New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Servants of a Desperate World (Dark Heresy on Polimus Scar, IC)

Quint Hirrus
    Quint gives the woman a gelt piece, grabs the glass of amasec and walks over to the table where the group is sitting. He walks over to the booth and dumps his meagre possesions on the ground. Looking at the booth he immediately recognizes the armor of sister of the ecclesiarchy. His fingers started to twitch a little as he remembers the last time he saw a sister of battle. These were not pleasant memories. Snapping out of his reverie he says: "Mind if I join?" and sits down in an empty spot. He takes a sip from his amasec and starts eyeing his companions. He notices a fellow guardsman sitting across from him. The boy must be no older than twenty years, Quint figures. He nods in his direction and looks at the others around him. He notices a filthy looking beggar sitting besides the sister and wonders what he is doing here. Finally his eyes come across the dandy looking fellow with a stack of papers in front of him. Quint takes note of the inquisitorial -][- printed in the header of the first page. This must be our contact he thinks as he takes another sip from his drink.
    Last edited by Nibbler; 2015-03-16 at 02:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Behind the Curtain: The man laughs amicably, Of course, of course, please do! He points to the figure of Alaric behind you And bring your friend. It seems we are almost all here, just two empty seats left. He begins to again search through the black bag, while still keeping one hand atop the documents.
    Last edited by thebothan; 2015-03-16 at 02:37 PM.
    I am Currently Transitioning Living Spaces, I will be spotty at best.. I hope it doesn't inconvenience anyone.
    I check GITP at least 2/day.

The Polimus Scar 40k setting

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

A few moments after Alaric left the bar she looks at the unpurchased water before saying, "Well, he was cheap." Chatty slides her token back into her hand before making her way over to the table where everyone seemed to have gathered. Before reaching it she pops the disk back into her mouth.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Phrix favors the bartender with a feral grin, running her tongue over her filed teeth. She then turned to move back towards the gathering of men and women. She would walk through the curtain, and acknowledge no one, taking a chair and placing it far against the wall. The only person to intrigue her, was the woman in power armor, a smart move, one never knew when violence would begin...Phrix had a way of attracting it. She waited in silence for the man to talk. Clearly the foppish one was the boss for the day.
    Super Cool Set of Monster Classes

Realmz Project an interesting rules rewrite for the E6 and other games.

Salamandar Apothecary by Emperor Ing

5. - Top - End - #35

NecromancerGuy

And with that, the table was full. You each look up and down the table, a motley assortment at the least. Less like a professional group, and more like a press gang. Now that we are all here, I believe the only sensible thing to do is to get things started. The man finishes rummaging around in the bag and pulls out a head sized metal device, and turning a few knobs, he sets it down on the table. A light humming emanates from the machine, completely drowning out the sound beyond the curtain. He breaths a sigh of relief, and then seems to mentally prepare himself, then launches into a speech, clearly something he has given a lot of thought about: We all know why we are here, you have been called. Luckily for you, you answered. He raises a finger into the sky, and recites as if from a catechism Those who reject His call reject their own soul. You have all been selected as candidates for promotion into a new cell, in order to provide some...overlap.. in Inquisitorial operations. He looks around nervously and his voice drops down low, I am sure you are all aware changes are in the wind, and not everyone is happy about their fates. He returns to his normal volume and facial expression The exact details of your employment are still not fully cemented, all I can tell you is that at this moment, this is a permanent position inside a supplemental cell. His face breaks out into a full grin I certainly hope you were all pleasant to the bartender, because this building is going to be your base of operations. He gets out of his chair and stiffly walks over to the wall behind everyone, and pulling out a small ring, slides it into what looks like a bullet hole in the wall. With a click the wall on the left side of the table drops down revealing a winding staircase. I also hope everyone doesn't mind a bit of a walk, your quarters are three floors up. Oh, and you'll find a little extra gear up there, but no room assignment, everyone picks their own crash zone. We only got three rooms: 346, 347 and 348. So you will need to buddy up, this is a working neighborhood, lots of tenants have much worse conditions. Plus we didn't want you to stand out he grins and motions towards the sister At least any more than you already do... Lets see, I covered rooms, purpose, secret passage...That's everything.. unless you have any questions of your own? The man takes a large breath, almost winded form the effort.
    I am Currently Transitioning Living Spaces, I will be spotty at best.. I hope it doesn't inconvenience anyone.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Solomon returns Quints nod also recognizing a fellow guardsman but sits up in his chair looking more alert as the mystery man starts to talk. after hearing what he has to say Solomon speaks up "What sort of gear is waiting for us? Also is there an eta on when we'll be sent on our first assignment?" Solomon pauses a moment to think of other questions to ask then speaks again "Ah and is there anything about the area we should know about? it would probably be a good idea if we knew about anything we should look out for"

