Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World IV

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Hueco Mundo]
    The Ground

Although it's a valiant effort, Kyoki's bloody needles simply can't compete with the sheer volume of shots being launched at her. The bloody needles easily pierce through the arrows where they connect and push forwards toward Nikolina, who is forced to dodge away from them. All around the needles, however, a seemingly endless wall of arrows pushes and surges towards Kyoki.

Of course, should they connect, Kyoki will find that the light shots do almost no damage against her.
    Having committed herself to the attack Kyoki braces herself as the shots that got through slam into her body. When the smoke clears however she finds that she is hardly injured. She was a bit surprised herself as she had been expecting another battle like Jyn'Hao. Blinking blearily she looks at her opponent.

"Is that it?

"Man, what a freaking joke! Come on Kyoki lets bury this chump already!"

Complying with her partners wishes Kyoki shoots forward toward her opponent with sonido, attempting to close in on her. With the wrist that she cut previously she prepares another moves as her blood starts welling around her hand.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    At the battlefield

Quote Originally Posted by cardrian View Post
    "Gah-" Torahiko hadn't been expecting to be dragged around by Demitrio, but he's actually doing a pretty good job a keeping up. He's not, however, doing as well a job keeping focused on the task at hand, with his train of thought making short detours to the land really hoping that this charge doesn't get both of them killed. That, and a brief fantasy about stealing one of the swords off the fallen hollows after the battle, until he realized that they might dissolve along with their owners.

He tried firing a few quick shots towards the flota as they approached, more intended as cover than to actually hit anything. "Let's see how far all that training got me." At least he's enthusiastic for now.
    Jehoel's great Cero throws Demetrio and Torahiko down, and if not for the armor from Caeyrn, they might be dead. Demetrio gets up from the dust, looking wild-eyed for his next target. Then, he sees Quidel Alamilla and his assistant, Daikano fighting against the remnants of the armored battallion. "Come, Mister Tachibana! Let us avenge our fallen comrades! For victory!", the Arrancar cries, manifesting a great bow looking like it's made of bone. He draws it back, creating three massive arrows, actually Ceros each of them. He shoots them forth, hoping to hit both of his targets with one draw.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback; Germany, 1980s
    The man holds a tomato in his hand. It's big, red and ripe. Just what he wants. He puts it in his bag, among his other groceries. Let's see, what else does he need? Some coffee, maybe a box of cigarettes. Yeah, that ought to do it.

He's one foot out of the door already, when a voice stops him: <"Hey! Don't you go anywhere before paying for those.">

The man gives a bemused look at the grumpy store owner. Oh, that's right. He's not in the jungle anymore. He doesn't have to steal from or kill anyone to get the stuff he wants. He walks back to the counter, puts his bag aside, and the digs a hundred dollar bill from his pocket and places it before the owner. The owner picks it up, raising an eyebrow, but before he can say anything, the man's already gone, with just the sound of the windchime proving he was there at all.

Outside, the man looks up to the clouds. Why'd he get back to Germany, again? Did the jungle get boring? Did he miss the women, or was it just the food and beer? Maybe it was for some sense of closure. In all honesty, he doesn't know himself, and it all feels kind of pointless.

As he walks down the street, an old man raises a hand in greeting. <"Good day, there. Could you spare a moment of your time? I'd like to talk.">

The man just walks past him, not realizing he's being talked to. The old man turns to follow him, trying again: <"Mister Gottschalk. I would like to speak with you.">

The man takes a few more steps, then stops. Gottschalk. Niklaus Wolfgang Gottschalk. That was the name of one of his German war buddies who went AWOL and was listed as missing-in-action during the 2nd World War. That guy always liked to talk about how awesome his family was. The man never thought it would be useful, untill he decided to get back to the civilized world. There was Hell of a questioning at the border, and it was bloody hard to think of what to say to them, when he remembered Klaus. Borrowing details from his life was still a long shot, but then it turned out Klaus's old mother was still alive! It was a surreal moment when that woman got to the station to vouch the man was her long-lost son. More than the man's own family ever did to him.

