New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Dungeons of Doom (Room 1)

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom. You are all going to die down here sooner or later. You shouldn’t have killed the DM’s favourite character to death…or called him with the name of his female elven character in front of his boss. Now you face the consequences. As you enter the next dungeon, all of you step onto a 40 by 40 feet field teleport trap that instantly transports you in the deepest cavern of a dungeon completely unknown to you. There is no escape and there is no exit. Just try to stay alive as long as you can.

Room 1
    With a silent snap, you appear in the middle of a dungeon. Startled and slightly sickened by the sudden teleport, you look around. This is certainly not the Level 3 Dungeon of Minor Inconvenience you had expected to visit.
    You are standing on a narrow protrusion in front of a large chasm. Somewhere deep below your feet, you can hear a raging river but you can only guess where it is as the Chasm is filled with thick stinking smoke. Even the few of you with sight-enhancing utilities are not able to see more than a few feet into the blackish green cloud that makes even approaching the Chasm painful. As you look around, you see that the protrusion doesn’t reach far. It ends only inches besides your feet and the wet, slippery surface of the rock around you doesn’t look too inviting, besides the fact that no end of the rock above your heads is visible. As you check the rock immediately behind you, you discover a narrow passage that leads away from the chasm. Seeing no other exits, you decide to try your luck in it.
    As you enter the passage, the first thing you notice is the putrid smell of the place while the featureless floors and walls offer few means of orientation. Step by step you advance the corridor, looking for branches or doors. However, there are no branches away from the main passage to be seen while the passage itself becomes more and more steep and twisting, leading up into the dungeon. For a few moments you sense hope of reaching ground level soon, but those are soon vanquished as the corridor becomes flat again. You are now standing in one of the flat sections of the corridor. Here, it is about twenty feet wide and fifty-five feet long. Behind you, it leads down in a curve, while in front of you; the corridor ends in a curve as well, staying level. The floor in this corridor is rather flat and even, while the walls and the narrow ceiling (barely seven feet) are rather cragged and uneven with a lot of bumps in them. As you advance through the corridor, you start to hear a sound in the distance. You identify a rumbling from somewhere beyond the corner, slowly but significantly increasing in size. As the echoes throughout the dungeon grow louder, you also notice the stench of the place increasing in magnitude…

What do you do? Describe your actions until Sunday, 7 AM Eastern

: The Support Thread. Check out Gear and Physical State of you and your companions

{table="head"]{colsp=2}The Players in the Dungeon of Doom
    Aegeus|Alive
    Akaziel|Alive
    Altharis|Alive
    Amiria, Countess of Mispelling|Alive
    Calamity|Alive
    Case|Alive
    Castaras|Alive
    Deckmaster|Alive
    DLD|Alive
    Eldritch Knight|Alive
    El Jaspero|Alive
    evnafets|Alive
    Fredricus|Alive
    Frigs|Alive
    GenericPC|Alive
    Gezina|Alive
    Gnome Barbarian|Alive
    GoC|Alive
    Hivemind Ghost|Alive
    HyramGraff|Alive
    Jazzman|Alive
    KewlKat|Alive
    Krystal Tiger|Alive
    Kyrian|Alive
    Lucid Archon|Alive
    Maggie the Cat|Alive
    Mewtarthio|Alive
    Meynolds|Alive
    Orzel|Alive
    pendell|Alive
    pingcode20|Alive
    Rigel Cyrosea|Alive
    Rumda|Alive
    Thes Hunter|Alive
    Warpfire777|Alive
    Zar Peter|Alive[/table]
    Last edited by Silkenfist; 2007-04-10 at 06:52 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons of Doom (Room 1)

Hmm... Whatever it is, it sounds large... and stupid.