7. - Top - End - #37

NecromancerGuy

Your first assignment will be sent to you in two to five days, depending on how quickly the target shows up in an imperial database the man grins your employers hope that you will take this time to do your own investigation into the area, my own information is scarce, but I didn't notice anything particularly dangerous around here, perhaps a few workers who tried to get a little close to any mark, but nothing that should pose to much of a threat to soldiers like you. As to the gear upstairs, I took the liberty of getting a few provisions and necessities for you sent up there, as well as some new clothes to help you blend in, oh and pass rings, to allow you to come and go from this place as needed.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Solomon nods at the mans words and says "If no one has any other questions I think I'll go take a look at the rooms and take stock of what we were given" Solomon looks around to see if anyone else has questions

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Merydi landed from the orbital pilgram fleet her feet feeling strange under anything but ship floor. Merydi had grown up aboard the explorator ship "vengeful enlightment" a ship where her clan had called home for generations upon generations. Her sea blue hair waved in the breeze, she felt she'd never quite get used to the way air moves dirt side.

As she moves through the crowds she reaches out with her senses. Merydi could feel everyone around her. Their souls flickering in her witch sight like candles in a errie wind. She moves swiftly threw the throngs of people who barely register she is there such is the insidiousness of the witch and no small part of why she hated other psykers so much. None without the guiding light of the empereor could be trusted. All were corruptible and open to the ravages of warp but those who act with the emperors will can bend that corruption to their will.

Merydi runs late distracted by soul flickers that moved suspiciously as she investigates them. By the time she gets to the meeting place the bartender is back to her book.

Merydi places the token on the bar without saying anything after being struck by a feeling of unease and pain. By the throne what is going on why do i feel so uneasy. I haven't felt this since the holds of the black ship.

The bartender motions to the table and then she see him. Not the man talking over logistics and purpose but the blank. She stares "Throne of Terra" why a blank why another damnable blank untouchable abomination. It was like staring into a wrong empty space. She gathers her strength and listens to details as best she can.

As our contact finishes speaking merydi voices her concern"++I have but one requiement and that is that i sleep as far from that thing as possible++" She points at the blank and grimaces her voice emotional but metalic as it issues from the voice box concealed just below the skin of her throat
    Last edited by cybric; 2015-03-16 at 11:55 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

10. - Top - End - #40

MindFlayer

Severine looks up from her Chaplet, rotating one bead between her thumb and index finger and asks quietly,

@Merdi Most likely, you will be bunking with me. @The unnamed Interrogator I do have one question. Who *are* our employers? And please...be specific.

Spoiler: Scrutiny 16
    Show

(1d100)[3]

HAHA! Made it lol with one degree too! But if this is an Interrogator worth his salt his deceive (should he be using it at all) will totally outstrip my roll.
    Last edited by Brox; 2015-03-17 at 12:45 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Klightus had nodded along as the man spoke, and questions were asked. All of it was kept very loose, and very vague. Not exactly something one wanted when they were expected to perform according to standards by an organization with the reputation and power of the Inquisition. His hands tightened around his staff, gripping it hard enough to turn his knuckles white. There was a certain way about him, the cleanliness of his hair and robes, the way he looked people in the eye, not entirely intimidated by the thought of the Inquistion, or the other obviously heavily armed people, wary to be certain, but not intimidated. A sort of quiet confidence that said he was used to dealing with figures of power, be it the Daughters of the Emperor, heavily armed soldiers, or Administratum Adepts bearing the seal of the Inquisition.

"It is to be a test then, to see how well we fare in the dark, weeding out the weak who fail to perform on their own initiative before orders are passed down," he stated, no question. It seemed obvious to him with the set up. He gave a moment for the Adept to give some tell if it was true or not, either by his secretive reflexes or actual admission.

Switching seamlessly to High Gothic as he stood up, he looked to Sister Severine, "If it is acceptable to you, noble Daughter, I would prefer to pool our capabilities in this task set before us. I have been raised and nurtured by the Adepta Sororitas, and am well familiar with the needs of your orders and the religious rites needed in your daily orders. In these dark places of uncertainty, surely it is best to trust in those who are at least familiar in thought in deed." He offered a soft smile and and a bow of his head, waiting for the sister to reply.

