New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica WW

How did you ignore the content of my post while also quoting it?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

I think what we have is a breakdown in communication. Was your second post (I meant to quote the first) meant to clarify that the push did not exist? Because that is not how I read it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Did you notice my question Logic?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Spaceman98
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    I find it a little strange that the fact that I have a townread is being seen as PIS. I didn't say I know that Deathslayer is town. What was different about my read that came off that way?
    It was completely, utterly unprompted, for one thing

Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Luizeu View Post
    To me some behaviors are more telling than others. I'm much more worried about people not posting on day one or not even voting.
    I can see some scenarios shaping up:

1)Toasters are piling up on Duck and will later use the "First Day" excuse on it.
    2)Villagers blindly piling on Duck ( another Villager)
    3)Duck is a villager and Toasters are trying to promote a bandwagon on a Toaster (Spaceman) to get some credit later on.
    4)Duck is a toaster and is trying to start a bandwagon on another toaster to get some credit later on the game
    5) Duck is a toaster and is trying to start a bandwagon on a villager and use the "First day" excuse
    6) Duck is a toaster and is trying to throw himself under the bus to give credit to his fellow toasters.

Having said that, I'd rather stay out of today's dispute. My vote was already cast on someone else.
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents

is the post for which everyone is pilling on Luizeu. I have to admit, its rather lackluster, as it basically lists out all possible possibilities with no further commentary. That said, I can see a townie doing that, in a (failed) attempt to get a better picture of what's going on.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I think what we have is a breakdown in communication. Was your second post (I meant to quote the first) meant to clarify that the push did not exist? Because that is not how I read it.
    Yes. At least by nobody other than you. Which doesn't make it much of a push even if it was one. On the other hand, still could be. There are only two active Microwaves afterall, would be hard for theoretically also microwave Tanar or unknown even to themselves microwaves to push with you.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-03-24 at 03:12 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you notice my question Logic?
    I had to look again, as I remembered questions addressed to others, and somehow missed the later one addressed to me.

It was general agreement about Luizeu's post. I had filed it away as important later, but didn't think it was telling until someone else pointed it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman98 View Post

Here

is the post for which everyone is pilling on Luizeu. I have to admit, its rather lackluster, as it basically lists out all possible possibilities with no further commentary. That said, I can see a townie doing that, in a (failed) attempt to get a better picture of what's going on.
    Tanar always gives his opinions on townreads, friend or foe. I'd be far more suspicious of a Tanar that doesn't make a town read claim early over one that gives a town read for a known toaster.
    Last edited by Logic; 2015-03-24 at 03:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Halfling in the Playground

Good morning to you guys, too.
    Funny thing, for having participated I am more suspicious than people who skipped one whole day.
    So, the comment was not so bright. I get that. There's only so much one person can do on day one. If I had only voted on Ramsus that would have been the endo of it.
    I've thought about trying to defend myself, point fingers and all that, but you know...
    If one attempt of trying to help is all that takes for a bandwagon. I have nothing to say.
    I'll go with Gray Mage
    Last edited by Luizeu; 2015-03-25 at 07:47 PM.
    Darn it Whisper !

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

I found a post by Ramsus that peeked my interest...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That is my default assumption for people I don't know particularly well who blatantly ignore clear instructions that were repeated and show any indication of having noticed the rule they violated and then not simply editing their posts to conform to said rules.

That said, I was really doing it more as a half-joke for a lead in to the last little jest in the post. I don't honestly think it's worth spending a lot of time on.
    I'm pretty sure telling people not to notice a post is wolfish behavior.

Ramsus
    I made my name too long, so just call me "AsteronI."

Spoiler: WW story
    Show
    About to die as wolf.
    Claims mason.
    Gets counter-claimed
    Baner dies by auto-lynch

9. - Top - End - #189
    Spaceman98
    Guest in the Playground

I'll go with unvote:vote:Ramsus to provide a counterwagon

@Luizeu: Why Gray Mage?

