1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Unplayable Misfits OOC

Welcome, one and all, to the OOC thread for "Unplayable Misfits", The Game That Should Never Have Been Made. Here are your companions in crime:

808, half iron-golem gheden ape
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before you stands an enormous muscular gorilla, easily seven feet tall when it stands completely upright. Its hair is all grey and its stares at you with a flicker of intelligence in its completely black eyes. Its left arm is gone at the shoulder, replaced with a dull machination of iron made in the same shape as its actual arm. Its right leg is the same, dull iron where flesh once was. It reeks of freshly dug earth, although none is visible on its fur.

808 is a quiet soul, preferring to listen rather than speak. His eyes constantly dart about nervously, looking for the next threat. He is at heart a kind and helpful ape. Unfortunately, due to the experiments practiced on him he has a quick and vicious temper.

808 has been an experiment since before he was born, his pregnant mother being exposed to negative energies on a regular basis. As such, he was born half-dead. It was decided he would be used in an experiment to develop super-soldiers. As he grew the necromantic energies effected him greatly, giving him increased strength but also causing two of his limbs to rot and wither. They replaced his limbs with those of an iron golem in an attempt to keep the experiment alive.

Octavia, anthro octopus taric octopus were-octopus
    {appearance/personality still pending}

Andraste, sentient statue
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before you towers a tall, fit-looking woman made of marble. She sports what should be a slim woman's form with scandalously-draped clothing and neatly-bunched hair all the same color or her marble skin. Her sword's scabbard and hilt are also of the same marble color, but if she draws it, the blade looks metal.
    If she stands still for very long, her feet will raise above the ground about a foot on a round marble column and she will slowly grow a stone column out of her head until it reaches the top of a building.

Andraste had been created as a guard for a wizard's lab. She was not an ordinary wizard's guard statue, however, and was given a comprehensive apititude for combat. She was infused with some knowledge of history, that she might better-engage the non-wizard patrons of the place during down-time, but also was given excellent knowledge of war and battle, so that she may serve as an effective social deterrant to clients that were possibly shifty. She became particularly liked--or disliked--by the Dragons that visited the place, for reasons unknown to the Wizards, but certainly due to her daring and brash but logical manner that was also backed by a good deal of intelligence.

Since the magical accident, Andraste has lost much of her memory of her interactions with others and she's been present and active for many centuries. She has also never been out of the Wizard's Labratory Atrium in which she stood guard for nearly four centuries, so she is new to the world at large. She may goes about her day with almost adolescent wonder and excitement. Nonetheless, the caryatid can be very levelheaded and serious when the situation warrants it. Furthermore, her gift with speech goes beyond that of many, and she is so inured with talking and entertaining others that her dealing with social situations is superb even if her speech is somewhat...logical.

Andraste wades into battle trusting that her toughness--and her form's ability to break weapons. More than comfortable with combat, the caryatid is prone to attacking recklessly and without regards to her well-being. However, she sees this as working to her own advantage at times. Little does she know it, but she's made MANY bitter rivals over the years defending the Wizards' lab from would-be invaders or others that saw the wizards as taking what should rightfully be theirs. Unfortunately, Andraste has not had a memory until recently, so whatever enemies she's made she is unaware of.

Abagail, two-headed duck of doom
    Spoiler
    Show
    Physical description:

Abigail is a duck sized duck, with two heads. She was born with this mutation, after her mother had undergone many tests. When she sleeps she has a good looking plumage with mixed whites, greens and a brown chest. When she is awake however, her feathers bristle and take a flat greyish hue that imitate colors in the near surroundings. Her beaks are lined with big sharp fangs and she has long thin sticky tongues with which she catches flies.
    Her eyes are bloodshot and her pupils shift color, from violet to venomous green and back.

Personality:

Here i was thinking of doing two heads with separate personalities and come to think of it, that was probably what was bugging me. I'm now thinking maybe simpler is best, just giving the animal one personality with two heads.
    So, a smart and sneaky duck. She knows not to get into fights she cant win and is ever opportunistic. She enjoys shiny baubles, long hot days in the sun just dipping her webbed feet (Is that what you call ducks feet?) in the water and she has definitely got a taste for the good life. As long as she is comfortable, shes pleasant to be around. She is quite social although her appearance and diva-like behavior can put 'people' off.
    She is actually the architect of an ingenious trading system between the inmates and makes sure that everybody gets their poison. This rings especially true when someone falls out of line. She can be quite nasty when putting people in their place.

Saedis, mermaid
    Spoiler
    Show
    appearance:
    Saedis a mermaid, she has the lower body of a fish and the upper body of a young woman. The only clothing she wears is a seashell bra. she has long aquamarine hair and black eyes. Her fish tail matches her hair all the way down, except for the fin, which is a Translucent rainbow, her fishtail shimmers in a rainbow patter when the sun hits it just right. She battles inside a massive water elemental named Nemo. Nemo is transparent blue and takes the form of a sphere. When the pair move around, Nemo actually rolls along on the ground, leaving a trail of water behind him.

background:
    Saedis grew up in the great sea with the rest of her merfolk friends and family. One day while frolicking about with some dolphins near a coral reef, she was caught in a fisherman's net and dragged aboard their ship. Realizing what they had they kept her and brought her to land. There they sold her to a wealthy tavern holder who had a large enough tank to keep safely keep Saedis in. She lived in shame for years, being nothing more than an novel attraction for tourists and sailors alike.

Then one day a wizard visited the tavern, apparently he had learned of Saedis and had come to investigate her. He offered the tavern owner a vast sum of money the tavern owner gleefully agreed because his attraction had begun to lose it's appeal. so they carted her and her tank further inland, to a vast wizards tower. there she lived for quite some time. Saedis proved to be more resourceful than the wizard had thought, she managed to learn common and even began studying magic behind the wizards back, while he was away on other business or asleep. all this was in preparation for a daring escape plan, for Saedis longed to return to the sea. Then the unthinkable happened...

personality:
    You could say Saedis has a bad attitude, but lets see how sunny your disposition is when you've been locked up in a little glass bowl for a good portion of your life, unable to really move or stretch out or move about. She thinks all humans are monsters, interested in holding people against their will and using them to make money. or that the rest of humanity are simple leering drunk idiots that don't have the mental faculties to realize that just because another being is different, that being doesn't have feelings.

Brussel, the Psychic Hedgehog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Description: Before you stands a Hedgehog. The first thing about the hedgehog is the tiny feathered wings, flowing seamlessly into the hedgehog's back. The second thing that strikes you, is on further observation, the hedgehog appears to be made of roots and wood,with thorns appearing where its spines normally would be. The third thing that strikes you is the intensity with which the hedgehog is staring at you, even as you stare at It. You feel like it knows exactly what you're thinking, which in all honesty might be true.

Personality: Brussel is carefree and confident, and cheekier than all get out. He tends towards friendliness with anyone he meets, as long as they do not harbor ill will towards him, his friends, his Companion, or nature. Tends to zone out, but will fixate in certain things and not be able to let go of them in his mind.

(If there's something missing or needs to be updated, post it and I'll edit accordingly)
    Last edited by sonofzeal; 2015-03-07 at 10:01 PM.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Unplayable Misfits OOC

{in case of later need}

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rather than pick a text COLOR I think I'll have 808 speak in bolded subscript, for he is quiet but his voice is distinct.
    Attention: Life is happening, my posting may be sporadic. If I'm posting in other threads but not yours it's not became I'm not interested, it's just because inspiration for those threads hit me during some of my few moments of spare time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowadly Griffo
    I have known some cats in my day, but never one that could maintain Exalted feats.
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

Thankyou Raven for the brain-bleach worthy avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4

I think Brussel will speak in a bold Dark Green. Possibly in a Smaller Size. as he is rather diminutive in stature.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-03-08 at 12:13 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

5. - Top - End - #5

Marble colors are a difficult choice. She will go with a purple, as her intentions are pure of heart and free of deception.

Violet, Then, since purples is hard to read.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2015-03-08 at 01:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyBoi View Post
    I just need a minute to appreciate the words 'goliath lamp-post sneak attack'.That's a thing of beauty, right there.

Profile Pic by TinyMushroom
    Gisela | Dowrenland | IC

6. - Top - End - #6

Purple is generally regarded as evil on this forum ._. Whatever though, I'm sure you'll be completely fine.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Purple is generally regarded as evil on this forum ._. Whatever though, I'm sure you'll be completely fine.
    Just you watch, then.
    I just need a minute to appreciate the words 'goliath lamp-post sneak attack'.That's a thing of beauty, right there.

Gisela | Dowrenland | IC

8. - Top - End - #8

I forgot to include bonus languages. Are they given the same way bonus languages in Pathfinder are(I get bonus languages equal to my INT modifier)?

Just read the SRD, I was correct.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-03-08 at 01:31 AM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

I forgot to include bonus languages. Are they given the same way bonus languages in Pathfinder are(I get bonus languages equal to my INT modifier)?
    That's the same as 3.5; yes. A 16 Int = 3 bonus languages. Remember that you also have base your starting on your monster entry.

Gisela | Dowrenland | IC

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by ~Corvus~ View Post
    That's the same as 3.5; yes. A 16 Int = 3 bonus languages. Remember that you also have base your starting on your monster entry.
    As a Phrenic Woodling Half-Celestial Hedgehog Druid, I would know Common and Druidic at base, then I chose Elven, Celestial, and Sylvan.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Celestial would be granted with the Half-celestial template. Try again, you still have another choice!

Gisela | Dowrenland | IC

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ha cool we're up!

I didnt pick languages either yet.. Ill go with common; abyssal; infernal and undercommon if thats alright.
    I like The idea of two duckheads spouting foul gutter language together.

'This for speech.'

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyStrike View Post
    Ha cool we're up!

I didnt pick languages either yet.. Ill go with common; abyssal; infernal and undercommon if thats alright.
    I like The idea of two duckheads spouting foul gutter language together.

'This for speech.'
    You could even go with "Gutterspeak" the city-slang version of common.

Gisela | Dowrenland | IC

14. - Top - End - #14

By the way, sonofzeal, where would you say Clyde is?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm claiming blue as my text color. it's appropriate after all.

16. - Top - End - #16

By the way, sonofzeal, where would you say Clyde is?
    In one of the other cells. Call it one right at the far end of the row.

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

OK so i thought this was going to be a wizard's tower. Apparently it's a black mesa style facility. If we see a guy in an orange suit wielding a crowbar, run.

18. - Top - End - #18

Alas! Our beautiful statue has disappeared from our view!

Alas! 808 is all out of bothers, and cannot give one.
    Attention: Life is happening, my posting may be sporadic. If I'm posting in other threads but not yours it's not became I'm not interested, it's just because inspiration for those threads hit me during some of my few moments of spare time.
    I have known some cats in my day, but never one that could maintain Exalted feats.
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

something is approaching,

my instincts tell me to try to hide and ambush it,
    but when you live inside a huge water elemental, your hiding options are a bit limited.
    anyone got any other ideas.

20. - Top - End - #20

I'm gonna hide, ya'll guys can figure it out amongst yourselves!
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Or, y'know, someone could actually post something in the IC........

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

I'm just posting to let everyone know that I see the IC posts and intend to respond to them. We just had the funeral for my brother-in-law today, so you can imagine my headspace isn't quite here at the moment, but I'll get something up shortly.

Your patience is appreciated.

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

That's rough. Take care, and all the time you need.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    I'm just posting to let everyone know that I see the IC posts and intend to respond to them. We just had the funeral for my brother-in-law today, so you can imagine my headspace isn't quite here at the moment, but I'll get something up shortly.

Your patience is appreciated.
    Ah, crap dude. Sorry to hear about that. Do what you need to do, don't worry about us.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-03-22 at 11:37 AM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry Iíve been away from the forums. Real life issues have cropped up that has required the majority of my attention. As such Iím afraid that Iím going to have to drop out of this game and focus on my real world life. I hate to do it but thatís the way it is.

26. - Top - End - #26

Im just posting here to say that I'm still here and still interested in this game if everyone else is.
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

27. - Top - End - #27

Whoof.

Ugh.

Sincere apologies guys. Yes, I'm still here too. Life.... y'know?

Things are settling down now though. If one or two more show up and are still interested, I'll see about getting back into the swing of things.

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Whoof.

Ugh.

Sincere apologies guys. Yes, I'm still here too. Life.... y'know?

Things are settling down now though. If one or two more show up and are still interested, I'll see about getting back into the swing of things.
    If people are still posting, you can be sure I'm here.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Given that my work recently updated the firewall so I can't post on giantitp on break any more, on top of recent life drama, I'm going to have to close this down. Sorry guys. It was a great idea when life was going smoothly and running a game could be a nice diversion at work, but now it's just not going to happen. Feel free to find a substitute DM if you can.
    Last edited by sonofzeal; 2015-05-04 at 06:50 PM.

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show