Spoiler: Mechanics!
    Show
    Well, for reference for Brox if he wants to know just how good Klightus actually is at smooth talking... or how badly I can botch things with dice regularly...

Charm Test: (1d100)[15] vs 50 Fellowship, +0 Trained in Charm, Peer (Ecclesiarchy) for +10.

Base Mark of 30 for Disgusted.
    Base Mark of 40 for Contemptful.
    Base Mark of 50 for Disdainful.
    Base Mark of 60 for Indifferent.
    Base Mark of 70 for Favorable.
    Base Mark of 80 for Affectionate.
    Base Mark of 90 for Infatuated.
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

12. - Top - End - #42

MindFlayer

Severine smiles at Klightus but holds her hand up, warding off his words gently,

I had thought he same thing, but I would like to hear how this agent answers my question.

13. - Top - End - #43

NecromancerGuy

The man smiles at the arrival of Merydi,Seems I was a little early in declaring we were all here, and forgot to set the right number of chairs..my apologies. Looking over at the sister of battle he simply gives a slight hand-wave For the time, let your soul delight knowing you serve the most holy Inquisition of Terra, more specifically the Polimus Conclave. I am sure you are all capable of naming a singular name, but right now I am afraid my lords and masters have asked for smoke and mirrors, and so I must leave that information in the dark. You will become better acquainted with your masters as time passes. he looks to Klightus And of course after a few tests are passed as well.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Merydi

Trust in the Emperor all else are suspect. During her time in the Ordo Hereticus she had hunted down many that shielded themselves behind the mask of righteousness and duty but this man didn't feel like them and she had been directed here by her ordo contacts. She adjusted the straps of her flak vest which had a combat knife and spare rounds for her revolver in it. Her mercy knife was attached to the holster at her side for if the worst came to pass and the denizens of the warp over took her.

++Healthy skepticism is important in our line of work but for the time...this will have to do++

@Severine ++Good sister, as long as I don't have to sleep next to that. I've spent time with his kind before and trying to sleep anywhere near them is a nightmare in and of itself. I'm known as Merydi Das Venlightment but you may call me by my clanless name "Mer"++

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

15. - Top - End - #45

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by thebothan View Post
    The man smiles at the arrival of Merydi,Seems I was a little early in declaring we were all here, and forgot to set the right number of chairs..my apologies. Looking over at the sister of battle he simply gives a slight hand-wave For the time, let your soul delight knowing you serve the most holy Inquisition of Terra, more specifically the Polimus Conclave. I am sure you are all capable of naming a singular name, but right now I am afraid my lords and masters have asked for smoke and mirrors, and so I must leave that information in the dark. You will become better acquainted with your masters as time passes. he looks to Klightus And of course after a few tests are passed as well.
    Severine let's her eyes fall in disappointment, but then rise again with another question

My soul rejoices in serving the Emperor of Man. There is no higher calling. Your words are well chosen, indeed. But since you exempted yourself from the necessary evasion, you can leave us with your name instead. Trust, after all, is the build block of any fruitful relationship.

To all at this table, I am Severine, Novitiate of the Order of Our Martyred Lady, Saint Katherine. You may call me "Novice", or, if more familiar terms are required, Severine. And I am please to make your acquaintance. Placing her left hand over her heart, thumb upraised and bent at the primary joint. Her right hand rests over the back of her left, thumb similarly upraised, forming the Aquilla Saint Katherine, Shield-Bearer of Blessed Saint Alicia Dominica, hear the voice of your children who wander into dark places in His holy Name. Intercede for us before the Holy Throne on Terra, and watch over us in our time of need.
    Last edited by Brox; 2015-03-17 at 08:17 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by cybric View Post
    Merydi places the token on the bar without saying anything after being struck by a feeling of unease and pain. By the throne what is going on why do i feel so uneasy. I haven't felt this since the holds of the black ship.

The bartender motions to the table and then she see him. Not the man talking over logistics and purpose but the blank. She stares "Throne of Terra" why a blank why another damnable blank untouchable abomination. It was like staring into a wrong empty space. She gathers her strength and listens to details as best she can.

