New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mutineer's Werewolf

@Zack: Yes. He didn't have to out my role to do....I don't even know what aside from vaguely try to spoil any chance I had to enjoy the game in order to not get lynched. He wasn't going to ever get lynched the way things were going. That's pretty much the definition of petty behavior. I dared to vote for him because I didn't like what he was doing and thought it was amusing, so he decided to try to ruin my fun and pretend as if he needed to do so when he in no way did.

Edit: Zack, once again you've said something that's so obviously provocative and drama-inducing I feel there's no point responding to it other than to point it out. Seriously, cut that out. This is at least the second game where I've had to ask you not to.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-04-21 at 05:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Day is now over. Update probably tomorrow.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: To Ramsus
    Show
    Ramsus, while I don't like Fawkes's statement of "play the game my way or else*" I have yet to witness a game in which you were a player where you didn't point the finger at someone else for making the game not fun for you. Do you even like werewolf games? Because in my experience, you don't seem to.

*paraphrased
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Wow Fawkes that was petty as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Fawkes is being petty?
    I have to agree with Ramsus. This does seem rather petty, considering that it's not very likely that Ramsus' choice of target could influence anyone since he did note that he wasn't playing this game seriously.

And as for seriously, back off Zack, seriously.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-04-21 at 06:05 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #515
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I have to agree with Ramsus. This does seem rather petty, considering that it's not very likely that Ramsus' choice of target could influence anyone since he did note that he wasn't playing this game seriously.

And as for seriously, back of Zack, seriously.
    Eh. Someone publicly declares they're my enemy, then they're my enemy.

Personally, I thought it was petty for Ramsus to try to mount a crusade against me, when I was already on the edge of being voted out, because he didn't like how I handled my unusual role.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2015-04-21 at 06:06 PM.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Me? When did I try to vote you out? You must have me confused with one of those crazy Chinese Fire Drill people.

7. - Top - End - #517

Imp

Me? When did I try to vote you out? You must have me confused with one of those crazy Chinese Fire Drill people.
    Er, sorry, Lex. Didn't mean to write "you", there. You've been nothing but a class act in this and all werewolf games.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Okay then. I'll forgive you. But only because you'll always have a place in my heart, mostly because you were my first co-narrator for my first Werewolf game. You are awesome, my friend.

9. - Top - End - #519

Imp

Okay then. I'll forgive you. But only because you'll always have a place in my heart, mostly because you were my first co-narrator for my first Werewolf game. You are awesome, my friend.
    *fistbump*
    Show
    Then don't look close.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

*bumpfist*

11. - Top - End - #521
    Zack
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    ~Posting at night is not permissible, and doing so may get ye shot. Arr.
    10 characters

12. - Top - End - #522

Imp

I thought we agreed last night that the period of time in between the end of the day and the beginning of the night was fair game.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: To Logic
    Show

Ignoring that that wasn't a particularly nice (or wise imo) thing to say, even if you'd put that in a nicer way, I'll try to respond in a calm and reasonable manner. Especially since I don't recall having any prior issues with you.

I haven't kept track of how many games we've played together but I highly doubt that statement you made was factually accurate. Even if it was, the way you ignore the individual circumstances and just lump them together like that just comes off more as victim shaming than making some kind of worthwhile point. I can't control how other people treat me, I can either respond to things I don't find enjoyable or I can choose not to. I dislike doing the later as I would rather people knew certain things bothered me and I have little tolerance or empathy for the kind of people who just don't care if other people are having fun.

Also for someone called Logic, your logic is very poor here. If I didn't enjoy werewolf games how could someone possibly spoil my non-existent enjoyment of them?

Rather than attacking people for having things they don't like (like how you don't seem to enjoy the trend of people making puns about your name and voting for you Day 1 frequently), I think it makes more sense to be open to people expressing what they don't like and attempt to avoid doing those things (within reason of course, for example I'm not promising to never vote for you on Day 1 or make puns since I enjoy puns, even if I will and perhaps already have taken the time to remember your feelings).