So now it's his name. Still odd anyone would call out to him, though. He points at himself and looks at the old man questioningly to confirm it's really him he wants.

<"Yes, you">, the old man says with a smile and limps closer, leaning to his cane. <"I'm Hein Wiesweide. I heard there was someone new in town. Thought I'd come to welcome you."> He offers his hand for a shake.

"Mister Gottschalk" still doesn't quite get why the old man's here for, but shakes his hand anyway. That's when he notices a large silver cross hanging around his neck. Ah. Must be a local priest or such. <"Niklaus Gottschalk. Are you here for... spiritual affairs?">

Hein smiles. <"If that's what you're after. Would you like to come and see our church? Maybe meet some people?"

Niklaus shakes his head. <"No thank you. Not a people person, I'm afraid.>"

Hein nods. <"Ah. A lone wolf, so to speak.">

Niklaus shrugs. <"You could say that.">

<"But wolves are pack animals, Mr. Gottschalk.">

Niklaus furrows his brow. He tries to let go of Hein's hand, but the old man's grip feels like touching a live wire - like a current of electricity making his muscles contract. He looks Hein in the eye and realizes he's not the only one hiding who he really is.

"Ah, I can see what you're thinking. No need to worry, Mr. Gottschalk. I'm not here for who you are. You don't have to tell me that, if you don't want to. But I could tell you what you are. Should it interest you, of course.>" Niklaus looks at the old man, grinning. Then, his grin fades, and he nods. Hein lets go of Niklaus and puts both hands on his cane. <"Good. Follow me then."> Hein turns to walk down the street.

Niklaus stretches his fingers, trying to get feeling back to them. He watches after the old man for a moment, before taking his first step. <"Allright Hans... I mean, Mr. Wiesweide.">

<"Oh, are we on first name basis already?">
    , Hein responds without a hint of being offended. <"I won't mind, but I believe I said my name was Hein.">

<"Sure thing, Hans.">
    ---

[Hueco Mundo]
    Roof of Las Noches

Jehoel, distracted by the battle in front of him and several decades from his last pitched battle, fails to notice Niklaus for a mere instant. That moment is just long enough for Niklaus' tongue of flame to engulf him. It is a testament to the ancient Hollow's power and will that he does not scream or flail at the assault. The Cero fires as intended, arcing towards the Quincy army and detonating with extreme force. Immediately afterwards, Jehoel speeds away from Niklaus, at first beating futilely at the flames before rolling in an attempt to put them out. As this becomes obviously ineffective, he begins tearing strips of his flesh from his body, tossing the flaming chunks away from him as the flesh regrows.

For now, his regeneration is staving off the worst of the damage, but he is too busy to stop Niklaus.
    Niklaus tears his wounded hand from its sling and reaches for his cross with his healthy one, manifesting the Silber Gewehr. He braces the massive rifle against his shoulder and takes aim at Jehoel's burning body. Yet even as the familiar stench of burning flesh invades his nose, he once again finds himself wondering why is he fighting, even as his body moves according to old routine.

It isn't because he's a Hollow. What are Hollows, anyway? Just predators which occasionally kill and eat men. No different from big fish, or wolves, or Niklaus himself, all things considered. It isn't for vengeance, for avenging his fallen comrades. That was Hein's schtick, not his. As an enemy soldier, killing the Quincies is just Jehoel's job, just as killing Hollows is Niklaus's. In that regard, the only thing that sets them apart are the emblems on their uniforms. He has no real grudge with this Arrancar.

Maybe the man on the copter was right. Maybe it is just to win. But winning by shooting a man burning on the ground, that's just so unsporting. Hein's dead now. Niklaus isn't a dog on a leash any more, he's the top dog, the leader of the pack. There's no-one else telling him what he ought to do.