As our contact finishes speaking merydi voices her concern"++I have but one requiement and that is that i sleep as far from that thing as possible++" She points at the blank and grimaces her voice emotional but metalic as it issues from the voice box concealed just below the skin of her throat

"Sooooo our WITCH has arrived. I figured one of you would be touched...." She had hissed the title with all the venom she could muster, flashing her sharpened teeth and dropping her hand to her swords hilt. It was instinctive, and in Phrix's mind very necessary. Her eye's wouldn't leave her new found 'adversary' for the rest of the meeting, the hard grey of them flowing through a series of emotions as she watched the creature before her. Phrix knew he own 'talents' and if this witch had any sense, she would make it a point to stay away.

She waited for their contact to finish his discussion, realizing that the rooming situation would become....strained. "I stay with fellow guardsman, good Imperial order keep us on best behavior"
    Super Cool Set of Monster Classes

Realmz Project an interesting rules rewrite for the E6 and other games.

Salamandar Apothecary by Emperor Ing

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

"Calm down everyone. I like, witches, as little as anyone. Glad I never heard of one in the Pemsway. But, she serves the emperor and our lords in the Inquisition as the rest of us." Chatty flashes a brown toothed grin. She pauses and reaches into her mouth taking the token out again and holding it in the palm of her hand. "This, is a sign of trust I guess. We are, after a fashion here for the same reason. So. Lets not say that we hate each other at the very least."

18. - Top - End - #48

NecromancerGuy

The man bristles, he seems somewhat reluctant to speak his name in your company, then he smiles again, something he seems to do quite often in social situations, it is starting to come off as a less and less affectionate trait. Of course, I suppose my own name is a fine trade off for those I work for. He stands abruptly, and pulls a few more centimeters out of his posture, as he strikes a pose deserving of a career on the stage. You speak to Inquisitorial Agent Adjunct Vissarius Bennedict, Third born from the illustrious line of the Bennedicts, traders at large. Now following the illustrious employ of their immaculate lords of the true citizen, the Inquisition of Holy Heights on Terra and the Sector Government of Polimus Scar.

He bends down and picks up his bag, hastily stuffs the folders into it, and begins to fiddle with the device on the table. It is good tidings that you are hashing out your differences, now if you excuse me, I have a transport to catch. The noise of the bar begins to enter your sanctuary, snippets of raucous laughter and clinking metal can be heard over the low hum of the machine. I would recommend you make your way upstairs soon. They will be able to hear us.
    Last edited by thebothan; 2015-03-17 at 09:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

++So you say witch as if it's supposed to hurt abomination. Aye I'm a witch touched by the warp but I am also a weapon weilded by the emperor in this fight against the darkness. You want me here, the Emperor wants me here because here there a true witches to find true filth to expunge and bear witness to. Aye I am damn by my birth but you are damn by your very existence.++

With that Merydi removes her hand from her revolver if the techno-dog was going to make a move she already would have. Blanks are a pain but they bleed out just as easily as anyone else as Merydi had ever met. She grabs one of the service rings and heads into the openning carrying her small shatchel of belongings with her, memories from her travels.

++Let it never be said that Merydi das Venlightment could not put the mission before existential differenes. I have bigger fish to fry than you she-wolf. There are many that await us to show them the Emperors daming grace after all++ and with that Merydi walks through the door and starts to assend the stairs humming a hymm to the Emperor from her childhood that was song at the purging of the unclean.

Spoiler: witch burning hymm
    Show
    Last edited by cybric; 2015-03-17 at 10:50 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quint Hirrus
    Witches and ferals... ****ing great... Quint murmurs. He stands up and picks up his gear. Ferals are rough around the edges but you never know what will happen with those psykers he thought. Come on. Let's check out our room and equipment then. He says to the two guardsmen as he points at the door and starts to ascend the stairs, keeping a safe distance from the psyker. No need to be foolish now Quint, he thinks as his fingers quiver slightly as he walks up the steps.
    Last edited by Nibbler; 2015-03-18 at 02:11 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Solomon gets up from his chair and stretches then speaks up "Well I have no arguments about bunking with my fellow guardsmen it'll be just like being back in the barracks oh and for those that don't know my name is Solomon Mar." He stops to listens to Chatty "I agree with the miss here" He nods at chatty " as long as they are loyal to the emperor I have no problem with them but..." Here He waits till Merydi is out of earshot "should the worst happen i think we have enough firepower to stop her before she gets out of hand." He sigh's then starts following Quint
    Last edited by Slavezero; 2015-03-18 at 03:47 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Alaric
    As people were getting up Alaric clears his voice quietly and waves at their patron "Excuse me, but what is your intent that we do with this mark of yours? Has he been marked for investigation or something more... permanent?"