Mewtarthio readies his Wand of Charm Monster, though he's also prepared to quickly brandish his other wand (Cure Critical) should the stench turn out to be decomposing undead horror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Use wand of Fireball, fling spell down hallway to illuminate oncoming monster, so that we know what it is, and so that it might be weakened.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

((For this, I am Corven Visionclear, Courier Adventurer Extraordinaire))

Corven took out his wand of cancellation, positioning himself behind Mewthario, ready to zap whatever came out. He ran his fingers along his scroll case, thinking about the deadly scroll he had been charged with carrying to the place of its destruction when he was teleported here.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-04-10 at 11:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

DLD readies her Keyblade in a position where she can hit any monsters that come too close but can also use the gauntlets if she needs to. She also makes sure that she is behind Eldritch Knight when he uses the wand of fireball.
    Last edited by DarkLightDragon; 2007-04-10 at 11:54 PM.
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

evnafets holds his nose to block the smell, and moves out of the center of the corridor, towards the right hand wall (the right hand wall when walking up the corridor)
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Suryc (my character for this. Apologises to Cyrus.) puls
    ls out a shuriken of floating and throws it down the corridor. Then scatters some cantrops to block the way.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Castaras glances round the place, and concentrates on her pie-staff. She summons one of her deadly dwarven bread throwing pies, wielding it in one hand, waiting for the creature.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Calamity looks around the room to see where the rumbling is coming from and he readies his staff of ice for battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Jazzman, his ring of invisbility active, backs into the wall, willing his (also invisible) metamorphic sword into a thick sheet of adamantine. The hilt and the tip of the blade go ethereal and into the floor and ceiling, the tangible part forming a wall of metal, which he puts against the wall at an angle, creating an invisible wedge. Once in position, the sword becomes completely tangible again, securing it completely.

Jazzman is now shielded behind the wedge, staying in contact to continue its invisibility, tensely awaiting whatever is round the corner.
    Last edited by Jazzman; 2007-04-11 at 04:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akaziel readies Pitchfork and clings to the wall. His Wand of Jelly Thoughts is in his other hand as well, also at the ready. The Anymug has been prepared with Liquid Gelatin/Jelly.

He is now prepared to make a distraction.

What creature can't resist jelly? None, after I cast Jelly Thoughts... and what do you know? I just happen to have some with me, thanks to the Anymug. I throw it on the ground, near the monster... then cast the spell. After it gets preoccupied with its eating, we can either sneak away or kill it...
    Last edited by Akaziel; 2007-04-11 at 05:29 AM.
    I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

'Tis my Team RAF Trophy Case.

Yay for my Ceikatar! w00t!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fredricus lights his double lightsabre and readies for the creature to come. He waits behind the corner for it.
    Current avatar made by Kpenguin , more cool avatars in my spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

13. - Top - End - #13

Amiria walks up the wall a bit with her fuzzy bunny slippers and brandishes her staff over the the heads of her companions.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Deckmaster activates the x-ray vision function of his glasses to try and see what's coming around the corner. He also draws his scimitar and holds it at the ready.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Pendell hides in shadows. Using the uneven crags, He will attempt to get off the floor somewhat, in case whatever it is is not a monster, but instead a collapsing floor or such like. While most likely a monster, the stench could be caused by a sulfur vent opening or such like.

Since he has no weapons, he will wait until one is dropped or other opportunity presents itself.

Pendell sends his cat (hereafter named Xena) ahead as scout, with orders to be VERY VERY CAREFUL and to TAKE NO RISKS, to stay in shadows and to flee back at the first sign of trouble.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Last edited by pendell; 2007-04-11 at 08:18 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Rigel of Cyrosea takes out a Wyrm Ditherbomb, but doesn't shake it yet. He will wait until everyone else has attacked the monster, or if things are looking bad, he will use the acid explosion to melt the wall and escape.
    EDIT: He also plugs his nose.
    Last edited by Rigel Cyrosea; 2007-04-11 at 05:31 PM.
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kyrian uses his shades of nightvision to look around, and draws Renegade, but doesn't yet activate the blade's magic. Subconciously, he's a little jealous of DLD, since his player picked up Kingdom Hearts 2 again last night and kinda wishes his player had thought of using a keyblade. I mean, who wouldn't want a keyblade? It's a key...AND a blade. FUN!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

18. - Top - End - #18

First off guys, we are going to have to work together. It's the only way we will have all the items necessary to be able to get around all these traps.

Next, before we decide the best way to tackle a problem, we need to understand it.

