New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Exalted] The Restoration of the Solar Deliberative IC

Keldin's face could not scowl harder that is does at that moment, and with a burst of essence he vaults into the air, crashing his fist into the falling Lunar and stopping him in mid-flight and crushing him backward, sending him impacting into an empty area of the street. "Arrogance! Irresponsibility! You endanger innocent lives with this foolishness!" When Keldin's feet touch the ground again, the mark of the Dawn blazes on his brow. "Now, explain yourself!"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Charm: Heaven Thunder Hammer: 3 motes periphial
    Not a Charm: Second Martial Arts Excellency, 1 mote per success: 11 motes personal
    Reasons it's not a charm: Martial Arts Essence Flow makes all 3 basic MA Excellencies count as natural powers instead of charms. Supreme Perfection of Martial Arts reduces the cost of the 3 basic Excellencies when used via Essence Flow, in this case 1 mote per success.
    (13d10)[8][6][10][3][10][2][8][4][2][7][10][6][1](77) Martial Arts w/single combat Specialty and 2-die stunt, +11 successes from Second Excellency
    (8d10)[8][2][2][4][9][1][6][7](39) Base damage for Exceptional Cestus

HTH will throw him back 3 yards per point of pre-soak damage, pushing him towards the nearest clear spot on the street, or into a wall if there isn't one.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

The Lunar momentarily rises from the ground, his muscular upper body towering over everyone. He yells sending saliva your way:

"I am Uka the Boar! Uka the Youngling-Elder! I haven't been defeated in 500 years! Now you made me angry, Cyan Sifu!" Then his eyes glaze and he falls like the trunk of a tree, unconscious.

Spoiler: for Leopard
    Show

You know the Cyan Sifu, so if you want to conceal this you have to roll Manipulation+Socialize at -1 penalty as you're caught by surprise.

The soldiers and any of you feeling strong enough carry the Lunar, with considerable effort, to the palace. Just before reaching it, you are met by three Exalts. They are chatting, but seeing your predicament they rush to you.

The first is a woman in an impeccable flowing white gown and a golden choker. She is on the verge of being tanned, yet maybe still fair-skinned; some would say her tiara-held hair is dark blonde, others light brown, but all would agree her eyes are hazel. The soldiers apparently know her and silently part letting her by the Lunar. Her face is concerned and focused as she examines the health of the great beast.

The second one is a Dragon-Lord who could hardly hide his pure blood. He seems honorable...but White Lilac jumps in fear when she sees him and hides behind Leopard and Koyo.

The third one...is the omen that flew from the East, and it is hard to describe the alien glory of his hellish ride...
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 01:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

"Excuse me Miss, but is this overgrown manchild known to you? He needs a shorter leash. And you." He points at the third Exalt. "Whatever that thing is, you're making people sick flying it about like that. Stop it."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Hardly," she beams a smile towards you. "We've fought alongside once, in Malfeas. He is Uka the Boar, also known as the Youngest of those worthy to be considered Elders by the Lunars. If you ask me, it is worrisome he is the most regarded Lunar to attend our congregation so far...He will juust be fine."

She steps up and offers her hand, "My name is Aquerne".

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Koyo gives a deep bow to each of the three exalts.
    "Well thank you for the invitation, Honored Lawgiver Aquerne. I am Koyo Alphaeus Offendson, Chosen of the Sun, Exalted of the Eclipse. My shard is colloquially known as the Golden Dragon. I look forward to serving alongside you in this new deliberative. Now, and I hope this is not impolite, if I may ask why your lunar compatriot was flying? Or rather, why was he flown?"
    Seeing Lilac shudder and try to hide he gently raises a hand to his shoulder and taps Fokuf once on the knee. Nodding, the little lion monkey leaps onto Lilac's shoulders and gently tries to comfort her with a pat on the head. The Monkey glares warningly at the Dragon blood.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

He takes her hand. "Keldin." He offers no additional titles. "Is it common for the Exalted in this city to have so little regard for the people we are tasked to lead and protect? I have been here an hour and I have seen neglect and reckless behavior."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Honored Brother, I am Aquerne of the Eclipse, born Princess of the Neck and known as the White Lady of Kirighast, she heartily greets Koyo Offendson.

