New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avalon: Somerset

Quote Originally Posted by Rofltrollcopter View Post
    Hmm Count Troll raises his eyebrows. I know for complete fact that at least two minions voted for this mission. I smell treachery in the air.
    "With the numbers of loyal knights known, we can only say for certain that one voted for it. I am leaning that Oberon was the most likely among them. You can attest your loyalty all you want, but until proven otherwise, everyone is a suspect but Merlin."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Oh let's just hurry up and keep beating the minions. This talk of not trusting those who have shown loyalty sounds mighty foolish."

Remember last game, when the first mission was completely loyal, with 2 minions voting for it, and then the minions went to great lengths to try and argue the minion voting for it was proof one of the loyal knights was a minion?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

((No, but I'll trust that it happened. ))

Lady Lexington had been pacing along the back wall, waiting most impatiently for the return of the Lady Patronia. She starts at the sight of the singed armor. My Lady, are you alright? she starts to move toward her, but stops herself after one and a half steps. Then turns toward Sir Axl. Sir Axl, I implore you, allow me the honor of protecting Lady Petronia on the next quest. she bows her head slightly toward her fellow knight, showing deference to him.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-03-19 at 12:10 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    ((No, but I'll trust that it happened. ))

Lady Lexington had been pacing along the back wall, waiting most impatiently for the return of the Lady Patronia. She starts at the sight of the singed armor. My Lady, are you alright? she starts to move toward her, but stops herself after one and a half steps. Then turns toward Sir Axl. Sir Axl, I implore you, allow me the honor of protecting Lady Petronia on the next quest. she bows her head slightly toward her fellow knight, showing deference to him.
    "The more you beg to be included, the more I think you draw suspicion. Everyone should want to go. The only suggestion I shall make is that one at least one, but not all, of the knights of the last mission should be included in this one as well."
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

"Well done Lord Edward and Sir Myles. Now, how about the three of us head back out and straight to the mountains to get to the heart of this matter?"

"As for the fourth member of our party, I was leaning towards inviting the Lord of Shallot because I have heard of rumours that he has an upcoming tryst with the Lady of the Lake and I want to test his worthiness first before I decide if I will believe the stories that he will tell regarding their encounter. However, I'm having reservations with this considering his thoughts on the first team."

"Also, Lord Edward, forgive me but I get the impression that you would have rather stayed here in the comforts of this castle instead of going with us on our first mission. Is this still your current preference? Or has our successfully accomplished task shifted your mood and made you want to embark on the next quest?"

OOC:
    What do you guys think? First mission plus Eloel for Lady of the Lake purposes? or First mission plus one of the five outsiders who approved? Or first mission minus Eonas plus 2 newcomers? (I still find it suspicious that Eonas rejected his own proposal)

Leaving this up for discussion for a few hours before I submit my official proposal. (Probably after 4 or 5 hours)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Lady Lexington turns to her accuser, with a slight turn to her head, as if she is wondering if she'd heard him correctly. Beg? Have I fallen so low in your eyes that I seem to be begging, sir? I do not know from where you came, or how you were raised. I have not begged for anything since I was knee-high to my poppa, may he rest in peace. It is a simple request, nothing more. I ask that you do not insult me further, Sir Fidious. she then walks away, finding the nearest window to look out of.

((Just my suggestion, but as I think Eonas as suspicious as well, I think it should be the two of three from the first (minus Eonas). The Lady of the Lake (Eloel) test doesn't sound bad to me... but not sure how it proves anything. And then one of the five who approved. But, on the other hand, having two new knights on the team could be risky. It's been a long time since I played this game. Forgive my rust. ))
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-03-19 at 01:04 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

"I'm happy to continue the path to victory. I think I can trust you to pick wisely, and don't have any strong opinions of my own on the matter."

Based on knowing basically nothing, and having some confidence in both Lord Edward and Sir Axl, all suggested teams seem reasonable to me.
    Reject is a bit odd yes. But I think I weigh the succeed vote more.
    Should Eonas wish to exclude himself, I'm leaning slightly towards Lex and Eloel as #3 and #4. Get to know them a little.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Lady Lexington turns to her accuser, with a slight turn to her head, as if she is wondering if she'd heard him correctly. Beg? Have I fallen so low in your eyes that I seem to be begging, sir? I do not know from where you came, or how you were raised. I have not begged for anything since I was knee-high to my poppa, may he rest in peace. It is a simple request, nothing more. I ask that you do not insult me further, Sir Fidious. she then walks away, finding the nearest window to look out of.

