It's also entirely possible that even Mottom doesn't know what she really wants.

So far, she's tolerated a lot of lip from Alison, which makes me think she's looking to make her into an ally, or possibly a catspaw, in the balancing act between the seven. Alternately, she may be planning to offer up Alison to her husband to resurrect him and set him against Jagganoth.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    Alison reminds her a lot of her younger self. I think she either wants Alison to take her place, or to be her confederate for the rest of eternity. It's also entirely possible that even Mottom doesn't know what she really wants.

So far, she's tolerated a lot of lip from Alison, which makes me think she's looking to make her into an ally, or possibly a catspaw, in the balancing act between the seven. Alternately, she may be planning to offer up Alison to her husband to resurrect him and set him against Jagganoth.
    Considering he was killed by a completely un-trained and non-Key possessing Nadia the first time, it makes absolutely zero sense that he would be anywhere near to even Mottom's current level of power, much less Jagganoth.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

I think at this point he's their just for immortality. Depressingly remember that feeding the tree blood of "wives" keeps Mother Om alive, and keeping Mother Om alive preserves the alliance of 6 of the demi-urges against the Red God, so by not feeding the tree - Mother Om dies, and the universe dies with her.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

It is really a horrible situation for all people involved, the machinery of Om keeps consuming worlds, leaving broken husks in their wake.
    (dont think its a world every 3-4 days though, it takes time to strip a world down to such a degree).

But despite all the pain and misery, doing anything to disturb the system, or stop Om risks sending the entire universe into a massive war that would potentially end everything.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    It is really a horrible situation for all people involved, the machinery of Om keeps consuming worlds, leaving broken husks in their wake.
    (dont think its a world every 3-4 days though, it takes time to strip a world down to such a degree).

But despite all the pain and misery, doing anything to disturb the system, or stop Om risks sending the entire universe into a massive war that would potentially end everything.
    No, not consumes a world, the maiden that Allison swapped places with said that each time Mottom visited their world she called 100 maidens to her palace to 'serve' her.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comi...of-names-3-51/

I was guessing that she visits a different world every 3-4 days, and at each visit picks up another 100. But even if she visits a different one every single day that's still only 36,500 a year. I mean sure, that's bad, but in the grand scheme of hundreds of worlds frankly its really not that many.

Again, while yes its pretty terrible, on a scale of 1-10 on things that could potentially be happening to them this is about a 3. I was honestly expecting them to be served up and eaten alive by Mottom or something along those lines.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

I believe it was mentioned that not all the maidens become food for the tree. 1 out of each 10 become Clerk-Knights (http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.c...mottoms-palace).

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

I think at this point he's their just for immortality. Depressingly remember that feeding the tree blood of "wives" keeps Mother Om alive, and keeping Mother Om alive preserves the alliance of 6 of the demi-urges against the Red God, so by not feeding the tree - Mother Om dies, and the universe dies with her.
    I think you've hit upon something. Mottom wants to pass on (leave and retire, or maybe even die), and wants Alison to assume her place. She's showing Alison the ropes of her entire operation. Her intention is to place the young woman in exactly the same trap she's grown so tired and horrified of occupying so that she no longer has to suffer, and the universe won't end.
    Last edited by Leewei; 2016-06-16 at 05:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Even if that's true (and I agree it's likely), remember that the Red God didn't become what he is immediately, so there would have still been a time period when Mottom was feeding the tree without that excuse.

Of course, I imagine we'll get the full story on the next page or so anyway.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    Even if that's true (and I agree it's likely), remember that the Red God didn't become what he is immediately, so there would have still been a time period when Mottom was feeding the tree without that excuse.

Of course, I imagine we'll get the full story on the next page or so anyway.
    I'm not at all convinced that it is true. The other 6 demiurges certainly don't seem to have trouble keeping themselves alive, and there's no way Mottom would be giving Jagganoth the fruit, in particular (not to mention Zoss sustained himself long before Mottom was even a demiurge)

So there are definitely other methods of keeping yourself alive that don't involve feeding a husband tree the blood of maidens. Mottom highly strikes me as the kind of person too lazy to bother looking for alternate methods, simply justifying the sacrifice as 'necessary' to sustain her without caring enough to try a different way.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-06-16 at 11:35 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

No, not consumes a world, the maiden that Allison swapped places with said that each time Mottom visited their world she called 100 maidens to her palace to 'serve' her.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comi...of-names-3-51/

I was guessing that she visits a different world every 3-4 days, and at each visit picks up another 100. But even if she visits a different one every single day that's still only 36,500 a year. I mean sure, that's bad, but in the grand scheme of hundreds of worlds frankly its really not that many.
    Oh alright yeah, so they seemingly dont devestate the place more than that it can rebuild in a generation or so. Or at least in time for the next visit.
    Do wonder about the time frame though, 3-4 days to both plunder a world, and move on to the next seems a bit low, i dont imagine the castle to be fast in any way.