Her face darkens when she turns to Keldin, "Much has to be done, and promptly. The foundation of the Deliberative must be laid correctly. There is much indecisiveness".

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Koyo demurs slightly as Keldin's objections seemingly gloss over his own. To be expected really, of the two he'd likely speak to Keldin's concerns first were he in Aquerene's shoes. After all, Koyo was reasonably certain that nothing he could do would be as effective as one of Keldin's punches. He does perk up slightly at the mention of the deliberative.
    "To that end, I was wondering if within the city we have enough members for a quorum?"
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Shiori steps forward and offers a hand to the lady Eclipse. "I am Ardis Shiori of the Twilight Caste, doctor of Fella." She gestures to the Air Aspect standing nearby. "And this is my assistant, Glacier Lily." Lily bows to their hostess, although she keeps sneaking looks at the other Dragon-Blood. "I too would like to know why Uka the Boar was flying. Particularly since he was doing so without wings."
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

White Lilac lightly tugs Koyo's sleeve and says "Is Cathak!", glaring at the Dragon-Blooded.

Aquerne looks up, "Quorum? This is the right question, the first question, and it speaks little of us that we got stuck at it...you see, we are divided: some of us think we should vote to accept all Lunars as equal members, and only then vote on anything else or even consider the Deliberative found. Others believe we first have to elect a Chairman, create procedure, and only after that vote on full Lunar membership. Both sides have their arguments, of which you'd soon hear much."

The While Lady waves in the direction of the Palace and dismisses the soldiers.
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-13 at 02:58 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasm View Post
    Shiori steps forward and offers a hand to the lady Eclipse. "I am Ardis Shiori of the Twilight Caste, doctor of Fella." She gestures to the Air Aspect standing nearby. "And this is my assistant, Glacier Lily." Lily bows to their hostess, although she keeps sneaking looks at the other Dragon-Blood. "I too would like to know why Uka the Boar was flying. Particularly since he was doing so without wings."

Aquerne greets Shiori and Glacier Lily and chuckles lightly, "You'll have to ask the great boar himself. A doctor you say? Most interesting. Perhaps we could be of use to one another."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

"If I may be so bold as to question, that seems to cover the current discussion as to the Celestial Exalts, but what of our Terrestial brothers? I see we have one among our number gathered here at least."
    He gives a short but respectful bow to the Dragonblood.
    "Cathak... I must admit your given name is not known to me. My apologies for my mortal companion. It seems you terrify her. Might I ask why? Not to assign a fault, sir, but I do try to know everything I can. Knowledge being one path to enlightenment, after all."
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

"The solution, to me, seems obvious. We cannot risk a chairman holding power, a first among equals is intolerable. But someone must preside over the opening discussions. A chairman, mediator, whatever title you wish should be appointed, but once their service is no longer needed, and the Deliberative formed, they should go into exile for twice the length of time as he held office, with no communication between them and any Exalt in the Deliberative. This solution will benefit us threefold. They will find it difficult to retain their power base after long absence, it will help ensure the person who is chosen can set aside their personal ambition, and it will aid us in settling pressing matters quickly, such as the status of our Lunar brothers, the situation of mortals here in the city, and the bandits I have heard of on the Isle itself, operating in the neighboring province no less." He looks at Shiori. "Learned sister, if you can do anything to awaken this overgrown lout, we can settle one of the city's problems here and now. I would be most grateful." He clasps his hands before him and bows to the Twilight.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Dragonblood regards the incoming exalts for a long, quiet moment. His long black hair, thick eyebrows, and stern expression give him an overall impression of noble contempt. He looks like he may be in his late twenties. His panoply consists of red jade plate armor, done in the style of Old Realm traditional. On his back rests a massive daiklave, made of the same.

