New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Sandbox Apocalypse IC

Militia and police officers pour down the ladders, helping the injured, and grilling the players for details. after five minutes, twenty of them accompany you to the next control pipe.

James, make a mechanical roll add a +1 for the books that William brought

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Abby looks around hoping to spot anything that might be of use.
    Spoiler
    Show

foraging if acceptable (3d6+2)[11]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Abby, you find a closet with a large amount of lumber and nails, as well as hammers and screw guns. If you can find a use for them, have at it.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Banned

Will looks around, somewhat at a loss about what to do.

I'm ... just a grunt. Tell me what needs doing, I'll get to it.

5. - Top - End - #95

PaladinGuy

James takes out the make shift map and shows the plan to the militia and police that came down to help.

"we already hit valve here, but we still need to hit these ones. those things came from this direction here." he points at the map "I want to take down these openings so we have no more incidents. what ever those things are, we don't want them crawling around under us. Some good men are already down, i don't want that to happen again."

Spoiler: roll
    Show
    (3d6+3)[10] mechanical

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry was gone for a bit, my great grandfather past way.
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2015-04-27 at 06:32 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Banned

I'd really like some more options - like a few molotovs, a shotgun ... body armor. Do we have body armor? Or even just a motor cycle helmet and old news papers to stuff my shirt with.

Fas as I can see, this is all about ressources. And the most precious ressource we have is .. us.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

James, you have my condolences, and the militia split up to cover the two other valves. You close the valve, and you can help Wilford and Hunter.

Wilford, you can take william's armor, leather and metal combo, handmade by James.

The captain of the militia says to Abby, Hunter, and Wilford "you three, you need to bar the entry way around this valve. In each vicinity of each valve, there is a tunnel connecting other cities. you need to use the lumber and other metal scraps around, to block off the tunnel indefinitely.

Abby, Wilford: roll endurance, mechanical, or whatever you feel would apply for building. (state what you picked)

Hunter: roll knowledge for knowing how to build a good wall.

James, you can pick which to roll

8. - Top - End - #98

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: roll
    Show
    (3d6+3)[15]mechanical

After sealing his valve, he looks around to find the most efficient way to barricade off the entrance, looking for any supplies he can and and tools.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Hunters Roll
    Show
    Hunter's Roll: (3d6+4) 16. Also, I am taking over hunter for a while.

With Hunter guiding james, who also knows a good bit about creating stability, they start a very firm base of metal scraps molded onto lumber. There is a very strong frame, that covers the edges and grated pieces of lumber cross the middle.

Still awaiting other rolls to complete wall.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

Um ... I could totally build this out of lumber I'd cut down myself. But I'm just not as good with power tools as I am with a knife and a hatchet.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

there are hammers and sharp instruments as well, just all general construction equipment.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Banned

Will knows how to build a shelter in the wild. He's by no means a carpenter, but he can build strong - if not particularly pretty. He sets to work.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Knowledge (just general stuff): (3d6+2)[7]
    Survival: (3d6+2)[8]

Those are awful!
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2015-04-29 at 02:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With the support from Wilford and James, they direct you in an efficient manner. You build the wall further, almost to completion. there are only a few pieces left for Abby to attach to the wall.

14. - Top - End - #104

Lizardfolk

Abby helps finish up the wall
    Spoiler
    Show

enginuity
    (3d6+2)[14]

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Alright, you guys finish up the wall, and you get messages from the walkie talkie, that the other valves and tunnels were cut off. The mayor sets up brighter lights, and searches the entire system. There are no remnants of the things, excepting those you have killed. The mayor comes up to you guys personally and says "You have proven your value to this town. You fought for your homes, and your friends. I suggest you check on William, he should wake any moment now."

William is in the hospital, which is small, and almost just a small pharmacy.

16. - Top - End - #106

PaladinGuy

"this is my home mayor I would defend it with my I just glad we got the situation under control. I'm guessing that is what the gas would have done to us. I'm going to check on William."

James heads over to where William is being cared for.

"You ok buddy? We finished the mission, no one else will be hurt down there. Something came over me when I saw you hit the ground. I needed to finish it."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

William: "Im okay. i've been coughing up blood every time i move around a lot. but It stopped hurting since I got the medication. Have you guys found out what those things are? I mean, one of them kissed me!"

