New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World IV

Well, Setsurou did not expect that.

But that's still not something he takes personally. Everyone has their own demons to face.

Since he first knew Momoka, he learned to accept she had hers too.

"Okay. I won't ask. Just...

...I'm here if you need me, alright?"

All he wants is to see her smile. He doesn't need to be responsible for it. But he will try nonetheless.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Kobayashi Household)

Momoka closes her eyes, flushing the remnant thoughts tied to her dream from her head and sitting in silence for a few more minutes before responding to Setsurou. "...we should both hurry along. I have to address the Commander and you should at least put up an appearance of doing your duties." There's a somewhat intentional barb at that, but it's playful more than spiteful. But of course, if Momoka were to do what she planned on, there is also a nugget of serious tone.

With that, she stands and pads off to redress herself in her shihakusho and, more fitting to her, a colorfully decorated lab coat with autumn leaves on the sleeves and tail offsetting the stark white. Notably, she doesn't really wait for Setsurou to leave while dressing.

Perhaps Setsurou would be a gentleman. Perhaps!
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

He's not JUST a gentleman.

He's a SUPER gentleman!

The moment she moves to dress, he's out of the room. The moment she's out of the room, he's waiting with a bentou and a thermos.

"Thought you would be in a hurry when you woke up, so I made sure to pack you breakfast. And coffee. I understand the SSI still can't brew a pot properly."

He leaned in to offer her both items. And a peck on the cheek.

Momoka also knows that the Commander will call her once her report's reviewed, so she does have some work to do before he'll do so...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Las Noches

Jehoel waves a hand dismissively at Quidel's complaint.

"If I had forgotten you, it is rather unlikely that I would have included you in this conference, yes? I was waiting for your input on where you wished to join the battle. Feel free to act as you wish. Kyoki, I am happy to see that you're so...enthusiastic. Everyone has their assigned positions. Launch the counterattack."

As he says this, Jehoel waits for any more input before closing the screens and vanishing, reappearing in the center of his district. He lands on top of the small dome that marks his territory in the district. All around him, the shadows rustle with barely contained movement. He looks up at the sky once before bowing his head and expanding his Pesquisa to cover the battlefield.

"And so it begins."

Tinja Corva's speed is legend. Within seconds of leaving Las Noches' gates, she is almost upon the military emplacements of the Quincy. For most of the Quincies, there is no time to respond or react to her attack. They will die, inevitably, without intervention. This speed, however, is a as much a curse as a blessing. Because in that brief instant of crossing, Tinja failed to look to the sky. And it is from the sky that death comes.

Almost a mile above ground, delicate fingers pull back the string of an elegant bow, its taut string straining next to one pale cheek. Frozen mist drifts lazily from the translucent arrow fitted to the string, dissipating into the night air.

Cold eyes narrow.

"Mein."

Inches from the artillery battery, Tinja's arm is pierced through by shaft of ice, moving so quickly it at first seems to be a column of light from the heavens. Eyes widening, she turns her gaze upwards.

"Schneefall."
    Boring...
    Silence.

A rain of arrows falls from the sky, blanketing the area all around the artillery battery. Seeing the direction of the projectiles, Tinja dodges over the battery and launches into the sky, pausing to launch a few Bala before trying to close with Nikolina. The Quincy dodges each one with a minimum of effort, returning fire with a few well placed shots that land worryingly close to her allies, but fail to connect with Tinja. This exchange continues for a few seconds before Tinja closes with Nikolina. The Espada attempts to stab Nikolina with one of her knives, but the Quincy snatches her wrist and throws her, taking advantage of the Hollow's momentum to hurl her away into the sky. Tinja comes to a graceful halt, absent-mindedly swinging her chained daggers in one hand before snatching them both up. She grins savagely.

"Howl. Tifón."

As her opponent assumes her true form, Nikolina slides into a bowman's stance, readying another arrow.

"Come."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Kobayashi Household)

Momoka, having slipped her (more streamlined, thinner red-framed) glasses on by now, takes the bentou and thermos, calmly observing Setsurou for a few moments.

Setsurou is here for you, you know. Maybe you're still set on this, but he doesn't have to be an enemy. He might not be there forever if you don't let him in, though.

What would you suggest, then?

Give him something. Anything.

...and then she sighs. "...none have been as close to me as you were last night, Setsurou." He probably feels that it is closer to "few" than "none", but she does not feel like recounting upon that, obviously. "I am not used to people seeing me vulnerable, or having anyone that close to me. I am sorry if things are not progressing as fast as you'd like. But I am trying."