When at last he speaks, after looking to each Solar in turn, his voice is humble, deferential in contrast to his fierce glare. "... My name is Cathak Azeri. "

Azeri's voice breaks a bit, as he gestures toward himself with great passion. "I am here at the noble behest of the Solar Deliberative! And I am DEEPLY HONORED to meet you, honored Lawgivers!!!"

He's kind of shouting.
    Last edited by Django; 2015-03-13 at 01:40 PM.
    Games I Run

Characters
    Othvard Noutheim, Perceptive Seeker Who Delved Too Deep (Burrowers Below)IC|OOC

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

The hellish engine at last lands. A spot in the chest seems to just open, malfean brass folding on itself and a figure jumps down.

It is a big man, wearing hard leather clothin, and a cloak of what appears to be a wolf skin with fur still attached to it. Except it's been dyed blue. And the wolf's skull apparently doing the parts of a helmet has instead been painted lines in several garish colors. The figure carries pouches, some with herbs peeking out of them. The pouches do nothing to stop the smells, some most foul, some most fragrant, and varying from all the ranges in between. Also hanging are prayer pieces and some other paper. From what you can see of the head it appears to be a man. He covers his lower face with leather strips working as a mask

"Sickness? Is easy to cure. Some of this, some of that. Bit of thistle! Hot water to make tea. Done. Sickness cured.

The man laughs looking at the Lunar that is being carried

"Aaah. Uka! Fainted again have he? Could never hold his liquor. I remember one time, I handed him drinking horn made from very tiny goat. Very watered wine inside. He had half a sip and crashed!"

You recognize a lie. Easily.

"Where are my manners. We are in city land. I am Logrym Stormbless Flamesbane. This is very angry and powerful demon" he points at his machine

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Alright, let's take it down a notch, shall we? Keldin, if it's there has been reckless and dangerous behavior, shouting about it in the street won't accomplish anything. Aquerne, if I may ask, how many Solars are in the city right now? And who precisely is this One King?" Leopard keeps his tone calm, and rigidly controlled, but it's clear that a steadily growing irritation lies beneath the carefully modulated tones.

"Azeri. It's a pleasure. And you as well Shiori, Lily." Some of the hardness in his tone evaporates as he greats the other new comers, but tension remains.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    "Aaah. Uka! Fainted again have he? Could never hold his liquor. I remember one time, I handed him drinking horn made from very tiny goat. Very watered wine inside. He had half a sip and crashed!"

You recognize a lie. Easily.

"Where are my manners. We are in city land. I am Logrym Stormbless Flamesbane. This is very angry and powerful demon" he points at his machine
    "He is not drunk. I was forced to strike him. In my judgement a little humiliation for him is more than worth the lives of several soldiers and citizens. And your flippant attitude is hardly commendable either. Just what is that...thing, and why do you have it?"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

As the situation is seemingly greater and greater from his control Koyo feels his blood begin to rise. To be ignored by his fellow Lawgivers was one thing, to be the least among equals did not trouble him. But despite his hopes for tolerance and even words to that effect to be ignored by someone who is clearly either done harm to a mortal in his care or would at least be able to speak to that harm was in excusable. He feels the twining paths of essence through his mind, places his hand at the ring on his hand, preparing to force the issue, to demand the attention of his peers.

But then... A breath.

In for five beats of his heart. Out for six. He turns and smiles as gently as he can to White Lilac and then turns back to their host.
    "Are there compartments prepared for the deliberative's use? I had hoped to unpack a few articles and settle my secretary and familiar."
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Azeri gestures to Koyo. "Er, a moment, Sai Offendson. I have never met your companion before, so I cannot imagine doing anything to warrant such terror... But I am told that I have a very intimidating personage." Azeri speaks Low Realm with all the affectations of top class noble, though he seems to be taking pains to sound both deferential and accommodating. A far cry from the typical Dynast's haughty disregard for mortals.