I am not sure that what we hear coming in a monster. The clues we have is the stench...
    And...
    That the floor slopes behind us, but not in front of us.
    That the floor is smooth on the bottom but not on the walls.

So Mr. DM, I am sorry I drank all your beer, but could is the stench more like a sulfur stench or a dung stench, or an unwashed body stench?

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Thes: All of the above. Remember whent that plague struck and the farmers threw all rotting pit corpses into the cesspit. That's the stench. Only a bit worse.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Me thinks... ACID!

I quickly glance behind us to see if there is anything amiss. (Spot Check, I'd assume)
    Last edited by Eldritch Knight; 2007-04-11 at 11:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucid sniffs the air, lost in thought. Then, he speaks. "The odor and noise seem consistent with an undead creature of some variety, but I wouldn't bank on it..." He raises a hand to touch the ceiling. "Thankfully, we know it can't have dimensions greater than seven or so feet. Oozes don't make sound when they travel, and we know whatever it is isn't flying. It may be a swarm of some kind..." Lucid breaks of from contemplation, and readies his shield, aiming to block any incoming swarm of fluid.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Aegeus says "I agree, Lucid. It could be a monster, but it might also be a fluid of some sort, or possibly a machine. There is also the possiblitiy that the threat could come from behind, creating a cliched 'Run for your Life' scenario." In fact, judging from the unpleasant nature of the room we appeared in, the hazard is most likely to come from behind"

Aegeus faces the way they came and whips out his adamantine dagger. He then removes a sack from his bag and rips it open. He drapes the tough burlap over himself (leaving a space for his head) as an extra layer of clothing, hoping that if a flood of acid or lava comes toward him, the sack will buy him a few seconds to flee before he is incinerated. Lastly, he moves to stand behind the nearest adventurer with a large shield.
    "I'll guard the rear, you guard the front, and my sack guards against acid and stuff."

OOC: Do I have enough contingencies?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Aegeus: Yes. You have to assume a weird crouching position but you can hull yourself in the sack.

24. - Top - End - #24

"I think EK has a good point about it being some sort of acid. Rushing fluid does make considerable about of noise. I think we all will need to crowd up next to the ceiling."

"How about all those people with spider climb slippers rope and other sorts of things pull up and protect people who don't have those things."

Thes begins to fashion a sling to hold herself up against the ceiling with her bucket, towel and the drill bit on the swiss army knife.
    Last edited by Thes Hunter; 2007-04-11 at 02:57 PM.

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

25. - Top - End - #25

That's a good idea.

Äh, Amiria, könntest du mir vielleicht nach oben helfen? Bitte, bitte, bitte (fällt dabei auf die Knie und nimmt die Sonnenbrille ab)
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2007-04-11 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Doch nur eine!
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

"Aber gewiss doch. So schwer schaust du ja nicht aus.", says Amiria and holds out a hand to Zar Peter.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-04-11 at 03:20 PM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Vielen, vielen Dank. Ich werde versuchen mein Gewicht so gut wie möglich zu verteilen.

Zar Peter climbs up the hand of Amiria and tries to find something to hold up the wall.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Amiria shuffles to the ceiling with the gnome in tow. "I fear that I'm not strong enough to pull bigger people up." She looks out for cracks and niches in the ceiling that might serve as cover or a hiding place.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-04-11 at 03:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Pendell continues moving up towards the ceiling on the uneven crannies and ledges, hoping that Xena can evade and jump way high when running back, if acid is what it is.

Mein Buchstabe spricht nicht Deutsches und kann niemand sehr gut erstechen nicht sprechendes Common, auf der Annahme, die sie plotten.

Continuing ...

"May I suggest that the party agree on a common language, such as English Common? "

(No, I don't speak German. If that is horribly mis-translated, blame Babelfish).

((OOC: Everyone has seen
    The Giant's
    Policy, right?)
    Respektvoll,

Brian P.

30. - Top - End - #30

Sorry pendell.

I begged Amiria to let me up (referring a little bit to the Blues Brothers) and she agreed.

I will not use German in this thread any more, promised!

Spoiler
    Show