"I do not regret last night." And yet she kind of does. Women are complicated. But mostly she is sincere. "...take care." She pauses for a moment. Perhaps at this juncture she isn't comfortable initiating a kiss, but Setsurou may be able to see the window.

Regardless of what he says or does with that window, she leaves promptly after.

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Battlefield)

A golden cero roars over the tanks a few moments after Tinja begins her assault, the blinding energy ripping apart the metal like a hot knife through butter.

Quidel stands at the origin point as it dissipates, dismissively charging another. He's not even in resurreccion yet. But! He seems to have company!
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-04-02 at 03:18 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

If she hadn't given him a window, he'd have created one.

Besides, this IS Setsurou we're talking about. He's a lovable scoundrel.

He DOES make the kiss perhaps a little longer than it has to be. Just enough that she might be willing to continue a little longer on her own, and just about dissimulate enough that she may not be able to tell the difference.

In this way, he tries to teach her that there's nothing to fear from taking initiative. That she need not be afraid to enjoy such vulnerable moments.

That there's nothing to truly be afraid of when somebody loves you.

When the kiss finally DOES end, he smiles back at Momoka once more.

"I don't care if we take it slow, so long as at the end of that road is a place you can be happy in, Momo."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "So it's not by coincidence so many people consider Shinigami to be ungrateful pricks.

I killed Hollows for you guys. Hell, who in the blessed, moist barrel of ****s do you think pointed at those creepy *******s? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the wolves!

The least you bastards should do is buy me some booze for my trouble! Hell, my house is gone, I should be getting all up in your business about that, too!"
    "Precious."

"First of all. What you do of your own volition does not bind anyone here to be thankful. Even if it amounted to anything worth noting, which as I recall from that battle, it did not. Honestly, we might all be better off if that warning had never been given."

"Now remove yourself from these grounds. If nothing else, this isn't where you will find any drinkable alcohol."

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Hueco Mundo]
    (The Battlefield)

A golden cero roars over the tanks a few moments after Tinja begins her assault, the blinding energy ripping apart the metal like a hot knife through butter.

Quidel stands at the origin point as it dissipates, dismissively charging another. He's not even in resurreccion yet. But! He seems to have company!
    Company in the form of a black haired female arrancar in full uniform.

"I am surprised any of them went into the frontlines so early."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "Precious."

"First of all. What you do of your own volition does not bind anyone here to be thankful. Even if it amounted to anything worth noting, which as I recall from that battle, it did not. Honestly, we might all be better off if that warning had never been given."

"Now remove yourself from these grounds. If nothing else, this isn't where you will find any drinkable alcohol."

"You have different perceptions than I do then, mate.

You stink of noble with your fancy talk. Figures nobles don't know how ta be grateful.

And you can either find me booze or kiss my ass. We both know if I wanted out of this spot on my own I'd have moved by now, bucket-face."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Momoka pauses a moment at Setsurou's comment, saying nothing, nor even giving a slight nod of approval. Her mouth quirks in a slight frown as she turns to leave. Quite quickly, in fact. She is just... gone when she closes the door.

She reaches her office in comparatively no time, sitting on the floor with winded breaths, making use of her inhaler before regaining control. With that out of the way, she just... gets to work, writing out a report on the observations made during the assault in Russia, as well as the projected effects on the spiritual landmass being broken down and spread.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Oh look, it's that cheeky intern that was trying to get a hold of her during the assault proper!

"Kobayashi-sensei, please take a look at these!"

He has a ton of papers, photos, and such on his hands at the moment.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (SSI - Momoka's Office)

Momoka looks up with an impassive, if mildly quizzical expression. Then back down at the collected items, pushing aside her report.

"...you are from Recon, are you not?" She doesn't ask what the papers are about, given she is reading them now.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

"N-no ma'am, I'm from the Battlefield Analysis Squad of the SSI...

Anyway, please take a look at this. These are the readings from Commander-General Ishinomori during the Eastern Russia assault operation."

Momoka sees nothing wrong with his Reiatsu fluctuaction up until the Ghost-King enters the timeline. They're consistent with Shikai use - and actually fairly uniform, indicating no emotional stress outside of what is normally expected in battle, even considering his responsibility as a leader, which should've added a LOT of pressure. When one of the Knights is confirmed in-battle, he goes into Bankai and his Reiatsu increases accordingly.

Shortly after Geister appears, Koutarou's Reiatsu spikes considerably. As the effects of the old ghost's Cero become evident, it drops momentarily, which indicates disheartening... and then shoots up insanely, much further than it normally would when charging one of his finishers.