18. - Top - End - #108

PaladinGuy

"All we have are the ones we killed, maybe someone in the town is testing them, but I'm not sure what they are. I'm sure they have something to do with the gas in the sewers. its blocked off now, but who know if those things are topside elsewhere. ill make sure your looked after buddy."

James will tell the person treating William to watch him, he seems to be betting, but he was also effected different then the other. maybe they spread the gas with the "kiss" he talked about. Then go around town looking for any information. maybe the mayor will know more about what happened or if they found anything out from the bodies. he will also tell the mayor of Williams ailments and ask if he can have a "guard".
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2015-05-06 at 02:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Banned

Will would very much like a look at the downed ... things. He's hardly a doctor or surgeon, but he'd still like to have a look at what wounds seem to have done the most damage. Based on that, maybe he can figure out if a shotgun, or hollowpoints, might be effective.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Will roll knowledge,

James, roll influence

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The mayor consents to the guard, because he seems almost paranoid about the gas at this point.

22. - Top - End - #112

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    (3d6+2)[10] influence

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The mayor replies to your questions: "We are investigating the bodies right now, but we barely started. we wont be able to tell you about them much. We do know, they are capable of speech. when we were cleaning up, one of them looked up and said: 'the brass skull will see to our revenge' We are still trying to figure out if these guys are organized in any way."

24. - Top - End - #114

PaladinGuy

"I would hate to see what these things can do when their organized. for now, lest worry about any way we can protect the town. what do you need me to do?"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Well, we need to block off the road that goes through the cliffs, if we do that, no vehicles can at least get in. I'll need hunter to organise a watch, and You'll be in charge of the western barricade. I know you'll put your smarts to the best use." - mayor

James, The destination for the barricade is about four miles out of town, you can drive, or walk. Your jeep can function as a normal jeep, but still has not turret established. then roll knowledge/influence, for designing the wall.

Hunter, roll influence for announcing the need for sentinels, and gaining volunteers. If you want to come up with a plan for watches/security proticals, tell the mayor your ideas. after you roll/tell the mayor, you will be will james on the way to the barricade.

Abby, roll influence for helping hunter get volunteers, and/or roll endurance for helping build the barricade, once you get there.

Wilford, roll endurance/or strength/ for helping to build the barricade, once you get there.

No one is at the barricade yet, just to be clear. Post what your character says in character, to rouse the citizens/get organized, etc.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Banned

Guys, I'm sorry, but I've been eaten by wild tigers and I have to resign from this one. No, I'm kidding of course, but RL stuff is taking way more time than I thought it would. If I can't devote the time it deserves, I'd rather leave the spot for someone else.

27. - Top - End - #117

PaladinGuy

James will head out to the western barricade with his jeep,he will take supplies needed to for the job and some guns for protection.
    Spoiler: Roll
    Show

(3d6+3)[18] knowledge for the wall.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Alright, james, you direct the building of the wall in a very effiecient manner. the wall itself connects to both sides of the 'canyon' and there are holews in the wall for shooting from. the wall is very strong, able to stop large civilian truck. A tank or semi might be able to brake it. This takes the rest of the day and into the night. (12 at night)

James, how do you want to organize the watches?

Abby Rolls (3d6+2)[13] She helps with the jobs that require agility to accomplish the goals completion.

29. - Top - End - #119

PaladinGuy

James thinks the best way to handle the watch will be in 6 hour shifts with 3 people in each, 2 on the wall 1 on the ground with a vehicle. this way it hides the numbers and if anything happens someone can get help if needed. He will also build a shack for anyone there to have some supplies and rest something simple for anyone their.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

the mayor is at the wall, he wanted to see it when it was complete. You tell him about the watches, and he disagrees with you. "We must have eight people watching! on all walls. We dont want to wake up with our throats cut, because some bandits silenced or got around our wall!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I apologize for being inactive, the end of this school year is taking a toll on me, as it might be to everyone else. It appears it is just you and me roleplaying, so I am considering starting up july 1st. Though this is not set in stone, please let me know what you think