10. - Top - End - #190

Funny thing, for having participated I am more suspicious than people who skipped one whole day.
    So, the comment was not so bright. I get that. There's only so much one person can do on day one. If I had only voted on Ramsus that would have been the endo of it.
    I've thought about trying to defend myself, point fingers and all that, but you know...
    If one attempt of trying to help is all that takes for a bandwagon. I have nothing to say.
    I'll go with Gray Mage
    Hmm, I think I see Spaceman's point about how it could easily come from a towny. I also don't really have any better leads at the moment. (Except one which I can't talk about yet.) As for this Gray Mage vote here, Gray Mage has become inactive elsewhere on the site, so your vote is best placed elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteronIronhoof View Post
    I found a post by Ramsus that peeked my interest...

I'm pretty sure telling people not to notice a post is wolfish behavior.

Ramsus
    Except that's not what Ramsus is doing. He was saying that the discussion about using the word "scum" and not noticing Lex Kat's instructions was not worth much discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Ninja'd
    I'll go with unvote:vote:Ramsus to provide a counterwagon

@Luizeu: Why Gray Mage?
    So, you agree with the reasoning there?

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

I'll go with Gray Mage
    Bold provided by me. I'll assume you meant end, not endo which wouldn't make much sense in this context (and before just now I didn't know was even a word at all). I'm assuming by that that you're saying "if I had just not attempted to contribute and voted for a random person I'd have been left alone"?

About Asteron & Spaceman: So we clearly have one of two things here. People who aren't paying nearly enough attention or people wildly flailing about for any reason to target someone. In Asteron's case it's by itself obviously walletish behavior or at least warrants us lynching them before someone who can actually be bothered to look at context and won't be easily lead by the nose by the wallets. In Spaceman's case it mostly just seems like they're really not paying any attention at all to much of anything and just hopping on wagons. The question is if this is because they're busy/apathetic or if they're trying to go unnoticed.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-03-24 at 01:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Bold provided by me. I'll assume you meant end, not endo which wouldn't make much sense in this context (and before just now I didn't know was even a word at all). I'm assuming by that that you're saying "if I had just not attempted to contribute and voted for a random person I'd have been left alone"?

About Asteron & Spaceman: So we clearly have one of two things here. People who aren't paying nearly enough attention or people wildly flailing about for any reason to target someone. In Asteron's case it's by itself obviously walletish behavior or at least warrants us lynching them before someone who can actually be bothered to look at context and won't be easily lead by the nose by the wallets. In Spaceman's case it mostly just seems like they're really not paying any attention at all to much of anything and just hopping on wagons. The question is if this is because they're busy/apathetic or if they're trying to go unnoticed.
    Here is the post that you were refering to.
    I kind of want to vote for Duck and Visor.

Duck because yeah it's kinda of fishy to go out of your way early in the phase to point out you're not voting on day 1 right now to avoid being suspicious. Even if not a real Mat-tel(l) (because we're making up new terms now apparently), it's certainly weird behavior we don't want people repeating on later days.

Visor because they went out of their way to put the term scum in their post, after the narrator went through the trouble of asking every single one of us in our Role PMs and said it again in the game start post that they wanted us to not use the term, when they could have just not put it in at all. Just comes off as thumbing their nose at the narrator and anyone who agrees with them. Which would be in bad taste but like ok-ish sorta a bit kinda if we didn't have two perfectly good threads for discussing that kind of meta topic.

But apparently voting for meta-reasons even on day 1 "isn't classy" so I guess I'll switch my vote to Duck. HMPH!
    Every post has to be reviewed, whether the poster thinks it should be or not. You never know what little detail you may find.
    I made my name too long, so just call me "AsteronI."

Spoiler: WW story
    Show
    About to die as wolf.
    Claims mason.
    Gets counter-claimed
    Baner dies by auto-lynch

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

You quoting my posts without actually saying anything isn't improving your chances of not being a belt.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Zack
    Guest in the Playground

Vote: Logic

I would say gut feeling, but I think that's the burrito I had for lunch.

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Vote: Logic

I would say gut feeling, but I think that's the burrito I had for lunch.
    If it's about supporting me as town for town credit or something like that, I can affirm that the times I have been a wolf, I have played pretty terribly, so I can see town Logic seeing me as town. Sprig, who was my partner last time I was a wolf can probably confirm this.

If you think we're toaster buddies, all I can say to that is that I'm not a toaster.

If it's something else I'd like to hear what that is.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Spaceman98
    Guest in the Playground

You guys do realize that its in the interests of townies to avoid townies getting lynched right? So if someone has a reason to think that one of the accused is town, it is pro-town for them to come forward and say so.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

What an interesting way to dodge a question Spaceman. However I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in hearing your answer to the question Tanar asked you, so you're not getting off the hook that easy.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Spaceman98
    Guest in the Playground

Hmm, I think I see Spaceman's point about how it could easily come from a towny. I also don't really have any better leads at the moment. (Except one which I can't talk about yet.) As for this Gray Mage vote here, Gray Mage has become inactive elsewhere on the site, so your vote is best placed elsewhere.

Except that's not what Ramsus is doing. He was saying that the discussion about using the word "scum" and not noticing Lex Kat's instructions was not worth much discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Ninja'd

So, you agree with the reasoning there?
    Ah, this question: well, of course I find the reasoning at least slightly convincing, otherwise I wouldn't have made that vote.

My last post wasn't an attempt to dodge the question, it was a response to Zack wrt Logic.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Yeah nah... The only thing in its favour is that it was day one. It is typical of a content filler post. One that I would have look long and hard at had it been another day. Townies don't really need town cred nor worry about bolstering it.

You guys do realize that its in the interests of townies to avoid townies getting lynched right? So if someone has a reason to think that one of the accused is town, it is pro-town for them to come forward and say so.
    Your own content filler post. Little better than to say we need to lynch the toasters. As for the last part... This is not always true. I shouldn't have to spell out why.

I am still building a picture of Spaceman98's actions but for now he is an acceptable alternative.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Halfling in the Playground

biggrin Re: Battlestar Galactica WW

You are only voted if you are remembered. And the only way to be remembered is by posting anything. I've seen some games where I usually play and I found this to be 55% - 60% true. Usually, wolves have a tendency of keeping a low profile on the begining of games.

I know this is not a rule and there are cases and cases, but I've been successful before. So, that's the reason why I chose Gray Mage. He was one of the three that didn't post anything on Day 1.

Hmm, I think I see Spaceman's point about how it could easily come from a towny. I also don't really have any better leads at the moment. (Except one which I can't talk about yet.) As for this Gray Mage vote here, Gray Mage has become inactive elsewhere on the site, so your vote is best placed elsewhere..
    Where can I find confirmation about Gary Mage becoming inactive?

You're right. That's what I meant. I missed a typo. Nice it helped you learn something

typos again
    Last edited by Luizeu; 2015-03-24 at 05:21 PM.
    Darn it Whisper !

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

I'll join you Sprig and switch to Spaceman98 given that last post where he doesn't actually answer the question and essentially tries to force the work of giving a real answer onto the reader instead.

The case against Leizu is fairly weak compared to Spaceman and Asteron's behavior today. I'm actually surprised to have potential lynches I feel as good about as those two on day 2.

Edit: About Gray Mage, he's been inactive in the game I'm running too, so I don't think he's just playing at being inactive here but is actually not around.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-03-24 at 05:27 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

If it's about supporting me as town for town credit or something like that, I can affirm that the times I have been a wolf, I have played pretty terribly, so I can see town Logic seeing me as town. Sprig, who was my partner last time I was a wolf can probably confirm this.
    ???
    I wouldn't say you played poorly, just ended up un-intentionally drawing attention to yourself. It happens even to the best of us.

While you have certainly grown on me as a player. I would be pretty wary of affirming your behavior after only half a dozen games together. You are more active than usual and I place high value on activity so that's in your favour.

- - - Updated - - -

You are only voted if you are remembered. And the only way to be remembered is by posting anything. I've seen some games where I usually play and I found this to be 55% - 60% true. Usually, wolves have a tendency of keeping a low profile on the begining of games.

I know this is not a rule and there are cases and cases, but I've been successful before. So, that's the reason why I chose Gray Mage. He was one of the three that didn't post anything on Day 1.

Where can I find confirmation about Gary Mage becoming inactive?
    Click on the players name and select profile.

Dunno about Gary Mage :P but Grey Mage's last activity was "Today 02:50 AM"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Spaceman98
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
    Yeah nah... The only thing in its favour is that it was day one. It is typical of a content filler post. One that I would have look long and hard at had it been another day. Townies don't really need town cred nor worry about bolstering it.

Your own content filler post. Little better than to say we need to lynch the toasters. As for the last part... This is not always true. I shouldn't have to spell out why.

I am still building a picture of Spaceman98's actions but for now he is an acceptable alternative.

I'll join you Sprig and switch to Spaceman98 given that last post where he doesn't actually answer the question and essentially tries to force the work of giving a real answer onto the reader instead.

The case against Leizu is fairly weak compared to Spaceman and Asteron's behavior today. I'm actually surprised to have potential lynches I feel as good about as those two on day 2.

Edit: About Gray Mage, he's been inactive in the game I'm running too, so I don't think he's just playing at being inactive here but is actually not around.
    My point, which both of you have missed, was that going after Logic for explaining why Tanar probably isn't a toaster isn't justified at this stage. Its pro-town to prevent the lynch of a townie (in most circumstances) and that is precisely what logic is doing. That's hardly filler.

I answered Tanar's/your question: Yes, the case in Asteron's post was convincing to me. Though Ramsus, to your credit, you are contributing genuine content. It just happens to be mistaken.

???
    I wouldn't say you played poorly, just ended up un-intentionally drawing attention to yourself. It happens even to the best of us.

While you have certainly grown on me as a player. I would be pretty wary of affirming your behavior after only half a dozen games together. You are more active than usual and I place high value on activity so that's in your favour.

- - - Updated - - -

Click on the players name and select profile.

Dunno about Gary Mage :P but Grey Mage's last activity was "Today 02:50 AM"
    Today at 2:50 AM eh? That's rather recent. I know I've previously said that going after inactives is probably a dead end (and it very well might be), but after the Darth Feather incident, I'm not taking any chances. unvote: vote: Gray Mage, speak now or forever hold your peace.

24. - Top - End - #204

Ah, this question: well, of course I find the reasoning at least slightly convincing, otherwise I wouldn't have made that vote.

My last post wasn't an attempt to dodge the question, it was a response to Zack wrt Logic.
    I find the reasoning completely unreasonable. All Ramsus was doing was saying there's no need to discuss the whole "Visor said 'scum'" thing any further. Not, don't look at these posts.
    When someone doesn't even post, often that leads to them being replaced or autolynched, so they aren't really worth a lynch imo. You should look for someone else to vote. It seems though that Gray Mage is on today so we may see a post from him soon.
    ???

Alright, I was just wondering if you could see where Logic was coming from.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Spaceman98
    Guest in the Playground

Its actually "Today 04:27 PM" as of now, so he's checking fairly frequently

26. - Top - End - #206
    Zack
    Guest in the Playground

My point, which both of you have missed, was that going after Logic for explaining why Tanar probably isn't a toaster isn't justified at this stage. Its pro-town to prevent the lynch of a townie (in most circumstances) and that is precisely what logic is doing. That's hardly filler.
    (bold mine)

Why are you so sure Tanar is town? You're speaking as if it's a certainty.

27. - Top - End - #207

I got ninja'd.
    Edit: ninjas everywhere

- - - Updated - - -

I just sent Gray Mage a PM.
    Last edited by Tris; 2015-03-24 at 06:52 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I'll go with Spaceman98 again
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    I'll go with Spaceman98 again
    I'm not completely convinced by this wagon. I do disagree about Ramsus, but I wouldn't say he's a toaster at this point. Why do you support the wagon?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Spaceman98
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    (bold mine)

Why are you so sure Tanar is town? You're speaking as if it's a certainty.
    Based on the arguments put forward by Sprig and Logic. Granted, neither of them is inerrant or trustworthy, and Tanar could be a toaster, he's just less likely than average to be a toaster.

Also, the point I'm making is that if Logic thinks Tanar is town, and there is an amassing wagon on Tanar (which I started BTW so don't say that I haven't doubted Tanar's innocence), it makes sense to say that he is likely town.