"I double-checked the equipment, and it was all functioning properly. They're built for combat stress and have a quite high tolerance threshold... But what really confused me was this." The researcher points to the readings regarding the overall measure of Reiatsu in the area. Momoka can see what was so strange. Though the mummified Shinigami that fell under Geister's assault were technically still alive, their Reiatsu vanished along with their conscience, so a noticeable drop should be registered. However, the numbers remain consistent, even though their Reiatsu signatures vanish after that point... and adding insult to injury, they don't even match up to the power spike from Koutarou after that. She can't even find a mathematical correlation between the two. In other words, it doesn't look as if the Reiatsu from his dead comrades was directly added to his own, but his strength did expand a lot at the time of their death...

Looking further into it, it doesn't seem as though the Hollow Reiatsu numbers are added to his strength as the other Shinigami fell their opponents, either.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (SSI - Momoka's Office)

Momoka looks over the information carefully, soaking it in with minor quirks of interest before she looks back up. "Is this all of it, then? This much at least gives me a theory, however, so it is helpful at the least. But that is a matter for the Commander General. Whom I will hopefully speak to soon."

She waits for anything else the intern has to say, for the moment!

(Engineering HQ - Lab 0336)

After Chouko's spectacle was over and she was carted off to MedLog, the Orchestra thankfully initiated the program to shift Engineering headquarters back to normal. ...Well, relatively normal. No day was within 'normal' bounds of a typical person for an engineering researcher.

Hongo Hiroki is one such researcher. One of the more SSI-leaning members of the division, he nonetheless took stock in a more structured and less theoretical take on things. His lab is heavy with cigarette smoke as he tinkers with something that looks like a pole meant to be driven into the ground, with some compact but complex-looking machinery around the upright tip. He wipes his forehead, and swipes some of his long black (and slightly graying) hair from his face before depositing some ash in a tray to the side, continuing his delicate tinkering.

But of course, because he's working on a project assigned from the captain based on his own kido-based theories, he is occasionally pestered by the girl who rightly is more successful than he is despite being not even a fourth his age. Today is one such day. He twitches in annoyance as his comm rings, sitting back as he answers the captain's call.

"...Yes, Takenaka-taichou?" His voice is dripping with acerbic readiness.

"Yo, no sass today, Hongo, my head is boomin' and I don't need to come over there to whip your ass. Not that I can, 'cause the medics ain't greenlit me yet. So gimme an update on our project, hoss."

Hiroki sighs. "I should be done with the prototype today. After some practice runs, I'll enter it into the manufacturing base."

"Good. But double-time it, yo. I need enough of those to set a net over a whole city and some country outside. We're puttin' a ****in' chastity belt on, and no guy should be able to pick the lock on to get on with hump time." ...what?

"...color metaphors aside, that's quite an area. Why would you need to counter garganta in that wide a space?"

"The less you know, the better, homes. Just hop to it. Takenak-out." And the call ends.

Hiroki raises an eyebrow, vaguely considers reporting this to the commander... and decides not. Whatever she was planning, she'd make it work. With that, he goes back to tinkering.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

"Y-yes, ma'am, that should be all of it. Some of our other readings got scrambled when the Ghost King started fighting with the Commander, but we can't figure out why at the moment." Takeshi notes with a bow before moving away as swiftly as he's able.

He was uncomfortable around smart and powerful women. He was also afraid of people with authority. With Momoka being technically both, it was understandable that he wanted to get away like a bat out of hell.

Speaking of the Commander-General, a Jigokuchou would arrive a couple of hours later into the afternoon summoning her to headquarters.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (SSI > Command)

Momoka arrives not long after the butterfly imparts its message, a thick folder in hand and her usual calm smile on her face as she enters Koutarou's office and offers a short bow. "Commander." With that, she seats herself, setting the folder on her lap, waiting to see if the man had anything to start with.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

"Kobayashi-kun.

Before we get to the matter that no doubt is eating away at you in curiosity, do you have anything important to report to me?"

Koutarou at least seemed a lot calmer today.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Commander General's Office)

"Yes, actually; I may have good news for you. I've received the information from the latest skirmish with the cult, and I have a standing theory. In any case, I find it unlikely that your zanpaktou consumes ambient souls in Bankai." Momoka puts her hand up, holding comment for now.

"I cannot entirely say where this energy comes from, and it would take further testing to prove that - after all, energy does not come from nothing - but I believe that in Bankai you are so in tune with your emotional state that it has actually made you capable of benefiting from them. In simple terms, you gained power from your comrades' deaths because they are your comrades." She nods.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

"So you're saying that my connection to my subordinates - our bonds of friendship, if you will - is somehow a new source of power for me?