I guess I would say you should examine the experiences you're referring to and try to see why someone wouldn't enjoy everything in my position in those games. (For example: Most people don't like being bullied and insulted and having nearly everyone shrug and essentially say "not a problem because it's not my problem".)
    Edit: (Note: I was not referring to this game. You can probably guess which one I was.)

And I suppose you could also consider the fact that I've played games here for long enough to have decided for myself if I enjoyed them. Also if you paid careful attention you'd have noticed there are certain game types I don't play specifically because I have determined I don't enjoy them. (Such as CoA games and classic werewolf games with only the standard roles.) I don't think it really should need to be said that it's my place to make such assessments and not yours.

Mostly however I'd seriously caution you against saying anything of the sort you just said to me to anyone else in the future. There's nothing to be gained from it (for you personally or the forum or the community of werewolf/mafia players in general) and despite my likely appearance of being a bit prickly, I'm fairly certain I'm a lot more forgiving and willing to respond calmly (when not pushed past certain points at least) than a majority of people. I won't say everyone will explode in anger (though some will) but there will usually be some kind of negative consequence. (I wouldn't be surprised if hostility was part of the cause of the lower player numbers in recent times.)

If you're just looking for someone to troll/be snippy at/whatever there's a whole internet of full of better places to do it and more deserving and willing participants to do it with. This forum is however not such a place (see the rules) and I'm not such a person, whether that's what you've assumed to be the case or not. (Not an accusation of any kind btw, for some people that's a thing they enjoy and that's fine as long as they keep it where it belongs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Eh. Someone publicly declares they're my enemy, then they're my enemy.

Personally, I thought it was petty for Ramsus to try to mount a crusade against me, when I was already on the edge of being voted out, because he didn't like how I handled my unusual role.
    @Fawkes: That's a very extreme (and thus poor) strategy, especially in a more broad scope (which is how it sounds the way you said that).
    Edit: Also perhaps you should re-check the definitions of petty and crusade. Possibly you've confused the order of events somewhat if you think the word crusade made sense.
    Edit 2: If one examines things, I think it was you who went out of their way to make an "enemy" of me rather than the other way around. Unless you've confused "is voting for me" or "expressed dislike of something I did" as "has declared themselves my enemy". Which is....well incorrect to say the least.

@Zack: What Fawkes just said. Though personally I feel like it's against the spirit of that rule, but if Penguinator cared he would have said so by now I imagine.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-04-21 at 06:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524

Imp

@Fawkes: That's a very extreme (and thus poor) strategy, especially in a more broad scope (which is how it sounds the way you said that).
    Edit: Also perhaps you should re-check the definitions of petty and crusade. Possibly you've confused the order of events somewhat if you think the word crusade made sense.
    Don't lecture me on what is or isn't proper strategy. You said yourself that you didn't care about strategy when you decided to target me for personal reasons.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

Can we ALL stop now? Pleeeeaaase! Please, please, please!! I'm begging you.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Bugbear in the Playground

I assume Fawkes chose me because he assumed I'd miss everything but even though it's too late to change today, Fawkes is lying about the roles at least.

I have a night action. I have no idea what it does and it doesn't target anyone but I have one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Zack
    Guest in the Playground

@Zack: What Fawkes just said. Though personally I feel like it's against the spirit of that rule, but if Penguinator cared he would have said so by now I imagine.
    Well, I for one am glad to see all the worthwhile discussion about the game that has taken place since Penguinator's post that the day is over.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

@Fawkes: So because I decided to intentionally eschew strategy that means I'm not allowed to recognize and comment on other people making strategic errors when they clearly do care about strategic maneuvering? I'm afraid that's not particularly convincing logically speaking. Of course if you're saying you just don't like it, that's an altogether different thing. I was also speaking in a more broad scope than just this one game, at which point you have no claim to say I've eschewed strategy as a life choice or whatnot.

Edit: @Zack: Sarcasm detected. Though I'm not really seeing much of this being about the game in particular. Seems to me it's mostly been about how people are behaving. Hopefully it wouldn't have much impact on the mechanical aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-04-21 at 06:52 PM.

19. - Top - End - #529

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    I assume Fawkes chose me because he assumed I'd miss everything but even though it's too late to change today, Fawkes is lying about the roles at least.

I have a night action. I have no idea what it does and it doesn't target anyone but I have one.
    Hm, really? Maybe I'm misinterpreting my instructions. I was told I couldn't select you to be commanded, so I assumed you had no night action, but it makes sense that you'd be off my list if there's no target. Each of my commands specifies the target.

In any case, I got Tom, Xhosant, and Ramsus's roles right, and Banjo, Elemental, and Demonking's roles match what I was given. If anyone doubts me, the scriers can look me up, and the wolves can try to night-kill me.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2015-04-21 at 06:52 PM.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Should I assume you used it N2? Cause I can make a guess if you did.

Me thoughts on me capn's behavior. While he be mean to risk me and ye necks, it be his jerky that be hangin' over the sharks in a mutiny. And from inside him boot and peg leg, a mutiny averted be little if he end with them fishes because we loyal folks liked him neither. So he done gathered 'imself some influence, and tha' that. He gotta use it ta stay afloat.

(so his role is exactly 'i can help you all, if you play my game', plus townies need an organizer and now 'tis 'im. We're very nearly perfectly sure he's a townie, so the best townie strategy right now is to obey his commands in the night, and his wagons in the day, probably offing whoever disobeyed in the night)

I be gettin' sober again, and night's still be far. Anyone gonna walk tha plank, git on with it, I be needin' me drinking bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

21. - Top - End - #531
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    Should I assume you used it N2? Cause I can make a guess if you did.

Me thoughts on me capn's behavior. While he be mean to risk me and ye necks, it be his jerky that be hangin' over the sharks in a mutiny. And from inside him boot and peg leg, a mutiny averted be little if he end with them fishes because we loyal folks liked him neither. So he done gathered 'imself some influence, and tha' that. He gotta use it ta stay afloat.

(so his role is exactly 'i can help you all, if you play my game', plus townies need an organizer and now 'tis 'im. We're very nearly perfectly sure he's a townie, so the best townie strategy right now is to obey his commands in the night, and his wagons in the day, probably offing whoever disobeyed in the night)

I be gettin' sober again, and night's still be far. Anyone gonna walk tha plank, git on with it, I be needin' me drinking bed.
    Fawkes isn't town, he almost certainly a neutral of some sort.

@Fawkes: So you're saying Pizza started the game as uncommandable too then?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

22. - Top - End - #532

Imp

Fawkes isn't town, he almost certainly a neutral of some sort.

@Fawkes: So you're saying Pizza started the game as uncommandable too then?
    I never claimed to not be a neutral. And no, Pizza started as multi-action. I'm assuming there's something else he can do. Or, you know, he could be lying.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2015-04-21 at 07:23 PM.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mkay, I was okay with twilight posting last night, I'm going to cut it off here, tonight. There's a lot for me to sort through already.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2015-04-21 at 07:23 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Okay, in lieu of an official update, I will give you the results:

banjo1985 and Fawkes are in the brig, can't be targeted, and can't use their own actions.

Everyone else, send in your night actions and I'll give you a real update over the weekend.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Zack
    Guest in the Playground

It's been a week. Is this still going on?

26. - Top - End - #536

Imp

I captained the ship right into an iceberg.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Sorry, it's finals week.

I'll have the update up later tonight.

I was sort of waiting on a couple of night actions; my intent was to put the update for both the previous day and the night when I got to it, and there are still about six night actions missing.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Keep at it! And I can wait around if it's finals! So, best of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Day and Night 3:

Jim Chumlegs had lost his cool. The other pirates had discovered the death of the mutineer and had begun shouting wild accusations and pointing fingers, several in his direction. He had just been trying to enjoy his poker game, but with the others shouting around, he had been forced to show his hand. As Bigger-Than-Medium-But-Not-As-Big-As-Big-Dave Dave scooped up the coins he had won from the man, several cards fell from his hand. Jim Chumlegs slammed a knife into the table and shouted loud enough for everyone to hear.
    "Dave's been riggin' the cards! 'E's been manipulatin' everythin' unner yer noses! Arr!"
    BTMBNABABD Dave stood, taller-than-but-not-towering-over Jim Chumlegs with his bigger-than-medium-but-not-quite-big stature. "Just what are yer sayin', mate?"
    "I'm sayin' yer a filthy cheat! The kind who might set up a mutiny!"
    Dave's larger-than-average-but-not-gigantic hand balled into a fist. "Why I ought'a..."
    "Squawk!" Squawky Jim, who had been acting as quartermaster in Andre's absence, appeared on the scene, grabbing them each by the ear. "Cap'n wouldn't like all this fighting. Into the brig, boys! Squawk!" With that, he alternated between clinging to their shoulders and dragging them below decks.

In the night, one man staggered about drunkenly, suddenly bumping into a cloaked figure. The figure stopped cold, glancing cruelly at the drunk before issuing what seemed to almost be an order. "I am looking for Leander the Incomprehensible."
    The drunk shook his head, clearing his thoughts. "He's dead, mate. Haven't you heard the news?"
    The cloaked figure didn't move. "Fascinating."
    The drunk blinked, and saw no one before him, and no one nearby. Perhaps it was his imagination?

Elsewhere, someone was polishing everyone's boots.
    "Scrub, scrub, scrub,
    Boots, boots, boots.
    Rub, rub, rub,

Um... Lutes?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fawkes and banjo1985 are in the brig.

No one died in the night.

Missed One Day:
    Spoiler
    Show
    firedaemon33 (had two active votes)
    Mrs McGinty (had two active votes)
    Tanar Aerdoth
    Legato Endless

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    # Players Character Killed Role
    01 Ramsus Petal Dances Under the Moonlight
    02 Duck999 Grey Beard
    03 Lex-Kat Young Nameless Wench
    04 Logic Leatherbeard
    05 BasketOfPuppies Scurvy Dogs
    06 Zack Zackbeard
    07 Visor Andre Duchamp Day Two Quartermaster, Town Witch-role
    08 bladescape Sailor of Doubt
    09 Count Dingdong Count Me-In
    10 Cuthalion Wharfcow Benji
    11 firedaemon33 Ol' No Name
    12 Tanar Aerdoth Tim "Tables" Thomson
    13 Fawkes Jim Chumlegs
    14 sphazre Pete One-Eye
    15 Askthepizzaguy Askthepirateguy
    16 Zar Peter Navigator Pete
    17 Mrs McGinty Dirty Derek McGinty
    18 Sprig Squawky Jim
    19 Elemental Leander the Incomprehensible Night Two Striker, Town Vigilante
    20 Xhosant Tim Wok "the Plank"
    21 Emperor DemonKing Jonathan "Trust Me" Swift Night Two Boatswain, Devil
    22 Fleeing Coward Bartolomeo "Chickenfoot" Paddles
    23 Tom the Mime Mime of Low Moral Fibre
    24 banjo1985 BTMDBNABABD Dave
    25 Legato Endless "Endless" the Flogger
    26 RuneboundShade Benjamin "Rusty" Hayes

Day 4 Begins.
    It will end in approximately 48 hours.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Squawky Jim found it quite distressing that he chucked the Captain in the brig. But to be fair, the Capt'n only retained unlimited authority during times of Battle and Jim wasn't sure what was happening could be classed as a Battle. He also wasn't sure that whether the Captain was put in the brig because it was for his own safety or for others.

Squawky Jim noticed a faint breeze starting to pick up and he yelled out to the crew.

"All hands report in. Set the Sails! Someone feed the Capt'n in the Brig, his usual meal, he is still the Capt'n after all! First Mate read out the night report! *Squawk*"

The something-come-quartermaster was quietly pleased the the crew hustled and bustled making the ship fit for a days sailing. He paused for a bit as a whisper was brought to his attention.

"There seems to be a rumour floating around that a drunk last night had contact with Leander the Incomprehensible's confused Killer, Can that killer be brought forth for Judgement? *Squawk*"
    Last edited by Sprig; 2015-04-29 at 06:28 AM.