I think you've hit upon something. Mottom wants to pass on (leave and retire, or maybe even die), and wants Alison to assume her place. She's showing Alison the ropes of her entire operation. Her intention is to place the young woman in exactly the same trap she's grown so tired and horrified of occupying so that she no longer has to suffer, and the universe won't end.
    It could very well be the cause, Mother Om certainly have something in her mind, and she does not seem to be interested in picking the key for herself.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Firbolg in the Playground

Looks like ya'all called it.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh alright yeah, so they seemingly dont devestate the place more than that it can rebuild in a generation or so. Or at least in time for the next visit.
    Do wonder about the time frame though, 3-4 days to both plunder a world, and move on to the next seems a bit low, i dont imagine the castle to be fast in any way.

It could very well be the cause, Mother Om certainly have something in her mind, and she does not seem to be interested in picking the key for herself.
    I still think you're not quite understanding.

It sounds like Mottom parks her palace over one world and starts consuming it, but while it's there she goes and visits OTHER worlds every few days to show the flag and make them remember that yes, she still rules them. During those short visits she picks up maidens to feed the tree.

So she's consuming one world while simultaneously pulling maidens from dozens of others.

Also, there's no way Mottom is actually remorseful. But she's doing a fantastic job of theatre in convincing Alison that she is.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-06-18 at 05:50 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I'm not at all convinced that it is true. The other 6 demiurges certainly don't seem to have trouble keeping themselves alive, and there's no way Mottom would be giving Jagganoth the fruit, in particular (not to mention Zoss sustained himself long before Mottom was even a demiurge)
    As I recall, the author has said that each of the demiurges has found their own way to extend their lives. The keys don't grant it naturally.

Going over them...

Jagganoth probably has immortality as part of whatever he did to himself with those angel feathers.
    Jadis is clearly in some form of stasis.
    Mammon is a Servant; his race doesn't die of old age anyway.
    Gog-Agog is a composite entity, being a collection of worms. I assume that some of the worms die and others are born or added.
    We know Mottom uses her fruit.

That just leaves Incubus and Solomon with unexplained methods of preserving themselves. Presumably they've each found some method that they either refuse to share with Jadis, or which wouldn't work for her for one reason or another.

Also, more from the author's tumblr regarding power levels:

Some are definitely more powerful than others (in personal abilities). Probably the rankings I’d have to go with are Jagganoth > Jadis (pre-entombing) > Solomon >Gog-Agog > Incubus > Mottom > Jadis (post-entombing) > Mammon.

Mammon only for reasons that will become apparent in the next book. He’s a monster - he’s called the Grand Dragon for a reason.

No angel is more powerful than a demiurge by the way save Metatron - I’ve seen people mention that and not sure where they are getting that from.
    The last bit seems to people doing the same math I did above with regards to "Jagganoth = 1 Goku, Juggernaut Star = 0.75 Gokus, all the other Demiurges combined = Jagganoth."

Presumably power levels don't stack together, so the other Demiurges are somewhere between 1 and 0.75 Gokus, but don't just get to add all their power levels together to fight Jagganoth (eg. Goku can beat up an endless parade of people at 0.8 Gokus.)
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2016-06-19 at 12:04 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

As I recall, the author has said that each of the demiurges has found their own way to extend their lives. The keys don't grant it naturally.

Going over them...

Jagganoth probably has immortality as part of whatever he did to himself with those angel feathers.
    Jadis is clearly in some form of stasis.
    Mammon is a Servant; his race doesn't die of old age anyway.
    Gog-Agog is a composite entity, being a collection of worms. I assume that some of the worms die and others are born or added.
    We know Mottom uses her fruit.

That just leaves Incubus and Solomon with unexplained methods of preserving themselves. Presumably they've each found some method that they either refuse to share with Jadis, or which wouldn't work for her for one reason or another.

Also, more from the author's tumblr regarding power levels:

The last bit seems to people doing the same math I did above with regards to "Jagganoth = 1 Goku, Juggernaut Star = 0.75 Gokus, all the other Demiurges combined = Jagganoth."

