New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: St Ambrose School for the Extraordinary II: The Adventure Continues

Meta snarls and moves to stop the lions before they do any more harm.

Good thing Prismatica's here...

Spoiler: Lion punching!
    Show
    Assuming generic lions are minions, if not I'll roll in the OOC, If they are then taking ten to Hundred crack fist-takedown the lot of them.
    The attempted return!

Nexus Character: Ary

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Well, I was counting on you for someone. If you don't have a spare character, I start to get worried.
    Here're a bunch of old avatars made for me
    Spoiler
    Show

Sig space limited so credits to the creators of my avatars

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

"It's a public zoo, not exactly hard to get into."

Darby eyes the girl's weapon.

"Nice crossbow. Why a crossbow instead of a gun, though? Is it like, part of a motif?"

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Mockingbird: Quiet on my end; need any help? Found something like a cpmputer room, rings any bells?
    Replying in chat, Megan carefully placed the magnetic end of the Buzzer on the door and, steppind away, pulled on it. In the off-chance of the door being a) unlocked, and b) trapped, she wante4d to take precautions.
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Platformer

The boy in the lab coat throws up his arm to block the umbrella, which does little bar spitting out a pair of tiny winged sneakers [FLYER] and knocking the blonde boy's sandwich to the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch
    Adonis fails his Toughness Save by 1 degree and takes a bruise
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to try and work out what the umbrella actually does roll INT or an appropriate Expertise

Reaching in to the inside of his lab coat he retrieves a small syringe filled with a clear liquid and lunges towards Platformer.

Platformer make a DC20 Toughness check and if that fails a DC20 Fortitude save vs Cumulative Progressive Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep
    Metakirb

The pride goes down in a flurry of punches leaving the hostages injured but safe, for now.

"We gotta get these guys to a hospital or an ambulance or something fast!" The shaken camera man says.

Prismatica

"Uh...thanks..." The girl responds, not used to having people she's pointing weapons at make small talk.

"Look, you have to leave now. If Harriet finds out you're here..."

Mockingbird

The door easily swings open and what a sight it is. Inside countless sprites scurry and flicker along the book cases, over the walls and across the bed, plumbers and dragons and heroes of every stripe there one second and gone the next to the digital cacophony you heard on the other side of the door. Sitting in the centre of all this cross legged on the floor and controller in hand is Kevin (albeit a blonde haired Kevin), turning his head as he sees the door open he smiles. "Hi Megan. I'm nearly at the save point, want me to grab something for two players?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

"H-Hi..." Mockingbird replies slowly, partially because she's genuinely surprised, partly to buy herself several seconds to send an update into chat:
    Mockinbird: Correction. Found anti-you... oyu should see it. No signs of your parents yet, though...
    "Are..." she pauses again, deciding on the next words. Your parents would imply she admits the double being real, and... for some reason that doesn't sit well with Megan, but Kevin's parents didn't sound quite right either... "Are Mr. and Mrs. Matthews home?"

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

6. - Top - End - #186

There's a girl here with me, she can fix them. We get them to her and they'll be fine.

He moves to carefully pick up the hostages.

Are you alright? One of them went for you.
    The attempted return!

Well, I was counting on you for someone. If you don't have a spare character, I start to get worried.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

The needle caught Platformer right in the chest, just above the heart.

And stopped cold.

Kevin just gave the kid a flat, unamused stare and waved his hand through the Flyer to collect it. In an instant, he was in costume, though of course the iconography had changed some. The cape was the same golden color as the one from Super Mario World and depicted scenes of video game heroes in flight. The hat had little wings coming from it. The staff had sky-like runes on it - clouds, stars, suns, moons, little tornadoes, blowing leaves, birds, etc. The rope and hat were sky blue. And the hovering nametag read:

Platformer
    Flying Brick

Kevin tossed the umbrella aside, took up his staff in both hands, and swung it hard (right for that handsome face, too; Kevin's in a slightly vengeful mood at the moment, in case it wasn't clear), pouring his will and magic down its length.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Collect the Flyer. Yay for being mobile while keeping the Chat up!