Spoiler
    Show
    The vagaries of the PBP format and Azeri being starstruck by all the amazing Solars led to his lack of an immediate response to Koyo. He would never dream of giving a Lawgiver the cold shoulder.
    Last edited by Django; 2015-03-13 at 08:24 PM.
    Games I Run

Characters

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Koyo looks to Cathak Azeri with a slight exhaustion. Finally he sighs and addresses the terrestrial in Old Realm.
    "My apologies sir, but I do not speak Lower or Higher Realm. I do not suppose you speak River tongue or Older Realm?"
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurejones View Post
    Koyo looks to Cathak Azeri with a slight exhaustion. Finally he sighs and addresses the terrestrial in Old Realm.
    "My apologies sir, but I do not speak Lower or Higher Realm. I do not suppose you speak River tongue or Older Realm?"
    "He introduced himself and apologized for the reaction of your companion. I should say, I speak Low and High Realm, and Riverspeak."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

"My thanks. I think the most certain lesson of the day for me has been a need to learn both dialects of the modern realm as soon as possible."
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

"I believe we all need to become familiar with more languages. My apologies for the lack of introduction earlier, but a large pig-man almost landed on us and demanded some attention."

24. - Top - End - #54

Azeri nods, and switches to an accented Riverspeak."My apologies. As I say, I know of no reason this young lady would fear me so; Though, I would imagine many common mortals would have reason to fear someone arrayed as I am."

"While I would hope for a voice in the Deliberative, and a chance to aid the new Realm to the best of my ability... In my heart, I fear that the Dyanstic Heads will be utterly opposed to any sharing of power. Even before the Empress disappeared, they had grown greedy, wicked, and unfit to lead."

Azeri smiles, his strict martial expression softening with it. "The Solars have returned at this hour, when we are at our most divided and misguided, to lead the Realm back into greatness. At least, this is what I choose to believe."
    Games I Run

Characters

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Shiori nods to Aquerne, intrigued. "Do you or someone you know require medical care?" At Keldin's request, she walks over to take a look at the unconscious Lunar. He's probably fine- in Shiori's admittedly limited experience with Lunars, they tend to be incredibly tough- but she channels a spark of Essence toward him anyway. What ails you?

While the Twilight occupies herself with doctoring, Glacier Lily watches the conversation with Cathak Azeri. "Um, if anybody needs a translator, I speak Skytongue, Riverspeak, Old Realm and High Realm. So does Shiori, she's the one who taught me. We still need to learn Low Realm though, not many people speak that where we come from." She smiles tentatively at Azeri.

Spoiler: Charm
    Show
    Firing off Flawless Diagnosis Technique on Uki.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

"What? Her? Logrym asks as he bangs the leg of the hellstrider WE have giant armor yes? This is kinda like giant armor, only made by demons! At least that is what all of my motonic probing could determine, but truth be told I lack the the proper tools. I believe it is called a Hellstrider"

"As for how I got, you see, during the attack on Malfeas, it kinda became part of my exit plan from the Demon City back into Creation. So, it is in way captured demon. But don't worry. I pay it one jade obol per month!"

He coughs a bit, and turns back to Old Realm while looking at Koyo

<Old Realm> "So you speak in the ancient language? But not the twisted version of it? My apologies then, you must have missed much of what I've said. Allow me to introduct myself. I'm Logryn Stormbless Flamesbane, Khmeri Shaman of the Alchemical Concotions and also of the Enchantments. May I take it that you're some kind of scholar? Do you happen to have the capability of analyzing a being such as the Infernal Relic that stands behind me?"<>

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofSilence View Post
    " Aquerne, if I may ask, how many Solars are in the city right now? And who precisely is this One King?" Leopard keeps his tone calm, and rigidly controlled, but it's clear that a steadily growing irritation lies beneath the carefully modulated tones.
    Aquerne adorably squints, "Some tend to come and go...about fifty have made the city their home already. There are at least four full circles, mine, Panther's, Ikaru's, and Shadow's...hopefully soon to be five when all of the Nightingale of Nine Swords' one reincarnate. There are many more half-circles or sole brothers and sisters.