Presumably power levels don't stack together, so the other Demiurges are somewhere between 1 and 0.75 Gokus, but don't just get to add all their power levels together to fight Jagganoth (eg. Goku can beat up an endless parade of people at 0.8 Gokus.)
    But that's exactly my point. Mottom has clearly had a long, LONG time to find a method of immortality that doesn't involve killing a hundred maidens every couple days and feeding them to a tree. So justifying their deaths by claiming that its necessary to keep her alive and maintain the balance is at best lazy and at worst just a lie - which is more likely IMO, she doesn't seem to CARE about lesser people. Go back and look at the expression on her face when she turned that other guy into a tree and blew his guard into petals. That's the smug, self-satisfied look of somebody that thinks she's just plain better than anybody else.

I'm about 99% convinced that the tears and the crying and all of this is just elaborate theatre by Mottom to get what she wants from Allison. It's not clear yet exactly WHAT she wants, but whatever it is, it seems that Allison needs to give it to her willingly. Most likely having Allison choose to eat that first piece of fruit started some process Mottom is going to take advantage of shortly under the guise of having Allison 'help' her.

My best guess right now is that Mottom is going to try some variety of body switching/surfing and going to take control of Allison's body AND the Key.

I'm thinking that despite what Mottom claims, even if she were to rip the Key from Allison's skull she won't actually be able to utilize its power. But I'm betting that she thinks if she can take over Allison's body she'll get control of it, and with a young body and the supreme Key she'll be able to take out Jagganoth (and take over the entire universe, of course).
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-06-19 at 01:06 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Let's wait and see what Incubus and Solomon are using first. We don't really know how hard immortality is in the setting.

(Well, another thing that was mentioned in the Tumblr it's totally impossible for humans to live forever, although apparently True Royalty can circumvent that because True Royalty ignores the rules. But nobody has attained that state but Zoss, and even he is still striving for it.)

Honestly from what we know about Incubus I wouldn't be surprised if his method is even more horrible than Mottom's. Solomon probably wouldn't sacrifice virgins in order to live forever, but it's possible he's eg. powered by his sense of smug self-satisfaction or something similar that Mottom can't use.

I mean obviously we're not supposed to side with Mottom on this, but I think that it's likely that immortality really is hard enough that it can't be dismissed as laziness on her part. If Solomon is like "lol yeah I just worked out a life-extension serum, it's easy" then we can make fun of Mottom, but...

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

I still think you're not quite understanding.

It sounds like Mottom parks her palace over one world and starts consuming it, but while it's there she goes and visits OTHER worlds every few days to show the flag and make them remember that yes, she still rules them. During those short visits she picks up maidens to feed the tree.

So she's consuming one world while simultaneously pulling maidens from dozens of others.
    If i were not understanding something, then you would have hard evidence you could link to in the comic to support an alternate view, instead of speculations that are in no way better than my theories..

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

(Well, another thing that was mentioned in the Tumblr it's totally impossible for humans to live forever, although apparently True Royalty can circumvent that because True Royalty ignores the rules. But nobody has attained that state but Zoss, and even he is still striving for it.)

Honestly from what we know about Incubus I wouldn't be surprised if his method is even more horrible than Mottom's. Solomon probably wouldn't sacrifice virgins in order to live forever, but it's possible he's eg. powered by his sense of smug self-satisfaction or something similar that Mottom can't use.
    Thanks for that lore ping.

I wouldn't be surprised if Incubus (a demon that attacks women) just makes you fall in love with him and then drains you in your sleep, until you are a withered husk (a la Catherine).

No idea for Solomon, maybe he traps devils and devours them.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

If i were not understanding something, then you would have hard evidence you could link to in the comic to support an alternate view, instead of speculations that are in no way better than my theories..
    Its not a theory. I already linked the comic where they lay out exactly what happens. She says flat out, "Queen Mottom only visits each of her kingdoms a short while each. Her domain is so large, you see! But when she visits she calls a hundred maidens to her palace to serve her".
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-06-19 at 08:23 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Its not a theory. I already linked the comic where they lay out exactly what happens. She says flat out, "Queen Mottom only visits each of her kingdoms a short while each. Her domain is so large, you see! But when she visits she calls a hundred maidens to her palace to serve her".
    Then it is a theory, since everything but the content of that sentence is then speculation. We dont know how long a short while is, thats an extremely subjective term. And we dont know how long it takes to ferry an entire palace from world to world.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

Smack Attack!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

New comic.

Smack Attack!
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...unchOutCthulhu

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

And just after, they were having a ball.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-06-22 at 10:09 AM.