New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default homebrew 3.5 question.

So I am playing a "boss" that will join the game as a friend and attempt to use the party to cause a calamity on the world. The boss I am playing, and have full ability to mod is here
    http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1104.0

However I noticed an issue right away, as one would expect from player made content - there are flaws and loopholes.

Spoiler: Corrupter initiate
    Show
    Corrupter initiate: The Succubus can use Detect Good, Detect Thoughts, Charm Person as SLAs twice per day per HD, any DC=10+1/2HD+Cha modifier. If she multiclasses for an arcane/divince class she can count her succubus levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and geting new spell slots. So for example, a succubus 3 who took 1 level of sorceror could choose to have CL 4, get 3 2nd level spell slots, 1 1st level spell slot, 1 2nd level spell known and 1 0th level spell known. She wouldn't get the spell knowns and spell slots of a sorceror 3 however. She would get the familiar ability, but succubus levels wouldn't count for it.

The sentence " If she multiclasses for an arcane/divince class she can count her succubus levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and geting new spell slots" is the first issue

question 1: what does / truly stand for? It if stands for or then I think I would rule that only one count, but if it sands for and/or, both, or otherwise applies to both, then in theory, by picking up one level of any arcane caster and one level of any divine caster, I would effectively has the best mystic theurge ever.

also please note that I am using the spell point system for this so I dont have to worry about like 120 spells lol

question 2: Lilitu has an ability much like it but reads,
    Spoiler: Mock Divinity
    Show
    Mock Divinity: A Lilitu becomes able to cast spells as a cleric of her Lilitu level+4, except she gains no domains and can user Cha as her main casting stat. This stacks with actual cleric levels, but not with the Sucubus Corrupter Initiate ability.

scenario:I pick a divine caster for succubus, gaining my 7 levels and my "cleric" level granting me spells as an 8th level cleric. I pick up one level of Liltu. Now my 7 levels from succubus dont stack with Mock Divinity, but the 1 level of cleric does still (in theory, unless you think its already accounted for and thus, rendered void) so I have Liltu level + cleric level (1) +4, so at lv 1, would I be casting as an 8th lv cleric & a 5th level cleric at the same time, but with different spells/spell points/book keeping?

question 3: Lastly, I need one awesome base class/prestige class that I can enter to aid me and gain really nice ability's from.
    What I am thinking is succubus7,Lilitu1, incantrix 3, sand shaper 1, and mystic theurge 8.
    The real issue I have tho is I dont think sand shaper would work unless I have one level of an arcane casting class to start with.

So here I am, bringing this up to you guys. Im looking for creative insight for solving this issue, and I hope someone can help :)

~D~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: homebrew 3.5 question.

Question 1:
    A "/" means or since only 1 class is both Arcane and Divine and it is an exception. It was probably written without knowing of the Sha'ir class and thus did not think to differentiate between xor and or.

However that doesn't answer your question. You are really wondering whether the "If she multiclasses" clause triggers once or whether it triggers everytime. That particular wording is vague in English and means whichever one the author meant it to mean.

I am going to bet that the author meant it to trigger once (Succubus stacks with 1 class).

Question 2:
    Where is lilitu? The Fiendish Codex version is a new race that Succubi turn into forgoing their Succubi traits. So Mock Divinity would replace Corrupter Initiate and would stack with any Cleric levels. If the version of lilitu you are looking at is a prestige race/class, then I suspect it merely gives a +4 bonus to Corrupter Initiate.