New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: What's in a name?

"Mephibosheth" (and variations thereof - you'd be surprised how often plain ol' Mephibosheth is taken) is the name I use for all my online identities.

The name "Mephibosheth" is Hebrew and means "one who destroys shame." I have done many things in my life that I'm ashamed of, so the meaning of the name appealed to me.

I stumbled upon the name "Mephibosheth" in the book of 2 Samuel in the Old Testament of the Bible. Mephibosheth is the son of Jonathan, son of Saul (the first king of the Israelites). Mephibosheth got caught up in the power struggle between Saul and David, and was injured as a child during a nighttime flight, leaving him crippled for life. After the war was over and David had emerged victorious, Mephibosheth was the last member of the line of Saul to survive. David took care of Mephibosheth and invited him to take a place of honor in his household not because of Mephibosheth's own merit but because of David's friendship with Jonathan. I feel like I have been given so many wonderful gifts that I don't do anything to deserve, so the story of Mephibosheth resonates with me as well as the meaning of the name.

Finally, I am a Christian and my faith is extremely important to me. I see the relationship between Mephibosheth and David as being something of a metaphor for the relationship between me and God in some ways.

So there. That's the story behind my name.

Mephibosheth
    The Scroungers Campaign Setting
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew
    A Zombiemageddon Campaign Journal!

2. - Top - End - #92

I have a small golden jester statue pendant which if you could see would agree that it is 10x cooler then any of the gold "bling" that P Diddy etc wear (but lets face it, they have crap taste). However having the name Golden in my title is not my style since Gold clashes with my hair so I went for Platinum which I felt rolled off of the tongue nicely.

Plus I'm good at making people laugh and like funny hats.
    Last edited by PlatinumJester; 2007-07-30 at 10:10 AM.
    Own it, pwn it, nuke it, sheep it, eat it, quick re -right it, Joe it, turn it, turnip, pimp it, gimp it, dot it, rock it, spec re - spec it...

I'm bringing smexy back

As a Warblade, I'm pimp as hell.

Big up kpenguin for the chronic Avatar.

Powergaming - because you can't roleplay when your dead.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him dominate the World

3. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    =.=
    Wha hullo thar Mr Fezzy McKiltipants

Oh, my name. I like it, default name for fantasising, etc.

That's MR Mr Fezzy McKiltipants to you, Lady Strumpet!
    Much silliness is required to keep one sane

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Doihaveaname? View Post
    I couldn't think of a name...
    Me too.whitespace
    TopSecret's First Ever Two Page Tabletop Contest
    If you have any questions, want to talk about the contest entries, or you just want to hang out with cool people, visit our forums.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

This is my name. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. Scratch that, I have no idea how I came up with this, it's just my lucky screen name.

6. - Top - End - #96

Made the name late at night after having a few too many drinks for an archery character in another game I used to play (Rubies of Eventide).
    Thought it was a good idea at the time and the name sort of stuck so here I am using it here as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

guess I'm one of the rare people who based their nick on their own names :) My first name is Pepijn :) and when I needed an internet nick, I figured a Z would be proper to add to it, with all the coolz internetz slangz going on and such (it's been ten years since I though of it, Zs were awesome then :D Pepijnz looks like crap, so I just shortened it a bit :) My friends call me pepz nowadays, and even my mom sometimes adresses me as pepz sometimes :)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Really I need to hinde this responce on my laptop somewhere and cut and paste on request.

My moniker is actually said eSs-Kay-Tark. S and K are my initials. Tarq is short for Tarquin which is the name my father wanted to name me but my mother used her veto on that one. Tarquin was the last Etruscan govenor of Rome but came to my father via Hamlet.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

magicwalker is an adaptation of a character name from an old single player, god-view shooter, rts. The character that was the coolest in my opinion was Earl 'Magic' Walker. I chopped off the Earl to add to the coolness. I've had it for.. maybe.. 10 or 11 years now.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

when i started playing a server called Layonara on NWN1 i randomly made up the name crazedgoblin, so nothign miraculas about it hehe
    http://s9.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=97391

On No Accounts Must the Above Link Be Clicked!

Best Avatar by Sampi!