Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 526
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    niks97cobra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    The 27th of the Month of Change, 125 N.R.
    Your first couple of days in town are spent relaxing, shopping, drinking, or whatever else your heart desires. Spitfire quickly changes the theme of the local midfest to be in your honor. Saviors of the jungle people, she calls you. The three of you quickly become local celebrities. The festival is three days of merriment and joy. Games of sword play, musicals, theatre, jousting, polo, and all other forms of contest fill up the mid month's festival. However, the fun only lasts so long.

    On this morning, you have been asked to Spitfire's meeting hall. Time to get back to business. Joining the surviving three, is a gnome wizard, who sports the cloak of the Flame. You've seen the gnome around (and vice versa), but this is the first chance to speak.

    "You have had your day to shine, now it is my time. I have many ambassadors arriving in the next day or two from the tribes in the jungles. I will be attending the Pickled Pigs Feet Festival in Padonthia City, with those ambassadors. I intend to take a gift of Collura wine*. The last bottles are in the cellars of the Collura estate. Empty those cellars for me."

    The dragon looks around, awaiting the onslaught of questions, after being short, and to the point as she always is.

    * Collura Wine: Anyone that has spent any reasonable amount of time in the area will have heard of Collura wine. Collura wine comes from a vineyard of the same name. The vineyard fell during the cataclysm, eventually over run by all kinds of creatures throughout the years. The vineyard is about a single day ride from Hot Springs.
    Last edited by niks97cobra; 2015-03-02 at 07:10 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: Spitefire's Flame: Part 2

    Collura wine? That would be difficult to get. And Spitfire only intended it to be a simple gift. While Blightmist could understand going out of your way to be kind to the tribes of the jungle after the devastation they'd caused, he wasn't sure they would appreciate the gift for anything but it's quality. If all they wanted was an item of great quality there were other beverages they could obtain.

    "Lady Spitfire, does this wine have some significance to the tribes that are arriving?" the arcanni asked as he kneeled respectfully before the dragon. "If not wouldn't it be better to get a high quality of wine that is easier to obtain? I could even make up the difference by cutting some recreational herbs. They're delivered by smoke rather than by wine, but I'm sure they would appreciate it."

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitefire's Flame: Part 2

    Luna loosens her new sword in her new sheath. Luna considers answering Blights question, slightly worried he was about to remove the assignment and the pay along with it. In the end she chose against it, Spitfire is usually adamant in her decisions.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Foodle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitefire's Flame: Part 2

    Drask - 55/55hp - 17AC

    "Were there any other wine cellars they might have kept?" the bronze dragonborn inquires. "That estate was quite famous, a likely target for looters or a crew hired by a wealthy businessmen. The task sounds simple enough, but the main building might be empty," he explains.
    DMing
    Part II: Search for the Tower (5e)
    OOC / IC / Tracker / Map

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    niks97cobra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    "The wine is not for the tribesman. The wine is for the senators. They will not be impressed with your foreign herbs. Collura wine is the finest, rarest wine there is. None have been made since before the cataclysm. If there is no wine in the cellars, hopefully you can find some ledgers saying where they may have stored more. Either way, checking out the estate will be the best starting place. You faced and survived the jungles, and now you are scared of an old, run down estate with some squatters in it?"

    She gives you all the same disappointing, angry look she gave Dariel right before she lit him up.
    Last edited by niks97cobra; 2015-03-02 at 07:11 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Foodle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Drask - 55/55hp - 17AC

    "Of course not my Lady," Drask says puffing out his chest and looking around at the others as if they must be the ones she's talking about. "I merely concerned about the time frame, the festival is how many days away now? Anyway, we shall do as you command. When will you be heading to Padonthia? If we have no luck in the manor itself and have to go in search of other places and take too long should we bring the barrels directly to the city, or back here?"
    DMing
    Part II: Search for the Tower (5e)
    OOC / IC / Tracker / Map

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    "From my experience those who smoke the herbs I speak of are very easily impressed by anything afterwards," Blightmist quips. "None the less that eases my one concern. If you believe this wine in particular is needed, then we shall seek it out. Let not the fruit of our labors be wasted."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Luna lets the blade fall back into the sheath and then flicks it loose with her thumb once more. I will need to grab my pack. Has every one else kept their gear in ready condition?

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    niks97cobra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    "I leave for Padonthia in seven days. That should give you plenty of time retrieve the wine," she says sharply.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    The gnomish wizard mostly listens to the conversation, and when it seems concluded, steps out and bows to both the Lady and the party, introducing himself. "Greetings, allies. I am Zander Kol, Conjurer, and will be joining you." His deep blue eyes seem to twinkle as he smiles and walks to join the party.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2015-03-04 at 12:44 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    "Greetings brother gnome. We'll be happy to have you as our companion," Blightmist greets. "Speaking of which, I for one am always prepared to head out, and I believe we've tried our host's patience enough now. Let's away."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Foodle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Drask - 55/55hp - 17AC

    Drask smiles in greeting to the gnome and reaches out to clasp his small hand in his huge scaled one and give it a firm shake. "I'm Drask, i've seen some of your handiwork. It'll be good to have you along. But come come, you all haven't seen Silverstep yet," he says excitedly as he hurries from the room and towards the stables.

    There, waiting for him, is a massive warhorse. A thick black mane flows down it's neck, covered in layer of chainmail barding a glossy black coat pokes through in the exposed places except below it's knees where the hair changes to an impossibly clean white that gives the horse it's name. Shaking it's head in greeting and letting out a whinny, it walks over to nuzzle at Drask's shoulder. "Everyone, this is Silverstep. Silverstep, everyone."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So Silverstep is intelligent i think. (it can understand common)
    It's loyal to Drask and isn't in fact a horse, but a celestial in the form of a warhorse.
    Drask can comunicate with it telepathically within 1 mile.

    I took max HP based off the warhorses statblock, like we'd been doing for our characters too. Let me know if i should change that.

    If/when it dies, it vanishes like a familiar and can be re-summoned by casting the spell once more. (up to you Niks if it's saddle, barding etc vanishes and reappears with it or not)
    DMing
    Part II: Search for the Tower (5e)
    OOC / IC / Tracker / Map

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    niks97cobra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Spitfire says, "I'm paying you 100 gold per bottle of wine. Make sure you get as many as possible."


    Drask, Luna and Blightmist
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear inside your head, "Never speak of the ring again."


    Silverstep
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everything looks good to me.


    Marching Order
    Spoiler
    Show
    Determine one, and then we are off.
    Last edited by niks97cobra; 2015-03-04 at 04:39 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    One hundred per bottle of wine? Interesting. Even with their bags of holding it might be better to get a few mules and wagons to pull their load in case they found a large stockpile. Then again what were the odds such reserves existed? They may well be lucky to find just one. He doubted there was much wine on the estate even before it was overrun by monsters.

    "Greetings brother horse," Blightmist greets the mount. This was no ordinary horse... Blightmist guessed it would be invaluable member to their party.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Blightmist is pretty tanky, so he'll walk in second behind Drask. Don't want to get in the way of a cavalry charge after all.
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2015-03-04 at 10:28 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Zander nods at the horse. "Regretfully, I am better with smaller animals, but I am sure Silverstep will be a fine addition to our party. On that note, allow me to introduce Bun, my rabbit familiar." A tiny nose pokes out of Zander's hood, sniffing the air, then Bun pushes himself onto Zander's shoulder to take a look at the party.

    Spoiler: Marching
    Show
    Zander will go last, as the least-armored and least-durable member of the party
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2015-03-04 at 12:34 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Spoiler: Marching
    Show

    With R2D2's permission I would prefer to be last as long as Drask is in the front. Luna is tanky and should stop an ambush.


    Yes he is a fine mount, but as I said before I don't think a horse is the best mount. What if we need to return to the jungle, he can't climb all that vegetation. Same with the evergreen forests of my home land.

    Luna eyes the rabbit and the new mage warily. As far as she knew the rabbit could be some enchanted prisoner and those who practice the dark arts are power mad more often than not. Surprisingly she found herself missing Bor, at least she knew she could trust him.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Spoiler: Marching
    Show
    Sure, I'll go second to last.


    At Luna's suspicious look, Zander gives a placating smile. "Bun has been my friend since my orchard and woodland days, long before he became my familiar... I have been one of the forest almost longer than a practitioner of the arcane."

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Foodle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Drask - 55/55hp - 17AC

    The horse glances at Blightmist, it's ears pricking forward at his greeting. "He'll be fine, we wont be going back in there anytime soon hopefully," Drask stubbornly brushes off Luna's point not wanting to admit there might be a problem with his new mount.
    Last edited by Foodle; 2015-03-04 at 05:52 PM.
    DMing
    Part II: Search for the Tower (5e)
    OOC / IC / Tracker / Map

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Spoiler: Bag
    Show

    If I remember right we used my bag of holding, I believe I got it back with Igan's death. Marshbloom's bag of holding was eaten by a croc.