23. - Top - End - #53

NecromancerGuy

Vissarius Bennedict smiles, then walks out the curtain seeming to ignore your question.

The Stairwell: Climbing up the passage, you pass by isolated lumen posts which barely illuminate the winding stairway. After a few minutes of climbing, you finally reach a simple metal door.

24. - Top - End - #54

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost49X View Post
    Alaric
    As people were getting up Alaric clears his voice quietly and waves at their patron "Excuse me, but what is your intent that we do with this mark of yours? Has he been marked for investigation or something more... permanent?"
    I have a feeling you've just been told to put a bolter round in it, then burn it, then burn the ashes, then scatter what's left across multiple systems. You ready for that?

Severine slaps the Adept on the back in a comradely manner, then moves to the door.

Best to pick up your feet friend. You may be stuck sleeping in a lonely hallway somewhere unpleasant.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thebothan View Post
    Vissarius Bennedict smiles, then walks out the curtain seeming to ignore your question.

The Stairwell: Climbing up the passage, you pass by isolated lumen posts which barely illuminate the winding stairway. After a few minutes of climbing, you finally reach a simple metal door.
    Merydi makes her way up the stairs to the metal door and pushes it open

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Solomon still following Quint asks "so since we were left to our own devices on this investigation does anyone have any idea's on what to do first? I think we should look around and find out what's where so we can map out the area a bit but if anyone has a better idea I'm all ears"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well, this all was up to a fabulous start.

Klightus wasn't entirely sure how to take is new found 'comrades'. Lots of personal issues were getting in the way. There was a clear division in the rank between the Guardsmen and others. He was loathe to go hunting with them. You had to count on your fellow huntsmen in a pinch, and while he didn't think any of them would openly betray him, he had little doubt that they'd be unable to function as a single cohesive unit.

He started making his way up the stairs, in no great hurry and free to let others push past him if they wanted. He wanted the time to think. What they had available was a safe house that may or may not be compromised. They were given an unstated goal that they were being Tested on to determine their worth to the Inquisition. Klightus had little doubt that the price for failure on the test would be that terrible for him. The Inquisition could grind him to dust, but why piss off a nobleman's family? Even the Inquisition needed good will and allies beyond the might and intimidation their rank brought. The rest of them? Far less certain of their status. He was sure the Sister would come out unscathed either way. He doubted that she was picked for any undercover work, and it was hard to imagine a Sister would fail in measures of Faith or Fire. Or that an Inquisitor would execute one of His Daughters just for some minor failing.

He shook his head as he got near the top of the stairs. What was he supposed to actually do? They had some target slated out for a mission in less than a week. That much was revealed. So there was some sort of HERESY going on, in this region, right at the moment. Were they to engage? That would explain the high level of combat trained men and women in the group. Were they supposed to be gathering information? "Knowledge is Power, Guard it Well" as the Sister used to tell him all the time.

Most of the people here looked... far too loud for subtle investigation. People used to direct conflict, clear lines. He was probably one of the few who actually had any experience dealing with people in ways that didn't involve direct orders or pulling triggers.

... He took a deep, slow breath as he got to the top of the steps and went to open the door. The demand on the high born was always far greater than any could imagine, after all.
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

28. - Top - End - #58

NecromancerGuy

Pushing open the metal door, you find yourself in a dingy hallway, barely wide enough for two people to walk side by side, a sign of Forge efficiency. On either side of the hallway at regular intervals are metal doors, dented and scrapped, each labeled with a number, the nearest one you can see if slightly off to the left on the other side of the hall, reads 342. The hallway is faux wood, scrapped and dented worse than the doorways. This entire area smells of grease, oil and human filth. Unpleasant to say the least. Half the lighting elements down the hallway are broken, or flicker irregularly.

Down to your right you can hear the sounds of someone playing a musical instrument, a odd almost wobbling sound, that gyrates between notes in a somber melody.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

"Might as well let them do the busy work." she starts to get up. She wipes the disk clean once more and steps through the curtain to the rest of the pub. Chatty quickly looks around for prying eyes. Hopefully the habbers would be to drunk to notice much. The real question was the bartender.

At the bar she puts the washer down. "Well, get a lot of strange crowds in here?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Solomon Looks around at what he can see of the hall way and trys to find where the music is coming from as he continues to walk to our rooms
    Spoiler: awareness
    Show
    (1d100)[26] vs. 37 yay i beat it
    Last edited by Slavezero; 2015-03-18 at 10:46 PM.