New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Goblins XV: Klik Here

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker1983 View Post
    One of those Details just came back to bite him, though. Ward called himself a Klik, which makes no sense. Klik was calld that because he went Klik, and he was given the name by Dies. Why would he call himself a Klik, when it's just the way his language sounds to us? And even if he would there is no way Ward could know this. It would also be awfully convenient if they in Fact happened to call themselves Klik, and that translates to our language as Klik, too. He confuses Auhtor knowledge and character knowledge.

In other news, he doesn't have a lawyer yet. I'm not saying he deserves all of this, but some days it seems he keeps on asking for more.
    Presumably Ward picked the name up from what the people around him called his kind.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker1983 View Post
    In other news, he doesn't have a lawyer yet. I'm not saying he deserves all of this, but some days it seems he keeps on asking for more.
    For one thing:

For annother: Rather then complaining about it, have you perhaps tried going on twitter and (politely) suggesting that he do so? some people might not be aware of the obvious under stress. If you haven't done this, i highly reccond either doing it, or not complaining.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Heh, amusing comic. Honestly, I kinda sympathize with Typewriter. Though for me the problem is, this is turning into war and peace with the sheer number of characters. (Ok im exaggerating, sue me) Every time we adjust to the current character list, the party gets split up again, and meets new characters again. The GAP are the only ones who have managed to stay together, aside from dies horribly. And when you have like, 3 different story lines, with an update schedule thats closer to monthly than anything else, it takes way too long for progress to be made, and there are long stretches where your personal favorite crew arent in the updates. Like the long gap between The GAP meeting Kore, and Minmax and Forgath getting through the maze of many. Each was an awesome story true, but it left the cliff hangar hanging for WAAAAAY too long.
    I know this wasn't really the point of your post, but does Dies even count as part of the GAP? Sure he is part of the same tribe but he wasn't there when the Goblins created their Adventuring Party.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, as of yet Dies doesn't even have any adventuring levels, all the "rpgress" he's made in terms of powers and abilities have mainly come from his klik-arm and now magic-arm. plus being carried along by other stronger people, one of wich IS an adventurer.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2015-04-23 at 03:16 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

As far as I know Dies doesn't have an Adventurer's class or levels, so he's not part of the party AND not and adventurer... so that really only leaves the G out of "GAP". I think it's safe to say he's a different group, but I suspect Traab meant "the goblins from the warcamp" in a more general way.

And the GAP did get split up for a while while Fumbles was captured.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    It's quite sad.
    I had legal issues that started two years ago against the owner of the flat I rent and way before it went to court, I was able to get legal advice for free from either my town hall, from an association (which is where I went and met a retired lawyer) or from my insurance company.

And when I had to pay for a lawyer, the "legal protection" I had from my insurance company participated.
    Is there nothing at all of that in the US?
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quild View Post
    And when I had to pay for a lawyer, the "legal protection" I had from my insurance company participated.
    Depends. You can call up various government departments to get some simple advice. The state or federal Attorney General's office can be a good place to start.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    As far as I know Dies doesn't have an Adventurer's class or levels, so he's not part of the party AND not and adventurer... so that really only leaves the G out of "GAP". I think it's safe to say he's a different group, but I suspect Traab meant "the goblins from the warcamp" in a more general way.

And the GAP did get split up for a while while Fumbles was captured.
    I actually dont count the fumbles in brassmoon thing as a split so much, mainly because he was mostly just gone during that. There wasnt a 6 month long 30 comic series of the adventures of fumbles. He had a few comics to show how screwed up things were for him but the focus stayed on the GAP. And yeah, you are right, dies isnt part of the actual gap, I was talking about the goblin war camp crew like you said.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

It's quite sad.
    I had legal issues that started two years ago against the owner of the flat I rent and way before it went to court, I was able to get legal advice for free from either my town hall, from an association (which is where I went and met a retired lawyer) or from my insurance company.

From what I know of from a similar situation (When Rusty and Co. received a C&D from WOTC after their kickstarter), most lawyers do actually give basic legal advice for free if they believe you're serious about wanting to hire one, since they don't want you to make the situation worse before you hire them on.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Thunt is in Canada. Which may make things harder because Kickstarter is in the US so he needs to find a lawyer who's qualified in Internet and US law. I guess he might get a US lawyer but it's probably a good idea to find someone who is local enough, in case they need to meet up and talk and stuff.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    For one thing:

For annother: Rather then complaining about it, have you perhaps tried going on twitter and (politely) suggesting that he do so? some people might not be aware of the obvious under stress. If you haven't done this, i highly reccond either doing it, or not complaining.
    He strongly implied he had legal council, so there was no reason. And if being embezzled to the tune of 200K doesn't make him get a lawyer some random guy on his twitter certainly won't.
    Also, his passive agreesive whining about how Kicktarter could have reacted doesn't help his cause. There is at least one guy who tought he was serious and another who felt insulted by being belittled by THunt in his first Kickstarter rant. Whie I certainly think the second guy was being overly sensistive I also think that THunt MO as of now is going to come back to somewhere down the road.

I normally wouldn't use such harsh language, but the fictional Kickstarter thing was too much, coming from a guy in his forties.
    Hi everyone. Follow s-writing.blogspot.com. Learn to start writing, and also about the legendary King Arthur!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Again, people don't think right under stress, the obvious awnser can be completely thrown away by your mind for no reason at all. just the other month i was crossing the street with the lights in my favor and one of the cars next to me started turning the corner, heading right for me. i saw, and rather then move out of the way like was most logical, i froze in place, like a deer in the headlights as i just kinda STARED at the car. running three feet would have prevented it all but i just didn't THINK about it because i was terrified! Thankfully for me the car stopped before it hit me after someone behind him honked his horn.

Thunt needs someone to honk a horn at HIM, wake him up and point him in the right direction, hell if you KNOW a lawyer or a firm that can help him get them to approach him!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

wow, I had missed the blog update about KS's mail, and... wow. They messed up big time for sure, but it's somehow funny how Thunt misunderstand things. Especially:

Because the project already ended successfully, your pledge hasn’t been affected. The creator should still be able to move forward with the project (and send any unfulfilled rewards).
    the project already ended => The end date was reached
    successfully => Main goal was reached as well
    your pledge hasn't been affected => You're in the same situation that right before we closed the page.
    The creator => Richard
    should => If he wants it

Kickstarter never ever said most of what Thunt think they did. They especially didn't confirm that anyone would get his reward but just that the creator was still able to send the reward and that if he did not, it was in no way KS' choice but his own.

Why would they direct backers to a page with Thunt's home address, idk.

But at least Thunt can start to collect the mail address of those expecting something.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Firbolg in the Playground

What really surprised me today? This tweet:

https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/st...45807401512960
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that sucks. Thunt has been vocal enough about it that they probably assumed he was the one to do it, which I'm sure is exactly why someone hacked his email and sent those things.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    What really surprised me today? This tweet:

https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/st...45807401512960
    Or he sent the emails in a fit of rage/frustration and is pulling the "it wasn't me, i was hacked" excuse.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Eh, doesn't feel like Thunt. He's very passive-aggressive, a profanity-laden email with rude demands would be out of character for him from what we've seen (and his habit of airing all his dirty laundry out in public means we've seen a lot).

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

He's the kind to blame himself for his mistakes years after the fact and take other people's failings as his personal responsibility. But I don't see him claiming he was hacked and that he didn't actually do it. I'm sure the hackers counted on it being the way people would interpret it but I just don't see it.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Man every time I enter this thread there's something new.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    Man every time I enter this thread there's something new.
    And the worst part is that the new stuff is rarely a Goblins update. :(
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

If Thunt updated the comic as often as he gives us intimate details about his personal life and problems, the story would be over by now.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    If Thunt updated the comic as often as he gives us intimate details about his personal life and problems, the story would be over by now.
    It must also be said that it is much less time-consuming to have problems produced for you, than to produce a comic yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe he should start a comic about his life. He seems to have enough content. But then he might never post more Goblins.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    Well that sucks. Thunt has been vocal enough about it that they probably assumed he was the one to do it, which I'm sure is exactly why someone hacked his email and sent those things.
    Or they may have simply spoofed his email. I'd like to think kickstarter folks are smart enough to spot a spoofed email, but not everyone is savvy enough to realize a spoofed email when they see one.

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by runeghost View Post
    Or they may have simply spoofed his email. I'd like to think kickstarter folks are smart enough to spot a spoofed email, but not everyone is savvy enough to realize a spoofed email when they see one.
    Well, here is what can have happened if I don't miss anything:

- Thunt mail was spoofed, KS didn't detect it and sent a mail to Thunt asking what's wrong with him or being more agressive. For both e-mails.
    - Thunt mail was hacked, KS sent a mail to Thunt asking what's wrong with him or being more agressive. Or KS didn't reply but Thunt spotted these mails in his sent box (possibly after having had to change his password). For both e-mails.
    - Thunt mail was hacked, KS didn't reply but Thunt spotted the mails in in sent box (possibly after having had to change his password).
    - Thunt sent the mails himself and on a second thought, said it wasn't him, possibly before KS' anwer.

Can someone not detect a spoof?
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Can someone not detect a spoof?
    Spoofed email from addresses can be detected fairly easily if you are looking for it. If you're not expecting it or lack technical expertise, it can slip by unnoticed.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    And the worst part is that the new stuff is rarely a Goblins update. :(

I know, any time I see this page up near the top on GianTitp I don't think "Oh new update..?" but "Oh god what did Thunt get himself into now..?"

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

And now for something completely different. Updates.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

HAHAHAHAHA!

30. - Top - End - #150

Okay,

Spoiler
    Show
    I have my nitpicks--the Ears/Complains dialogue feels a bit forced to me. ("Okay no" from Ears? Really?) MinMax doing the teapot song was just brilliant, though. The fact that the GAP has no idea why he's doing it, plus the way it was set up ages ago, makes it work. The fact that he can't rhyme also makes it that much stranger. This was Thunt's best joke in a long time. Loved it.
    Last edited by Bird; 2015-04-28 at 02:08 AM.