Standard Action: Special Attack on Adonis (NPCs that carry Power Ups earn the right to be called by their real names ), All Out Attack for 5, Power Attack for 2, at (1d20+11)[24]. On a hit, Toughness DC 25 vs. Damage, Will DC 20 vs. Impaired+Vulnerable/Disabled+Defenseless Affliction, and Acrobatics or Athletics DC 20 vs. Move Object used as a Trip attempt.

Power Up Chance: (1d20)[6].

Current Status: -5 Defense this turn.

Current Power Up: Flyer (Flight 10).

Platformer: Double-teaming him seemed effective last time.
    Platformer: But if it turns to a fight before I finish up the light work, do me a favor and zap him really, really hard, will you?
    Some people might have, I dunno, worried or something if their best friend, an unpowered teenaged acrobat, was alone facing a reality-warping mimic who very plausibly had all of their own powers.

Kevin was just worried he might not get a chance to punch the freak in the face.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

"Is Harriet the one causing all the trouble? 'Cause that's kinda not cool."

And then Darby hears the screams.

"Really, really not cool. You're right, I should go. Hey, stick around though, alright? You seem okay, it'd suck if you got wrapped up in all this. I'll be right back."

And in a blinding rainbow flash, Darby is gone. She arrives at the Lion Enclosure seconds later, just as the camera man speaks.

"I've got this," declares Prismatica, sealing the hostages up in a big rainbow box, "kick her ass, Meta!"
    Last edited by Rokku; 2015-04-14 at 03:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Mockingbird

"I think they went to the store." He replies, hitting pause and getting up to search for another game. He brushes a warring mob of tiny blue and red soldiers off his bookshelf.

"Is that important?"

Platformer

"My face!" The boy yells, though this is somewhat muffled by the floor. "You're gonna pay for that!"

Adonis fails is Toughness Save by 3 degrees takes a bruise and is staggered, fails is Will Save by 2 degrees is Disabled&Defenseless and fails his Acrobatics check and is Tripped
    When he gets up his eye is visibly swollen though shrinking fast. He unsteadily sways on his feet causing his labcoat to fly open as he tries to find the right syringe from the myriad selection that line it.

Metakirb/Platformer

The girl squeaks in surprise as Darby changes, reflexively squeezing the trigger but managing only to imbed a bolt in to the bench behind her.

"Hey! Come back!" she shouts as she chases after her, though she can't match Prismatica's speed and is quickly left behind.

After the hostages are safely within the box Harriet's voice echoes through the air, projected by the Zoo's tannoy system.

"This how you want to play it you cheating little @$%!!? Don't think I can't see your little litebrite friend on the security cams. Oh and Mallia? You were supposed to take out any stragglers! When I get my hands on you, you're shoes. Now where was I? Oh yeah, remember what I said would happen if I saw anyone else? You might have my bait but I heard this place has just had a real special arrival so I guess I can make do."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

"Protip: When you come back to make me pay for it, leave my parents out of it!" Kevin returned, before smashing him in the head once more with his staff.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: If Adonis hasn't made his Will save to throw off the Affliction, a Strike should be fine. All Out Attack for 5, Power Attack for 2, Finishing Attack (not with intent to kill) at (1d20+11)[21]. On a hit vs. Defenseless DC of 10, Toughness DC 30 vs. Damage due to Finishing Attack auto-crit.

If he did succeed his recovery check, make it another Special Attack instead. Same roll but against his normal Defense, and a hit will be Toughness DC 25 vs. Damage, Will DC 20 vs. Impaired+Vulnerable/Disabled+Defenseless Affliction, Athletics or Acrobatics DC 20 vs. Move Object Trip.

Move Action: If he doesn't go down, fly back a bit so he'd have to move if he wants to get into Close range.

Power Up Chance: (1d20)[19].

Current Status: -5 Defense this turn.

Current Power Up: Flyer (Flight 10).

Also, Kevin could not have learned All Out Attack at a more opportune time .
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

11. - Top - End - #191

With a loud roar Meta takes to the sky, flying in the direction he launched Harriet and trying to find where she's gone from there.
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't worry everyone," says Prismatica "I'll have you to the hospital in seconds!"

The Princess of Rainbows lifts off, bringing the 'bait' with her as she rockets to the nearest ER.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

"Shopping, really? Not, like, kidnapped by some supervillains? Because that's, you know, important. Because, well, I know you're not Kevin Matthews... palette swap makes it kinda obvious. But that in itself isn't a crime, so... as long as real Kevin's parents are fine, I could probably stop him from going all-out on you. Otherwise, though..."

Extended signature

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Platformer

Adonis stumbles backwards and clutches the point where Platformer struck, driven back by the force of his blow. He doesn't manage to take more than a few steps before he hits a small raised step and hits the ground. Hard.

Adonis fails his Toughness Save by 4 degrees and is incapacitated
    Metakirb

From up in the air its easy enough to spot a hole in the roof of an small building on the Zoo's grounds over Harriet's probable flight path.

Prismatica

Even taking in to account the comfort of her passengers the speeds she's capable of will get her to the hospital in no time flat and as luck would have it they're already prepared to receive them having been watching the confrontation on Channel Seven.

"Thank you for getting them here so quickly." The doctor says as they're moved on to gurneys at the hospital's entrance.

Mockingbird

For a split second the whole room is silent and then Glitch is mere inches away from Mockingbird's face. The whimsical sprites that previously occupied the room are nowhere to be seen and instead the whole room is now in complete disarray, the bookcase overturned, its contents scattered all on the floor and the bed flipped on its side.

"Not Kevin?"
    The doppleganger repeats, his eye twitching slightly.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Platformer: Hostile neutralized. Heading your way.
    Kevin retrieved the umbrella, took Adonis's labcoat full of needles and things and tossed it on over his robe, hit a brief menu pause to see if he could use what he knew to figure out what the devices might do, and then went back to the Chat and continued on, heading for the room Megan had indicated previously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Int to figure out the umbrella: (1d20+10)[21].

Int (eh, Expertise Science more likely) to figure out the needles: (1d20+10)[28].
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2015-04-20 at 03:17 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

16. - Top - End - #196

Meta lands on the roof of said building.

You know you're really overcomplicating the whole revenge thing. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with "I want a rematch".
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Prismatica waves politely before shooting back off to the zoo, looking for the snake-haired girl.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Mockingbird: Make haste... we have a plot twist here.
    "You really don't remember, do you? About that time in the museum..."
    Last edited by jamieth; 2015-04-20 at 01:19 AM.

Extended signature

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Metakirb

There's no response form inside the building, if Meta choose to look through the hole in the ceiling he'll find a mobile phone propped up against a microphone. A cursory glance of the security monitors in the room will show Harriet waving at the camera on a monitor labelled 'Pandas'.

"I'm waiting." comes the message from the phone.

Prismatica

The snake-haired girl is pretty much where she left her, Harriet's threat of turning her in to footwear having sent her in to something of a panic. Upon spotting the Princess of Rainbows, she this time draws a pair of crossbows the nest of serpents on her head hissing angrily towards her.

"You shouldn't have come back...!"

Mockingbird

"Of course I remember, we broke in to the museum to find the Staff...but the Adventurer's sent us to stop the break in and then I..." he stumbles back from Mockingbird clutching his head, the clashing memories almost physically painful for the confused doppelganger. All of a sudden the floor beneath their feet vanishes, Glitch lashing out in a fit of reality bending mania and accidentally disintegrating it, dropping himself and Mockingbird to the floor bellow.

((Now I was going to ask for a save but checking the falling rules Megan has a less than zero chance of failure thanks to Skill Mastery))

Platformer

About halfway up the stairs you hear a loud thud coming from the kitchen.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Kevin briefly halted, hearing the thump. It might have been another potential opponent...or it might have been his parents making noise as they tried to escape some form of binding. Megan had said to make haste, but because there was a plot twist, not because, say, she was soloing a boss fight. It probably wasn't urgent. Or no more so than the situation in general, anyway.