That would be excellent news if they didn't have to die for it."
    Koutarou notes grimly.

It's strange. In the few weeks since he's taken the job, he hasn't visibly aged. But he certainly feels older.

"Can we confirm that is somehow the case with Hollow souls as well? Something akin to my changing 'mercy' into 'strength'?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

"Something to that effect, yes. However it is merely a theory." Momoka offers that last bit with a note of caution. "But at the very least, you need not worry about your zanpaktou being fueled by the souls of your allies."

With that, she nods. "And I've filled out a report on my observations of the assault, which I've paired with my initial thesis on your Bankai. Other than that, I cannot offer more than conjecture on standing events. So, I give the floor to you."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

"That should still give Central 46 a lot to think about if their concerns over my Bankai rise again. Thank you for that."

As for the other, more pressing business...

"I can't say this has been an easy decision to make, Kobayashi-kun. By all rights, I have reason to believe that even should I refuse your request for this incredibly reckless mission, you'd go off on your own and do so anyway. And taking that into account, I would thus be forced to preemptively incarcerate you. That's an undesirable outcome, and one that COULD reasonably end with Hishikawa painting a target on my head. I don't want his family as my enemy.

Being the case, then, that I can't stop you from going any more than you could stop me from chastising you, it boiled down to whether or not I believe you can succeed, or that you have ulterior motives. If the latter case were true, you wouldn't have brought that intent to my attention. If nothing else out of respect. It would be an insult to my intelligence if you did.

I realized that if anyone can pull something this insane caper off, it's you. I give you permission to embark on this fool's errand only reluctantly, and under one condition."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Momoka internally notes to give Setsurou some grief later. His fingerprints were on this, for sure. But nonetheless, she nods. "...I do what I believe is in the best interest of Soul Society, with or without consent. Perhaps I should not be admitting this, but it is what I believe in. So what then, is this condition?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

"That you come back to us. Alive and well.

I do not care what you do or see that might prove advantageous to Soul Society. I will brook no sacrifice on your part. I will not stand idly by and let anyone get themselves killed over leverage, real or imagined.

If you do, I will personally hunt you down through the cycle of reincarnation and beat some sense into you.

Is that clear?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Momoka chuckles, but she is not dismissing the seriousness of Koutarou's message. "I have no doubt you will, commander. On that, I offer my certainty that I will return quite well." She doesn't offer why she's so sure, but Koutarou can probably believe her based on her tone.

"So, my written proposal included request of a Senkaimon key, in case things turn hostile. After all, Garganta are at a higher risk due to his... pet."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

"I trust a one-time key will be sufficient?" Koutarou idly questions.

Easier to explain away when he has to report this.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Above Las Noches

As the fighting breaks out between the Quincy armored forces and the responding Arrancars, a squadron of fighter jets approaches in 45 degree angle to the main line of battle. The leader, well ahead of the other planes, observes his HUD and locks onto his target, the window in the city's dome leading to Primera District. With press of a button, to rather large, nasty orange missiles detach from the underside of his plane. The plane swerves to the side as the fuel bombs continue towards their target, intent to turn the walled-off district into a blazing inferno.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

"Quite. I will set to Tokyo via garganta, I expect I will catch his spies' attention so that he might be forewarned of my arrival. After all, as far as I am concerned this has the intent of a diplomatic mission." Momoka nods, standing up and bowing after setting the reports on Koutarou's desk.

"With all that said, if the worst comes to pass, my priority will be escape. Even if I were capable of fighting him, I still believe it is counterproductive to attempt to destroy him. But, we will speak again when I return." She waits to receive the Senkaimon key before leaving Koutarou's office.

As she steps out of command, she looks up to the sky, then forward. "My right hand is the stone that bridges worlds. My left hand is the blade that binds reality. The black-haired shepherd is hung from a chair. Stratus clouds come, and I strike down the ibis. Keikagi."

A slightly-larger than human-sized garganta opens in front of her, which she calmly steps through. It closes a few moments afterward.

[Garganta Void]

As Momoka calmly strides forward, channeling energy to create her path and direct it towards her intended destination, she also flares up her reiatsu with distinctive green flashes that travel far in the lightless nothing of the void.

After all, she had to catch someone's attention.

[Hueco Mundo]

Quidel eyes the planes and aims his next Cero upward. Even if the attack misses, the energy is blinding enough that it could throw off potential bomb sites. For the time being, Quidel's cero focus is paying off dividends, with no one to directly challenge him.