I met the king many years ago, when he had the misfortune to face my circlemate, the Doer of Due Deeds, in a duel. Back then, he was just a petty king, but one with a vision. Eventually, his vision came true - he managed to unite the Hundred Kingdoms into the One Kingdom, and so his sobriquet was earned.

The king is a Chosen of the Dawn, a general, and a cautious leader. His ways of waging war surpass any other I have seen."

"Are there compartments prepared for the deliberative's use? I had hoped to unpack a few articles and settle my secretary and familiar."
    "Most certainly! We are in possession of both the Scarlet's Empress Palace and the Mouth of Peace's Palace. They are magnificent and offer plenty of room," Aquerne says.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasm View Post
    Shiori nods to Aquerne, intrigued. "Do you or someone you know require medical care?" At Keldin's request, she walks over to take a look at the unconscious Lunar. He's probably fine- in Shiori's admittedly limited experience with Lunars, they tend to be incredibly tough- but she channels a spark of Essence toward him anyway. What ails you?
    Aquerne smiles, "I meant to say I am a student of medicine myself', and then she turns to everyone, "I am also versed in many languages. I'll be happy to oblige with lessons".

Shiori concludes the great Lunar has been defeated by a powerful blow suffused with Solar Essence...
    Spoiler
    Show
    While Uka has suffered bashing damage, the true reason for his unconsciousness is a Crippling effect of Solar Hero origin. Unless you can and want to remove it magically, you'll have to give him some time to recover

Keldin has the uneasy feeling the hellish machine of brass and demon flesh is measuring him up...
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 12:38 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Shiori brightens at Aquerne's statement that she too studies medicine. "I see! Perhaps we can compare notes sometime." She stands up, dusting her hands. "Uka will be fine, he just needs to sleep it off. That was a mighty blow, Keldin." So many people, all trying to talk at once!

The Twilight inclines her head to Logrym, and then Azeri. "Shaman Logrym, Lord Cathak. It is a pleasure to meet you both."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

"If I may be so bold as to question, that seems to cover the current discussion as to the Celestial Exalts, but what of our Terrestial brothers? I see we have one among our number gathered here at least."
    Aquerne brightens up, "Oh, there are many: The Roseblack leads a legion of Imperials turned to our side and looks after the Temple District. You can also find Ledaal Kes, Cathak Alkun, Nellens Poramo, Peleps Raj, and Sesus Nagezzer here. Lookshy has also sent a legion, they are currently in the Western Borough. The commanding officer of the One Kingdom for the city is a Chosen of Daana'd, General Jai, looking after the Palace District, the Port District, and the Eastern Borough. Come to think of it, all of the city except for the Market District and the Southern Borough is administered by Dragon-Blooded commanders.

Hopefully, soon all of the Realm's Dragon-Blooded will rally behind us!"
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 01:15 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Finally, you reach the palace itself. Surrounded by vast parks, the twin palaces of the Scarlet Empress and the Mouth of Peace rise as a wall of spendor blocking the southern horizon. Seven jade-encrusted spires of glass and marble aim for the sky, each higher than the previous. At the ground floor, the palace begins with semi-open spaces of pillars and shades, suitable for large gatherings in the mellow climate of the Blessed Isle. One to your right currently holds many illustrious guests in what appears to be part-feast, part-debate split in many small, interchanging groups.

Straight ahead of you the marble-tiled, gold-flecked main alley ends up in a grandiose staircase leading to the main gates of the Imperial Palace. Two dragon statues frame it.

To the left, serene gardens surround an amphitheatre of exquisite blue marble, giving it the appearance of a pool. As for pools, there are a few in the gardens, each with a dragon-fountain inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    presuming everyone will head to the gathering to the right; anyone not going there let me know
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 01:31 AM.