((Just my suggestion, but as I think Eonas as suspicious as well, I think it should be the two of three from the first (minus Eonas). The Lady of the Lake (Eloel) test doesn't sound bad to me... but not sure how it proves anything. And then one of the five who approved. But, on the other hand, having two new knights on the team could be risky. It's been a long time since I played this game. Forgive my rust. ))
    "You see venom and spite where there is none. And despite your protestations, 'implore' is merely another way to say 'beg.' "
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

I like the idea of including the Lady of the Lake. It gives them more to off of. I wouldn't mind being a replacement for Eonas, but I'm a little wary of replacing him in general. While his rejection of his own proposal is weird, I don't think it's suspicious.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

I like the idea of including the Lady of the Lake as well, but I guess that doesn't say much.

We are all men and women of stature here, I expect everyone to it. a Lord from across the table comments. That means you two, we have important matters at hand, focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    The reason Pun-Pun doesn't work is because he doesn't have to. He can just sit around all day and let his wishes do the work for him.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

"Thank you all for your valuable inputs. Having two new participants does seem to be a rather unnecessary risk at this stage. With that, I would like to propose the first three people to go on this quest together with the Lord of Shallot."

(Team Proposal: Lord Edward Ruthven, Sir Axl, Sir Myles, Lord of Shallot)

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eloel View Post
    I like the idea of including the Lady of the Lake as well, but I guess that doesn't say much.

We are all men and women of stature here, I expect everyone to it. a Lord from across the table comments. That means you two, we have important matters at hand, focus.
    "I believe you are focusing too much on what is being said by the two of us, and too little on what is not being said by the other members here at the table. But I will behave, if it will put your mind at ease. I will not speak for Lady Lexington, but I suspect she is likely to cooperate as well."
    Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    "Thank you all for your valuable inputs. Having two new participants does seem to be a rather unnecessary risk at this stage. With that, I would like to propose the first three people to go on this quest together with the Lord of Shallot."

(Team Proposal: Lord Edward Ruthven, Sir Axl, Sir Myles, Lord of Shallot)

"I think it would be wise to reject this team proposal. Just because we had success with this setup once does not mean we will repeat success. I support adding Lord of Shallot, and up to two of the previous mission's knights, but not all three."
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

If we are going to gather information, this setup may as well be random. We have no way of knowing anything until they fail a mission. Sending in 3 or 2 won't change anything. We will get the same information, so let's just accept while we can.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. I'm not sure I'm fond of the current grouping based on so little information, but we might as well see if things managed to luck out like last time.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

I say nay.

16. - Top - End - #76

I have a bad feeling about this.

17. - Top - End - #77

"I have a good feeling about this."

We just need those returning to vote as they did, Lord of Shallot to play nice, and we ride safely to the end of the game, because if this mission is chosen and succeeds, I know what team I'm picking.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Lady Katrina turns a suspicious eye on Lord Ruthven, looks at Sir Fidious from the corner of her eye, then turns back to the window.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    "Quite." Sir Fidous replies, a dumbfounded expression on his face.

"Verbose nonsense." He whispers.
    Lord Ruthven stares at Sir Fidous quizzically and lugubriously. "I have heard that in some circles they dub you 'Logic'. Perhaps you might consider living up to that name and explain yourself?"

Edward then sighs, a long, langorous, lamenting, lugubrious sigh, and stares into the camera once again. "It is still bizarre to me... that all thought fit to accept my team. Even given Team Jacob's ability to divine Merlin's identity from extra information, surely our ability to guess at the chicken-botherers' true identities outweighs this? For there are four of them, and only one Merlin; this latter is therefore better able to disguise himself than the four chicken-botherers.

Furthermore, it is bizarre to me that it is bizarre to others that I should choose to reject a random team, whether I suggested it or not. For why should I accept it over any other? The phishing of chicken-botherers, as they say, is the thing.

To further my furthermore, it's bizarre to me that I should be suspected for rejecting my proposal. If I were a chicken-botherer, it would be to my advantage to attempt to let the team through, in order to either molest chickens or prove my false innocence.

I will, therefore, withhold my vote until some might see it fit to explain these things to me.
    "

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Apologies about the late reply. As you can see from my posting history, I've only started receiving a significant amount of time to dedicate to GiantITP at, like, 2 AM today. And I was so exhausted by then that I actually posted a GM description-update-thingy in the wrong thread.
    Last edited by Eonas; 2015-03-27 at 01:26 PM.
    This is the end. Unless, possibly, it isn't.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this.
    Yeah, there's not anyway near enough resistance to make this feel safe.

21. - Top - End - #81

Hello? What are we waiting on?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jojolagger View Post
    Hello? What are we waiting on?
    Probably Smashbro.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, you're waiting on me, for one. I did say I'd withold my vote until somebody would reply to my post - but then, I didn't expect it would take this long to get a reply.

24. - Top - End - #84

"It's because you're acting differently from how they would act in any possible role, which scared them because they don't understand you. Just vote as you will. If you vote consistently you'll scare some people, voting inconsistently will scare others. Just hurry up and vote so we can move along."