Platformer: Just heard something suspicious, going to investigate it real quick.
    He turned and headed back for the kitchen.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

21. - Top - End - #201

Now if Meta was a human, or had grown up in a human settlement, he might actually know what a panda was, how cute they might look and their endangered status. But Meta did not, so he had no idea what Harriet was trying to get at, regardless he flies out through the roof and makes his way to the panda exhibit.
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

"Maybe not, but you kinda seemed too nice to be working for that crazy Harriet chick," says Prismatica, "and I figure Metakirb can handle her on his own as long as she doesn't take any more hostages. So I figured we could talk. Your job's to keep anyone from backing him up right? As long as I hang out here, you're doing your job. So why don't we just hang out for a bit?"

Spoiler: Persuasion
    Show
    (1d20+9)[25] Dunno if I get my Attractive bonus so I didn't add it in.
    Last edited by Rokku; 2015-04-20 at 08:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

"Calm down, calm down!" Megan calls out as she lands softly, "It's obvious your powers went astray, that happens! Maybe if we knew where Mrs. Matthews really is, we culd ask her to check you!"

Extended signature

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Metakirb

The panda enclosure is a small concrete area filled with straw and bamboo, a door at the back leading in to the much large outdoor area that the animals spend most of their time in. Seeing Meta, Harriet gets up off of the unmoving bear she's been sitting on, whipping the fresh blood around her mouth on to the back of her arm and belching loudly. Behind her stands a figure in wearing the same uniform as the one from the museum bizarrely with an enormous pair of red lips in place of a head, in its hands rests the zoo's new arrival.

"Finally! You ever kill a bear before? Adrenaline, endorphins, hell of a rush. Who knew working my way through the endangered species list would be so much? Any funny stuff this time and my friend munches the baby, capisce?"

Prismatica

The girl slowly lowers both her weapons, holstering one to free a hand to calm her hair down.

"Okay but if anyone asks I bit you okay?"

Platformer & Mockingbird

Mockingbird and Glitch are the surprise waiting for Platformer in the kitchen, along with all of his stuff, also the ceiling is missing. Upon seeing him Glitch freezes up, staring at Platformer like a deer in headlights.

"Who are you?"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Kevin got to the kitchen and just, kinda...stopped. The tranquil fury that had been driving him slammed into a wall of confusion as he beheld the scene.

Did they...what...Mortal Kombat his bedroom into the kitchen?

But then...why weren't they fighting?

And what did he mean "who are you?"

He glanced to Megan, a befuddled expression on his face, shifted his gaze to Glitch, then looked back to Megan. "Plot twist?" he asked, deadpan.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

26. - Top - End - #206

Seriously. "I want a rematch" is much easier.
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

"Sure, no problem. So how'd you end up with this Harriet chick anyway? She's not really bff material, y'know? Seems like you could do better."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

"Plot twist", Megan nods, "It seems he didn't only got your powers that time in the museum, but your memory as well... and it kinda... stick? Anyway, we actually talked nicely...I wanted your mom to look at him, once we, you know... find them..."

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Metakirb

Harriet just sort of stares at him flatly.

"You're just...no fun at all are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Initiative
    Harriet Hyde: 16
    Prismatica

The girl looks around nervously, like Harriet could appear at any minute.

"She's in my dorm." She replies "If I didn't help with her plan she said she was going to pull out my snakes and feed them to me, I didn't have a choice."

Platformer & Mockingbird

Apparently being ignored Glitch asks again, this time his voice amplified to a loud electronic shriek, if there were still other people on the street they would certainly have heard it.

"Who are you?!"

As the words leave his mouth Platformer's POV starts to go haywire, flitting between first and third person seemingly at random.

Platformer's powers with the reality warping descriptor are now Uncontrollable take a Hero Point

30. - Top - End - #210

So people tell me.

And with that he once again drops into his combat stance.

The other guy planning on joining in? Or are you gonna keep this one on one?

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[7]
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show