New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041
Results 1,201 to 1,211 of 1211
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mutineer's Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Young Nameless Wench, insane killer." I will have you know, she is not insane!! She's just a little.... confused.

To quote your QT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat
    Quite obviously she's insane, don't ya think?
    I'm not sure what you expected.
    I.... Mmmmm... Geee, did I say that?

Tie-Kat rather than death by ties....
    Oh look! Someone used Tie-Kat! Remind me what Tie-Kat is again? You didn't post it in the OP. (Or I missed it.)
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-08-04 at 12:58 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry, I tried. But I really didn't know what to do with it.
    Actually I really liked it. It was a humorously blunt reminder that I hadn't made a character.

(I actually had a character in my head, specifically Multi-Net Phil, a highbrow doctor with a drinking problem who would routinely wake up to find himself shanghaied on some ship or another. But I joined with low energy, didn't want to write his dialogue and scrapped him.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Oh look! Someone used Tie-Kat! Remind me what Tie-Kat is again? You didn't post it in the OP. (Or I missed it.)
    Tie-Kat is a system suggested by Lex-Kat () first used (not positive, but I think it was) in Monty Werewolf. When a tie is reached, rather than either character being killed, both characters go into hiding (or in this case, are taken to the brig) and cannot use actions, be targeted by actions, receive votes, or use their own vote for the following night/day phase. It saw use in this game as early as Day One.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, now I remember. Possibly one of the better ideas anyone's had, in my most humblest of humble and not at all biased in any possible way opinions. *nods approval*

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Arrr. That went on about three months longer than I expected, but I enjoyed meself nevertheless. Me heartiest thanks to all of ye.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    Arrr. That went on about three months longer than I expected, but I enjoyed meself nevertheless. Me heartiest thanks to all of ye.
    It was an honour to play with you. Your Booze Boost was very welcome * hick *
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

2) What did you think about the April Fool's mechanic?
    Arr. Fer those of us without the wit to understand such things, it were just plain confusin'. But, to my mind, that was part o' the charm.

3) Did you enjoy your role? If not, what could be improved about it? What did you think of other players' roles? Are there any roles you would like to see included in the next game that might not have been included this time?
    Arrr. It was a fun role, to be sure. I'm glad I got the feedback on the success (or otherwise) of me actions; without that, it would not have been nearly so enjoyable.

3b) Do you have any ideas on a more workable Grammar Roman/Pirate (Or Captain, for that matter)?
    Arr. The Captain I liked - both the role and the player (I was genuinely sad to see Fawkes leave us; he was my favourite player in the game to that point).

The Grammar Roman, on the other hand, was not a good one, especially in a game where roleplayin' was to be encouraged. Fer me own part, I saw me votes get nullified not because I accidentally misspelled a name, but because I spoke in character throughout. The obvious bias of the power, against or towards players based on their user names, is also a major problem for me. It did play a balancing function here, without which the game would have ended up more one-sided, and it added to the general sense of anarchy and confusion, but it's not somethin' I'd ever like to encounter again. Arrrrr.

4) What did you think of the narrations? Were there any specifically that you liked? What did you think of narrations that included your character?
    Arr. They were excellent throughout, and I thank ye fer yer efforts.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Visor
    Guest in the Playground

1) Did you enjoy the game? (I already know some of your answers. )
    Heh. I will say I enjoyed the game bar two things - the lynch influencer and the long phase waits. Other than that it was a fun game.
    2) What did you think about the April Fool's mechanic?
    I wish I knew it was an April Fool game before signing up. I wasn't exactly a huge fan but I think it did a good job of adding chaos to the game which is always enjoyable.
    3) Did you enjoy your role? If not, what could be improved about it? What did you think of other players' roles? Are there any roles you would like to see included in the next game that might not have been included this time?
    I enjoyed ATPG's role more than mine (it was such a cool town role to have) and I never got to work out what my original role did lol. Not saying I didn't enjoy my role originally, but I loved ATPGs role.
    3b) Do you have any ideas on a more workable Grammar Roman/Pirate (Or Captain, for that matter)? I don't think its really fair on the players to have the lynch swing like that. The Captain role was pretty interesting.
    4) What did you think of the narrations? Were there any specifically that you liked? What did you think of narrations that included your character? All excellent. I enjoyed them. Thanks for taking the time to do them.
    5) What sort of settings or mechanics would you like to see in future April Fool's games?
    Everyone gets a random power every night. Though that would be a pain in the ass to mod.

All in all besides a few niggling things it was a fun game. Thanks for hosting Pengi.

I was overly harsh in the QT I think, I'd like to apologise for that.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Everyone gets a random power every night. Though that would be a pain in the ass to mod.
    I think I would take a "musical chairs" type approach to that one. If a player dies with the seer's powers, then the seer is removed from the game for the following night. Though, I think the biggest drawback would be the long nights. You'd have to end the day, secretly tell all players of their powers for the night, and then wait for all the players to decide how to use a power they didn't know they had yet to use it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    It was an honour to play with you.
    Arrr. The feelin' be mutual. The culture 'round these parts still seems pretty foreign to this old sea dog, but ye be good people, and ye can be sure I'll be visitin' again soon.

And if any of ye have a touch of the wanderlust yerselves, there's said to be a ship settin' sail from one of me old haunts not too long from now. And if that doesn't appeal, ye can be assured a warm welcome in me beloved homeland. Arr.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

I really got into it. Lamented his death! Then I was glad I died. The Length of the game took its toll.

Amusingly, I decided int he beginning for RP purposes to always end each of my sentances with a squawk and then there was a role that forced people to do somthing similar :D