Seriously, vote however, if we are accepted again, vote the same way. If we're all loyal, we win, if someone isn't, I invite them to betray Mordred.
    Last edited by jojolagger; 2015-03-24 at 07:23 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

BardGuy

Yeah, Eonas, if you could decide on a vote some time tonight, that would be great. Sorry if no one replies, but we should finish the voting soon.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Eonas View Post
    Well, you're waiting on me, for one. I did say I'd withold my vote until somebody would reply to my post - but then, I didn't expect it would take this long to get a reply.
    Just do what I did when I sent a question (to you incidentally) that got no reply.
    That is, just go with whatever you feel is most beneficial.
    (In my case, include you in the team proposal even though I got no reply from you)

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

C'mon Eonas. Vote. It isn't good sportsmanship to hold the game hostage until someone responds to you, especially when you seem to be doing little more than obfuscating whatever it is you are really trying to say.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88

... I did respond to the question.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

We're waiting on smashbro now, I think, because I did send my PM-vote yesterday morning: don't approve. I don't trust the combination of players and, again, I'd rather have more information than less information. My counterpropsal would consist of myself, The Lord of Shallott, Sir Troll, and Sir Tristam because of course I want myself on the team, I want to know more about our Lady of the Lake, I tentatively trust Sir Troll for not wanting the missions to go through so easily, and Tristam for absolutely no reason at all except to find out more about him.

Logic, I'm sorry if I seem to have been obfuscating something in my two posts. I should have thought that the various points I was making and that the various questions I was asking were clear enough - unless substituting "Team Jacob" for "traitors" qualifies as obfuscation? Meanwhile, the two responses you've given me so far have been, in essence: "verbose nonsense" and "obfuscatory bad-sportsmanship" (the latter of which is an accusation I really resent since it is an attack, not only on my play, which of course I don't really mind, but on my character as a person). If there's something unclear in any of what I've just said, please let me know and I'll be sure to (try and) clarify. Otherwise, it'd be great to hear what you have to say on a level that isn't just "what you're saying is full of crap, Eo".

Excuse me, axl! I missed the question. I would like to be on the team, yes, because I know I'm loyal and should a mission fail, I can easier guess at the bad guys' identities. But, again, I prefer more information to blind fumbling-in-the-dark.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eonas View Post
    We're waiting on smashbro now, I think, because I did send my PM-vote yesterday morning: don't approve. I don't trust the combination of players and, again, I'd rather have more information than less information. My counterpropsal would consist of myself, The Lord of Shallott, Sir Troll, and Sir Tristam because of course I want myself on the team, I want to know more about our Lady of the Lake, I tentatively trust Sir Troll for not wanting the missions to go through so easily, and Tristam for absolutely no reason at all except to find out more about him.

Logic, I'm sorry if I seem to have been obfuscating something in my two posts. I should have thought that the various points I was making and that the various questions I was asking were clear enough - unless substituting "Team Jacob" for "traitors" qualifies as obfuscation? Meanwhile, the two responses you've given me so far have been, in essence: "verbose nonsense" and "obfuscatory bad-sportsmanship" (the latter of which is an accusation I really resent since it is an attack, not only on my play, which of course I don't really mind, but on my character as a person). If there's something unclear in any of what I've just said, please let me know and I'll be sure to (try and) clarify. Otherwise, it'd be great to hear what you have to say on a level that isn't just "what you're saying is full of crap, Eo".

Excuse me, axl! I missed the question. I would like to be on the team, yes, because I know I'm loyal and should a mission fail, I can easier guess at the bad guys' identities. But, again, I prefer more information to blind fumbling-in-the-dark.
    I apologize for the tone of my post. It was not meant as an attack, though I see now that it could easily be construed as one.

Your first post (that I responded to) seemed to be nothing more than filler words, as I interpreted nothing of import seemed to have actually been said. You weren't consistent in your descriptions of the minions of Morded, alternating between calling them the forces of Van Helsing, Chicken Molesters*, Forces of Anti-Emo and Team Jacob with no real reason to do so. You also made it seem clear that you were role-playing an insane lord/knight, which does little to bolster my confidence in you as a loyal ally of Arthur and Merlin.

Your following post (the one that no one responded to until very late) seems to me like more of the same from your earlier explanation: insane ramblings with lots of filler words and little content.

When you reiterated that you were withholding your vote until someone responded, I assumed that in the long absence of Smashbro, that you were not satisfied with the response from jojolagger, and were awaiting more explanation from other participants. I was merely trying to get the game going again, not personally attack you. I care much less about the content of your vote than the act of voting itself.

I hope this clarifies my position, and I am sorry for provoking you.

*I would prefer if you refrain from using the word "Molest" in any of its forms. I may have subconsciously been more harsh on you because of my distaste for that word.
    Last edited by Logic; 2015-03-24 at 10:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show