So, when he pulls the trigger, instead of shooting Jehoel in the head like he ought to, he shoots the ground next to him. Who knows, maybe that one miss will give his foe enough time to regenerate and then leap and tear his throat out. Just enough to make things exciting again.

Next one's to kill, though.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2015-04-30 at 07:35 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

tongue Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Missed my cue.

[Hueco Mundo: Las Noches]
    => Roof of Las Noches

Speaking of thanking Jehoel...

After destroying a lone Quincy, Valentina concentrates on a Pesquisa, just to see how he's doing up there. I mean, obviously he's winning. She just wants to know how soon he'll be finished so he can help finish off these enemies down here. Once the Pesquisa returns to her, Valentina is definitely surprised. He's injured! That didn't even happen with the Shinigami, and now some mortal human did this...She should get up there, in case she doesn't have a chance later to thank him.

Of course, she needs to get up there as quickly as possible, and her Sonido is faster in Resurrección. So, she activates it: "Obscure, Mandíbula de las Tinieblas." As she grows more pantherlike, she leaps and then races up the dome. [I imagine a dramatically appropriate time to arrive would be after Jehoel reacts to Niklaus's warning shot and just as/just before the aimed shot is fired, to block it.]

She, in fact, looks pretty closely like a panther, with a tail and all, but with a dark red fur over her and some white bone armor. Her hands, however, are not really panther-like, with her Jaws of Darkness as her right hand and the Traitor's Brush as her left: a powerful black jaw which can fairly easily crush nearly anything and a black brush absorbs energy.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2015-04-29 at 02:18 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

[Seireitei]
    (STUFF)

Given Chouko has still not been let out of treatment, she delegates Hideki to dealing with the horde of new workers. He probably had projects to work on, anyway.

(Tsuyoi Enclave)

Later in the day after they drew their name on the door, a child delivers another letter to the doorstep. The boy is nobody of importance, likely a proxy. He disappears quickly.

In it, the plans of a sect of the rebellion. An offer to join in, or act however they wished. They knew their target, now.

Spoiler: DORIZZIT ONLY! Unless you want to be a nosy noserton
    Show
    Spoiler: I'm serious
    Show
    Spoiler: No, seriously
    Show
    The note names Kishi as the Tsuyoi heiress! After extensively disguising her appearance and having a memory erasure spell put on herself.

[Hueco Mundo]
    (Las Noches - Assault!)

Quidel responds in kind with a cero he was charging, the golden energy exploding against Demetrio's in a standstill... but then he's gone. If Helena were smart, she likely was too.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-05-01 at 01:05 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Hueco Mundo]
    At the battlefield

Jehoel's great Cero throws Demetrio and Torahiko down, and if not for the armor from Caeyrn, they might be dead. Demetrio gets up from the dust, looking wild-eyed for his next target. Then, he sees Quidel Alamilla and his assistant, Dakota fighting against the remnants of the armored battallion. "Come, Mister Tachibana! Let us avenge our fallen comrades! For victory!", the Arrancar cries, manifesting a great bow looking like it's made of bone. He draws it back, creating three massive arrows, actually Ceros each of them. He shoots them forth, hoping to hit both of his targets with one draw.
    Torahiko's thoughts raced onto and off of the topic at hand as usual, and being slammed into the the bleach white sands of an endless desert only knocked them further off track. He steadies himself on an arm as he stands back up, still reeling a bit from the force of Jehoel's Cero. They really had that kind of power? He should be scared, but he feels something else instead.

"Right, for victory." Seeing Demetrio's bow elicits something a bit like a smirk, and the same emotion. Not over the Demetrio, nor bow itself, nor it's 'arrows'. It was for the wild and destructive power of hollows, restrained and given form by the orderly power of the Quincy. They were similar that way.

And then, inspiration struck. "Ah- so that's what I was missing."

He'd been trying to use his power like a sword, reaching out with it to effect the world, trying to push his inner power out into the world, when he should have been using it like a bow, drawing the string back to set an arrow, pulling outside power closer to his. But he lacked a 'bow', or any 'arrows', he needed something to draw that power out of...

Back to the matter at hand.

He retrieved his keychain from a pocket in his Vertrauen, clutching it tight in his left hand while still using that arm the supporting the Quincy rifle in his right. He chose hollows with their backs exposed, six shots, three pairs of ginto. The first of each pair wounding their targets, the second finishing them.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (Las Noches Assault)

Quidel reappears behind Demetrio in the telltale burst of sonido, his blade in hand, speaking a single word.

"Glow." The next flash is blinding enough that it is a weapon unto itself, leaving the quincy ranks nearby easily vulnerable to further attack.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Seireitei]
    (STUFF)

Given Chouko has still not been let out of treatment, she delegates Hideki to dealing with the horde of new workers. He probably had projects to work on, anyway.
    Hideki has better things to do with his time than boss around new grunts.

His grunts have better things to do with their time than boss around new grunts.

The new workers receive their orders from some minions.

[Hueco Mundo]
    (Las Noches - Assault!)

Quidel responds in kind with a cero he was charging, the golden energy exploding against Demetrio's in a standstill... but then he's gone. If Helena were smart, she likely was too.
    Helena is similarly gone.

But she appears again, not by Quidel, but closer to Torahiko, who is in turn made to deal with the sudden growth of a thick wall of thick brambles.

"Your assault ends here, boy."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #128

[Las Noches]
    The Roof

Jehoel clears the flames from his body within a few seconds, stripping several locations to the bone. Although he rises immediately after, the Hollow looks more like a mutilated corpse than an opponent; large strips of his flesh have been torn from his body, and the wounds close slowly. Moreover, his left leg is particularly badly damage, missing the key muscle groups that would allow real motion and rendering him nearly immobile. In spite of what must be hideous pain, Jehoel stands, regarding Niklaus warily. The warning shot, it seems, did not fall on deaf ears.

"You're not what I expected of the leader."

His expression is neutral and his bearing prideful despite the terrible wounds and disadvantaged position he finds himself in.

The Ground

After seeing the failure of her arrow storm, the Quincy's shoulder slump down as Kyoki laughs the attack off, seemingly resigned to her fate. Staring at the Hollow balefully for a few moments, Nikolina eventually sighs and looks at the ground.

"Isalda. Take over."
    "With pleasure."

After exchanging words with herself, the Quincy's posture changes completely, standing up straight and staring Kyoki straight in the eye, her own pupils taking on an insane glint. The Quincy's face splits into an almost painful-looking grin, showing entirely too many teeth to seem fully human. Heat begins to roll off of her body so heavily that she seems to warp and twist from the distortion.

"You look like FUN!"

Winding up, Isalda races forward, driving a flame-wreathed hand at Kyoki. If Kyoki doesn't try to dodge this, she will find the attack dramatically more effective than the last one.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    On the battlefield

"Tachibana, duck!" Demetrio shouts, leaping forawrd and turning as quickly as possible to face his opponent and fire at him. Unfortunately, even after seeing Quidel's Ceros from before, he's not prepared for how bright the flash is. Even through closed eyelids, it leaves him blinded. Relying solely on his Pesquisa and ability to feel movements of Reishi, Demetrio fires at Quidel's general direction, even as he backpedals in attempt to gain distance.

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    Roof

The Leviathan, on the other hand, is exactly what Niklaus expected: standing up proudly and putting up a fight even on the verge of defeat. A worthy opponent, to be sure.

Niklaus, smiles, shrugs, aims at Jehoel's head and pulls the trigger.

---

[Soul Society]
    At the Engineering Division

Nanashi's assembled avatars are not happy with having to deal with mere minions. They demand to be taken on a tour on SENCorp's offices and want to know everything possible of who owns it or works there.

10. - Top - End - #130

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Missed my cue.

[Hueco Mundo]
    Roof of Las Noches

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of running up the huge dome, the panther-like Valentina reaches the top where Niklaus and La Primera are. She notices the state of the fight, and doesn't stop her Sonido yet. Almost there... She races against the Quincy's trigger finger.

At the last moment, she leaps in the way of the Quincy's projectile, between the two combatants, and she finally stops running. Niklaus will see the black paint substance that is from her left "hand" flare up briefly, as it absorbs the Spirit-Arrow.

She spends a moment to catch her breath, before she snarls like a leopard, and says, "It's not over yet."

Of course, in her mind, she immediately regrets saying that. It was kind-of tacky. Couldn't she have thought of something cooler or more dramatic? Something to strike fear into the Quincy's heart. Maybe she should have just roared. Oh, well; it's too late to take back what she said.

Down below

Caeyrn continues fighting and directing Quincies in the battle.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Niklaus is quite surprised the impact from the bullet doesn't send Valentina flying. It's like it just... vanished? Seeing as she is between Niklaus and his intended quarry, he pulls the trigger twice in rapid succession and shoots at her just to confirm what just happened.

12. - Top - End - #132

[Hueco Mundo: Roof]

Valentina once again allows the bullets to hit her ink-covered brushlike left hand. They get absorbed again; simple.

Then, la Sexta Espada bares her sharp teeth, in a way reminiscent to a smile. She aims her jawlike hand at Niklaus and takes a single step forward towards him. Inside the "throat" of her hand, there's a deep red glow, as she adds her cero in a way not very dissimilar to Cero Doble. Nearly a second later, the three bullets fire out of there, towards the Quincy. Not all that surprisingly, they are also coated with a red energy, because Valentina added some of her Cero to the projectiles.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Hueco Mundo]
    On the battlefield

"Tachibana, duck!" Demetrio shouts, leaping forawrd and turning as quickly as possible to face his opponent and fire at him. Unfortunately, even after seeing Quidel's Ceros from before, he's not prepared for how bright the flash is. Even through closed eyelids, it leaves him blinded. Relying solely on his Pesquisa and ability to feel movements of Reishi, Demetrio fires at Quidel's general direction, even as he backpedals in attempt to gain distance.
    Quidel counters each and every shot with a bala, golden orbs erupting against each arrow, and even as Demetrio's sight recovers... the espada is quite hard to look at. Rainbow scales, feathers... and a glowing sun of energy behind his back, corona and all. A brilliant contrast to the bleak, lightless sands.

Quidel observes Demetrio dispassionately. "You chose your target poorly, traitor." Holding a hand out, a ray of light shines forth from the sun on Demetrio.

...and almost immediately, he can feel his energy fading. It is not untenably fast, but he didn't have the luxury of sitting around in the ray. What's more, any wounds he sustained worsen, lacerations peeling open and bleeding even deeper. Burns expand. And so on.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (Las Noches - Assault!)

Torahiko throws his arm over his eyes and looks down, protecting himself from the worst of Quidel's painfully bright cero.

He kicks off against the sand like it was solid stone, using the resistance to aid a jump. He fired twice in midair, aiming for Helena as best he could with gravity and lighting working against him. "My assault?"

Passing over his new-found opponent, he lands in a small splash of white sand and fires two more ginto from ground level, having placed both Helena and her wall of thorns between him and the annoyingly bright light coming from Quidel. "I'm afraid you're wrong, this assault isn't mine, I'm just a soldat. Among the lowest ranking here."
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Roof of Las Noches

When Niklaus notices his shots continue to have no effect, he stops shooting and lowers his gun. He waits to the last possible moment, ducking to the side just as Valentina shoots the bullets back. They fly past Niklaus, blasting deep holes to the roof. Niklaus rolls over his shoulder to get back on his feet. Looks like ranged combat is not an option. He takes a few potshots at Jehoel, then lunges at Valentina, using his rifle and the bayonette attached to it as a short spear.

---

On the battlefied

Demetrio still can't see right, barely able to grasp Quidel's general figure. Instead of wasting time to get a better look, he shuts his eyes and continues relying on his other senses. As a result, he can't see the light cast on him, but he can feel its effects. Demetrio survived uninjured to this point, so the most he feels at this point is exhaustion. Not sure what is causing the effect, he keeps leaping around, raining Quincy-augmented Balas on Quidel. "Oh, do tell me everything of the noble cause I've abandoned!", he shrieks. It's a ruse - he's not really thinking of what he's saying, nor is he interested in Quidel's replies. Any noise the Espada makes just helps Demetrio to keep track of him.

16. - Top - End - #136

[Hueco Mundo: Roof of Las Noches]

Now that Niklaus is attacking in melee, Valentina's right arm moves while the rest of her stays still. With her right hand, the Jaws of Darkness, she catches the rifle and guides its bayonette into herself, into her left shoulder.
    It easily pierces her shoulder, because her Hierro is nowhere near as strong as other Arrancares'. This close, looking eye-to-eye: her eyes are absolutely feline, much more like a wild animal than a person.

The 'jaw' that is her right hand starts to close. It is definitely not instantaneous. In fact, it takes a full three seconds for the 'jaws' to fully close and obliterate anything still in them. Unless Niklaus feels confident enough that he doesn't need his rifle in the immediate future, he had better pull the bayonette back out sooner or later. Three...two...

A deep growl gets caught and builds in Valentina's throat.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Niklaus probably could beat Valentina in a contest of brute strenght, but her grip is firm, so trying would be a waste of time. So instead, Niklaus lets go of the rifle with his right hand and punches Valentina squarely in the face, activating his Blut Arterie to make sure she feels it too.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

[Las Noches]
    The Roof

Jehoel clears the flames from his body within a few seconds, stripping several locations to the bone. Although he rises immediately after, the Hollow looks more like a mutilated corpse than an opponent; large strips of his flesh have been torn from his body, and the wounds close slowly. Moreover, his left leg is particularly badly damage, missing the key muscle groups that would allow real motion and rendering him nearly immobile. In spite of what must be hideous pain, Jehoel stands, regarding Niklaus warily. The warning shot, it seems, did not fall on deaf ears.

"You're not what I expected of the leader."

His expression is neutral and his bearing prideful despite the terrible wounds and disadvantaged position he finds himself in.

The Ground

After seeing the failure of her arrow storm, the Quincy's shoulder slump down as Kyoki laughs the attack off, seemingly resigned to her fate. Staring at the Hollow balefully for a few moments, Nikolina eventually sighs and looks at the ground.

"Isalda. Take over."
    "With pleasure."

After exchanging words with herself, the Quincy's posture changes completely, standing up straight and staring Kyoki straight in the eye, her own pupils taking on an insane glint. The Quincy's face splits into an almost painful-looking grin, showing entirely too many teeth to seem fully human. Heat begins to roll off of her body so heavily that she seems to warp and twist from the distortion.

"You look like FUN!"

Winding up, Isalda races forward, driving a flame-wreathed hand at Kyoki. If Kyoki doesn't try to dodge this, she will find the attack dramatically more effective than the last one.
    Kyoki's eyes widen at sensing a sudden shift in nature as well as power from the seemingly weaker Quincy. Bringing forth Ragunaroku she calls upon her ability to manipulate her blood. The sword shifts, becoming a medium sized buckler temporarily to try and block her opponents strike. With her other hand that her blood had gathered around she flung her wrist forward, forming it into a blade. Should Isalda try to block it should would be surprised to find that the attack would flow around her guard like water.

19. - Top - End - #139

[Hueco Mundo: Las Noches - Roof]

The rifle falls to the ground in two parts, and Valentina's claw opens again.

From the punch, Valentina also falls backwards, towards the ground. The fist opened a straight cut on her face, and a blood falls out of the wound. As she falls backwards, she twists around and her legs catch her close to the ground. She shifts her weight like a leopard about to pounce, but before jumping she does something slightly unusual: She flicks her left 'hand' and lets some of the paint-like stuff splatter on the ground.

Then, she springs and pounces back up at Niklaus. As she jumps, she roars. Traveling with the sound and out of her mouth are waves of highly concentrated spiritual energy, almost like a Cero beating with the sound waves.

(Sorry it took so long for something this small...)
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Niklaus crouches down as Valentina is knocked back, shifting back to defense. One punch wasn't enough to take this opponent down, it seems. He watches her find her balance, her movements bringing to mind a big cat. Big cats, Niklaus has fought before. Except last time, he had a spear.

Niklaus expects the roar, but the spiritual energy loaded into it catches him off-guard, rattling him to the bone. He falls on his back as she pounces on him, trying to keep her at bay by grabbing her throat with both hands. A hoarse growl emanates from his throat and he bares his teeth as he struggles to choke her.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cardrian View Post
    [Hueco Mundo]
    (Las Noches - Assault!)

Torahiko throws his arm over his eyes and looks down, protecting himself from the worst of Quidel's painfully bright cero.

He kicks off against the sand like it was solid stone, using the resistance to aid a jump. He fired twice in midair, aiming for Helena as best he could with gravity and lighting working against him. "My assault?"

Passing over his new-found opponent, he lands in a small splash of white sand and fires two more ginto from ground level, having placed both Helena and her wall of thorns between him and the annoyingly bright light coming from Quidel. "I'm afraid you're wrong, this assault isn't mine, I'm just a soldat. Among the lowest ranking here."
    A thick, thorny briar blocks the shots.

Helena stares the boy down. You know the look. The look of contempt towards someone who has just made light of something serious by trying to make a misunderstanding joke of a simple language construct.

You have done that look at someone before, that is for sure. A look that could curdle milk, wilt flowers and shoot birds out of the sky.

Yes, that look.

"Well, if you are among the lowest ranking here, then I suppose this will not be a suitable demonstration of my skills as my Espada asked me to do."

That same briar from before swings suddenly, shooting out a hail of thorns at Torahiko.
    Last edited by Draken; 2015-05-22 at 12:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #142

[Hueco Mundo]
    Las Noches Roof

Jehoel simply watches as Valentina intervenes into the fight, interfering with his opponent's attempt to kill him. The ancient Hollow remains in a sitting position, keeping his leg free of the ground as it regenerates flesh over the bone that had stood exposed mere seconds ago. On his face, a small smile begins to appear, radiating triumph.

The Ground

Isalda does not attempt to block, instead just twisting her body acrobatically out of the way of Kyoki's slash. After a second, she pushes off of her grip on the shield and backflips through the air, landing agilely on the ground. Kyoki may notice that even after only a few moments of contact, Isalda has burned a set of five deep holes in the buckler. It won't matter this time, due to the liquid nature of Kyoki's shield, but her defenses may not prove as effective against Isalda's attacks as they have been in the past.

Across from Kyoki, Isalda grins insanely.

"I was right. This will be fun."

Holding out a hand, Isalda summons a spiral of flames around it. After a moment, the attack explodes into a concentrated lance of white-hot flames towards Kyoki.

23. - Top - End - #143

[Hueco Mundo: Las Noches's Roof]

With Niklaus's hands at her throat, Valentina can't get enough air out of her mouth to roar again. She can't even charge and shoot a steady Cero from it, due to her throat being crushed. All she can get out is an unvoiced hiss, with her teeth glaring at his.

This is actually one of the situations where not having actual hands is a detriment. Because of how big the claw-jaw is on her right arm and how close they are, she can't bend or fit it enough around anything to crush; the roof is just too smooth to give her any leverage. The brushlike hand on her left obviously can't do anything at all in mêlée, only coat the left side of them both, and part of the ground in the energy-absorbing goo. Maybe if she could fire the right Cero at it, she could make it go off in an explosion, but that would require a awful lot of contortions, and she's being choked right now...

I'm not actually sure if Arrancares need to breathe, but being choked like this is definitely painful enough that she has to fight to keep conscious.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Niklaus realizes he's managed to, by sheer coincidence, regain upper hand in this struggle. If this was just between Valentina and him, he would keep crushing her throat until she'd pass out, or her neck would snap. But Jehoel is still alive and kicking, and God only knows what he might do if left unchecked. Niklaus doesn't have time to wait and see how long Valentina can survive her breathing and blood circulation being cut. So, he places his right foot against her stomach while trying to get in a sitting position... and then throws his weight back and straightens his leg, trying to throw the cat-like Arrancar over himself.

25. - Top - End - #145

[Hueco Mundo: Roof of Las Noches]

Comparatively speaking, Valentina is pretty lightweight. It's not really that much of a surprise that she gets thrown clear over him. She certainly appreciates the airflow again.

She lands a distance behind Niklaus, on her two feet and her right claw. She forces her breathing to go slow enough so she can recover a bit before getting up again.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Niklaus rolls back to his feet as well. His rifle got destroyed, but fortunately, he has a second Quincy Cross: Hein's.

"Aktivieren."

The night is split by a tall, white cross of light blooming from the ground, obscuring Niklaus from sight. Valentina can feel a sort of magnetic pull wrenching her insides, and can see how dust and loose stones are being absorbed into the pillar. Some distance away, the four still-living Nachfolger raise their heads and, forgetting their pain and injuries for a moment, cheer at the sight. Remnants of the Silber Gewehr turn into rays of light and vanish.

Then, the pillar falls, revealing the man inside has grown a set of wight wings and has an iron halo floating above his head. He tears off the bandages covering his arm and face, and Valentina can see the grievous injuries fixing themselves before her eyes. Niklaus even seems to stand an inch taller - as if the surge of power is not just healing his obvious wounds, but also the ravages of time, rejuvenating him, returning him to his prime. The man's sideburns and beard grow darker and more prominent and his hair becomes like the mane of a beast. Even his longcoat seems to be cleansed of dirt, and he tips his hat to Valentina, baring his inhumanly sharp canines at her. She can see a glint of steel around his wrist.

27. - Top - End - #147

[Hueco Mundo]
    Roof of Las Noches

Jehoel puts a hand on Valentina's shoulder from behind, which is kind of odd considering he was definitely on a completely different section of the roof a minute ago. The Primera Espada leans down to put his head more level with her own.

"You did well, Valentina. Thank you for your assistance."

He walks past her, stepping forward to face Niklaus.

"If you wouldn't terribly mind, I would appreciate learning your name before we begin."

His tone is casual. Almost conversational, albeit elevated in volume to overcome the winds that blaze across the rooftop.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Name? Which name? The one he was born with, the one he took when he moved to USA, or the one he adopted after getting out of the jungle? Nah, he'd rather just not talk. So instead, he just smiles at the question, and then re-manifests the Silber Gewehr, taking a potshot at Jehoel's torso.

29. - Top - End - #149

[Hueco Mundo]
    Roof of Las Noches

Jehoel sidesteps the attack, pivoting to the side.

"As you wish."

He extends one finger towards Niklaus, which begins glowing blue as he charges a Cero.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (Las Noches - Assault!)

Quidel is unamused, countering the bala with his own, even as he charges a cero in his other hand, always keeping track of Demetrio with the ray of light. It might not always keep up with him, but it hounds him constantly.

Meanwhile, Quidel himself is still a threat, as he breaks into sonido, reappearing behind Demetrio and firing the cero in his direction.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!