    Luna adverts her gaze. I'd just assume be off soon. Do you know if the stable master has mounts for us, or do we walk there? I should probably give the gnome a chance but at a distance.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    "Well I suppose we'll ask. I don't really have enough gold to purchase a mount if they don't provide us with some. That said they did do so last time, so I don't see why this would be any different," the cleric replied, going to check and see if they had mounts reserved with the stablehand.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    niks97cobra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    "Of course I have a couple of horses and a pony for you," the stable hand says. Though the horses are better than walking, none of them are quite as majestic as Silverstep.

    Spitfire has provided you with a pretty accurate map. Heading east, then south, you quickly pass out of civilization, leaving the fields around Hot Springs behind you. This trip is not nearly like the last. You travel through a mostly open savanna around the base of a small mountain peak, The trip takes less than a full days journey. As the sun fades, you reach your destination. You stand at the top of the mountain valley that once held the Collura vineyards.

    Collura Vineyards
    Spoiler
    Show


    A. The Main Gate- The outer walls of the vineyard are only four feet tall, so stepping over them is easy. There are many places that the wall has crumbled as well.
    B. A stand of vines that grew inside the walls.
    C. Stables
    D. A small cottage.
    E. A well.
    F. A group of huts, many of which are collapsed.
    Chateau: This was the main house of the estate.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Zander looks at the Chateau, then shrugs. "I'll send Rocky ahead, shall I?" If nobody stops him, he conjures small replica earth elementals and tosses them around, checking the area near the walls for traps. "Obviously, it's not actually an elemental... But I once knew a small elemental named, well, "Rocky" doesn't do him justice, but the name stuck."
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2015-03-05 at 10:41 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Foodle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Drask - 55/55hp - 17AC

    Drask looks over the short fence at the grounds for signs of life or something living there. "Surprised this place has held up so well," he muses aloud.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Looking for clothes drying etc if humans, discarded remains of kills if something else, claw marks on timbers or footprints and generally just trying to get a feel for how run down or well maintained the place is.
    Perception: (1d20+1)[6]
    Investigation: (1d20)[6]
    Survival: (1d20+1)[21]
    DMing
    Part II: Search for the Tower (5e)
    OOC / IC / Tracker / Map

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    "Do we really need to worry about traps?" Blightmist asked concerned. "Surely the monsters that moved in would have set them all off some time ago? Give me some time, I need to pray to determine our best approach."

    Kneeling down, Blightmist began to meditate for divine guidance.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting Augury as a ritual. The question: "What would happen if we were to simply walk in and storm the main house directly?"

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Turning to Blight Some beasts set off traps, and some beasts set traps. Luna looks about the area.

    Spoiler: spot
    Show


    (1d20+4)[12]


  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    niks97cobra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Tossing several Rockys over the wall reveals nothing. Nothing is attracted by the noise. The double doors to the barn are closed, as is the door to the house and the chateau. Most of the buildings have vegetation growing on them. The barn doors are held shut by a beam from the outside. Though old and abandoned, the buildings are in decent repair. The valley here offers much protection from storms. There are a few random bones scattered about. No traps are easily seen.

    Blightmist
    Spoiler
    Show
    Woe and Weal

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    "It looks as though if we enter the main house we'll have both good and bad results," Blightmist explained. "Most likely this means getting the wine, but with great risk. Let's enter the estate and explore everywhere but the manor first. If we clear out everything living on the edges then leave to rest, we can return to the main house strong and have a greater chance of survival."

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Foodle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Drask - 55/55hp - 17AC

    "Silverstep can keep watch for anything outside while we head inside and warn us should something be lurking about, we can communicate mind to mind," he says with a smug smile as the warhorse moves forward without his urging and leaps the low fence into the yard. ::Strange that the doors are barred from the outside,:: he thinks to Silverstep. Drask unslings new semi-translucent emerald maul from his back as the horse lands, ready should there be anything lurking about, and they make their way over towards the stables.

    Spoiler: Listening
    Show
    Trying to listen for anything in the stables though the barred door.
    Perception: (1d20+1)[16]
    DMing
    Part II: Search for the Tower (5e)
    OOC / IC / Tracker / Map

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Luna still at the rear of the group picks up on Drask's ques and draws her own new weapon.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

    Zander follows closely, ready to blast anything. After all, barred from the outside generally means something bad within...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •