2 Sleeve Blades
    2 Elbow Blades
    2 Spiked Gauntlets
    2 Crescent Knives
    1 Braid Blade
    1 Set of Armor Spikes
    1 Set of Armor Razors
    and Monk's Unarmed Strike

What is the maximum number of attacks this could legally make as a full round action? What are the rules to doing so? And what feats would it require?

Edit #1: This can already make 5 attacks at 0 BAB.

Crescent knives attack twice each time you use them, with TWF that's 4 attacks right there. A braid blade can be added to the end of any full-attack at a -5 (-2 with 5 ranks in Tumble)

So the ABSOLUTE minimum is 5. I'm trying to find ways to legally work in the other weapons.

Edit #2: Forgot about special weapons restriction of FoB corrected for it.

Edit #3: Was informed of Armor Razors which after researching may be equipped simultaneously with Armor Spikes and act in much the same way but deal slashing damage instead of piercing.

Edit #4: I'm not looking for more limbs I'm looking for a way to turn a regular humanoid into the Tazmanian Devil
    Last edited by Naez; 2015-02-26 at 02:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: 15 Weapon Fighting

Two.

Quote Originally Posted by TWF rules
    If you wield a second weapon in your off hand, you can get one extra attack per round with that weapon.
    With multiweapon fighting, the amount of extra attacks are limited by how many arms you have, regardless of how many weapons you can wield. For two-armed creatures, the default is only being allowed a single off-hand weapon.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since everything except for the Unarmed strike is a manufactured weapon, I guess without extra feats you can do the number of iteratives allowed by your BAB and maybe an additional unarmed strike attack at BAB -5, if your DM sees it as a Natural Weapon.

OTOH it would be hard to actually find an unarmed part of your body to make the attack with
    Last edited by snailgosh; 2015-02-25 at 02:28 PM.
    Edit: typo

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Naez View Post
    What is the maximum number of attacks this could legally make as a full round action? What are the rules to doing so? And what feats would it require?
    The number of attacks you can make is not really determined by the number of weapons you are wielding. Regardless of how many weapons are strapped to your body, you have to choose one as your primary weapon, and if you're a humanoid with only two arms, you can only have one offhand weapon.

Now, there are some rules quibbles about switching your primary weapon between iterative attacks, which the rules tend to support. But once you select an offhand weapon, you're stuck with it as an offhand weapon for the rest of the round.

If you have three or more hands, you can get additional offhand attacks with Multi-Weapon Fighting, but the rules become a bit "dodgy", because the MWF feats weren't exactly ported over to 3.5 all that well. The basic MWF feat exists in the 3.5 MM, but the Improved/Greater MWF feats only appear in Savage Species (regarded as a "3.25" sourcebook) and the Divine section of the SRD (not considered by some to be a 3.5 "publication"). Even more troubling, the BAB requirements for Improved/Greater MWF were not updated to match the 3.5 version of TWF.

That being said... if you mean, can we build something that attacks with 15 different weapons... yes. It would look something like...

Anthropomorphic Giant Squid (8 arms) + Insectile Template (+4 arms)
    Girallon's blessing spell (+2 arms)
    Arms o' plenty spell (+2 arms)
    Dragon Tail/Prehensile Tail feats (+1 arm)

Or you could add a bunch of grafts. TWF OffHandbook Section IV: Helping Hands goes over several methods to add more arms.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Two.

With multiweapon fighting, the amount of extra attacks are limited by how many arms you have, regardless of how many weapons you can wield. For two-armed creatures, the default is only being allowed a single off-hand weapon.
    I believe the braid blade has wonky rules that would let you make a further attack with it.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I feel like there's a rule for some sort of tackling strike that allows use of all at once, but I can't remember if I'm thinking of 3.5 or something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Do not try a linear campaign, without some discussion with them. Players very often look at your hooks and then try to accomplish it in a different way, not touch it, try to do the complete opposite, or somehow set it on fire.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Someone's probably gonna beat me to this, but :

Iteratives+1, assuming normal humanoid. The MWF and TWF rules say that you have one main hand and the rest are off hands, and you get extra attacks with your off-hand weapons. This is entirely unrelated to whether the off-hand weapons are actually wielded in the hand or not (Heck, a greatsword main hand and a braid-blade offhand technically works, though the penalties would bite).

Note that some interpretations of what an UAS is would allow you to also use it as a secondary natural attack, in addition to the TWF/MWF you're doing.I personally don't use that interpretation, but some people do.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

Out of curiosity do you have the sources for those handy? I'm familiar with about half, but there's a number of different weapon types there I can't remember seeing before.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Out of curiosity do you have the sources for those handy? I'm familiar with about half, but there's a number of different weapon types there I can't remember seeing before.
    Braid blade is Dungeon Magazine 120

Knee Blades, Boot Blades, Sleeve Blades, Elbow Blades are all Complete Scoundrel

Crescent Knife is I believe Dragon Magazine 275

Spiked gauntlets and armor spikes are core

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Naez View Post
    Braid blade is Dungeon Magazine 120

Knee Blades, Boot Blades, Sleeve Blades, Elbow Blades are all Complete Scoundrel

Crescent Knife is I believe Dragon Magazine 275

Spiked gauntlets and armor spikes are core
    Thank you. I remembered Boot and Knee blades from CS, but didn't remember Sleeve/Elbow blades being there. Crescent Knife and Braid Blade are in older issues of dragon than I ever looked at, thanks for the reference on those.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Waddacku View Post
    I believe the braid blade has wonky rules that would let you make a further attack with it.
    The extra attack rule isn't wonky (on a full attack, braid blade is an extra attack made at -5, or -2 if you have X ranks in Tumble). What's wonky is there are no rules preventing a character from braiding on as many braid blades as they can carry, and getting infinity free attacks at -5, so most DMs restrict it to 1 blade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I seriously doubt most of those are special monk weapons. What you really want is to take martial monk for snap kick at level 1. (Dragon 310 I think)(Unless it doesn't qualify for Snap Kick, then don't even bother with Monk)
    Last edited by Karl Aegis; 2015-02-25 at 07:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Aegis View Post
    I seriously doubt most of those are special monk weapons. What you really want is to take martial monk for snap kick at level 1. (Dragon 310 I think)(Unless it doesn't qualify for Snap Kick, then don't even bother with Monk)
    It doesn't qualify. Martial Monk only gets to pick [Fighter] feats, and Snap Kick isn't one of them. There are exactly three [Fighter] feats in Tome of Battle; it's not a Fighter-friendly supplement.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Aegis View Post
    The important part of this, to the OP, is that you can't flurry with anything other than unarmed strikes and monk weapons. Since the weapons you are using aren't monk weapons, you can't flurry, so your example would grant you at most 5 attacks (assuming the Crescent Knife in the off-hand grants two attacks instead of one). You would need multi-weapon fighting to use all of those weapons, and that has a pre-requisite of more than two arms.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I think at this point what you really have is spiked armor. I know you want them to be specific weapons but once you put a pointy or sharp object on basically every single part of your body you end up with... spiked armor.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixV View Post
    I think at this point what you really have is spiked armor. I know you want them to be specific weapons but once you put a pointy or sharp object on basically every single part of your body you end up with... spiked armor.
    Which doesn't get you much in the way of extra attacks. It shouldn't either - yeah, you may have 15 weapons, but there's no particularly feasible way to actually use all of them. You just remained armed in a grapple and can probably convince just about any GM to give you a substantial circumstance bonus to escape artist checks.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of which, you forgot Armor Razors on your list (which are pretty much armor spikes, but slashing).

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Speaking of which, you forgot Armor Razors on your list (which are pretty much armor spikes, but slashing).
    Now all we need are armour clubs...
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Isn't that just called "unarmed strike"?

20. - Top - End - #20

Don't be ridiculous, an unarmed strike isn't attached to your armour.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

If you're really looking to maximize the number of attacks per round, you'd need the Lightning Mace feat (from Complete Warrior). Given an opponent with sufficient damage reduction, you could theoretically be attacking him forever (as long as you keep rolling critical threats).

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Don't be ridiculous, an unarmed strike isn't attached to your armour.
    Sovereign Glue some monks to your armor, then.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Does the armor take a penalty for not being proficient with Monks? Or is a Monk one of the special Armor weapons?
    Last edited by Telonius; 2015-02-26 at 01:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Now all we need are armour clubs...
    Albeit the above discussion is funnier, even the PHB has rules for gauntlets... Which are essentially bludgeoning weapons attached to your armor. My, they may even be used during a grapple.

Now, the question becomes what happens when you use gauntlets like armor spikes instead of putting them on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Joestar (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
    OH! MY! GOD!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Anthropomorphic Giant Squid (8 arms) + Insectile Template (+4 arms)
    Girallon's blessing spell (+2 arms)
    Arms o' plenty spell (+2 arms)
    Dragon Tail/Prehensile Tail feats (+1 arm)
    I don't think insectile grants extra attacks, but I'm AFB right now. Try Obah-Blessed from dungeon 136, has a +2 LA version that gives 2 extra arms, and a +3 template for 4 extra arms. Both versions of the template also grant Multiweapon Fighting and some other bonuses.
    Last edited by Deadasadoor; 2015-02-26 at 02:18 PM.
    Spoiler: Build Competitions/Medals
    Show
    LX: Bronze. Krad, the Mad Strangler.
    LXII: Nebbercracker
    LXIII: LOCKDOWN Unit 4456: Honorable Mention
    LXIV: Gold. Xel'Dek, Scourge of the Underdark
    LXVI: Bronze. Sergeant Hammer
    Junkyard Wars X: Bronze. Master Lee

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadasadoor View Post
    I don't think insectile grants extra attacks, but I'm AFB right now.
    It explicitly doesn't grant additional attacks. But it does grant extra hands, and that's what Multi-Weapon Fighting cares about, as the number of your offhand attacks is set to (number of hands - 1).

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    It explicitly doesn't grant additional attacks. But it does grant extra hands, and that's what Multi-Weapon Fighting cares about, as the number of your offhand attacks is set to (number of hands - 1).
    Ah, bad interpretation on my part. I always wondered why someone would ever take insectile if the arms didn't give extra attacks, even with MWF. For even more arms, and going with the insect theme, Fang of Lolth from Song and Silence. Grants 4 more spider limbs, which explicitly work with MWF. However, that's a 9 level investment at minimum. This character would look more like a Chiwidencha then a humanoid at that point.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by VariSami View Post
    Albeit the above discussion is funnier, even the PHB has rules for gauntlets... Which are essentially bludgeoning weapons attached to your armor.
    Gauntlets can't be used when your hands are busy (whether with a weapon or carrying something). When it comes to armour spikes, I can hold a halfling in each hand and still boogie my way through combat by attacking exclusively with my butt.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Gauntlets can't be used when your hands are busy (whether with a weapon or carrying something). When it comes to armour spikes, I can hold a halfling in each hand and still boogie my way through combat by attacking exclusively with my butt.
    Immature as at is, I now want to concept a Goliath Barbarian who wields Halflings and attacks with his butt-spikes.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Your mount might take issue with that particular spiky area. The way armor spikes were traditionally used, there were some obvious gaps in the coverage.