As he charges another cero, he quirks his head towards the arrancar at his side. "...you have inspired me to involve you in my plans for the Tercera district. But perhaps now is the time to prove your worth in combat. If any of this rabble comes forth, deal with them, while I provide support. Understood, Daikano?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

[Void]

It does not take long for Momoka to feel watched. And then for masses of whirling limbs to come forth from the depths.

[Hueco Mundo]

"Of course, master Alamilla."

"Do recall I am a healer more than a fighter, and also to hold your breath so as to not inhale my spores if things turn out troublesome over here."
    Last edited by Draken; 2015-04-10 at 03:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

[Garganta Void]

Momoka holds a hand up in a show of nonaggression. "Please. I bear no hostile intent, as your king should be aware of. I ask only that we meet, whether here or in his own domain."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hueco Mundo
    The Skies

As the fighters approach, the Hollows within the district quiver in anticipation. Jehoel holds up one hand, silencing the masses around him. With a moment of effort, he leaps out of the district and into the air above it. Seeing the incoming bombs, Jehoel waits to see the reaction to Quidel's cero before responding appropriately. If the pilot is not thrown off, he launches himself forward, shredding both bombs apart with his hands before they can reach the hole.

The Skies - Elsewhere

Nikolina dances just out of the way of another slash from Tinja's blades, the long coat she wears receiving a lengthy slice near her leg. Blurring farther away into the air, she reappears with an arrow already knocked.

"Schneeregen Sturm."

As Nikolina releases, dozens of icy shots fire in a spiral pattern towards Tinja, but the avian Arrancar blitzes into the sky to evade them, then dives through the storm of Nikolina's followup shot. She attempts to cut Nikolina, but at the last second the Quincy flashes a hand up and projects a wave of ice at Tinja. The Espada breaks free almost instantly, but in that time Nikolina gets behind her and puts an arrow through the hollow's shoulder. Tinja recovers almost immediately, turning and grinning.

"Not bad."

A thick orange barrier comes down around Nikolina. Her eyes widen.

"But not enough."

Soul Society
    Tsuyoi House Compound

Konosuke Tsuyoi pushes open the doorway to the Tsuyoi family's holdings, pausing only to hang his sword near the doorway before striding through the initial hallway. It is not the fine manor house that he grew up in; the remains of that lie shattered in the void, somewhere in another world. This is a large, simple structure of wood, constructed with hard work and the remains of the clan's flagging resources. It is well built, sturdy, and effective, yet entirely unbecoming of their status.

Not that they can do anything about it. As far as the other houses are concerned, the Tsuyoi clan is little better than commoners now.

Clenching one fist in anger at his family's debasement, Konosuke goes straight for his personal chamber, uninterested in dealing with the mundane issues of the clan. That was not where his skills lay, regardless of his position. He is nearly at his room when a firm voice interrupts him.

"Konosuke. Wait."

More surprised than irritated, Konosuke turns to the ancient woman emerging from the room next to him. He nods his head in respect.

"Lady Inaho. How may I serve?"

She takes a step forward and hands him a letter.

"This was waiting for me today when I awoke."

Taking the letter with an expression of confusion, Konosuke unfolds it. His face slowly passes from shock, to anger.

"This is impossible. And, conveniently, impossible to verify. It's clearly a lie to attempt to manipulate us somehow."
    "Not true."

Konosuke starts at the voice behind him. Akako Tsuyoi, the family's black sheep. Formerly of the Order of Eibon, she resigned and returned to the family during the recent conspiracy scandal. Never well liked within the family, the austere woman had become Konosuke's confidant and aide in the recent times as her own talents for leadership far exceeded his own, patriarchal family structure aside.

"I kept a digital copy of the family archives. It matches up."
    "Bull****."
    "It is not."

Konosuke's gut response is unwavering, but he grits his teeth. Akako is smarter than him and has had longer to think about it. After a few seconds, he nods.

"Get the rest of the family together. I am putting it to a vote."

Inaho smiles unpleasantly.

Within a few hours, a member of the clan emerges from the structure with a piece of black chalk. With quick, focused motions, they draw out the word "Tsuyoi" on the wall with the chalk before returning to the house.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Garganta Void]

Momoka holds a hand up in a show of nonaggression. "Please. I bear no hostile intent, as your king should be aware of. I ask only that we meet, whether here or in his own domain."
    The mass spins and twists, before a second one rises from nowhere, bearing a pad.

"Follow me then."

Argos forges a road of his limbs, winding off a short distance and opening into a portal to the mortal world.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing