New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avalon: Somerset (Needs 1 replacement!!!)

I believe I voted Success.
    This is the end. Unless, possibly, it isn't.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Thanks, I'll take you up on that offer.

I think I'll post a thread following this weekend, but having everyone informed beforehand would be great.

Ideally, with a game like this you'd only need the narrator to give out cards and resolve disputes. The latter's unlikely with this group.
    I would say it might be nice for the narrator to keep track of how much influence people have and how many coins each person has, perhaps posting after each round.

Anyway, link. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...up#description I tried to come up with an explanation, but as it turns out I'm not very good at explaining things without being long-winded and boring. Ignore the fluff text at the start, as it is (depending on your view) incorrect or irrelevant. I don't know if Legato will be using the rules for the Inquisitor role, but I would advise against it, personally. This is not because I am unfamiliar with the role and would lose an edge in playing with it. No, seriously, that wasn't sarcastic. I know how to play with the inquisitor role, but I would reccomend against using it.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yes. I intend to do the bookkeeping. Coins and influence would be displayed, I think either routinely as each player's turn, or at least multiple times as it cycles around.

4. - Top - End - #574

And as for the inquisitor?

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

We'll ignore it for the first round or 3 I host. Depending on how quick this goes we might play a best of 3 or some such.

Coup is only like a 10 minute game in real life, compared to Resistance hour to 90 minutes, and WW's half hour and longer depending on number of players.

6. - Top - End - #576

BardGuy

I would suggest starting up a new thread for coup at this point, to discuss how and when it'll start

7. - Top - End - #577

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    We'll ignore it for the first round or 3 I host. Depending on how quick this goes we might play a best of 3 or some such.

Coup is only like a 10 minute game in real life, compared to Resistance hour to 90 minutes, and WW's half hour and longer depending on number of players.
    First, sounds good, but we'll see how it goes. Second, I don't know how you've been playing it, but I have rarely seen Resistance games go over an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by smashbro View Post
    I would suggest starting up a new thread for coup at this point, to discuss how and when it'll start
    I believe that this was part of the plan, but it's undoubtedly a good idea.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Pardon me, but can I just ask a couple of quick questions to everybody (loyalists and minions alike) for some self-assessment?
    Did you know that I was loyal even before smasbro's final reveal? If yes, when (and how)?
    Thanks!

As you know, one of our tasks here is to convince others that you are loyal. So I'd like to know how I did on that front.

For those who had me on their minion list (I know I was in at least a couple of them - FC's, and probably Lex's too since her last suggested team contained both Eloel and Eonas, and maybe others as well), I'm also curious about what I did in this game that made you think I was a minion, so I 'd appreciate some feedback as well.

Again, thanks.

Oh by the way, Coup sounds nice but I'm not yet familiar with it so I'd probably sit out the initial rounds and observe how the game goes first before jumping in.

Also with regards to the next Avalon game, I see that there are already 9 players signed up, and since I was already the 10th player in this game, I'm quite reluctant to be the one to close recruitment on an Avalon game for the second time in a row and deprive someone else who might be interested to play (I wish they had designed Resistance/Avalon for unlimited number of players instead of a maximum of 10). So I'd sit that one out too and just wish all of you guys the best of luck in that game.
    Last edited by axl; 2015-06-15 at 10:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #579

Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    Pardon me, but can I just ask a couple of quick questions to everybody (loyalists and minions alike) for some self-assessment?
    Did you know that I was loyal even before smasbro's final reveal? If yes, when (and how)?
    Thanks!

As you know, one of our tasks here is to convince others that you are loyal. So I'd like to know how I did on that front.
    I personally had you pegged as loyal, but mostly by process of elimination. I was pretty much certain of Eloel after the LotL thing. Jojo was jumping on Eonas with Eloel, so I had jojo down as a minion. The fact that three minions were on quest two surprised me. I had you and Eonas down as good. I don't think you did anything that specifically cried out "good".

Also with regards to the next Avalon game, I see that there are already 9 players signed up, and since I was already the 10th player in this game, I'm quite reluctant to be the one to close recruitment on an Avalon game for the second time in a row and deprive someone else who might be interested to play (I wish they had designed Resistance/Avalon for unlimited number of players instead of a maximum of 10). So I'd sit that one out too and just wish all of you guys the best of luck in that game.
    The second game seems to be going nowhere fast. I don't think that Resistance really lends itself very well to much larger games, 10 tends to be stretching things.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Within the first few pages, though I had an advantage with only needing to find one person. None of you're early posts had any of the signifiers one would look for Oberon with, and you kept your advice mathematically solid through and through. A minion Axl I expect would stat a little less to give some wiggle room for misleading arguments. Or double down on a particular case. You can't pull so far back when you're trying the misinformation game.

Actually Axl, it's more like 7 players currently. I'm an alternate, so I don't count toward the current total, and Tanar hasn't been online for some time, which prompted his replacement in this game. So you could freely join and still have room for two players.

Edit: I'll fire off a thread to the mods for Coup later today barring any obstacles.
    Last edited by Legato Endless; 2015-06-16 at 11:34 AM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

The Coup thread is up. Feel free to head on over and express interest.

If it goes over the limit, I'll be inclined to create a waiting list for the next if this first iteration succeeds.